Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5954766 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nigerian soldiers looking exhausted from battle. They look like they just been bathed in lead.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nigerian Commandos

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nigerian Air Force ISR Aircraft

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2016
Aluminumnow, a local Nigerian vessel building company offering offering this 30mm Coastal Patrol Boat to Navy, Coast-Guard and Marine police units.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
Henry240:

No. The French did not do more than Tchad in Mali. The enemy did not pose a significant resistance in Timbucktu or Gao, they retreated to the mountains. Only a trickle came back and fought Malian and French forces in Timbouctou.

It was the Tchadians who chased the enemy to the mountains, in one of those engagements, Chad lost 26 Soldiers while killing 95 insurgents.

The French only had air superiority, and that's that. The french against a proper armed enemy would suffer severe losses.

You maintain mobility when you use more durable, lighter weight armour such as Dyneema, basic physics research says this.

Did you even read the exchange i had with Mike?

Anyway, we are derailing the thread.
you have little facts to share ,if it wasn't french Blitzkrieg the chads would have being embroiled in another long war .who routed alqaeda from the urban centers of mali ! who was providing constant ISR and air support to the chads as they chased alqaeda to the mountains !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvReZFYqNvQ
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
africaken254:
you have little facts to share ,if it wasn't french Blitzkrieg the chads would have being embroiled in another long war .who routed alqaeda from the urban centers of mali ! who was providing constant ISR and air support to the chads as they chased alqaeda to the mountains !

Like i previously stated, the French had air-superiority, but that's it. The entire ground campaign was 45/55 in favour of Tchad.

I used to be a major proponent of the French ground campaign in Mali, that was until i went back and re-watched many of those ground footages. 200 French versus Five (5) Jihadis, 50 Special Forces against two (2) Jihadis, yet these soldiers still need gunships to take them out. It made no sense to me.

Anyway, Let's agree to disagree.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
Henry240:
Aluminumnow, a local Nigerian vessel building company offering offering this 30mm Coastal Patrol Boat to Navy, Coast-Guard and Marine police units.
oboi...this is nice

Still waiting for when we build an OPV(designs completion) of 50m-60m..then I have a day off on my day off cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
gottfried21:
Nam-Marines

I think these chaps are on the Amphibious Commando course grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

I think these chaps are on the Amphibious Commando course grin
it hurts when I see commandos with wooden buttstocked AKs

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
Henry240:

Like i previously stated, the French had air-superiority, but that's it. The entire ground campaign was 45/55 in favour of Tchad.

I used to be a major proponent of the French ground campaign in Mali, that was until i went back and re-watched many of those ground footages. 200 French versus Five (5) Jihadis, 50 Special Forces against two (2) Jihadis, yet these soldiers still need gunships to take them out. It made no sense to me.

Anyway, Let's agree to disagree.
if you watched that exclusive news video i posted ,it was reported a suicide bomber killed 10 Chadian soldiers .an asymmetrical war is a meticulous war ,not something to rush .the french had choppers ,the Chadians had 4 wheel drive vehicles.now who had better mobility on the battle field !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
Odunayaw:
it hurts when I see commandos with wooden buttstocked AKs

Interestingly enough all our SF units(Both Marine and Army) only appear in public with Wooden buttstocked AKs,and those marines are currently on the commando course so i'ld like to think its SOP
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
Odunayaw:
oboi...this is nice

Still waiting for when we build an OPV(designs completion) of 50m-60m..then I have a day off on my day off cool

I just hope we can deliver vessels on-time. I say 3 concurrent 46 meters vessels, delivered on schedule should be our target.

I was reading about Chile and their Naval shipbuilding, i mean what those guys are doing in there earthquake prone country is nothing short of beautiful. They build ships as large as LPD, and are currently building 85 meters OPVs, although they get technical assistance from Fassmer of Germany, nonetheless shipbuilding in that country is fantastic.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sheyiofficial(m): 8:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
Military destroy criminal bases of vandals, oil thieves — 3rd August 2016 ( Philip Nwosu, LAGOS ) Barely 24 hours after the ground troops, made of Soldiers from 174 Battalion in Ikorodu and personnel of the Nigerian Navy Special Boat Service (SBS) started the ground maneuver to rid the creeks of Arepo and other areas of vandals and oil thieves, over 140 camps of the militants scattered in the area have been destroyed, Daily Sun can now authoritatively report. It was gathered that 75 camps were destroyed on Wednesday, while another 65 camps were destroyed earlier on Tuesday. A key military source told Daily Sun that apart from destroying 140 camps, the military also recovered full police uniform bearing the rank of a corporal and a military uniform. Other items that were recovered in the camps of the vandals include four dane guns 36 cartridges 20 cutlasses, two bags of Omo, half bag of Garri, half bag of rice, a computer set, a cheque book and an identity card. Also Daily Sun learnt that 8 speed boat allegedly belonging to the vandals were destroyed by the military ground troops who are presently ran sacking the camps inside the creeks of Arepo, Ishawo, Awawa and other areas. Troops it was gathered have vowed to rid the area of criminals. The movement of the ground troop came in the wake of an intensified security in Badagry area of Lagos State over reports that militants had fled to the area. Daily Sun learnt that the Command of the ground troops is Lieutenant Colonel Julius Ogbobe, the Commander of the Land Component of Operation Awatse. The heightened security situation in Badagry it was gathered became necessary following reports that militants from Arepo area of Ogun had fled to Badagry due to the aerial bombardment of their camps by Air Force personnel. Investigation around the Badagry area and other neighbouring communities showed that security agencies have been deployed in strategic areas, and soldiers attached to the Lagos State security initiative commonly called Operation Mesa (OP MESA) haves been deployed in strategic areas in Badagry. On Tuesday there were reports that some suspected vandals from the Arepo area of Ogun State have fled the area to riverine communities in the Ilaje and Ese-Odo local government areas of Ondo State. Daily Sun investigations on Monday indicated that the vandals, who survived the intensified aerial bombardment by the Nigerian Air Force of their camps at Arepo, Ogun, and Ikorodu, Lagos, are now moving in droves into Ondo and Delta States. A top military source told Daily Sun that intelligence reports reveal that some of the oil thieves had sneaked into the reverine communities in Delta and Ondo States, but added that there will be no hiding place for the fleeing hoodlums. One of the Commanders of the operation said, ‘‘Arepo can no longer contain them. Some of them have run to those state to hide in the riverine areas.’’
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er_a_OEukz4

NTA sha!

See NTA reporter; Mohammed abdulkadrid doing push up or his it press up...... grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
pic 1 Egyptian F-16 with Sparrows and M-9M or L or P.

pic 2 Egyptian F-16D block 40 #9811 from 262 TFB is loaded with four Sidewinder missiles, two Sparrow missiles and a full LANTIRN set which includes a FLIR pod

pic 3 Egyptian Fremm with an SH-2 Seasprite helo on the landing pad

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2016
SA Navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2016
Sudan elite unit soldiers training at the King Abdullah II Special Operations Training Center

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
Henry240:

I just hope we can deliver vessels on-time. I say 3 concurrent 46 meters vessels, delivered on schedule should be our target.

I was reading about Chile and their Naval shipbuilding, i mean what those guys are doing in there earthquake prone country is nothing short of beautiful. They build ships as large as LPD, and are currently building 85 meters OPVs, although they get technical assistance from Fassmer of Germany, nonetheless shipbuilding in that country is fantastic.

wow..lpd!!nice
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nigerian Air Force

Aftermath of operations against oil vandals filmed from a Nigerian Air Force helicopter, as Navy SBS carry out clearance operations and burning of oil thieves camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9mKHUMLE3s
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nigerian Air Force PR since march of this year has been top-notch. Great follow-up from the Air Force after Air operations.

The Navy used to be very PR friendly, however since the sacking of Rear Admiral Dele Ezeoba, the preceding Navy chiefs have been nowhere. Jibrin and Ikot-Abas need to overhaul their PR teams.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nigeria COIN

Nigerian Soldier

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
Rugged7

Arepo photos, you can see all security agencies are in the area.

- DSS, all-be-it, the Governors CPD

- Police

-Army

- NSCDC

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nigerian Air Force AW-109 LUH armed with a "Ma Deuce" 50 BMG

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:05am On Aug 04, 2016
Henry240:
I thought aluminium now is Turkish.

Bushmaster armoured vehicle looks good .

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 04, 2016
tdayof:

looks good ...what are d specs ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:23am On Aug 04, 2016
rawswag:
looks good ...what are d specs ?
Thales Bushmaster is a highly mobile, ballistic, mine and Improvised Explosive Device (IED) resistant Protected Mobility
Vehicle (PMV). Armament
The standard Bushmaster Thales is equipped with a remote weapon station, armed with a 5,56 mm or 12,7 mm machine gun. The Bushmaster can be also armed with three pintle mounted system for 5.56 mm or 7.62 mm machine guns.

Protection: Bushmaster has a unique level of
protection and survivability through its mobility and
monocoque vee-shaped armoured hull. Ballistic
and mine blast protection levels and options are
available upon request
Weapon mounts: Capable of fitting up to 3 weapon
systems - 1x front, 2x rear
• Remote weapon station up to 12.7 mm HMG or
40 mm Auto grenade launcher (front x 1), or
• Manned open turret up to 12.7 mm HMG or 40
mm AGL (front x 1), and
• Manned MG swing mounts for 5.56mm & 7.62
mm MG (front x 1 & rear x 2)
• with internal storage qualified for a range of
anti-armour weapons (84 mm & Javelin) and
mortar systems (81 mm).
Options:
250 l water tank, Alternator options (200, 280
and 400 Amp), Hydraulic winch, Remote weapon
station, Run flat inserts, Spare wheel, Swing mounts,
Generic vehicle architecture.
[img]http://www.eliteukforces.info/images/sas/bushmaster.jpg[/img]
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 04, 2016
tdayof:

Thales Bushmaster is a highly mobile, ballistic, mine and Improvised Explosive Device (IED) resistant Protected Mobility
Vehicle (PMV). Armament
The standard Bushmaster Thales is equipped with a remote weapon station, armed with a 5,56 mm or 12,7 mm machine gun. The Bushmaster can be also armed with three pintle mounted system for 5.56 mm or 7.62 mm machine guns.

Protection: Bushmaster has a unique level of
protection and survivability through its mobility and
monocoque vee-shaped armoured hull. Ballistic
and mine blast protection levels and options are
available upon request
Weapon mounts: Capable of fitting up to 3 weapon
systems - 1x front, 2x rear
• Remote weapon station up to 12.7 mm HMG or
40 mm Auto grenade launcher (front x 1), or
• Manned open turret up to 12.7 mm HMG or 40
mm AGL (front x 1), and
• Manned MG swing mounts for 5.56mm & 7.62
mm MG (front x 1 & rear x 2)
• with internal storage qualified for a range of
anti-armour weapons (84 mm & Javelin) and
mortar systems (81 mm).
Options:
250 l water tank, Alternator options (200, 280
and 400 Amp), Hydraulic winch, Remote weapon
station, Run flat inserts, Spare wheel, Swing mounts,
Generic vehicle architecture.
[img]http://www.eliteukforces.info/images/sas/bushmaster.jpg[/img]
this is good but needs a little more kink to it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 04, 2016
uganda MIG-21 Jet

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 04, 2016
tdayof:

AluminiumnowNG, Nigerian subsidiary. It's more like a consortium.

Thales Bushmaster from Australia, i don't really like the vehicle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:41am On Aug 04, 2016
africaken254:
uganda MIG-21 Jet
This Mig looks cool. Will be having engineering training on the F-7 variant by September.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:43am On Aug 04, 2016
Henry240:

AluminiumnowNG, Nigerian subsidiary. It's more like a consortium.

Thales Bushmaster from Australia, i don't really like the vehicle.
Yea. Thanks for the clarification. Saw it on their website that they offer their service through Nigeria Ship Building.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 04, 2016
OFF-TOPIC

The fourth OPV for Chilean Navy is to be launched on 3 August at ASMAR's shipyard in Talcahuano. Source:
Chilean Navy Chilean shipbuilder ASMAR (Astilleros y Maestranzas de la Armada) is to launch the fourth Patrullero de Zona Maritime (PZM) offshore patrol vessel for the Chilean Navy on 3 August, a navy spokesperson told IHS Jane's on 1 August.

Chile Independence : 1810

Chile Population : 18 million people

Chile GDP : $457 billion

Chile Per Capita : $25,000

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.