Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5971202 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2488) (2489) (2490) (2491) (2492) (2493) (2494) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 6:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
This is the video, I don't know if it will upload, let me try.
Unexpected error

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
Different camo pattern for proforce vehicle

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 6:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
Lurker4Long:

The west wasn't what I was discussing. It doesn't necessarily follow that criticising Putin means I excuse criminals like Bush, Blair, Sarkozy etc.
Hmm,
Putin would have been a righteous man if he allowed NATO establish in Ukraine.
He would also have been a righteous man if he allowed Navalny and co to install a western govt.
He would have been righteous if he put west first, Russia second
Very easy and straight forward world we live in.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
Yes, i was glad to see Nigeria abstain.

GeneralFarouq:

About Libya, the puppeteer govt voted to oust Russia out UN council,
This time around Nigeria was smart to not vote at all.
That the future NATO has for Ukraine

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2022
GreenandGold:

Nature should flood that AW109 out of existence, it a sh#tty helicopter. Wish we had not acquired 30 of them.

What's wrong with the chopper?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Chakib(m): 8:15pm On Apr 13, 2022
a piece of our artillery

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Chakib(m): 8:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
Algerian Navy Surface combatants

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Chakib(m): 8:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
Algerian Navy Surface combatants 2

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
QuietMynd:
It was confirmed they were taking selfie pictures of a btr armoured vehicle that get stuck in a ditch.

The Aftermath is very graphic. Meat here and there

Too dumb of them. So they weren't expecting a counter attack? Damn. A dishonourable way to die.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Chakib(m): 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2022
From my visit to the Army Exhibition - Rheinmetall Algeria and Nimr Algeria Pavilion
Rheinmetall Algeria will start manufacturing boxers right after the end of the Fuchs 2 production line

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Chakib(m): 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
me with Operator from the 104th RMO

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

What's wrong with the chopper?

It does not perform well under the African conditions, we lost about 10% of them on crashes and mind you our pilots are not bad.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
GreenandGold:

It does not perform well under the African conditions, we lost about 10% of them on crashes and mind you our pilots are not bad.
they are well regarded for there hot and high performance(not as well regarded as the oryx obviously) , none of the crashes where related to them not being able to cope with African conditions....I know at least 1 crash that was 100% pilot error, and there were teething problems at the start like the tail rotor which was fixed..... Also we can't expect the a109 to preform like the oryx in our conditions.... Out of all the tenders the a109 was the best option
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
Chakib:
me with Operator from the 104th RMO

I guess you were given such access to all this because you served in the military right shocked

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:34pm On Apr 13, 2022
jl115:
they are well regarded for there hot and high performance(not as well regarded as the oryx obviously) , none of the crashes where related to them not being able to cope with African conditions....I know at least 1 crash that was 100% pilot error, and there were teething problems at the start like the tail rotor which was fixed..... Also we can't expect the a109 to preform like the oryx in our conditions.... Out of all the tenders the a109 was the best option
There was a time staffers on the thread made much tears about the a109. I guess it turned out the a109 is not bad
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2022
MAN1960ii:

Please stop talking like a child

If there are no nuks deployed in NATO Eastern states today tell me what will Russia do if NATO starts deploying nuks in Eastern Europe tommorow, there are no laws stopping NATO from deploying nuks in its Eastern member States. The only way out for Russia is to prevent or stop such military organization from coming to it's doorstep, if the US finds it self in the same situation as Russia the US would have taken more drastic measures.

NOW I Will PROVE THAT THE US WOULD HAVE DONE WORST.

So you think Russia can prevent NATO from deploying nuclear weapons at its border by invading Ukraine? While US/UK/France can simply fire a ICBM from anywhere else?

Russia demanded security guarantees, these included:

> Ukraine should never join NATO,
> the withdrawal of all NATO troops from the Eastern European NATO accession states
> an end to all military NATO activities there,
> a contractual renunciation of any further NATO membership and an end “nuclear sharing” > (the stationing of US short- and medium-range nuclear missiles in Western Europe)

Russia offered:

> nothing

The demands were non-negotiable and were therefore not negotiated. A few weeks later, Russia invaded Ukraine. Since then, Moscow has been covering the neighboring country with the cruelest war crimes in the name of "demilitarization" and putting into practice a genocidal rhetoric of extermination preached in the name of "denazification". The only reason that Putin didn't want Ukraine in NATO is because he wanted to invade Ukraine. It has nothing to do with Russia's security interests.

For Putin countries like Ukraine or Poland are either non-existent or just puppets of the United States. The Ukrainian territory would be only the first step in his long term strategy to establish a greater Russia. It is no coincidence that Putin has demanded complete withdrawal of NATO troops from the countries of the former Warsaw Pact. Putin also believes that right now he has a certain military advantage over the US in hypersonic weapons. He has repeatedly said that this advantage will not last too long, for Americans would soon catch up. It means he has to capitalise on it now.

Russia propaganda is pushing the narrative that the West to be fundamentally weak, corrupt, and cowardly. And i thnk at some point the Kremlin believed their own propaganda to be true. It looks like a miscalculation because as a result, everything Russia allegedly wanted to stop with its list of demands will be realized now:

> neutral Sweden & Finland to join NATO in June, this is extending the RU - NATO borders by 1,340km
> The NATO military presence in Eastern Europe is being expanded
> Ukraine army is being supported by the west
> an increase in the US nuclear presence is under discussion
> EU and Kyiv are talking about EU accession of Ukraine

Still you can argue the Idea was right but execution was poor - but geostrategically, Russia has already lost more than it can gain, however this war turns out.

If you really learned your lessons from history then you realize that Russian or Chinese imperialism is not some sort of alternative imperialism, as some might naively think, it is the same.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 11:26pm On Apr 13, 2022
grin
SuperSixSeven:

So you think Russia can prevent NATO from deploying nuclear weapons at its border by invading Ukraine? While US/UK/France can simply fire a ICBM from anywhere else?

> the withdrawal of all NATO troops from the Eastern European NATO accession states
> a contractual renunciation of any further NATO membership and an end “nuclear sharing” > (the stationing of US short- and medium-range nuclear missiles in Western Europe)

Russia offered:

> nothing

The demands were non-negotiable and were therefore not negotiated. A few weeks later, Russia invaded Ukraine. Since then, Moscow has been covering the neighboring country with the cruelest war crimes in the name of "demilitarization" and putting into practice a genocidal rhetoric of extermination preached in the name of "denazification". The only reason that Putin didn't want Ukraine in NATO is because he wanted to invade Ukraine. It has nothing to do with Russia's security interests.

For Putin countries like Ukraine or Poland are either non-existent or just puppets of the United States. The Ukrainian territory would be only the first step in his long term strategy to establish a greater Russia. It is no coincidence that Putin has demanded complete withdrawal of NATO troops from the countries of the former Warsaw Pact. Putin also believes that right now he has a certain military advantage over the US in hypersonic weapons. He has repeatedly said that this advantage will not last too long, for Americans would soon catch up. It means he has to capitalise on it now.

Russia propaganda is pushing the narrative that the West to be fundamentally weak, corrupt, and cowardly. And i thnk at some point the Kremlin believed their own propaganda to be true. It looks like a miscalculation because as a result, everything Russia allegedly wanted to stop with its list of demands will be realized now:

> neutral Sweden & Finland to join NATO in June, this is extending the RU - NATO borders by 1,340km

Still you can argue the Idea was right but execution was poor - but geostrategically, Russia has already lost more than it can gain, however this war turns out.

If you really learned your lessons from history then you realize that Russian or Chinese imperialism is not some sort of alternative imperialism, as some might naively think, it is the same.
please just pack all your load on this forum and leave. grin grin i have been studying you quote on this forum especially in this Ukraine and Russia war. my brother you need to go back and check history very well about NATO and USA. Russian have a very legitimate case, if truly USA and NATO want the war to end by now negotiation between Russia and NATO as a whole would have been taking place. USA is hiding something in this war. with the kind of weapon send to Ukraine, if it was send to Nigeria and other African countries by now insurgent and insecurity in Africa would have being an history, instead the will tell Nigeria and Africa country, we are you allies in fighting insecurity and terrorism in Africa. if you have the money to buy from them they will tell you human right. the war they created in Africa by bombing Libya to total destruction is eating African continent Russia did not bomb Ukraine the NATO and USA did to Libya. let me enjoy the comment on this thread

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960ii: 11:55pm On Apr 13, 2022
SuperSixSeven:

Russia offered:

> nothing

So there are still men like you who supports the US despite what the US has done. Now you said Russia has carried out cruelest war crime in Ukraine but some times I wonder where were men like you when the US invaded irag even when the UN past a resolution not to. I still ask myself where were men like you when the Palestinian people were being bombed in their own country and their land being occupied for more than sixty years

Many countries has seen the ugly face of NATO, how I wish you go to Libya today and mention the name NATO I promise you your live will change for good after that moment.

Syria, Libya, Sudan, Yemen, Irag, Palestine, Afghanistan, etc. when war crimes were being committed in the Middle East were you not in existence?

Don't tell me anything about the west( the empire of lies ) I THINK The Only PROBLEM YOU Have IS THAT You WATCH TOO MUCH CNN

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:02am On Apr 14, 2022
CHIEF OF THE NAVAL STAFF OF THE NIGERIAN NAVY VICE ADMIRAL AWWAL GAMBO ONBOARD SAS MENDI (F148) A FRIGATE OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN NAVY

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:04am On Apr 14, 2022
VISIT BY THE CHIEF OF THE NAVAL STAFF VICE ADMIRAL AWWAL GAMBO TO DAMEN SHIPYARD CAPE TOWN

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:06am On Apr 14, 2022
QuietMynd:
Different camo pattern for proforce vehicle

This one looks like it's destined for Niger Republic.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 1:09am On Apr 14, 2022
MAN1960ii:

So there are still men like you who supports the US despite what the US has done. Now you said Russia has carried out cruelest war crime in Ukraine but some times I wonder where were men like you when the US invaded irag even when the UN past a resolution not to. I still ask myself where were men like you when the Palestinian people were being bombed in their own country and their land being occupied for more than sixty years

Many countries has seen the ugly face of NATO, how I wish you go to Libya today and mention the name NATO I promise you your live will change for good after that moment.

Syria, Libya, Sudan, Yemen, Irag, Palestine, Afghanistan, etc. when war crimes were being committed in the Middle East were you not in existence?

Don't tell me anything about the west( the empire of lies ) I THINK The Only PROBLEM YOU Have IS THAT You WATCH TOO MUCH CNN

You ask me where i was, when those people suffered? grin grin grin

I tell you where i was, on right side of history: I was on the side of the Syrians, Libyians, Sudanese, Yemenites, Iraqi, Palestines, Afghan people and consequently i am on the side of the Ukrainian people today - for the very same reason because I oppose all forms of imperialism. Again: I do not believe that US imperialism is better then Russian imperialism or vis-a-vis that Russian imperialism is an alternative to US imperialism.
___

Isn t it interesting that some people here repeat Russian propaganda takes from even Russian people know that are lies as factual? Think deeper: You are played off once again.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 1:28am On Apr 14, 2022
Well, Russia just lost a cruiser; this is a L for them. Even the mod just confirmed it

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 6:43am On Apr 14, 2022
Odunayaw:
There was a time staffers on the thread made much tears about the a109. I guess it turned out the a109 is not bad
I was one of them as well.... However after speaking to an actual saaf a109 pilot I have somewhat changed my mind.... They ain't no Oryx... But to be fair no heli currently on the market can compete with the oryx anyway

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 7:58am On Apr 14, 2022
davefurn:
Well, Russia just lost a cruiser; this is a L for them. Even the mod just confirmed it

The crew has a abandoned the ship and the Moskva probably sinking now. Ukrainians say anti ship missile took it out. Russia says it was a fire detonating ammunition. Both statements may be true. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 8:11am On Apr 14, 2022
The Nigerian Armed forces should start applying a holistic approach to show their capabilities in areas that directly or indirectly affects security.

Pic attached is of a village in Yobe, showing encroaching sand dunes which leads to displacement and probable incentive for some adopt criminal vices to make a living.

The Army could dedicate a body within itself to liaise with bodies such as National Agency for Green Wall or state governments and collectively pursue a goal of fighting desertification. This grassroot effort may also lead to greater integration with the local community where we they are looked at as capacity builders and not just warfighters.

The effects would be enduring and promote understanding and awareness with the local community of their efforts.

Might be increased costs on the budget but I believe we need to start preemptive approaches to stem the current 'whack - a - mole' levels of insecurity springing up in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 10:32am On Apr 14, 2022
SuperSixSeven:

The crew has a abandoned the ship and the Moskva probably sinking now. Ukrainians say anti ship missile took it out. Russia says it was a fire detonating ammunition. Both statements may be true. grin grin

This war, better to wait to the end before judging. No one will give up their country without a fight; will this be Russia vietnam? I pray this will wake up the Russian military, it urgently needs modernisation . To me, it's Russia vs ukraine+NATO+US ; and they're holding it quite well, all have legitimate reasons but the winner is the one whose reasons are more legitimate, that's how the world works.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 11:28am On Apr 14, 2022
its being towed to port. it will be repaired

SuperSixSeven:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 11:41am On Apr 14, 2022
Sizzorkay:
its being towed to port. it will be repaired

Russia MOD says it caught fire
Ukraine does not have the capability to sink down the warship... It has quite an amazing counter defence..
Some commentators think it a deliberate sabotage because of counter fire safety such ships possesses, possibly Russians are looking for a a false flag operation
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 11:41am On Apr 14, 2022
saw bunch of pics of civilians killed in donbass for 8yrs, babies included, no one cared. mind you these are russians.
With zelensky on camera calling them scum. The arrogance of that dude these days is crazy. No help is ever enough, this guy is pushing ww3 for some reason, and no winner in that scenario, except china, but maybe not, coz they might unleash hell on Taiwan in the process, while the West is busy in Europe, then Israel might hit Iran, and the whole world goes up in flames smiley.
Also Russia has no intention of taking Ukraine, not something you'd do with less than 200k soldiers.
They thought the idea of an invasion would scare Ukraine, came with less troops and got surprised.

I love seeing those chechen guys in action over there , they are crazy fvks

davefurn:

This war, better to wait to the end before judging. No one will give up their country without a fight; will this be Russia vietnam? I pray this will wake up the Russian military, it urgently needs modernisation . To me, it's Russia vs ukraine+NATO+US ; and they're holding it quite well, all have legitimate reasons but the winner is the one whose reasons are more legitimate, that's how the world works.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 11:46am On Apr 14, 2022
Yea i saw their post on Twitter about it
The amount of equipment US is sending is crazy, Russia will most likely hit them the moment they enter Ukrainian territory.
The s300 that was given to them just a few days ago is already blown up

GeneralFarouq:

Russia MOD says it caught fire
Ukraine does not have the capability to sink down the warship... It has quite an amazing counter defence..
Some commentators think it a deliberate sabotage because of counter fire safety such ships possesses, possibly Russians are looking for a a false flag operation

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 11:47am On Apr 14, 2022
Sizzorkay:
saw bunch of pics of civilians killed in donbass for 8yrs, babies included, no one cared. mind you these are russians.
With zelensky on camera calling them scum. The arrogance of that dude these days is crazy. No help is ever enough, this guy is pushing ww3 for some reason, and no winner in that scenario, except china, but maybe not, coz they might unleash hell on Taiwan in the process, while the West is busy in Europe, then Israel might hit Iran, and the whole world goes up in flames smiley.
Also Russia has no intention of taking Ukraine, not something you'd do with less than 200k soldiers.
They thought the idea of an invasion would scare Ukraine, came with less troops and got surprised.

I love seeing those chechen guys in action over there , they are crazy fvks

Algeria and Morocco might hit the jackpot ...
The World right now is like a Gas keg, one wrong significant move and boom it explodes

Nigeria look safe on WW3 ( until our leaders decides to volunteer troops) except economic wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2488) (2489) (2490) (2491) (2492) (2493) (2494) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.