Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5970380 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2505) (2506) (2507) (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:12am On Apr 28, 2022
kabe1:

I don't see any Nigerians causing war in Europe.

I see opportunity for Nigeria to take advantage of the war in Europe.

Simple!!
I couldn't care less for your whining.
That's fine, The war has been beneficial for SA as well.... Apart from the rising fuel prices of course.... All I pointed out was the exact same reason you want Ukr/Rus to stay at war is the same reason Europe wants Afr to stay at war.....all I'm pointing out is don't be a hypocrite cool

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 9:51am On Apr 28, 2022
jl115:
yip I'm pretty sure the 2million that died in the mfecane would agree wink

To change the meaning of my sentence u did not bold the complete sentence. The massacre or civil wars of an African country did not have such catastrophic consequences on other Neighboring/African countries.... Western intervention did, it gave birth to anti govt movement and other terrorist faction emg ISIS, ISIL etc, which till date still trouble African peace.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 9:52am On Apr 28, 2022
jl115:

That's fine, The war has been beneficial for SA as well.... Apart from the rising fuel prices of course.... All I pointed out was the exact same reason you want Ukr/Rus to stay at war is the same reason Europe wants Afr to stay at war.....all I'm pointing out is don't be a hypocrite cool
Well, the diff is the West actively look for ways to ensure Africa stays in war... We on the other hand are innocent of these evil efforts, so I don't see any hypocrisy here

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:07am On Apr 28, 2022
kabe1:

I for one will prefer the fighting between Russia and Ukraine go on for at least 10 years.

This will give Nigerian the opportunity to complete Train 7, AKK gas pipeline and all the other refinery projects with high yield prospects.

We also get to see excellent combat footage as 2 extremely racist countries engage in battle.

What's really not to like.

Really? You do know Russia,Kazakhastan,Belarus and the Jukes produce 40% of the worlds grains and edible oils. They're all vertically intergrated producers controlling both growing and marketing,either private or cooperatively owned with modern equipment and techniques.

Russia
6,248.00 2017 +10.0 % +4.4 %
Ukraine
5,783.00 2017 +17.9 % +5.3 %
https://www.nationmaster.com/nmx/ranking/vegetable-oils-production

The Millers Union reported that wheat flour production in Kazakhstan in 2019-20 reached 3.325 million tonnes, a 2% increase from the previous year. The milling industry has managed constraints related to COVID-19. Therefore, consumption is expected to remain flat.
https://www.world-grain.com/articles/15192-kazakhstans-wheat-production-to-hold-steady

These nations are all politically and economically allied with Russia,forget the Juke noise from Zelensky. Belarus is the smallest producer.

Belarus already is exporting agricultural products valued at $5 billion per year, Mikhail Rusyi, deputy Prime Minister of Belarus estimated.
https://www.world-grain.com/articles/11772-new-era-of-agriculture-in-belarus

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:14am On Apr 28, 2022
GeneralFarouq:

Well, the diff is the West actively look for ways to ensure Africa stays in war... We on the other hand are innocent of these evil efforts, so I don't see any hypocrisy here
the fact is you support war when it benefits you and condemn when it doesn't.... Aso FYI... Not all the wars and corruption in Africa is the fault of the whities...once people start to realise its their own people selling them to the highest bidder then Africa might start to prosper

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:16am On Apr 28, 2022
GeneralFarouq:

To change the meaning of my sentence u did not bold the complete sentence. The massacre or civil wars of an African country did not have such catastrophic consequences on other Neighboring/African countries.... Western intervention did, it gave birth to anti govt movement and other terrorist faction emg ISIS, ISIL etc, which till date still trouble African peace.
any proof for this claim?

P. S I'm specifically talking Boko Haram
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 10:43am On Apr 28, 2022
GeneralFarouq:

Yes that's right because the west is responsible for the ethno-religious bigotry fuelling every single conflict in Africa. They are also responsible for the manufacture of AK47s and 7.62 ammo, the weapon of choice for every terrorist.

Quote me anywhere. Africa will still not see development for as long as 50 years, you guys are simply not ready, only love to blame others for your own problems.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:45am On Apr 28, 2022
Naijasauce69:

I know what I said and my original statement remains the same. Nigeria needs a descent multilayered Air Defense System. Considering Nigeria’s political and economic situation expecting to much or the most modern isn’t realistic but I consider this the bare minimum.

A more sophisticated radar array network straddling Nigeria’s land and sea borders; preferably of Russian origin to better link with what comes next. About a dozen S300 units and at least 4 Squadrons of JF-17 Thunder Block 2s. A healthy amount of portable infantry surface to air missile launchers like Stingers, Javelins, QWs, etc would be sprinkles on top.

Now obviously that want stop the most powerful nations around the globe but it will be a good deterrent for almost everyone else not to mention a good start for future improvement.

Errr....no. The original S 300 P is moderately priced at 15 mn$ but dates from the late 80s. These a[b]re national assets and like all assets must provide maximum utility meaning[/b] if you insist on S 300 systems you'd go for more modernised variants to provide at least 2 decades of service against the latest aerial threats.

The SA-23B Gladiator 'S-300VMV4' starts at 75 mn $ a pop. Ofc there's also a yearly operating cost.

http://nationsdawnofanera.weebly.com/anti-air-systems.html

The S 300 VM costs twice!?

Instead of strategic air defense assets capable of denying up to 300 km of airspace go for the SA 15 Gauntlet,the Tor with a 25 km range meant to defend a city at 30 mn $. Especially when surrounded by the 4 Alpha jets of Cameroon or 4 Ghana AF K 8s a limited budget and multile screaming priorities S 300s are a dream. The J 17 B2 isn't the ideal air superiorioty FSB: get a Grip E squadron of 12 for the high level tasks leaving the Thunders for low level duties. Though single engine it ouperforms anything you're liable to see in these parts.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 10:46am On Apr 28, 2022
jl115:
any proof for this claim?

P. S I'm specifically talking Boko Haram
I can swear the clown has no single evidence to bring. Only conspiracy theories from his religious bubble

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 11:25am On Apr 28, 2022
davefurn:

No news is trustworthy now, propaganda left and right...... How I wish information can be decentralised like crypto etc

So easy to fish out Putin-Trolls in these days. The idea behind (Russian) propaganda is the following: Fill the social media zone with shit until no one can be sure what to believe or not - even to the point where visually confirmed equipment losses are labeled biased.

*LOL

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 11:29am On Apr 28, 2022
kabe1:

I for one will prefer the fighting between Russia and Ukraine go on for at least 10 years.

This will give Nigerian the opportunity to complete Train 7, AKK gas pipeline and all the other refinery projects with high yield prospects.

We also get to see excellent combat footage as 2 extremely racist countries engage in battle.

That's some really effed up view. Same way other interests are 'hoping' war on insurgency never ends so they benefit?!

How much have we expended on fighting insecurity, electricity and all because interests out there will continue to reap rewards from the status quo?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:54am On Apr 28, 2022
BlackBaron:

That's some really effed up view. Same way other interests are 'hoping' war on insurgency never ends so they benefit?!

How much have we expended on fighting insecurity, electricity and all because interests out there will continue to reap rewards from the status quo?

Irrespective of your beliefs, if you can't see that the war in Ukraine presents Nigeria with the opportunity to expand and develop more markets then you are delusional and pathetically naive.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 12:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
kabe1:

Irrespective of your beliefs, if you can't see that the war in Ukraine presents Nigeria with the opportunity to expand and develop more markets then you are delusional and pathetically naive.

You missed the part where I asked about others wishing our security issues don't abate because they seek to benefit? You one of those kind of thinkers huh?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2022
BlackBaron:

You missed the part where I asked about others wishing our security issues don't abate because they seek to benefit? You one of those kind of thinkers huh?

Spare me the morality BS, there have been wars since the creation of man, there would be wars into the future.

I have asked in this thread, and I will ask to you personally. Did Nigeria or any Nigerian instigate the war in Ukraine?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 12:17pm On Apr 28, 2022
SuperSixSeven:

So easy to fish out Putin-Trolls in these days. The idea behind (Russian) propaganda is the following: Fill the social media zone with shit until no one can be sure what to believe or not - even to the point where visually confirmed equipment losses are labeled biased.

*LOL
Did I say it wasn't confirmed or it's false, I just said something simple: they're biased in their information; they only post the ones that suite their narrative. Just like how Nigerian media is sometimes, encapsulating on the losses of the Nigerian army due to insurgency then but those of Nigerian army successes is not really exploited as it's supposed to be(which is why I found my way here to get unfiltered news not from blogs). That's why most people tend to search for new sources, then they compare the two biased opposing sources of information and reach a juncture.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ariesbull: 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2022
Where will the gas come from in your train? I hope it will not be Biafra territory, what if Biafra comes b4 7 yrs or what if they sabotage it? Why dont Nigeria pacify Igbo, give them presidency and carry them along

kabe1:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ariesbull: 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
and you are zelensky trolls

The U.S. hosted the defence officials of several countries on Tuesday at the Ramstein U.S. air base in Germany for the Ukraine conference, amongst them were African nations.

SuperSixSeven:

*LOL

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ariesbull: 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2022
Giant of afrikuuu no dey oooo

Four African countries were invited to the defence summit organised by the United States to push for more support for Ukraine against Russia.

The U.S. hosted the defence officials of several countries on Tuesday at the Ramstein U.S. air base in Germany for the conference.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/526281-four-african-countries-invited-to-u-s-led-ukraine-defence-summit.html

https://www.dw.com/en/us-plans-regular-ramstein-air-base-meetings-on-ukraine/a-61593717

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
ariesbull:

Four African countries were invited to the defence summit organised by the United States to push for more support for Ukraine against Russia.

The U.S. hosted the defence officials of several countries on Tuesday at the Ramstein U.S. air base in Germany for the conference.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/526281-four-african-countries-invited-to-u-s-led-ukraine-defence-summit.html

https://www.dw.com/en/us-plans-regular-ramstein-air-base-meetings-on-ukraine/a-61593717
The countries were carefully chosen. Morocco and Tunisia are MNNA countries.

Liberia is the only US former colony in Africa while Kenya has strategic counter terror partnerships with US.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
SuperSixSeven:

*LOL
Any story that seems to support the Russkies are propagandas, common u guys should grow up ..

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
kabe1:

Spare me the morality BS, there have been wars since the creation of man, there would be wars into the future.

[/b]I have asked in this thread, and I will ask to you personally. Did Nigeria or any Nigerian instigate the war in Ukraine?[b]
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Subsaharan: 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2022
ariesbull:

na them sabi wetin dem go find for there o

IMHO, any discussions Nigeria should be involved in must be UN led, If those countries want to pitch their tents with the 'big boys' na dem sabi

so na Liberia, Kenya and Tunisia you wan carry yab us? No be see finish be this?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
Faithful007:
Yes that's right because the west is responsible for the ethno-religious bigotry fuelling every single conflict in Africa. They are also responsible for the manufacture of AK47s and 7.62 ammo, the weapon of choice for every terrorist.

Quote me anywhere. Africa will still not see development for as long as 50 years, you guys are simply not ready, only love to blame others for your own problems.
Oh, that's right, you are a western puppet, no amount eye opening argument could convince you

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Subsaharan: 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
ariesbull:
Where will the gas come from in your train? I hope it will not be Biafra territory, what if Biafra comes b4 7 yrs or what if they sabotage it? Why dont Nigeria pacify Igbo, give them presidency and carry them along

A country of 200m people that you want us to be dashing the presidency like burial rice?

Is there any thing like ethnic presidency? you'll need the consensus(not coercion) of all Nigerians to be president, not cheap backmail.

You are here talking for the political class wey no send us, you think there's anything like tribe where all these ones dey?

They only use it to whip up sentiments and they always succeed. they all have the same interests, power and keeping it.

make you no gree make them use your head free of charge again o

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:00pm On Apr 28, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
I don't comment here but I must say that this particular mentality is very disgusting.

I know you feel like you sounded intelligent but you were extremely foolish and daft to use racism and justify a war.

Racism of today is far less serious than the 80s and generally all countries are improving. You can't sit on that to justify a war where thousands are dying. I doubt if you've seen racism or war firsthand to be crazy enough to compare them. Damn, this comment is so pissing.

I've seen racism firsthand and I must say there is nothing wrong with his thinking. He just doesn't give a hoot.
The war in Ukraine is actually non of our business. Our business is to make more oil and gas money for the survival of the Nigerian people.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
ariesbull:

Giant of Africa doesn't lick a*s and suck d*ck of Uncle Sam.

Eat this BS, jerk!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
GeneralFarouq:

Oh, that's right, you are a western puppet, no amount eye opening argument could convince you
Still no evidence grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Giant of Africa doesn't lick a*s and suck d*ck of Uncle Sam.

Eat this BS, jerk!
Relax bro, I think you misunderstood the article. Nigeria didn't reject. She was not invited at all grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

I've seen racism firsthand and I must say there is nothing wrong with his thinking. He just doesn't give a hoot.
The war in Ukraine is actually non of our business. Our business is to make more oil and gas money for the survival of the Nigerian people.

On point.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
ariesbull:

When BS is continually repeated, it becomes the truth.

Like how, tf the Igbo people of Nigeria expect to get the Presidency on a platter when they are not actively participating?!

Peter Obi is my number one candidate for the elections but let's speak reality. Why are there not many Igbos like him gettin into the roots and hoods of this nation to campaign?! They are acting like they're campaigning only on Twitter and social media.

Many people in the North don't even know any Igbo candidate but alotta people in the South East knows Atiku and the rest. That's a big problem for Igbo presidency.

If the Igbo people believe they deserve the presidency to be zoned to them alone, then the Urhobo, Tiv, Idoma, Igala, Tarok, Igbirra, Mhagavul, Jukuns, Eggon and hundreds of all minor ethnicities in the country deserve the Presidency to be zoned to them.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2022
Faithful007:
Relax bro, I think you misunderstood the article. Nigeria didn't reject. She was not invited at all grin

Yhh. NATO event planner. A meeting that had Tunisia, Morocco, Kenya and Liberia IMO is NOT worth it.

Any meeting that doesn't have heavyweights like Egypt, South Africa, Algeria, Nigeria and Ethiopia is NOT worth it.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (2505) (2506) (2507) (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77