Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5971202 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

Do u have any details on the types of Saudi coalition warships being sunk off the coast of Yemen? And the kinds off missiles being employed?

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151025/1029092805/yemen-ship-saudis-rebels.html
http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/10/11/432918/Yemen-Saudi-warship-Bab-alMandab-Ansarullah-Aden
from the reports which also include the one i posted ,the houthi claimed to have fired a barrage of grad rockets but were initially claiming to have damage one of the ships.until we see actual proof due to houthi over exaggerating about the losses they have caused to gulf coalition,it will be just speculation.its not the first time they claimed they sunk a warship but it has never being proven.but this war both side aren't divulging much.there is a new threat in littoral warfare ,any ship near the shores of an enemy shouldn't just expect to be targeted with anti-ship missile,even an enemy can track those ships and fire a barrage of artillery or rockets in the direction of those ships and luckily sink or damage one of them.during the gulf war 1 it is said if saddan generals did the same using scuds by targeting american air craft carriers anchored in the gulf of arabia ,that would have hampered the war effort against iraq
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 8:18pm On Dec 15, 2015
@pacretus we do have ATGMs not sure how many but we sure do (3rd pic), and looks like they're being deployed in the NE which I clearly think it's a bad fückïng idea.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
#Nigeria COIN #Nigerian Air Force Quick Response force #NAF QRF #Nigeria war on terror # Nigerian MI-35 window gunner

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
IbnSultaan:

MEN TO SACRIFICE
they have not done anything to support sub african countries fighting jihadist groups in sub sahara ,then why should nigeria bother !its ironical saudi which only initial bombed ISIS during the first days of the air campaign against ISIS.now wants to lead a coalition against terrorism .the real reason is they have now realized in yemen,its not the houthi they have to contend with but a growing and expanding ISIS in yemen and alqaeda in the arabian peninsula
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
africaken:
they have not done anything to support sub african countries fighting jihadist groups in sub sahara ,then why should nigeria bother !its ironical saudi which only initial bombed ISIS during the first days of the air campaign against ISIS.now wants to lead a coalition against terrorism .the real reason is they have now realized in yemen,its not the houthi they have to contend with but a growing and expanding ISIS in yemen and alqaeda in the arabian peninsula

African leaders are inherently stup1d and border-line retarrded!

I really don't blame the Saudis.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 15, 2015
Henry240:

African leaders are inherently stup1d and border-line retarrded!

I really don't blame the Saudis.
we have being know to provide the best cannon fodder,i hear bashir was given 2 billion dollars so as to join the gulf coalition in yemen.at the same time colombians and europeans mercenaries are being given loads of cash and UAE citizenship
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2015
africaken:
airing today in kenya and streaming online NTVKenya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNYR5opCExw
i thought it would have a lot of action and tense moments,i was wrong smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcmP59dzYvk
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
God Save Our Troops!

#Nigeria COIN #Nigeria CTCOIN #REVA MRAP #IED #War on Terror

Nigerian Reva 4x4 MRAP hit by a pressure plate IED

Photo Credit: Dakingsman

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
Henry240:
God Save Our Troops!

#Nigeria COIN #Nigeria CTCOIN #REVA MRAP #IED #War on Terror

Nigerian Reva 4x4 MRAP hit by a pressure plate IED

Photo Credit: Dakingsman
That doesn't look good, hope they made it out in one piece.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
Not that we see vids or much pics of our men fighting terrorism in NE but this hardware have been under radar, was wondering if it was even being used at some point

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
NighttWalker:
Not that we see vids or much pics of our men fighting terrorism in NE but this hardware have been below radar, was wondering if it was even being used at some point

They are being deployed and used in the north east theatre.

The only video it appeared was in a BH propaganda video where it an F.O.B was overran and a BTR 4 was captured. But I think it has being recaptured by reinforcement that came later to clear the area of insurgents.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2015
NighttWalker:

According to ICP the vehicle can withstand 10kg worth of TNT and has a Stanag level 3 rating.

Let's hope they made it out. The MRAP is totaled.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
NighttWalker:
then imagine trying to vacate from such wreckage may be wounded and even some of your fellow soldiers are in critical state.while under fire from multiple locations.one day this same soldier here you complain about the traffic
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 15, 2015
NighttWalker:
Not that we see vids or much pics of our men fighting terrorism in NE but this hardware have been under radar, was wondering if it was even being used at some point

Not like we know how well they've even performed in the battle-space either. Anything short of at-least 150 proper IFVs is a total waste of money.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
shocked

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
Henry240:

According to ICP the vehicle can withstand 10kg worth of TNT and has a Stanag level 3 rating.

Let's hope they made it out. The MRAP is totaled.
Crew compartment looks entirely intact, and if the blast hit the middle or back of the vehicle it might have been repairable as well. Pretty sure all the crew survived. South Africa builds tough mate cool

Pic: Cougar after IED blast, all the crew on board survived

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
jln115:

Crew compartment looks entirely intact, and if the blast hit the middle or back of the vehicle it might have been repairable as well. Pretty sure all the crew survived. South Africa builds tough mate cool

Pic: Cougar after IED blast, all the crew on board survived

The crew compartment does look intact..... I agree.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
gottfried21:
shocked
if any of this countries is expecting cash,you made a big mistake.this year saudi was forced to borrow due to over expenditure.remember this is a welfare society cradle to grave,also saudi has major public infrastructure projects like the tallest building in the world and oil prices are down and continuing to slide down while the war in yemen continue to get worse.also there are rumour there could be a coup because the princes are not getting along
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
Henry240:

Honestly ive seen a lot worse were the crew has survived!! Also i dont even think its a right off, a new engine,gearbox, front suspension and a new exhaust and shes good to go....and maybe a new propshaft as well wink

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
Henry240:

but they did suffer brain trauma,i just hope most of our armies will be ready and equipped to cater to this soldiers now and in the future
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2015
gottfried21:
shocked

We also have to look at the possibilities of Nigeria being a part of the useless coalition for intelligence purpose only.

Buhari will not be so stup1d to commit our troops to a non African crisis especially now that we are busy at home. And yet to fully commit to the standby force.

The coalition like every other coalition (including the west) is bound to fail. I just don't understand this new trend of building coalitions without a clear plan and strategy.

These terrorists have made our leaders gone mad grin

I know 3 members of the coalition that don't see eye to eye (Egypt v Qatar & turkey). So how are these countries supposed to corporate militarily?

Nigeria will benefit from it from the intelligence part. I don't see us shedding a blood for those arabs.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 11:35am On Dec 16, 2015
The confrontation between NA and shiite extremists
Personally i think the troops were extremely cautious. The shiites got what they asked for..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo3fI1taHRA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 11:47am On Dec 16, 2015
rugged7:
Personally i think the troops were extremely cautious. The shiites got what they asked for..

imagine how long it took the army to release this video.

the army needs to work in it's publicity department
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2015
rugged7:

It's rather better than late....... I wonder what took them so long before the video was released.

Thee troops where extremely cautious, at the beginning if the video I heard an officer shouting don't fire.... grin repeatedly to the soldiers who where already pointing there riffles towards the crowd, those three officers where brave and lucky.

The truth is violence is the language so people understands!!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2015
rugged7:

Was this being recording this with a flip phone? like what the actual fu.c.k
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2015
rugged7:

i swear i was asking when are they going to start shooting,you try to reason with fools until it reach a point you just say "f@#$ this S%&*.africa if we dont get our s@#$ together this is going to be one F@#$up century.has anyone ever asked himself russia has oil even an OPEC member,why is it we dont see them sitting on their a@# like those saudi,who can't fight for their own country.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2015
NighttWalker:
@pacretus we do have ATGMs not sure how many but we sure do (3rd pic), and looks like they're being deployed in the NE which I clearly think it's a bad fückïng idea.
thats a Shershen-D Belarusian Anti-tank Guided Missiles

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
africaken:
then imagine trying to vacate from such wreckage may be wounded and even some of your fellow soldiers are in critical state.while under fire from multiple locations.one day this same soldier here you complain about the traffic
I didn't get you
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 3:54pm On Dec 16, 2015
africaken:
thats a Shershen-D Belarusian Anti-tank Guided Missiles
Thanks for the ID
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 3:58pm On Dec 16, 2015
Henry240:

Not like we know how well they've even performed in the battle-space either. Anything short of at-least 150 proper IFVs is a total waste of money.

True, how many of BTR-4 did we order/receive?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 4:01pm On Dec 16, 2015
bidexiii:

They are being deployed and used in the north east theatre.

The only video it appeared was in a BH propaganda video where it an F.O.B was overran and a BTR 4 was captured. But I think it has being recaptured by reinforcement that came later to clear the area of insurgents.
Wow, have the NA released any COIN vid if yes have you or anyone here seen it?. I'm talking about good combat COIN vid not the one with the drone strike.

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.