Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

This Is What African Hip Hop Sounds Like In 2013. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / This Is What African Hip Hop Sounds Like In 2013. (1124 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 / Don Jazzy & Akon Top Richest African Artists, Musicians In 2013– Forbes Magazine / Best Of WIZKID In 2013... [audio And Video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is What African Hip Hop Sounds Like In 2013. by africanhiphoped: 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2013
Hello Everybody,

With all due respect and speaking from the perspective of archivists that have charted and participated in the growth of African hip hop from 1997 though various platforms on and offline,it has been extremely interesting witnessing the steady growth of hip hop in Nigeria over the last couple of years.The discussions on this thread have been quite illuminating in that regard however having noted there appears to be a dearth of knowledge and experience about hip hop from other parts of the continent,we hope this thread would serve to open discussions and also broaden user knowledge about African Hip Hop as it is practiced in locales as far flung as Lesotho to Tanzania,you would be pleased to note that your Modenine still ranks as one of your best demonstrators of the art form to fans/true heads in Africa and Worldwide and there has apparently emerged another rapper from Nigeria called Boogie whose '5 am in Lagos' is lyricism personified.

The beats are greatly improved,the lyrics and themes and styles on display across Africa are worthy of your applause and patronage.Listen to the playlist:

http://snd.sc/1cCSQIc

Playlist for African hip hop radio July/August 2013

Just a band – Dunia ina mambo
Cavaliers band – Dunia ina mambo
Khuli Chana – Mnatebawen
The Juggernauts – Broken-Riddim-Version
Modenine & XYZ – Let It Go
Alec Lomami – Pardon My French
Kus Ma x Shappa Man – Tutti Frutti
Burna Boy – Run my race
TNG – Crazy Man
Boogey – 5 am in Lagos
J.Town Ft. Screech – Do It Right
Shanta ft Lord Eyez – Hood Super Star
Tripple 2 – Funky flame
Fecko Tha Emcee – RAP2001
Jupiter – Yaka
Orch Kouloukoko du Zaire – Sana Mama
Maryam Mursal – Heestii Lay Lay
Big T – If I Can Stand Then Why Lay
Black Motion – That Lazy Song ft. Nape
Tony Cook – On the floor
Deplowmatz – Kila siku kila mwaka
Mr II – Hali Halisi
Dogo janja ft Pnc – Maisha ya skonga
Rumor & Joey B – Can I (The Rising Stars Of GH Vol 1)
M.anifest – Motherland
Dumi Right – Over here ft Babaluku
Vieira – Nos e que nos

African Hip Hop in 2013 has come of age.The likes of Boogie,Fecko Tha Emcee and Modenine are indeed pacesetters propelling its growth.How would you rate their performance alongside their peers from across Africa?Discuss.

Regards and Best Wishes.

AHH editor,
Amsterdam,Holland.
Re: This Is What African Hip Hop Sounds Like In 2013. by emarketer1: 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2013
I couldn't agree more. Fecko have been uniting Africa one track at a time. Raw African Poetry 2.0 is a gem. Boogey, Modenine, Zone Fam, HHP are other worthy mentions.

(1) (Reply)

FRESH - Davido Releases New Music Skelewu Online / Download Gospel Music: Worship City – Deeper / Wizkid Breaks Another World Record ! Alongside Jay Z, Drake, Kendrick Lamar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.