Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,476 members, 7,843,457 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6004840 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2690) (2691) (2692) (2693) (2694) (2695) (2696) ... (2848) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:08am On Nov 18, 2022
NTSA:

If you're talking of our boys in Goma they're much aware of the job hazards and they made peace with it, the best soldiers are 6ft under.
The dream of every soldier is to participate in combat infact when one battalion leaves for deployment those left in the barracks grow envious.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 8:14am On Nov 18, 2022
kabe1:

You are delusional and it's fantastic to see.

One operational vessel in the South African Navy is sad and hilarious.
Taken last month wink

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:18am On Nov 18, 2022
jl115:
Taken last month wink

I'm talking about yesterday's report, and you are showing pictures posted last month.

You're delusional clown.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 8:22am On Nov 18, 2022
kabe1:

I'm talking about yesterday's report, and you are showing pictures posted last month.

You're delusional clown.
Where does it say only one vessel is operational?.......learn the difference between unavailable and none operational

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:27am On Nov 18, 2022
jl115:
Where does it say only one vessel is operational?.......learn the difference between unavailable and none operational

Semantics.

You're as delusional as they come. The SANDF is drowning in a sea of incompetence, inoperability and dysfunctionality.

The South African Navy has been reduced to a Navy of 1 operational ship.

It's sad, and I'm loving it!!! grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 8:34am On Nov 18, 2022
kabe1:

Semantics.

You're as delusional as they come. The SANDF is drowning in a sea of incompetence, inoperability and dysfunctionality.

The South African Navy has been reduced to a Navy of 1 operational ship.

It's sad, and I'm loving it!!! grin grin
in other words you have 0 proof grin grin grin grin grin

I just showed you more than 1 operational vessel............looks like the SANDF still lives rent free in your head grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:50am On Nov 18, 2022
Faithful007:
Could you quote it please? I can't remember saying anything about it. I don't really know about that stuff. I just see the posts here. But I feel it was a misunderstanding that escalated.
My bad. It was GabrielYulaw
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 8:58am On Nov 18, 2022
Faithful007:
I hear the M23 rebels are about to invade Goma. Let's see how this ends. its all fun, adventure and flag displays till the death toll starts to rise exponentially.

Meanwhile Kenyan troops are the best dressed in Africa.

EAC regional force has been deployed with with multidimensional mandate that is very categorical, so don't expect to see them jumping into hot fire on day one (unless they get attacked directly) .
There are peace talks with all armed groups in DRC that is to happen on the 21st this month in Nairobi. M23 is probably making a move to hold more ground so that they can use it as bargaining chip to get a better deal than other armed groups at the negotiating table.

Read this so you understand the regional force's mandate.

The commander of the East African Community military force deployed in eastern DR Congo has said political and diplomatic processes are “the first priority” among efforts to pacify the country’s restive region.

Maj Gen Jeff Nyagah, from Kenya, said the military option does not always guarantee peace.
“Sometimes, war does not necessarily bring peace. You have to pursue diplomacy,” Gen Nyagah told journalists in Goma on Wednesday, November 16.

He said there were a number of options to end the conflict in eastern DR Congo, a region that has known no peace for over two decades and is home to multiple armed groups.
The current conflict between government forces FARDC and the M23 rebel group has intensified since October 20. An estimated 188,000 people have been internally displaced.
The political process was “the first priority,” among the options to be considered, Gen Nyagah said, referring to the Nairobi talks between the Congolese government and the armed groups operating in the country’s east and the Luanda roadmap, which was signed in Angola in July between Rwanda and DR Congo presidents.

“The second track, and is very critical for you to note, is the issue of disarmament and demobilisation not only targeting M23 – because we seem to focus on M23. We have over 120 armed groups in eastern DRC, and they have instigated a significant degree of insecurity.

“If these two tracks fail, then we’ll automatically transit to the third track, that is military action.”

Kenya has already deployed troops in eastern DR Congo as part of the regional efforts. The latest cohort arrived in Goma last week.

Kenya’s former President Uhuru Kenyatta, the EAC facilitator in the eastern DR Congo peace process, has called on all the armed groups to lay down their arms and allow dialogue to take place.

The latest intense fighting between FARDC and M23 on Friday, November 11 led to further displacements. Over 100 Congolese refugees have since crossed to Rwanda, as fighting approached Goma the capital of North Kivu Province.

The Nairobi talks are expected to resume on November 21. The EAC bloc has called for inclusivity in the process for a lasting solution to take hold.

https://www.newtimes.co.rw/article/2698/news/security/political-process-key-in-fixing-dr-congo-conflict--gen-nyagah

Maj Gen Jeff Nyagah giving his speech in Goma

So don't expect to see KDF kicking doors until diplomacy fails to work completely. The regional force is not that trigger happy

Also happening at the same time, mediation between DRC and Rwanda is going on
https://www.newtimes.co.rw/article/2652/news/security/mediation-between-rwanda-dr-congo-on-course-angolan-envoy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 9:55am On Nov 18, 2022
Back in 2012 during OLN when Kenya Airforce KAF used to do conduct sorties and airstrikes almost every month in Somalia, I always used to wonder what they were dropping cause I have never seen an image of an armed f-5 with air to ground capabilities.

This years KDF day, KAF f-5 armaments were full on display.
(Back in the 70's KAF was really locked and loaded, most of us just never knew this)

13 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 10:07am On Nov 18, 2022

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 10:15am On Nov 18, 2022
Stargate254:
Back in 2012 during OLN when Kenya Airforce KAF used to do conduct sorties and airstrikes almost every month in Somalia, I always used to wonder what they were dropping cause I have never seen an image of an armed f-5 with air to ground capabilities.

(Back in the 70's KAF was really locked and loaded, most of us just never knew this)
Nice one.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:27am On Nov 18, 2022
Stargate254:

Nice photos.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 11:25am On Nov 18, 2022
jl115:

I just showed you more than 1 operational vessel............looks like the SANDF still lives rent free in your head grin grin

Hahahaha grin

Nice one bro
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
jl115:

You have only 1 operational vessel in the South African Navy.

That's pathetic grin grin

New MMIPV in exercise points to possible non-availability of other platforms
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
Nigeria troops prepares for operation

The Nigerian Army has won the BEST LAND FORCE IN NATIONAL DEFENCE IN AFRICA 2021/2022

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
Stargate254:

Those F5s are wayyy past their due date
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
Tinfoil:

Those F5s are wayyy past their due date
We all know that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2022
kabe1:

You have only 1 operational vessel in the South African Navy.

That's pathetic grin grin

New MMIPV in exercise points to possible non-availability of other platforms
can you read?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2022
jl115:
can you read?

It reads you have one platform serviceable.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2022
jl115:
can you read?

I just heard the South African Navy chief side of the story. True, true wetin Mr Ramaphosa do no good at all ooo.
How can the SANDF ask Mr Ramaphosa for "Minister of Defence" but he gave them "Minister of Refreshment". Now the Ms Modise has already used 75% of the defence budget to fly to Russia to cheers and drink wine and also to buy make up kits and clothes.
Now the meagre leftover funds for the SANDF can only cover for; 1MMIPV per year for the S.A Navy, maintenance of 5 Atlas oryx Helicopter per year for the Air Force and upgrades of 10 Ratel IFV per year for the Army.

Moral lesson : Don't put a woman as your Defence Minister next time especially when she has no military experience.

Where are my other Comrades of Vawulence, over to you grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
Stargate254:

EAC regional force has been deployed with with multidimensional mandate that is very categorical, so don't expect to see them jumping into hot fire on day one (unless they get attacked directly) .
There are peace talks with all armed groups in DRC that is to happen on the 21st this month in Nairobi. M23 is probably making a move to hold more ground so that they can use it as bargaining chip to get a better deal than other armed groups at the negotiating table.

Read this so you understand the regional force's mandate.

Maj Gen Jeff Nyagah giving his speech in Goma

So don't expect to see KDF kicking doors until diplomacy fails to work completely. The regional force is not that trigger happy

Also happening at the same time, mediation between DRC and Rwanda is going on
https://www.newtimes.co.rw/article/2652/news/security/mediation-between-rwanda-dr-congo-on-course-angolan-envoy

I noticed the plate careers some of your soldiers on deployment to DRC use appears to be a small size one or is it the way it was designed? Sometimes it looks like it is sitting a little above the stomach

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

I just heard the South African Navy chief side of the story. True, true wetin Mr Ramaphosa do no good at all ooo.
How can the SANDF ask Mr Ramaphosa for "Minister of Defence" but he gave them "Minister of Refreshment". Now the Ms Modise has already used 75% of the defence budget to fly to Russia to cheers and drink wine and also to buy make up kits and clothes.
Now the meagre leftover funds for the SANDF can only cover for; 1MMIPV per year for the S.A Navy, maintenance of 5 Atlas oryx Helicopter per year for the Air Force and upgrades of 10 Ratel IFV per year for the Army.

Moral lesson : Don't put a woman as your Defence Minister next time especially when she has no military experience.

Where are my other Comrades of Vawulence, over to you grin grin grin
another ignorant and useless muppet that has no idea what his talking about.

FYI Thandi Modise is a military veteran with actual combat experience and training.... Next time keep your mouth shut before spewing your ret@rdedness on this thread

FYI the SANDF might have its problems but at least it hasn't been dominated and over run by rag tag rebel groups in its own country like the Nigerian defence force.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
jl115:
another ignorant and useless muppet that has no idea what his talking about.

FYI Thandi Modise is a military veteran with actual combat experience and training.... Next time keep your mouth shut before spewing your ret@rdedness on this thread

FYI the SANDF might have its problems but at least it hasn't been dominated and over run by rag tag rebel groups in its own country like the Nigerian defence force.

Ohh you mean her serving as an anti apartheid guerilla under the Umkhonto We Sizwe is her military experience??
Shey you dey whine me ni(Are you kidding me) grin grin grin

And by the way, those miscreants have been reduced to petty bandits that only carry out hit and run operations, they will be history before the end of the present administration wink

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 10:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
Fynline:

I noticed the plate careers some of your soldiers on deployment to DRC use appears to be a small size one or is it the way it was designed? Sometimes it looks like it is sitting a little above the stomach

They seem to be more like tactical vests rather than plate carriers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOa9XdSE9OU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:34am On Nov 19, 2022
An intelligence-led aerial and ground coordinated operation launched by the Nigerian Army targeting the Boko Haram gro has led to the killing of scores of terrorists in Banki, Bama Local Government Area in Borno state.
It was gathered that the Jamā'at Ahl as-Sunnah lid-Da'wah wa'l-Jihād Boko Haram suffered another devastating loss of its foot soldiers in the attack which occurred on Nov, 16 and 17 2022 in a hideout of the terrorists in Chongolo and Tangalanga.
The Bombs from the detailed attack Super Tukano Aircraft, scored accurate hits on their target leading to the obliteration of 16 of the terrorists and some of their motorcycles.
Another airstrikes eliminated scores of the terrorists at Chongolo village.
the operation was conducted pursuant to credible intelligence reports indicating that the settlement was one of the locations being used by the fighters as a staging area from where they attacked own troops’ positions and other soft targets in Banki general area.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Wuoche: 10:42am On Nov 19, 2022

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:46am On Nov 19, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

Ohh you mean her serving as an anti apartheid guerilla under the Umkhonto We Sizwe is her military experience??
Shey you dey whine me ni(Are you kidding me) grin grin grin

And by the way, those miscreants have been reduced to petty bandits that only carry out hit and run operations, they will be history before the end of the present administration wink
she received military training in Angola.... Far from your ret@rded post that claimed she has 0 military experience
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 10:54am On Nov 19, 2022
kabe1:
Algerian military training exercise

Algeria isn't afraid to SPEND even on exercises grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2022
Fynline:

Yeah, I noticed that too, My observation is the amour plates are the same standard size, but the fabric used for the vest is very minimal and compact, just enough size to fit the plate for tactical reasons, maybe they intend to be light weight in their areas of operation.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2022
jl115:

Slo.wpo.ke warned you so many times Nigeria does not have a Defence Force as the first line of defence against external aggression as you tend to insinuate which is deliberate condescension. What we have is The Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which is made up of the Army, Navy, Air Force, the police, paramilitary & all intelligence agencies.

However Nigeria does have a para-military force structure of Civil Defence Corps [NSCDC] akin or a bridge to a National Guard with combat and SF elements better than some of what obtains as a relic of your SADF now the SANDF [Defence Force]. The Nigerian Armed Forces are only called in for the heavy lifting when all else fail with the use of crack para-military forces as we see with BHT terrorists.

No force dominates in Nigeria except Nigeria's military and security agencies that controls all levers and monopoly of violence. Stop spewing nonsense. We all know it's the SANDF that is a shadow of its former self and it's still failing.

In Nigeria when we elect a President he becomes the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria vested with constitutional authority.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2022
Wuoche:

Don't know what happened first, The gentlemans agreement that Rwanda would urge M23 to back down or this shooting incident. Both happened on the same day
https://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/tea/news/east-africa/kagame-agrees-to-urge-m23-to-cease-fire-4025594
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
Covert1:

Slo.wpo.ke warned you so many times Nigeria does not have a Defence Force as the first line of defence against external aggression as you tend to insinuate which is deliberate condescension. What we have is The Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which is made up of the Army, Navy, Air Force, the police, paramilitary & all intelligence agencies.

However Nigeria does have a para-military force structure of Civil Defence Corps [NSCDC] akin or a bridge to a National Guard with combat and SF elements better than some of what obtains as a relic of your SADF now the SANDF [Defence Force]. The Nigerian Armed Forces are only called in for the heavy lifting when all else fail with the use of crack para-military forces as we see with BHT terrorists.

No force dominates in Nigeria except Nigeria's military and security agencies that controls all levers and monopoly of violence. Stop spewing nonsense. We all know it's the SANDF that is a shadow of its former self and it's still failing.

In Nigeria when we elect a President he becomes the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria vested with constitutional authority.

and yet BH over runs your country.... Untill then know your role and shut your mouth

(1) (2) (3) ... (2690) (2691) (2692) (2693) (2694) (2695) (2696) ... (2848) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.