Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad (3976 Views)

Trailer Veers Off Bridge In Lagos In A Shocking Manner. See Photos / How To Spot A Nigerian Abroad / Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by chukyrooy(m): 1:26am On Aug 06, 2013
I saw this video on youtube and it has caused a lot of outrage from Nigerian viewers. Personally as a Nigerian living abroad, I receive negative comments from my white friends about Nigeria and even if things aren't moving in the right direction, I still stay positive. What is your take on her views?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TA4AYQ2mFU#at=94

(Mods Please help me upload the video...thanks.)

2 Likes

Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by kaffy4tope(m): 2:25am On Aug 06, 2013
Omg, I am speechless and embarassed. But, come to think of it, don't you think she's saying the truth?

Nevertheless, she shouldn't have washed Nigeria's dirty linen in the public like that.

1 Like

Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Egbagirl(f): 5:14am On Aug 06, 2013
Tbh, I could only beat to watch half of the video. A few things:

Nigeria is not the only country with those characteristics mentioned.

So all those things happen in Nigeria, and running away is the best option because you can't stand it? Cowardice? (I only say this because of your mindset)

You might want to start claiming another nationality since you feel this way or?
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by adextetoo(m): 7:49am On Aug 06, 2013
oga no blame dis girl ooo na true yarn she dey talk if u sef dey her condition u go no hw painful it is to be a nigerian

1 Like

Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by chukyrooy(m): 8:06am On Aug 06, 2013
kaffy4tope: Omg, I am speechless and embarassed. But, come to think of it, don't you think she's saying the truth?

Nevertheless, she shouldn't have washed Nigeria's dirty linen in the public like that.

I think her motive was clear and maybe she is saying the truth or maybe not, but she never even mentioned anything positive about Nigeria...Its people like her that make the white folks see us from a single side of the story and think that Nigeria is a hell hole, which is not true. I mean of course we have our problems, but to air it out in public like that..that is way too far.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by chukyrooy(m): 8:08am On Aug 06, 2013
Egba girl: Tbh, I could only beat to watch half of the video. A few things:

Nigeria is not the only country with those characteristics mentioned.

So all those things happen in Nigeria, and running away is the best option because you can't stand it? Cowardice? (I only say this because of your mindset)

You might want to start claiming another nationality since you feel this way or?

I know and believe that Nigeria is not the worst out there..but dismissing your country and claiming American is just a joke.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by chukyrooy(m): 8:10am On Aug 06, 2013
adextetoo: oga no blame dis girl ooo na true yarn she dey talk if u sef dey her condition u go no hw painful it is to be a nigerian

Bros I live abroad..and I still claim my Naija everywhere...nothing dey there

4 Likes

Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by lomprico(m): 8:31am On Aug 06, 2013
Truth is bitter.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Egbagirl(f): 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
chukyrooy:

I know and believe that Nigeria is not the worst out there..but dismissing your country and claiming American is just a joke.

But when she feels this way about Nigeria, she might as well claim another identity now or?
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by 25omega(m): 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
kaffy4tope: Omg, I am speechless and embarassed. But, come to think of it, don't you think she's saying the truth?

Egba girl:

But when she feels this way about Nigeria, she might as well claim another identity now or?
you folks are getting it wrong. she is not putting down Nigeria for the sake of putting the country down but she is trying to reach out to people who actually live in the situation she mentioned so that you can share the same outrage she is expressing. Once people become outraged instead of pointing fingers and shrugging then, change can begin. If The issues of the country is mentioned and you think that makes her unpatriotic then the problems in that country will never end.
The issues she mentioned are valid concerns and it should fuel the outrage of the people who are living in those conditions instead of making it seem like she is dumb for saying it

2 Likes

Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
@25omega.......you are really spot on with your analysis......l totally agree and concur with you,we need to look beyond her and see the crucial issues she raised.....
25omega: you folks are getting it wrong. she is not putting down Nigeria for the sake of putting the country down but she is trying to reach out to people who actually live in the situation she mentioned so that you can share the same outrage she is expressing. Once people become outraged instead of pointing fingers and shrugging then, change can begin. If The issues of the country is mentioned and you think that makes her unpatriotic then the problems in that country will never end.
The issues she mentioned are valid concerns and it should fuel the outrage of the people who are living in those conditions instead of making it seem like she is dumb for saying it
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Chinwem(f): 11:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
Why wouldn't I leave........
Check out the long queues at the embassies
Daylight murder of innocent civilians suspects in full view of so called N20 police
That one still confounds the shit out of me
Why Nigeria is still up there with Afghanistan and Pakistan as the only countries left with endemic polio beats me
There is a system problem for sure
I don't agree with changing your accent sha but whatever rocks your boat
Can't say I blame you for leaving either........don't forget to shut padlock the door behind you
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by chukyrooy(m): 12:16am On Aug 07, 2013
25omega: you folks are getting it wrong. she is not putting down Nigeria for the sake of putting the country down but she is trying to reach out to people who actually live in the situation she mentioned so that you can share the same outrage she is expressing. Once people become outraged instead of pointing fingers and shrugging then, change can begin. If The issues of the country is mentioned and you think that makes her unpatriotic then the problems in that country will never end.

She is raising issues that the enlightened Nigerian people already know. Without mentioning or suggesting one solution. So we have problems in Nigeria...so should we all give up on Nigeria and travel abroad then what? the problems are here and Its not going to be solved by stating them. We should do our own part in trying to make things better..not running away, changing your accent and reminding us of the problems facing the country
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Egbagirl(f): 4:20am On Aug 07, 2013
There are many ways to express concern over the same issues. I'm not saying that those problems don't exist. Of course they do, I mean it's not the first time people will complain about such. My ish is the way she did it. Hers is a tone of disgust and contempt and "I can't stand that place". "Why would I leave Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by justwise(m): 6:59am On Aug 07, 2013
She is brutally right, she hit all right notes.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by WaltherPPK: 9:46am On Aug 07, 2013
This stewpid girl should just sit her stinking arse wherever she is, Nigeria does not even need people like her. what is her motive for posting the video? since she made it clear she does not have any interest in Nigeria any longer. And all of you that are applauding her, yes we know the problems but in what way are you helping Nigeria? What I see is just a delude immature girl revelling in the euphoria that she is now imbibing the culture of a society she sees as Eldorado, if this not inferiority complex, i wonder what it is.

1 Like

Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Skywalker5(m): 10:19am On Aug 07, 2013
Lets just say 50% of Nigerian people living in Nigeria are brain damaged

grin grin grin grin grin . This girl wicked no be small
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by justwise(m): 10:40am On Aug 07, 2013
WaltherPPK: This stewpid girl should just sit her stinking arse wherever she is, Nigeria does not even need people like her. what is her motive for posting the video? since she made it clear she does not have any interest in Nigeria any longer. And all of you that are applauding her, yes we know the problems but in what way are you helping Nigeria? What I see is just a delude immature girl revelling in the euphoria that she is now imbibing the culture of a society she sees as Eldorado, if this not inferiority complex, i wonder what it is.

Millions of miles away from inferiority complex, he said what millions of Nigerians have said and continue saying

If this video was done by a Nigerian pastor this thread will be full of praise singers and bible quoting. Truth is bitter they said
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by WaltherPPK: 11:47am On Aug 07, 2013
justwise:

Millions of miles away from inferiority complex, he said what millions of Nigerians have said and continue saying

If this video was done by a Nigerian pastor this thread will be full of praise singers and bible quoting. Truth is bitter they said
The point is, if she has given up on Nigeria, there is no point complaining about the problems that have been there before she was born. I would rather applaud people doing something to change the situation, who are confronting bad governance, who are creating jobs in any little way. The girl with her infantile mannerism is not what Nigeria needs, changing her accent and bragging about the compliment she receives smack of inferiority complex, the likes of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, were in the US before she was born and rose to the apex of international organisations without changing their accent why should that be a priority to any bright and secure individual.

1 Like

Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
WaltherPPK:
The point is, if she has given up on Nigeria, there is no point complaining about the problems that have been there before she was born. I would rather applaud people doing something to change the situation, who are confronting bad governance, who are creating jobs in any little way. The girl with her infantile mannerism is not what Nigeria needs, changing her accent and bragging about the compliment she receives smack of inferiority complex, the likes of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, were in the US before she was born and rose to the apex of international organisations without changing their accent why should that be a priority to any bright and secure individual.

And what would you call raising more awareness about the problem?
Even though, i know she is trying to get into the communication or entertainment industry cos that would be the best way to get recognized, but i think she has said nothing but the truth and it hurts cos the truth is bitter
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by 25omega(m): 1:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
WaltherPPK: This stewpid girl should just sit her stinking arse wherever she is, Nigeria does not even need people like her. what is her motive for posting the video? since she made it clear she does not have any interest in Nigeria any longer. And all of you that are applauding her, yes we know the problems but in what way are you helping Nigeria? What I see is just a delude immature girl revelling in the euphoria that she is now imbibing the culture of a society she sees as Eldorado, if this not inferiority complex, i wonder what it is.
you calling the girl stu-pid is not helping either. This is exactly what i was talking about where people will take someones outrage about valid issues and turn it around as if she is the problem. Irregardless of how immature she may have come off you still have to admit that the problems she mentioned are real.
I Also don't like the attitude of "she can stay where she is because we don't need her here" Dude she is where she is and you can't change that. I also hate the "what is she doing to change Nigeria" isn't posting a video that fuels some type of anger in you doing something? she is obviously a kid and if this is her way of helping then let it be. As a matter of fact more people should post more videos like that.
If posting videos like that become a trend maybe the Govt will pay attention. And who knows it might give rise to the people who would take the issue of turning the problems of our country around seriously instead of getting there and looting.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
25omega: you calling the girl stu-pid is not helping either. This is exactly what i was talking about where people will take someones outrage about valid issues and turn it around as if she is the problem. Irregardless of how immature she may have come off you still have to admit that the problems she mentioned are real.
I Also don't like the attitude of "she can stay where she is because we don't need her here" Dude she is where she is and you can't change that. I also hate the "what is she doing to change Nigeria" isn't posting a video that fuels some type of anger in you doing something? she is obviously a kid and if this is her way of helping then let it be. As a matter of fact more people should post more videos like that.
If posting videos like that become a trend maybe the Govt will pay attention. And who knows it might give rise to the people who would take the issue of turning the problems of our country around seriously instead of getting there and looting.

So you think that is not a good thing? She post a video that gets people to wanna do something cos someone gave them an awakening call . . .I am not saying she has the best approach, but like all has agreed that she is speaking nothing but the fact.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by 25omega(m): 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
Fhemmmy:

So you think that is not a good thing? She post a video that gets people to wanna do something cos someone gave them an awakening call . . .I am not saying she has the best approach, but like all has agreed that she is speaking nothing but the fact.
where did you get that from? if you looked at my previous post you will see that i was responding to someone else's post in support of the video that the girl posted.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Egbagirl(f): 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
Fhemmmy:

She is definitely not trying to get people to do something. That's not her intention. I mean I guess really if doesn't matter what the intent is as long as something is done yea? However, this video seems more like a "I'm glad I left that place" and "I don't ever wanna go back" type of video.

Abeg na her wahala o jare. But honestly though, I'm curious to know when she left Nigeria. Lol.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Egbagirl(f): 1:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
Oh! And I disagree about her last words about the rallying and justice system. So because there is no justice system, people can't protest injustice and demand justice anymore? Huh How do you want them to demand justice among other things?
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
Egba girl:

She is definitely not trying to get people to do something. That's not her intention. I mean I guess really if doesn't matter what the intent is as long as something is done yea? However, this video seems more like a "I'm glad I left that place" and "I don't ever wanna go back" type of video.

Abeg na her wahala o jare. But honestly though, I'm curious to know when she left Nigeria. Lol.

You dont get what i am saying . . . her intention was not to do something, but she has indirectly made people to start talking and that could trigger the youth's anger and something could eventually happen out of that - That is what i am saying.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2013
Egba girl: Oh! And I disagree about her last words about the rallying and justice system. So because there is no justice system, people can't protest injustice and demand justice anymore? Huh How do you want them to demand justice among other things?

You could tell that she is clueless as to what the solution is but justice is surely needed
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Egbagirl(f): 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You dont get what i am saying . . . her intention was not to do something, but she has indirectly made people to start talking and that could trigger the youth's anger and something could eventually happen out of that - That is what i am saying.

Hmmm I dig what you are saying and I guess you are right. But me being a youth, I am not moved by this and this video is not going to make me do anything. (I don't speak for all the youths out there though so...) but I get what you saying though. It might make one or two people to get up and do something. Fair
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2013
Egba girl:

Hmmm I dig what you are saying and I guess you are right. But me being a youth, I am not moved by this and this video is not going to make me do anything. (I don't speak for all the youths out there though so...) but I get what you saying though. It might make one or two people to get up and do something. Fair

I am glad that we are getting somewhere . . .
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Egbagirl(f): 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You could tell that she is clueless as to what the solution is but justice is surely needed

Oh for sure. The justice system in Nigeria needs help badly but yea like you said I'm not sure she understands a lot of things (I don't claim to btw), which is another problem I have with this video - people who think the solution is as simple as abc and once X Y Z is done, then were set (a lot of my friends in the diaspora think like this) It doesn't work that way.

1 Like

Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
Egba girl:

Oh for sure. The justice system in Nigeria needs help badly but yea like you said I'm not sure she understands a lot of things (I don't claim to btw), which is another problem I have with this video - people who think the solution is as simple as abc and once X Y Z is done, then were set (a lot of my friends in the diaspora think like this) It doesn't work that way.

I think she has done well, cos now she has made people to be talking and anger arising in them . . . .
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by WaltherPPK: 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
[/b][b]
25omega: you calling the girl stu-pid is not helping either. This is exactly what i was talking about where people will take someones outrage about valid issues and turn it around as if she is the problem. Irregardless of how immature she may have come off you still have to admit that the problems she mentioned are real.

You and I know that those thick skinned looters in positions of authority in this country will not take these kind of videos seriously, that is ,if they even care to watch them. The arab revolution started through the social media but the propagators mobilised people by extolling the greatness of their nation and calling for the confrontation of the bad leaders who are mismanaging their common wealth in so doing they got a lot of buy-in, not by bashing their homeland as a God-for-saking place.
Fhemmmy:

And what would you call raising more awareness about the problem?
Even though, i know she is trying to get into the communication or entertainment industry cos that would be the best way to get recognized, but i think she has said nothing but the truth and it hurts cos the truth is bitter
Please spare me the explanation of raising awareness, it is obvious we have problems.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tourist Visit To Arochukwu / Nigerian Visa On Arrival? / Malaysian Social Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.