Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,525 members, 7,954,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:36 PM

Domain Name Business - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domain Name Business (88635 Views)

*must Read* All You Need To Know About Domain Name Business / Have You Ever Tried Domain Name Selling Online Without Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Please what did you feel in your state province field. Thanx.
and on a good day, filling the state column is not compulsory, so if u cnt process ur paymnt cos of d state issue, dere is a problem.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
una no even call person, im presently present sha cool cool
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Walk into your bank and tell them they should allow online transaction on your card

It is Uba Africard. I have activated it on their website. Let me try contacting them.
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
mikelreal: and on a good day, filling the state column is not compulsory, so if u cnt process ur paymnt cos of d state issue, dere is a problem.
I will kep trying.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
I will kep trying.
okay,hope it works. Send a mail tu godaddy..they will tell u whatsapp
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

It is Uba Africard. I have activated it on their website. Let me try contacting them.

Don't worry, they will sort you out. Quickly contact them and they should sort you out so you can start your domain business.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
If anyone know how to build a website, lets do business pls.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2013
Need ideas for ur hot domains? Use dz website http://impossibility.org/
Re: Domain Name Business by kochees: 8:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: If anyone know how to build a website, lets do business pls.
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Don't worry, they will sort you out. Quickly contact them and they should sort you out so you can start your domain business.

Thanx, I'll contact them. I ran out of power. I will fontact them. Thanx.
Re: Domain Name Business by samee72(f): 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
thanks Mikel i just registered my first domain name on godaddy i had to call Access Bank head office to to enable my visa card for pinless transactions, thanks house

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
samee72: thanks Mikel i just registered my first domain name on godaddy i had to call Access Bank head office to to enable my visa card for pinless transactions, thanks house
yayy! congrats. dont forget to send my share of d dollars

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by samee72(f): 12:14am On Aug 07, 2013
@mikel i sure will thanks once again

mikelreal: yayy! congrats. dont forget to send my share of d dollars
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 07, 2013
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 07, 2013
another way to sell ur domains: from namepros.com

1.) Conduct a search on google for the main keyword or phrase which your domain represents.
2.) Look over the results and make a list of who would most likely benefit from having the domain you're looking to sell.
3.) Another big help is by looking at the sponsored results. If you own exactly the phrase/word that a business is bidding on, they should be prime suspects of someone who would want to buy your domain.
4.) Find the right person to contact from these sites. Most of the time, you may only find an email address to start out with. That's ok, since it's good to send a simple email to begin with, as you don't want to put too much time on one contact when beginning this process.
5.) Craft a polite email proposal stating that you have this name for sale (as a courtesy to them).

Keep it simple and to the point. If you make it too long, they may think of you as a spammer.
Too short, they won't take it seriously. Tell them who you are (full name), email address, and phone number.
If you do this, be prepared to answer them either by phone or email. Contacts that you properly qualified as potential buyers should be eager to contact you, and depending on their preference for doing business, you should be prepared for either form of communication. Be professional, and be quick to respond without sounding too eager to sell. You want to get the best price you can. You've let them know that the domain is for sale, but not at any price. If
you seem eager, that could actually scare them
away (and for good reason) or make them think
you don't know what you're doing, and they'll low ball you.
If you make a mistake and this happens, stick to
your price and keep looking for the next buyer.
My rule of thumb is: Don't give too much away, but also don't try to suck every penny out of them either. You want the experience to be positive for both sides.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 07, 2013
http://emailextractorpro.com/ is a software that helps u to get the contact details of the potential buyers of ur domain...download n try it out.
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 9:59am On Aug 07, 2013
mikelreal: http://emailextractorpro.com/ is a software that helps u to get the contact details of the potential buyers of ur domain...download n try it out.

If come across expired domains and wish to register it instantly, does the price go higher as renewal or lower as if you're buying it as fresh? This convinces me long time ago and haven't got the right answer yet..
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

If come across expired domains and wish to register it instantly, does the price go higher as renewal or lower as if you're buying it as fresh? This convinces me long time ago and haven't got the right answer yet..
you are buying it as a new domain, n u can even buy it more cheaper if u ve coupons.
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:22am On Aug 07, 2013
mikelreal: you are buying it as a new domain, n u can even buy it more cheaper if u ve coupons.

We have expired and dropped domains. Dropped domains are domains which were not renewed by the owner or backordered by a domainer. Backordering is bidding for a domain before it drops. At the expired stage, you buy it at the price set by the registrer.

If it drops, it is no more an expired domain. At this stage, the dropped domain name can be registered as a new/fresh domain.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

We have expired and dropped domains. Dropped domains are domains which were not renewed by the owner or backordered by a domainer. Backordering is bidding for a domain before it drops. At the expired stage, you buy it at the price set by the registrer.

If it drops, it is no more an expired domain. At this stage, the dropped domain name can be registered as a new/fresh domain.
ok
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 11:36am On Aug 07, 2013
mikelreal: you are buying it as a new domain, n u can even buy it more cheaper if u ve coupons.

I just bought one award winning international photographer domain that expired yesterday grin
I just sent him mail, i hope he will reply and pay me my $10k grin
I told him to confirm his interest before i extend it to 5 years for personal use cheesy

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 07, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

I just bought one award winning international photographer domain that expired yesterday grin
I told him to confirm his interest before i extend it to 5 years for personal use cheesy
lol dotcom u don start, $10k or N10k? Whats d DN sef? Ve bn tryin to pay for one dropped domain oo dunno weda its d coupon,bank or godaddy..lemme even contact dem sef
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 11:51am On Aug 07, 2013
Anybody with a valid $0.99 coupon for .COM ?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 07, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Anybody with a valid $0.99 coupon for .COM ?
been google-ing all day for it
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 11:57am On Aug 07, 2013
mikelreal: been google-ing all day for it

Me too grin
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
Thanks mikel

you are really doing great

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
Lol thanks, am also learning..we shud all share our new discoveries here,anythn new share it

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
mikelreal: Lol thanks, am also learning..we shud all share our new discoveries here,anythn new share it

Korrect guy

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
This coupon is wasting my time ooo...

Google is even tired of me searching for coupon grin

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Men domain marketing has become blackmail. Lol. Just kidding.

Nice and brilliant strategy. You are heading in the right direction.
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Men domain marketing has become blackmail. Lol. Just kidding.

Nice and brilliant strategy. You are heading in the right direction.

Thank you bro, even though if he show no interest, it's just only $8 grin, thats just for Mcdonald lunch grin
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Thank you bro, even though if he show no interest, it's just only $8 grin, thats just for Mcdonald lunch grin
just $8? Close to N5,000, dotcom abeg come show me d way make i see road clearly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply)

A Nigerian Man's Business In South Africa In Pictures / Abdulmunaf Yunusa Sarina And His 16 Daughters (Photos) / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.