Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,513 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5975275 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1391) (1392) (1393) (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 19, 2017
Egypt

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 19, 2017
the UAV CH-4 Wing Loong confirmation in egypt

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 19, 2017
ENS Gamal Abdel Nasser ( 1010 ) and ENS Anwar El Sadat ( 1020 ) , helicopter carrier , amphibious assault ship, Mistral class , Egyptian Navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:00am On Sep 19, 2017
Algerian1:

Rusty ? dont think so , they look in good condition, and got major overhaul in 2015 , 2016 , and egyt got also a Russian MRO center , repair plant for Mi 8 and Mi 17 at Helwan Factory in 2015

Man, you don't understand the joke here. Everyone here knows Mi-17s are rusty helos since one particular person here said so and as he's also the spokesman for the Russian MOD, he also claimed the Russian stopped using it to transport troops. grin

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 19, 2017
tdayof:

Man, you don't understand the joke here. Everyone here knows Mi-17s are rusty helos since one particular person here said so and as he's also the spokesman for the Russian MOD, he also claimed the Russian stopped using it to transport troops. grin

yes , sorry havnt seen the old discussion about the Mi 17s embarassed

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:11am On Sep 19, 2017
GreenandGold:
If you're going to be doing crimes around the east coast, these guys don't play around. Excuse picture quality.

I notice you guys militarise your private crime fighting response almost to the extent of a paramilitary GSU type gendarme! Is it a political thing or is your crime that bad? From these pics many of these companies could serve as an unofficial army reserve!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:48am On Sep 19, 2017
We haven't paid enough attention to mortars,the basis of organic infantry support. Thanks to edited news clips and movie bs most have no idea the damage a SINGLE 120 mm mortar impact has. As the pic shows its roughly a 60 meter radius.

These 2 vid show the blast effect.

[urlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VweXmTz6Bts][/url]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca9HXAoV7Zw

Instead of 7 mn$ platforms like the excellent direct fire capable Patria,simpler automatic mortars are available like the Soltam. If I had my way every coy would have 2!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:57am On Sep 19, 2017
tdayof:

No one ever said that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 19, 2017
MikeCZA:
No one ever said that.
I was about to say the same thing......anyway waiting for him to quote Frums post, then only to realize he didn't read properly just like when he quoted my post on the other thread!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:14am On Sep 19, 2017
MikeCZA:
No one ever said that.

Bro, have some dignity. Someone said so. The post is still there.

You all need to stop twisting words or saying what you ain't sure of.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 19, 2017
tdayof:

Bro, have some dignity. Someone said so. The post is still there.

You all need to stop twisting words or saying what you ain't sure of.
Go read the post!! before you make assumptions again!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:01am On Sep 19, 2017
jln115:

Go read the post!! before you make assumptions again!

Here comes my bad student again.

The Russian who made this no longer transport people in it again. Only cargo

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 19, 2017
tdayof:

This comment by @Frumentius, exemplifies South-African foolishness at it's finest.

It's incredible!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 19, 2017
Its the hudge Mi-26 Heavy transport helicopter on the pic ! not a Mi 17

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2017
tdayof:

Do you understand how quotation marks work?? as I said read before making assumptions:

frumentius:
Sometime in the DRC:
A mission up in Rutshuru, and this was our transport from Goma. A colleague from MI takes one look at the bird and balks, " The Russians who made this no longer transport people in it - only cargo - so no, I'm staying right here. "

A bunch of us knew, but no way enlisted and troopies would fly in the rust bucket whilst we waited for Oryx.

He literally quoted someone else!!!!!!

The only one in need of schooling here is you!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 19, 2017
Too much self-esteem and patriotism makes you a blathering idi0t!!!

Mr. Putin, making his most extensive public remarks on the crash, said the Ministry of Defense had banned the use of the huge helicopter, the Mi-26, for troop transport in 1997, limiting it to cargo. And yet, Mr. Putin said, Mi-26's were still being used to shuttle troops in and out of Chechnya, the republic in the Caucasus that is in the grip of a separatist rebellion.

''How could it happen that despite a defense minister's order banning the use of helicopters of this type from carrying people, people were still being carried?'' Mr. Putin asked.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:32am On Sep 19, 2017
jln115:

Do you understand how quotation marks work?? as I said read before making assumptions:

He literally quoted someone else!!!!!!

The only one in need of schooling here is you!

.... You really need to be schooled.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 19, 2017
tdayof:

.... You really need to be schooled.

Are you fvcking serious?? do you not see the quotation marks....or do you simply not know how they work??

As I said before....not once did frum say its only used for cargo.....all he did was quote someone else who said it was ............hence the quotation marks!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 19, 2017
Henry240:

This comment by @Frumentius, exemplifies South-African foolishness at it's finest.

It's incredible!
Stop quoting me and kindly sod off, you cowardly liar!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:41am On Sep 19, 2017
jln115:

Are you fvcking serious?? do you not see the quotation marks....or do you simply not know how they work??

As I said before....not once did frum say its only used for cargo.....all he did was quote someone else who said it was ............hence the quotation marks!!

He collegue said " The Russians who made this no longer transport people in it - only cargo - so no, I'm staying right here. " while he personally mentioned the trash below.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2017
tdayof:

He collegue said " The Russians who made this no longer transport people in it - only cargo - so no, I'm staying right here. " while he personally mentioned the trash below.

Kindly tell or show where I said anything about the MI-17.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 19, 2017
frumentius:

Stop quoting me and kindly sod off, you cowardly liar!
You are trivial.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2017
Henry240:

You are trivial.
That's your response when caught out, again and again, lying?
You can sod right off!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
off topic :The first Afghan Air Force UH-60s arrived in Kandahar.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 12:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
Another thread meltdown loading over dedicated and undedicated Russian helicopters.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Snyder1ZA: 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
jteku:

Egypt got everything, they are not in the same league with African military, and they never bragg of being the best in Africa, unlike some countries with just one type of transport helicopter, will cover 2 pages bragging. Mtsewwwwww.......let me come and be going.

The difference with Egypt is the gov is controlled by the military so the military is in control over their national budget. What you also forgot to tell is that Egypt is in a region where there's been constant military conflicts, including the fact that they have a neighbor who has no regard for sovereignty. Egypt is also being militarily propped up by the US and rich regional powers who regards Egypt as there fail safe.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
tdayof:

Uhm NO!! he was quoting what was said in his original post.....might not be word for word but anyone with half a brain cell could see he was referring to his original post!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
Tv report about Algerian Mi-26T2 ,

we can see that it can transport 82 troopers in safe areas operations

at 05 :20 we can see its role in refueling , can be used for heavy transport 20 Tons , medical evacuation ( 60 injured) , fire fighting

start the video from 02: 20 and pass quickly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5CDBFSr_rA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
Xbee007:
Another tytear meltdown loading over dedicated and undedicated Russian helicopters.
Actually its to do with some people not being able to read, hence then making ret@rded comments claiming things that were never said by any person on this thread!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
Algerian1:
Egyptian Navy
which class of ship are those last two
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
giles14:
which class of ship are those last two

for the 1001 : its the FREMM Aquitaine-class frigate ( Tahya Misr )

6,000 tonnes
16 ×Aster 15 missiles.
8 × MM-40 Exocet block 3 anti-ship missiles
2 x double WASS B-515 launcher for MU 90 torpedoes
1 × OTO Melara 76 mm SR gun
3 × Nexter 20 mm Narwhal remote weapon systems

for the 684 : Ambassador MK III missile boat

600 tonnes
8 ×Boeing Harpoon SSM Block 1G
1 ×United Defense Mk 75 76 mm/62 Super Rapid DP gun
1×Raytheon RAM system consisting of the Mk49 Guided Missile Launching System (GMLS) and a Mk44 MOD 2 Block 1 guided missile round pack (supporting 21 canister mounted missiles)
1× Raytheon Mk 15 Mod 21 Phalanx (Block 1B) 20 mm Phalanx CIWS
2× deck-mounted 7.62 mm M60 machine guns

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
Henry240:

It's incredible!

And your confusing of an Mi-26 and an Mi-8, exemplifies Nigerian foolishness at its finest.

Ya goddamn potato.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1391) (1392) (1393) (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.