Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,409 members, 7,846,736 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6008810 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2720) (2721) (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) ... (2849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ADEGUNWA01: 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

Don't be mistaken, the Nigerian Army has changed it's main assault rifle to the Beryl M762. They are steadily doing away with the AK 47.
The army also makes us of sniper rifles, machine guns(both heavy and light), semi automatic pistols and even shot guns. I don't think the DSS operates these
The IWI Tavor is nothing so special, they don't shoot lasers or fireballs, they shoot the same bullets that are shot by other rifles be it a 7.62mm or 5.56mm cartridge so don't be deceived by the bullpup appearance. Even the special forces of the military also make use of the Tavor rifles

Nothing is special about Tavor assault rifle but the elite unit of the military uses it, meaning the tavor is not a small boy gun bro.
I know the military trying to move away from Ak47 but wen u get to the theater of war the 90% of the soldiers are still using Ak47, I respect the military for now the Dss uses better guns than the military
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:07pm On Dec 25, 2022
ADEGUNWA01:

Nothing is special about Tavor assault rifle but the elite unit of the military uses it, meaning the tavor is not a small boy gun bro.
I know the military trying to move away from Ak47 but wen u get to the theater of war the 90% of the soldiers are still using Ak47, I respect the military for now the Dss uses better guns than the military
I don't know why you think the design is making you think they use better guns than the army grin
Elite unit of the army actually makes more use of modified AKs with suppressors and optics and the AR-M1 the navy mostly X-95 i think they also adopted some modified AKs for those in the NE while the DHQSOF AK-Alfa
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:08pm On Dec 25, 2022
TERRORIST KINGPINS KHAIDS ABBA TUKUR, BAKURA JEGA, OTHERS CONFIRMED NEUTRALIZED IN AIR STRIKES AS COAS AND CAS FETE FRONTLINE TROOPS IN MAIDUGURI

Following an airstrike conducted by the Air Component of Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) on 20 December 2022 at Mantari in Gezuwa area of Bama Local Government Area (LGA) of Borno State, it has now been confirmed that several terrorists including Khaids Abbah Tukur, Maimusari, Bakura Jega and several others were eliminated in the strike.

The information was received just as the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya and the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Oladayo Amao arrived Maiduguri earlier today, 25 December 2022 to celebrate the yuletide with frontline troops.

The air strike was authourized after it was discovered that a Boko Haram terrorist commander simply known as Ikirima, had stationed his fighters and gun trucks at Mantari village, alongside other terrorists from other locations who had converged at the same location arrived with motorcycles and bicycles.

Subsequently, the authorization for an air strike was given leading to the elimination of several of the terrorists and structures in the area. After the first wave of air strikes, some surviving terrorists found their way back to the same location to evacuate the bodies of those neutralized in the air strike.

This thus provided an opportunity for a follow-up strike on the same location which has been confirmed very successful as over 100 terrorists were neutralized with dozens said to be in critical condition.

There were also confirmed reports that ISWAP and Boko Haram elements had perfected plans to resume active hostilities in the wake of the yuletide and forthcoming general elections.

The timely intelligence received on their plans especially their attempt to attack soft targets in Bama LGA thus helped in the successful air strikes which has reduced their will to regroup and attack innocent citizens. There is no doubt that the progress and gains being made especially by the air and ground troops has greatly contained an upsurge of terrorists’ campaigns within the Northeast zone in recent times.

Both air and ground troops have however been cautioned on the need to remain focused on the end state.

Meanwhile the COAS and CAS have both commended the efforts of the air and ground troops as well as other security agencies under OPHK for the tremendous achievements being recorded in the Theatre.

According to them, there has been a lot of improvement in the security situation in the Region due to the ongoing operations and urged the troops to continue to give in their best towards ensuring that the Region is completely rid of all terrorists.

Both Service Chiefs paid special tribute to those who have paid the supreme sacrifice in the fight against terrorism and insurgency while also praising the commitment and uncommon sacrifices of the troops as peace gradually returns to Borno State. While wishing them a Merry Christmas, the Service Chiefs both extended the appreciation of President Muhammadu Buhari and indeed all Nigerians to the troops for their sacrifices and efforts.

The yuletide lunch between the Service Chiefs and frontline troops has become a periodic routine aimed at enhancing camaraderie among troops and boosting morale. Present at the event was the Deputy Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Umar Kadafur who represented the Governor of Birno, District Head of Damboa and representatives of Non Governmental Organizations, among others.

Edward Gabkwet
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:06am On Dec 26, 2022
RiceProducers:

The only time on Russia 's side is that which allows further destruction of their military capability. Ukraine is developing capabilities in long range loitering munitions which combined with Western weapons and Patriot missiles will prove decisive.

There is now intense pressure on military industrial capacity in China, Russia, Iran and South Korea trying to meet Russian requirements for the war. These capacities will start to deplete when these countries factor in their own requirements against Israel, Taiwan and South Korea.

By mid 2023, everything will be be clear about the direction of the war which i believe in a world shaking defeat of Russia and removal or assassination of Putin

South Korea is trying to meet Russian requirements??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:09am On Dec 26, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

Defeat of Russia?? I don't think so. The US with the financial, political and physical support from it's fellow NATO Gangsters did not subdue the Afghan Talibans completely even after 20 years.
Russia is a large country that cannot be affected by weapons embargo cause it is a weapons manufacturing country.
Russia has resisted the combined forces of UkraiNATO for 10 whole months while holding on to 15% of Ukrainian territory.
The so called sanctions that were placed on it also backfired to the E.U. With the present inflation crisis, energy crisis, cost of living crisis, political crisis and the imminent war fatigue, it's just a matter of time before the remote controllers of Ukraine finally agree to entertain genuine peace talks.

Are you comparing asymmetric warfare to conventional? Are you aware that Russia failed in Afghanistan too and this perspective cannot be used to criticize the US!?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:16am On Dec 26, 2022
ADEGUNWA01:

But the dss have better guns than the army like Fn2000, P90, tavor and other super guns, so the dss is better equipped than the army bro

FN2000, P90, TAR-21 and TAR-X95 Tavor are all bullups and carbines for close range combat. The Nigerian army and armed forces of the federal Republic of Nigeria have special forces units armed with those rifles. Special forces ops involves troops insertion, most a times behind enemy lines. That's where close range combats comes to play because you're embedded within the enemy and you don't want to lose the element of surprise(which is an element of war), you use guns like the Tavor with effective close range fire, with tactical optics and suppressors instead of the compensators on some standard rifles.

The Nigerian Army is in a war especially in a less built up environment , so assault rifles are used and battle rifles (chambered in 7.62 X 51mm) because they have longer range and more comfortable to engage the enemy in a large environment.

Personally, I prefer the M762 beryl rifle, CAK-103, AR-M1 and ak-alfa of the Nigerian army than those bullups and carbines. The TAR-21 Tavor rifle is chambered with a 5.56 X 45mm cartridge ammunition which in my opinion is not any good compared to the 7.62 X 39mm of the Nigerian army. If you note, most of these bullups rifles have an effective range of mostly 500m. The 7.62 X 39mm rifles have a farther range.

This cartridge enables us to punch more muzzle velocity through the enemy with a better outcome. I've read about situations where United States army rangers had shot and injured an enemy soldier on the leg but the enemy still has the ability to stand up ability to and escape with gunshot wounds.

With the 7.62 X 39mm, those situations are slim.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ADEGUNWA01: 12:45am On Dec 26, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

FN2000, P90, TAR-21 and TAR-X95 Tavor are all bullups and carbines for close range combat. The Nigerian army and armed forces of the federal Republic of Nigeria have special forces units armed with those rifles. Special forces ops involves troops insertion, most a times behind enemy lines. That's where close range combats comes to play because you're embedded within the enemy and you don't want to lose the element of surprise(which is an element of war), you use guns like the Tavor with effective close range fire, with tactical optics and suppressors instead of the compensators on some standard rifles.

The Nigerian Army is in a war especially in a less built up environment , so assault rifles are used and battle rifles (chambered in 7.62 X 51mm) because they have longer range and more comfortable to engage the enemy in a large environment.

Personally, I prefer the M762 beryl rifle, CAK-103, AR-M1 and ak-alfa of the Nigerian army than those bullups and carbines. The TAR-21 Tavor rifle is chambered with a 5.56 X 45mm cartridge ammunition which in my opinion is not any good compared to the 7.62 X 39mm of the Nigerian army. If you note, most of these bullups rifles have an effective range of mostly 500m. The 7.62 X 39mm rifles have a farther range.

This cartridge enables us to punch more muzzle velocity through the enemy with a better outcome. I've read about situations where United States army rangers had shot and injured an enemy soldier on the leg but the enemy still has the ability to stand up ability to and escape with gunshot wounds.

With the 7.62 X 39mm, those situations are slim.

I don't really know much about guns like that, I agree with u but with what I have read about those guns I mention they are more than just close protection guns those guys are also sweet able at the war front
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:04am On Dec 26, 2022
ADEGUNWA01:

I don't really know much about guns like that, I agree with u but with what I have read about those guns I mention they are more than just close protection guns those guys are also sweet able at the war front

Yeah, sure. No one said they're not suitable. I talked about using them for special forces insertion behind enemy lines. That's still the warfront. I didn't mention close protection. I mentioned "close range".

People write anything. I read an article of someone firing 9 X 19mm parabellum pistol rounds from trenches against the enemy! Which is totally ineffective .

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 11:17am On Dec 26, 2022
Kdf troops Christmas celebration in Kismayu somalia.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 11:22am On Dec 26, 2022
Kdf troops celebrating Christmas with the people of Eastern DRC who are returning home .

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2022
We can agree that drones is a problem for air defense. In which many air defense system are trying to solve especially makeshift drones. Especially looking at korea situation now
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2022
General Manager of Turkish Aerospace Industries has confirmed the Nigerian Air Force will start receiving 6 T-129 attack helicopters from the beginning of next year.

14 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 5:29pm On Dec 26, 2022
NTSA:
Kdf troops celebrating Christmas with the people of Eastern DRC who are returning home .
To allow a return without incident and avoid any infiltration of the village ceded to the Kenyan Forces by the M23 rebels, the Kenyan soldiers have established the system of Nyumba Kumi for the identification of returning IDPs.
Nyumba kumi was an initiative adopted by the Kenyan security agencies back when alshabaab was hitting us frequently.
Generally the locals are organized into groups of 10 Households (nyumba kumi) and encouraged share information about one another and monitor security threats and provide information to the local administration and security organs.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2022
davefurn:
We can agree that drones is a problem for air defense. In which many air defense system are trying to solve especially makeshift drones. Especially looking at korea situation now
Not just drones I think most if not every African country needs to have an integrated air picture that increases situational awareness and quick decision making.i.e Radar Squadrons distributed strategically across the country for
air surveillance & early warning plus air defense weapons systems and Quick response teams dedicated to respond to emergencies.
The whole concept of air defense is supposed to be layered.
Plus we need to invest on passive air defense as opposed to active self defense considering budget constraints in most African countries.
Things such as camouflage, concealment, deception etc .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2022
NTSA:

Not just drones I think most if not every African country needs an integrated air picture that increases situational awareness and quick decision making.i.e Radar Squadrons distributed strategically across the country for
air surveillance & early warning plus air defense weapons systems and Quick response teams dedicated to respond to emergencies.
The whole concept of air defense is supposed to be layered.
True, but their response were accurate but they didn't even shoot one down.... Drones are very small and air defense hardly picks them sometimes
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2022
davefurn:

True, but their response were accurate but they didn't even shoot one down.... Drones are very small and air defense hardly picks them sometimes
That where passive air defense comes in camouflage,deception and decoys,otherwise air threats are always mutating factoring in the continued development of stealth technology drones etc....of importance is protecting critical military installations /Vital Areas such airports runways, powergeneration sites ,oil wells etc such that even when hit the military operations will not stop or get rendered in-operable.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 8:08pm On Dec 26, 2022
Lurker4Long:
Choices, choices...go to the opening of yet another whisk(e)y bar or binge on the latest season of Jack Ryan, out today and directed by a family friend, Jann Turner?

grin grin grin

Enjoyed season 1. Season 2 is pure American styled self righteous fiction. Assaulting a presidential Palace or killing a US senator...dont know which I find more unbelievable

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
NTSA:

To allow a return without incident and avoid any infiltration of the village ceded to the Kenyan Forces by the M23 rebels, the Kenyan soldiers have established the system of Nyumba Kumi for the identification of returning IDPs.
Nyumba kumi was an initiative adopted by the Kenyan security agencies back when alshabaab was hitting us frequently.
Generally the locals are organized into groups of 10 Households (nyumba kumi) and encouraged share information about one another and monitor security threats and provide information to the local administration and security organs.

This is an interesting strategy....

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2022
NTSA:

That where passive air defense comes in camouflage,deception and decoys,otherwise air threats are always mutating plus the continued development of stealth technology drones etc....of importance is protecting critical military installations /Vital Areas such airports runways, powergeneration sites ,oil wells etc such that even when hit the military operations will not stop or get rendered in-operable.
Alright then, thanks for the explanation

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2022
I just wish we had some armed drones,
Congo would be interesting.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 10:38pm On Dec 26, 2022
NTSA:
I just wish we had some armed drones,
Congo would be interesting.

Looks like a refugee camp. Someone shared a more Chearer pic the other day...they were in the open. How about airstrikes? Is your govt willing to go that far?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:12am On Dec 27, 2022
Off-topic..

I was going through Maps, and something I always find fascinating is the result of different socio-political decisions by respective countries impacting the local environment on different sides of the border to a point where it is visible from space. Here are some local examples;

Image 1: Lesotho on the left, South Africa on the right. (overgrazing visible on the Basotho side)
Image 2: South Africa on the south, eSwatini on the north. (different agricultural practices visible, concealed small weed plantations on the Swazi side grin)
Image 3: South Africa on the left, Mozambique on the right. (land under-utilised in Mozambique)

Past decisions visible from space.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:47am On Dec 27, 2022
If you pay attention to the SA/eSwatini map, you will spot the informal weed plantations poorly concealed under trees grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 4:17pm On Dec 27, 2022
GreenandGold:

This is an interesting strategy....
Still works even today. Think of it like a government sponsored 'Neighborhood Watch' .
I lost a goat, called our " Nyumba Kumi" elder, she visited the rest of the neighborhood about the situation, and the next day a farmer returned my goat. Said it wondered off to his farm and got mixed up with his goats.

The 'Nyumba Kumi' system started a few years back when alshabaab was running rampant incountry. Basically each and every houshold has to know the members of atleast 10 households around them. Those housholds then elect 1 elder who will be responsible for that neighborhood, and the government then pays this person a monthly stipend. If anyone new (lets say a domestic servant/worker) comes to the neighborhood, the household that hired the person takes a photocopy of the wokers ID and details and submits those details to the elected elder who then forwards the same to the sub-chief so that its known by local adminstration.
If any member of the 10 housholds see something suspicious then they report to the elected elder who fowards the complaint to the sub-chief then onwards to the local chief who fowards to the district/sub-county office which shares information with security services i.e police, CID, Intelligence etc

In my neighbourhood we've had 2 people arested and one of them successfully convicted 3yrs in prison using the Nyuba Kumi System of information sharing.
NB: The effectiveness of this system depends on the willingness of the particular neighborhood members.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2022
Kenya's former president Uhuru Kenyatta during a fire power demo.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:02pm On Dec 27, 2022
As part of modernization, the Kenya Navy is currently training pilots . The pilots are part of a pilot project to operate maritime patrol aircrafts[b]MPAs[/b]. The introduction of the aircrafts will augment the Maritime
Surveillance Radars as well as extend the surveillance range to cover the EEZ and ECS.
The aircrafts shall employ Sensors which will provide a continuous Recognized Maritime Picture. The images from radar stations together with images acquired by the patrol aircraft shall form part of an integrated system that shall be displayed at the Maritime Operation Centre thereby maintaining a Continuous Operating Picture of the maritime domain.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2022
NTSA:
As part of modernization, the Kenya Navy is currently training pilots . The pilots are part of a pilot project to operate maritime patrol aircrafts
MPAs. The introduction of the aircrafts will augment the Maritime Surveillance Radars as well as extend the surveillance range to cover the EEZ and ECS.
The aircrafts shall employ Sensors which will provide a continuous Recognized Maritime Picture. The images from radar stations together with images acquired by the patrol aircraft shall form part of an integrated system that shall be displayed at the Maritime Operation Centre thereby maintaining a Continuous Operating Picture of the maritime domain.
almost similar to our falcon eye system
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2022
How can foreign mercs openly carry firearms like this on our soil angry

https://twitter.com/Murtalaibin/status/1607509061024768001?s=19
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2022
Bacteria8:

but you don't mind carrying on other people's soils too ba?

Stop acting ignorant.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:02am On Dec 28, 2022
Senegalese Troops in Mali

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:07am On Dec 28, 2022
kabe1:
Senegalese Troops in Mali

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:46am On Dec 28, 2022
Bacteria8:

Foreign mercs?

But some of una sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (2720) (2721) (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) ... (2849) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.