Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5966973 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
Pride of the SAAF

12 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jelal0007(m): 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2018
what will it take PMB to invite eeben Barlow and his guys back to Nigeria? this rubbish is getting out of hand.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
Invite them back to do what? After all these years of fighting BH, we haven't learned anything huh? if that isn't sad, then i don't know what to call it. Enough time has lapsed for the military to know all there is to know over the years, they don't need no Eeben barlow, the man could be there for another 100yrs and nothing will change, it's on us, no one else.
It's like saying giving aid to another country will make them develop, no it won't, unless the leaders there have a clear plan on action, we don't seem to have one, when it comes to BH

Jelal0007:
what will it take PMB to invite eeben Barlow and his guys back to Nigeria? this rubbish is getting out of hand.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SternProphet: 6:13am On Jul 18, 2018
Anybody calling for the return of Eeben Barlow has a low IQ problem and the mentality of a middle class housewife.

Call Barlow for what?. Have you even defined the current problem?. Do you even understand the size of area of responsibility we are talking about.

The incident was a sneak attack at a poorly defended temporary base in rainy season and it was to steal weapons. What we need are holding forces while we send more troops to chase Boko. We need more surveillance aircraft. Boko Hiram is 95% defeated but they will stage more of these attacks to show relevance ..and also to provoke such asinine comments about bringing less than 500 mercenaries to defend hundreds of thousands of square kilometres.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 7:27am On Jul 18, 2018
Faulty Nigerian doctrine means we still have little to no regard for base planning and defence.
A base should already be a bulwark against aggression, rather than ours where trenches and sandbags are the only perimeter fencing. NA engineers seem to lack this thinking or probably don't get consulted when putting up bases in new aor.

The service chiefs also seem to lack fresh ideas and lack of urgency in clearing out BH. It's time for fresh leadership.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jelal0007(m): 8:54am On Jul 18, 2018
Sizzorkay:
Invite them back to do what? After all these years of fighting BH, we haven't learned anything huh? if that isn't sad, then i don't know what to call it. Enough time has lapsed for the military to know all there is to know over the years, they don't need no Eeben barlow, the man could be there for another 100yrs and nothing will change, it's on us, no one else.
It's like saying giving aid to another country will make them develop, no it won't, unless the leaders there have a clear plan on action, we don't seem to have one, when it comes to BH

never mind.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 18, 2018
Jelal0007:
I'll have to forgive your ignorance.
Sir, forgive my asking, what is he ignorant about?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jelal0007(m): 9:22am On Jul 18, 2018
BlackBaron:
Faulty Nigerian doctrine means we still have little to no regard for base planning and defence.
A base should already be a bulwark against aggression, rather than ours where trenches and sandbags are the only perimeter fencing. NA engineers seem to lack this thinking or probably don't get consulted when putting up bases in new aor.

The service chiefs also seem to lack fresh ideas and lack of urgency in clearing out BH. It's time for fresh leadership.
I couldn't have said it any better. some ignoramus said in the name of countering my opinion, said the Base was a temporary one and it was in rainy season. what kind of silly excuse is that? a base is what it is;and no matter what..,the enemy should never succeed in their objective whenever they come attacking. some people just rush in and start talking nonsense, insulting people without actually sounding intelligent.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jelal0007(m): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2018
Henry240:
Sir, forgive my asking, what is he ignorant about?
sir, never mind abeg.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jelal0007(m): 9:38am On Jul 18, 2018
SternProphet:
Anybody calling for the return of Eeben Barlow has a low IQ problem and the mentality of a middle class housewife.

Call Barlow for what?. Have you even defined the current problem?. Do you even understand the size of area of responsibility we are talking about.

The incident was a sneak attack at a poorly defended temporary base in rainy season and it was to steal weapons. What we need are holding forces while we send more troops to chase Boko. We need more surveillance aircraft. Boko Hiram is 95% defeated but they will stage more of these attacks to show relevance ..and also to provoke such asinine comments about bringing less than 500 mercenaries to defend hundreds of thousands of square kilometres.
u really don't sound intelligent for someone with a high IQ and upper class housewife mentality. i encourage you to read about barlow and his team's achievements. B4 sttep's contract expired, they explained to military /security forces what to expect from the enemy. suicide bombings,ambushes etc. so far,military authorities haven't being able to tackle this issue decisively. 2nd, they (barlow 's team) never went on the offensive alone. they had nigerian troops with them. guys that they trained and got mission ready in less than 3 months. Mr barlow has also stated clearly that African military doctrines were basically copied from the us and European militaries; particulary ww2 doctrines designed to counter the nazis. with such doctrines, how can we actually succeed?the successes recorded by sttep and the 72msf cannot be over emphasized. this war is dragging on for too long,if we don't act decisively now,it'll take decades b4 we can end it.b4 u jump at a comment and vomit bile next time,do understand what the post is about b4 making your comment.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 11:43am On Jul 18, 2018
Please just ignore him..Some people lack social etiquette

Jelal0007:
u really don't sound intelligent for someone with a high IQ and upper class housewife mentality. i emcourage you to read about barlow's and his team' achievemwnts. B4 sttep's contract expired, they explained to military /security forces what to expect from the enemy. suicide bombings,ambushes etc. so far,military authorities haven't being able to tackle this issue decisively. 2nd, they (barlow 's team) never went on the offensive alone. they had nigerian troops with them. guys that they trained and got mission ready in less than 3 months. Mr barlow has also stated clearly that African military doctrines were basically copied from the us and European militaries; particulary ww2 doctrines designed to counter the nazis. with such doctrines, how can we actually succeed?the successes recorded by sttep and the 72msf cannot be over emphasized. this war is dragging on for too long,if we don't act decisively now,it'll take decades b4 we can end it.b4 u jump at a comment and vomit bile next time,do understand what the post is about b4 making your comment.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2018
Meko A200, erradii ( the deterrant) 910 algerian navy

16 july 2018

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2018
BlackBaron:

i think nigeria need to understand is that as you knew your elections,ISWA and boko haram will increase their attacks and their complexity.remember it was like wise in kenya when we were nearing our elections,this need to be a wake call.i recently saw the islamic state in west africa propaganda video,in my conclusion is this jihadist are adapting faster than african militaries.i have noticed some about nigeria army outpost like it has always being known about AMISOM troops in somalia,their outpost lack adequate defensive barriers.in afghanistan NATO had outpost surrounded with hesco barriers stacked together more than 5 meters,with watch towers in each corner and in addition some had trenches dug around
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SternProphet: 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2018
Jelal0007:
u really don't sound intelligent for someone with a high IQ and upper class housewife mentality. i encourage you to read about barlow and his team's achievements. B4 sttep's contract expired, they explained to military /security forces what to expect from the enemy. suicide bombings,ambushes etc. so far,military authorities haven't being able to tackle this issue decisively. 2nd, they (barlow 's team) never went on the offensive alone. they had nigerian troops with them. guys that they trained and got mission ready in less than 3 months. Mr barlow has also stated clearly that African military doctrines were basically copied from the us and European militaries; particulary ww2 doctrines designed to counter the nazis. with such doctrines, how can we actually succeed?the successes recorded by sttep and the 72msf cannot be over emphasized. this war is dragging on for too long,if we don't act decisively now,it'll take decades b4 we can end it.b4 u jump at a comment and vomit bile next time,do understand what the post is about b4 making your comment.

Eeben Barlow came on a training mission, they extended it to a combat mission with some PMC personnel on some limited engagements.
Since the termination of the contract, Nigeria has had massive and accelerated training of thousands of tropps with a Pakistan, Germany, UK and the U.S.

Even without the training the NA had started doing well as at 2014 independent of Barlow.
Boko Haram the enemy is split into two camps, the two separate camps have different ways of operating but the common thing is surprise attacks on civilian populations, sneak attacks on lightly defended military outposts or large scale ambushes where the terrain supports it.
This attack is in the third category. Boko had a good day because of some CO's carelessness.

Now it takes an effeminate mind or low IQ for some one to suggest that an army of 200000, that has 30000 troops deployed in NE and has WON all territories lost to insurgents should run to a PMC of less than 200 men all because the enemy fought back once, killed troops and ran away with equipment.
Maybe you think it is like calling some mechanic to fix your car.
Maybe you think it is normal to have mercenaries operating in your country against local insurgents. Please be educated, It is NOT.
It is WASTEFUL, bad for morale, wrong doctrine and does not solve problems permanently

Maybe you should wait till we have another clueless President like the one we voted out in 2014. This one won't give this job to foreigners.

This event was unfortunate. It was most likely caused by battaliion level mistakes and non usage of surveillance equipment probably related to over confidence and resulting lack of situational awareness.

The army is getting its own helicopters, they are deploying UAVs and other things to prevent re occurrence
Let Barlow rest. The man is old anyhow

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jelal0007(m): 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2018
SternProphet:

Eeben Barlow came on a training mission, they extended it to a combat mission with some PMC personnel on some limited engagements.
Since the termination of the contract, Nigeria has had massive and accelerated training of thousands of tropps with a Pakistan, Germany, UK and the U.S.

Even without the training the NA had started doing well as at 2014 independent of Barlow.
Boko Haram the enemy is split into two camps, the two separate camps have different ways of operating but the common thing is surprise attacks on civilian populations, sneak attacks on lightly defended military outposts or large scale ambushes where the terrain supports it.
This attack is in the third category. Boko had a good day because of some CO's carelessness.

Now it takes an effeminate mind or low IQ for some one to suggest that an army of 200000, that has 30000 troops deployed in NE and has WON all territories lost to insurgents should run to a PMC of less than 200 men all because the enemy fought back once, killed troops and ran away with equipment.
Maybe you think it is like calling some mechanic to fix your car.
Maybe you think it is normal to have mercenaries operating in your country against local insurgents. Please be educated, It is NOT.
It is WASTEFUL, bad for morale, wrong doctrine and does not solve problems permanently

Maybe you should wait till we have another clueless President like the one we voted out in 2014. This one won't give this job to foreigners.

This event was unfortunate. It was most likely caused by battaliion level mistakes and non usage of surveillance equipment probably related to over confidence and resulting lack of situational awareness.

The army is getting its own helicopters, they are deploying UAVs and other things to prevent re occurrence
Let Barlow rest. The man is old anyhow
this dude is such a buff00n to think he's got high IQ yet spills such nonsense. I'll spare myself the trouble of arguing with a dunce like yourself. have a good day.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jelal0007(m): 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2018
newafricaken254:
i think nigeria need to understand is that as you knew your elections,ISWA and boko haram will increase their attacks and their complexity.remember it was like wise in kenya when we were nearing our elections,this need to be a wake call.i recently saw the islamic state in west africa propaganda video,in my conclusion is this jihadist are adapting faster than african militaries.i have noticed some about nigeria army outpost like it has always being known about AMISOM troops in somalia,their outpost lack adequate defensive barriers.in afghanistan NATO had outpost surrounded with hesco barriers stacked together more than 5 meters,with watch towers in each corner and in addition some had trenches dug around
God bless you sir.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jelal0007(m): 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2018
newafricaken254:
God bless you sir. u've said it all.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:00pm On Jul 18, 2018
NIGERIAN ARMY UNFORGETTABLE YeARS IN LIBERIA & SLR 1989-1999
why did the Nigerian army even discard the FN FAL for the ak47

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SternProphet: 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2018
giles14:

Very good question. I used to boast that no professional army would carry AK 47 as its main side arm. The FN was more accurate, had better range and could be switched to different rates of fire. I think Niger Delta operations was where we made the mistake and went whole sale for FAL
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jelal0007(m): 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
AK47 is now a side arm huh? I laugh in swahili.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:22pm On Jul 18, 2018
SternProphet:

Very good question. I used to boast that no professional army would carry AK 47 as its main side arm. The FN was more accurate, had better range and could be switched to different rates of fire. I think Niger Delta operations was where we made the mistake and went whole sale for FAL
have been trying to understand the logic behind that
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 18, 2018
giles14:
have been trying to understand the logic behind that

SternProphet:

I think some of our forces in the NigerDelta still uses it. I always see them NAVY boys with it.

And that rifle is absurdly long. It is bad for maneuver during CQB.

Well I think we are moving toward BERYL and I believe BERYL too has selective fire.
Tho BERYL too is annoyingly long.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 18, 2018
Wrong thread
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
Double post in wrong thread
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fufubear: 10:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
giles14:
AKM is more practical for the average soldier.

The AKM is a little smaller and a tiny bit lighter.

The ammunition is lighter which decreases the amount of weight the average soldier carries per round. The ammunition is also smaller meaning the average soldier can carry more. Equipping an entire army with full size cartridges is simply impractical for the reasons above.

FAL is best used as a marksman rifle with a medium-high powered optic for a designated marksman where they can take better advantage of the stronger round and higher accuracy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 18, 2018
fufubear:

AKM is more practical for the average soldier.

The AKM is a little smaller and a tiny bit lighter.

The ammunition is lighter which decreases the amount of weight the average soldier carries per round. The ammunition is also smaller meaning the average soldier can carry more. Equipping an entire army with full size cartridges is simply impractical for the reasons above.

FAL is best used as a marksman rifle with a medium-high powered optic for a designated marksman where they can take better advantage of the stronger round and higher accuracy.
Exactly wink!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gabng(m): 11:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
The Beryl has a CQB variant.

abiodunalasa:

I think some of our forces in the NigerDelta still uses it. I always see them NAVY boys with it.

And that rifle is absurdly long. It is bad for maneuver during CQB.

Well I think we are moving toward BERYL and I believe BERYL too has selective fire.
Tho BERYL too is annoyingly long.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 19, 2018
gabng:
The Beryl has a CQB variant.

Yeah. But Nigeria doesn't buy that variant.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:24am On Jul 19, 2018
ID right weapon.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:34am On Jul 19, 2018
This was the recent NATO meeting. Don't caption but analyse the pic and see WTF is happening. Rmbr,nothing happens by accident especially at the highest geopolitical levels! Everything is scripted. WHAT MESSAGE IS BEING CONVEYED?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gabng(m): 10:16am On Jul 19, 2018
With a production line at DICON I think we will also be producing the CQB variant.

abiodunalasa:

Yeah. But Nigeria doesn't buy that variant.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EVarn(m): 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2018
kikuyu1:
This was the recent NATO meeting. Don't caption but analyse the pic and see WTF is happening. Rmbr,nothing happens by accident especially at the highest geopolitical levels! Everything is scripted. WHAT MESSAGE IS BEING CONVEYED?
Only Trump is looking right while all other world leaders are looking left....perhaps a statement of the unorthodox viewpoint the current U. S. administration.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.