Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,085 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5998898 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (2847) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
I think we need to create a different Thread where we can have logical, rational and non-competitive discussions about weapon systems from Africa or else where, something like that 'Arms Chair Generals' Thread, because it seems as if most people here *me included* are derailing this Thread.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 11:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
Ibnsultan:
The monster is the 3rd biggest aircraft in the world. Due retirement frm USAF in 2040
2040??!!! O_O by then its going to be like the C-130 in the U.S army, I'm sure there's going to be something even bigger by then :"(
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by neighy(m): 8:28am On Oct 07, 2014
Centrifude:
I think we need to create a different Thread where we can have logical, rational and non-competitive discussions about weapon systems from Africa or else where, something like that 'Arms Chair Generals' Thread, because it seems as if most people here *me included* are derailing this Thread.
I Think I like it like this... Pictures coming Up With analysis included...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 9:02am On Oct 07, 2014
Centrifude:

Yeah very true hey, maybe that's why many Major players like Russia and China don't invest a lot on A.Cs. Lol but you know even with all those weaknesses I still wish S.A had a Couple of Aircraft Carriers though (.___.)
Yeah,I understand.

But our foreign policy will continue to be based in Africa,all that is needed are aerial refuelling planes. With them the Gripens can cover all sub-saharan Africa.

What's needed is an amphibious assault ship.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 07, 2014
MikeZA:
We've seen improvements in recent years though.

Our armies are still struggling on where to draw line for journalists,and keep up with social media.

In many many many many times you find military spokespersons having to deny information already confirmed by journalist on the ground and reported on social media,cause they weren't "authorised". "The flow of information".

This is where the problem lies. Information is moving faster than the chain of command or how the army can reform.

We've seen this play out multiple times in Nigeria. It creates a situation where it is impossible to know what actually transpired.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ugly is doing is a nice job in Somalia along side kenya. Most of the recent victories were without firefight just sweep & clear
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
Uganda is doing a nice job in Somalia along side kenya. Most of the recent victories were without firefight just sweep & clear
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chris365(m): 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ibnsultan:
Uganda is doing a nice job in Somalia along side kenya. Most of the recent victories were without firefight just sweep & clear

there were also involvements of some PMCs and instructors from US and EU. i saw an AJ DOC about the battle where some white PMCs were instructing the Ugandans on where and how to move. it was a beautiful scene
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
chris365:

there were also involvements of some PMCs and instructors from US and EU. i saw an AJ DOC about the battle where some white PMCs were instructing the Ugandans on where and how to move. it was a beautiful scene
but amison is responsible 4 90% victry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
Mutiny is the gravest military crime, for it strikes at the very heart
of military discipline, and desertion was not far behind for similar
reasons. Let there be no ambiguity in this, what the rebellious soldiers
did was very wrong and should be condemned by every right thinking
person. Because, the military as a vocation is unlike any other
profession, it is a job that requires the utmost sacrifice from those
who decide to take it up as a career, and it demands utmost loyalty and
high sense of responsibility from those who voluntarily sign up. The
soldiers are expected to be fully committed to an assigned task, they
must not compromise in whatever circumstances. It is this unrelenting
devotion to the standard of duty and courage, absolute loyalty to
others, and of not letting the task go until it has been accomplished,
that makes the military such an enviable institution.
However, while it is apparent that the purpose of this outrageous
verdict on the 12 was to act as a warning or deterrent to others, I
should point out that this is definitely not going to achieve any
positive results. The military leadership should have used that ugly
incident as a signal to make a serious reflection on its activities.
According to the former American army chief Collin Powell, ‘Leadership
is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems,
is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost
confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case
is a failure of leadership.’
Rather than implementing this harsh verdict, army leadership must
concede that they are the ones who have failed to regard their soldiers
as their children. Therefore they failed to follow them into the deepest
valleys, and failed to look after them as their own beloved sons. Thus
the soldiers failed to stand by the nation even unto their death. If
Clausewitz’s assertion that the principles of war do not change over
time but are immutable, then perhaps too, the principles of military
leadership are also immutable, or at least analogous. Thus the pillars
of classical leadership still have their application today.
I am sure the Army leadership is familiar with the term ‘positive
reinforcement.’ Evan Munsing in his paper, ‘What Caesar Told His
Centurions’ explains that effective welfare packages and rewards for the
troops are important aid in maintaining unit effectiveness and morale.
Is our military leadership doing enough to lift the moral of its
soldiers? The answer to the question is very clear to all and sundry.
Sound welfare packages have always been the source of discipline in the
military and not vice versa, for example during the Roman Empire, aside
from sound welfare packages, the Romans rewarded the first soldier over
the walls of an enemy city with the ‘corona muralis,’ (a crown made of
gold). Other awards might be given in the form of torques or bracelets
of (somewhat) precious metals. These rewards were presented to the
recipient in front of the whole army, and when worn with one’s uniform
they were considered very impressive to soldiers and civilians alike.
The Aftermath of the Russian March revolution of 1917 showed the
importance of loyalty, and the actions of soldiers through undermining
the authority of officers and their subsequent desertion left evidence,,
that discipline accompanied with sound welfare packages is the glue
that holds groups together as one in responding to orders. We always
love to talk about the existing discipline in the UnitedStates’ marine
and army,yet Bryan Bender in his survey, ‘Army Morale Declines in
Survey’ submitted that discipline problems can no longer be denied by
either service since the 1990s. Particularly since the surge in Iraq,
there have been increasing concerns that the human material America is
enlisting in its military is too weak, thus resulting in the rash
decline in disciplinary standards.
It is also sad that the 27 soldiers imprisoned for ‘mutiny’ by a
military tribunal led by General IshayaBauka, were later pardoned in
December 2010 by the Nigerian army. However, their other colleagues are
yet to be paid the disputed allowances and their monetary entitlements.
Till date, there is no record of the officers that diverted their $5,040
monthly peace keeping allowance, and if they will ever be identified or
punished by the army. Under this kind of system of unjust practices,
total and unalloyed discipline cannot be exhibited among the rank and
file.
That soldiers are not allowed to go on strike does not mean that
their disputes of interests should not be addressed effectively and
adequately. Rather than overheating the already effervesced situation,
the Nigerian army should grant a full pardon to these ‘Maiduguri 12’.
What the nation requires at this critical point in time is a show of
mercy and not vice versa. These convicted soldiers have been
complaining, long before they protested that they were outgunned by the
insurgents, and frequently were not paid in full, felt abandoned on the
battlefield, and always fought without enough ammunition or food.
Unfortunately, the Army leaders turned deaf ears to their cries until
the situation eventually got out of hand. At a time such as this, the
Nigerian army must embrace principles of justice over military policies
because as Thomas Paine once said, “an army of principles can penetrate
where an army of soldiers cannot.”
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 11:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
Centrifude:
2040??!!! O_O by then its going to be like the C-130 in the U.S army, I'm sure there's going to be something even bigger by then :"(
no i guess that's the last time a us aircraft will ever be that big, cus they are planning on using replacing it with a new smaller heavy lift aircraft. I don't know if any of you have watch the video where a AC130 landed on an aircraft carrier men it was so beautiful
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 08, 2014
Guys, please enough of the comments. Comments should be 30% of all posts, pictures/photos/videos 70%.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 08, 2014
h
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 7:12am On Oct 08, 2014
Henry120:
Guys, please enough of the comments. Comments should be 30% of all posts, pictures/photos/videos 70%.

Like I said we need a separate Thread where we can have discussions
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 7:24am On Oct 08, 2014
chris365:

Yes,some were filmed launching handheld drones.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chris365(m): 11:16am On Oct 08, 2014
Ibnsultan:
but amison is responsible 4 90% victry

no doubt. just saying what i saw
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
denisfidha:
Another look at uganda's M4 with the special forces

American weapons = American puppets
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2014
Henry120:
the problem is in the midst of no photos/videos we discuss military issues. The nigeria military has this strict circulation of its media materials so as a result there are few ones ,if not because of the BH CTION going ,that's d few we see,that's why southafricans r gaining much hand cos u tend to see a lot of there military media materials on the internet unlike nigeria !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
Here r some pic's

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
More !!!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 1:16pm On Oct 08, 2014
NA

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
Fynline:
NA
nice pic's

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 09, 2014
GreenandGold:

American weapons = American puppets

Not necessarily ....Do you know who Museveni is? Uganda is like right next after Zimbabwe for outright and openly defying US interference when western world impose some sort of conditions.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2014
Henry120

Please id this weapon for me.

Sorry for derailing

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2014
upko:
Henry120

Please id this weapon for me.

Sorry for derailing

This is the "Kriss vector" sub-machine gun. It's made by Defence contractor XE, Formerly Black water. I don't think it has entered full production yet.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:12am On Oct 09, 2014
SF of the nigerian armed forces.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko: 10:22am On Oct 09, 2014
Henry120:

This is the "Kriss vector" sub-machine gun. It's made by Defence contractor XE, Formerly Black water. I don't think it has entered full production yet.
Thanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 09, 2014
Nigerian army COIN Artillery

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2014
bidexiii:
SF of the nigerian armed forces.

Thanks for posting bidexiii, but they are all repost, originally posted by me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:56am On Oct 09, 2014
grin
Henry120:

cheesy
Henry120:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2014
The recent stand-off between the Nigerian and South African governments is one of the many which has characterised relations between both countries over the years. The latest development in the spat involves the confiscation by South African authorities of a second tranche of Nigerian funds meant for arms purchase to fight the extremist Boko Haram sect.

But even before this incident, there was the battle a few years ago over the leadership of the AU Commission (South Africa won that); then last year they fought over the yellow fever vaccine issue (Nigeria won that). In the last few months, there have been the case of the Synagogue Building collapse and the seizure of the first tranche of hard cash.

READ: Another $5.7m Allegedly Meant For Arms Purchase For Nigeria Is Seized Again By South Africa

READ: South Africa Should Remember It Has Businesses Here Too: Nigeria Responds To Seizure Of $5.7m

There is a popular saying that goes like this.......GIVE A POOR MAN MONEY AND YOU KNOW WHO HE REALLY IS.

we all know the aparthied days when south african were begging African countries for assistance and NIGERIA did render them assistance, but now those ragtags have grown wings from the slaves they use to be in their own land, to the extend of swallowing our hard earn millions of dollars, or should it be their new source of generating revenue ? well south africa should not bite the fingers that fed them or else they shall pay dearly one day. And this also goes to all other African countries that we help in the past with money or troops, this will the last time we play the good big brother,and for cameroun,dont start what you cant finish..#JUSTMYVIEW
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 09, 2014
Jteku, please don't derail this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (2847) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.