Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5970508 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
africaken:
i can see you even included the recent crash landing of a grey eagle UAS in iraq wink

Simply means, whether U.S or Chinese, they all end up on the "ground". So "why not support Nigerian?"!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
bidexiii:

Nice work mate!

For those scout Helicopters, we probably got between 16-20 units. Most likely from French Surplus stock.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
Amisom, UPDF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
Amisom KDF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
who killed COLONEL mamadou ndala ? its in french but has serious engagement footage between M23 and Congolese army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOpS4-8WFkw
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
Henry120:

Simply means, whether U.S or Chinese, they all end up on the "ground". So "why not support Nigerian?"!
I have no argument about that ,seen alot of drones that have crushed even israel. they are the best soldier ever made,they are cheap,effective and they are destroyed nobody cares compare to a manned aircraft http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/11/lebanon-israeli-drone-crash_n_7776268.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
Henry120:

For those scout Helicopters, we probably got between 16-20 units. Most likely from French Surplus stock.

Those are good and impressive numbers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
Henry120:

A single Dshk Round into that vehicle......... And it's "bye bye black bird"!

Those vehicles(Special forces Vehicles) do not provide any real advantage to the Soldier, especially the average soldier from a developing country. I do not have an idea how much the South-African vehicle costs, but the Panhard SPV, Supacat Jackal SPV, Dutch AATV costs up-wards of €800,000 a unit.

€800,000 for a vehicle that seats only 3-4 men, has virtually no protection, and is armed with only a 50 Cal. Man gun and a secondary GPMG is a waste of money. The sort of comms equipment they carry isn't enough reason to cost that high, neither is there AAT capability.

The only reason i like these vehicles (SPVs) is because of aesthetics, they make the SOF/SF look cool, asides this no actual practical use for them.

First world armies usually have dedicated attack and utility helicopters attached to their SF units, hence firepower isn't much of an issue.

Stop press!!! Due to their extensive Special Forces experience, Henry and a few others have come up with a new doctrine that nullifies the need for a Rapid Deployment Reconnaissance Vehicle for Special Forces! Everyone has been wasting time! SF forces all over the world should ditch RDR Vehicles and ONLY use MRAPS for ALL their missions!
For they are now conventional infantry! Stirling and everyone else were wrong!

Pic 1: the early SAS - wrong!;

Pic 2: Delta, stop trialling your new RDRV - wrong!;

Pic 3: you Spetsgruppa "A" - wrong!;

Pic 4: Grom, you just want to look cool -wrong!.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
frumentius:

Stop press!!! Due to their extensive Special Forces experience, Henry and a few others have come up with a new doctrine that nullifies the need for a Rapid Deployment Reconnaissance Vehicle for Special Forces! Everyone has been wasting time! SF forces all over the world should ditch RDR Vehicles and ONLY use MRAPS for ALL their missions!

LOL!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
frumentius:

If that vehicle costs over €800,00 a unit, provides virtually no protection, adequate firepower and it's only advantage is been Air Transportable, I say Ditch it!

There is no place in the military for these vehicles. The Oshkosh M-ATV and Plasan Sandcat are proper vehicles which can well fulfill the role of over-priced SPVs and they cost half the price.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Henry120:

A single Dshk Round into that vehicle......... And it's "bye bye black bird"!

Those vehicles(Special forces Vehicles) do not provide any real advantage to the Soldier, especially the average soldier from a developing country. I do not have an idea how much the South-African vehicle costs, but the Panhard SPV, Supacat Jackal SPV, Dutch AATV costs up-wards of €800,000 a unit.

€800,000 for a vehicle that seats only 3-4 men, has virtually no protection, and is armed with only a 50 Cal. Man gun and a secondary GPMG is a waste of money. The sort of comms equipment they carry isn't enough reason to cost that high, neither is there AAT capability.

The only reason i like these vehicles (SPVs) is because of aesthetics, they make the SOF/SF look cool, asides this no actual practical use for them.

First world armies usually have dedicated attack and utility helicopters attached to their SF units, hence firepower isn't much of an issue.

I think the reason you don't understand the need for such vehicles and equipment is because like many of us you're not an S.F operative and you've never been in any of the situations those people find themselves in during their operations.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
Centrifude:

I think the reason you don't understand the need for such vehicles and equipment is because like many of us you're not an S.F operative and you've never been in any of the situations those people find themselves in during their operations.

Wrong.

Tell us the benefits of having the Supacat Jackal?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 10:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
Henry120:

Wrong.

Dude I can't tell you the full benefits of the thing because both of our opinions or soley based on nothing more than just a spectators opinion. Neither you or I are operatives or have used the things in combat or training.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
Henry120:

Wrong.
"Wrong"
You're not an operative and you don't have any military experience bruh!
Lmao
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
Centrifude:

Dude I can't tell you the full benefits of the thing because both of our opinions or soley based on nothing more than just a spectators opinion. Neither you or I are operatives or have used the things in combat or training.

I at-least have seen them used in battle, hence i have drawn my conclusion.

Centrifude:

"Wrong"

You're not an operative and you don't have any military experience bruh!

Lmao

LOL! However it doesn't mean i'm ignorant on the matter.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 11:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
Henry120:
Hello b1tches, I'm home!!!!!
good to see u back again
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 12:39am On Jul 26, 2015
Henry120:

I at-least have seen them used in battle, hence i have drawn my conclusion.

LOL! However it doesn't mean i'm ignorant on the matter.

Which battle was that?

Hahahahahaaa being well informed about special forces doesn't mean you know exactly how they work and what the need.

If am a president of country and a very experienced General who has about 15+ years of being a special forces operative tell me that in his experience he believes that his forces would perform better with tricycles or Golf Carts why would I argue with that?

*Random stuff*
This dude took the first pic thn turned it to what looks like a futuristic Sandf Soldier with an Exo Skeleton and some awesome looking gear.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 26, 2015
Henry120:

If that vehicle costs over €800,00 a unit, provides virtually no protection, adequate firepower and it's only advantage is been Air Transportable, I say Ditch it!

There is no place in the military for these vehicles. The Oshkosh M-ATV and Plasan Sandcat are proper vehicles which can well fulfill the role of over-priced SPVs and they cost half the price.

Now you're just deflecting. You know fully well the Supacat and its cost were not the subject. I suspect you're doing this deliberately because of a paucity of argument to support the following statements when it comes to SF doctrine on RDR vehicles:

Those vehicles(Special forces Vehicles) do not provide any real advantage to the Soldier, especially the average soldier from a developing country.

The only reason i like these vehicles (SPVs) is because of aesthetics, they make the SOF/SF look cool, asides this no actual practical use for them

Pic 1: French SF - wrong!;
Pic 2: Ghana SF - wrong!;
Pic 3: Namibia SF - wrong!;
Pic 4: Irish SF - wrong!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 7:11am On Jul 26, 2015
africaken:
who killed COLONEL mamadou ndala ? its in french but has serious engagement footage between M23 and Congolese army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOpS4-8WFkw

Found this in the video

Wtf?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 7:14am On Jul 26, 2015
Henry120:

I think your mistake is in assuming that they cost that much

Dude, all the SF around the world use these vehicals for a reason
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 7:23am On Jul 26, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 26, 2015
frumentius:

Now you're just deflecting. You know fully well the Supacat and its cost were not the subject. I suspect you're doing this deliberately because of a paucity of argument to support the following statements when it comes to SF doctrine on RDR vehicles:

Pic 1: French SF - wrong!;
Pic 2: Ghana SF - wrong!;
Pic 3: Namibia SF - wrong!;
Pic 4: Irish SF - wrong!

Far from it, I'm not deflecting. The cost of these vehicles have always been one of the core issues with them, as well as the zero protection they provide.

So let's look at cost,

Panhard SPV : €800,000
Supacat jackal : £1.2 million
Dutch AATV : € 800,000

The costs are not commensurate with the services they provide. There are multiple vehicles which can perform the roles of these SPVs and at only a fraction of the price, list includes Oshkosh M-ATV, Plasan Sandcat, Streit cougar, Black scorpion LAV and a host of other LAVs.

Fact is you or anyone who supports the use of these vehicles have failed to provide clear cut advantages they have, over other vehicles.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 26, 2015
Patchesagain:

I think your mistake is in assuming that they cost that much

Dude, all the SF around the world use these vehicals for a reason

The cost of those vehicles are verifiable.

Why don't you( frumentius, centrifude and anyone is support of them) tell us that reason in this thread.

www.nairaland.com/1962290/african-militaries-strictly-discussions-thread/4
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 9:08am On Jul 26, 2015
Henry120:

Far from it, I'm not deflecting. The cost of these vehicles have always been one of the core issues with them, as well as the zero protection they provide.

So let's look at cost,

The costs are not commensurate with the services they provide. There are multiple vehicles which can perform the roles of these SPVs and at only a fraction of the price, list includes Oshkosh M-ATV, Plasan Sandcat, Streit cougar, Black scorpion LAV and a host of other LAVs.

Fact is you or anyone who supports the use of these vehicles have failed to provide clear cut advantages they have, over other vehicles.

Advantages:

1. Superior mobility
2. Reduced battlefield signature (sight and sound)
3. Air deployable

Again, you are failing to see the different needs between SOF/SF (speed, mobility, stealth, firepower) over regular infantry (protection)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obrafour(m): 10:43am On Jul 26, 2015
gottfried21:
Okay... Purple=Chaplains Red=Military police Maroon=Special forces Green=Recce?(will confirm and get back to you grin wink tongue) Black berets with Golden swords=Army Officers...... I've run out of NDF pictures grin If you have any please do post them smiley
Green= Airborne Force(In Ghana) Anyways, does Zimbabwe still have white officers in their ranks?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2015
Excuse the Poor quality of the image, it seems the Nigerian Navy are building a new Ship. it's hull is virtually complete.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obrafour(m): 11:07am On Jul 26, 2015
denisfidha:
I thought they came with there own fuel.. or something
I can confidently tell you they would have shipped in their own fuel if the tests
conducted by the secret service proved that those in Kenya was of low grade. How do we even know that they emptied the tanks and filled it with the premium fuel?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
Patchesagain:

Found this in the video

Wtf?
Mamadou was trained by Saffers including 2 battalions of his quick response force.

I think that's for mission thebe. The SANDF training mission in the DRC separate from the FIB.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
Henry120:

So let's look at cost,

SF aren't infantry!!!!

Situational awareness is one thing they need that's why these vehicles lack armour.

Various SF use cost effective similar vehicles so price shouldn't come into the picture.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
Henry120:

Support and quality !!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
gottfried21:
1.Wolf Turbo APC
2"Katushas"
3.Steyr trucks with SA-7Grail SAM
4.Namibian Special forces

Because of the 2A28 Grom fitted to the wolf its no more an APC but a IFV wink wink
Namibian marines

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
MikeCZAR:
SF aren't infantry!!!!

Situational awareness is one thing they need that's why these vehicles lack armour.

Various SF use cost effective similar vehicles so price shouldn't come into the picture.

Do you have any evidence proving that the vehicles (Sandcat, M-ATV) which come with state of the art surveillance systems lack situational awareness?

Price comes into the picture, because I'll like to know what is basically a saloon car with no armour costs upwards of € 800,000.

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.