Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5978275 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
signz:

cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Reminds me of Ohakim, the former Gov of Imo state

Yeah, he and his brothers run the company.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
I'm sorry for my error. I left out a vital piece of information.

The IPV is armed and used by the Nigerian navy, it was not purchased by them.

https://beegeagle./2014/08/18/nns-tiger-p740-a-privately-contracted-patrol-craft-of-the-nigerian-navy/

https://beegeagle./2014/08/08/nns-sword-p747-a-40-metre-privately-contracted-patrol-craft-of-the-nigerian-navy-on-on-counterpiracy-operations/

The Links are some privately contracted Nigerian Naval patrol boats.

So we can say the IPV's are "50% Nigerian navy owned".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
overhypedsteve:
are they new? And how many units do we have sir?

We currently operate 3 units of this IPV.

The Nigerian Navy are to receive 5 IPV's from the same dutch company.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
giles14:
dis wondaful pls do u have d spec n origin of maker

Damen shipyards, the same company the Navy contracted to build 5 additional IPVs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by signz: 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
Henry120:

Yeah, he and his brothers run the company.

shocked shocked shocked

Ikedi Ohakim owns this Company?

That's good oh
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
SOF in Manda Naval Base in Lamu,Kenya where they are embeded with the navy.

The 2nd pic is US NAVY SEALs doing a joint excersize with there Kenyan counterparts at the manda bay naval training area, to demonstrate amphibious capability and launching ground attacks from the sea

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
AMISOM

UPDF

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
AMISOM

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:44am On Dec 17, 2014
Nigeria army orders polish beryl riffles, the first deals should be received in janaury next year 2015 : http://www.defensenews.com/article/20141216/DEFREG01/312160025/Nigerian-Defense-Ministry-Orders-Assault-Rifles-From-Poland?odyssey=nav%7Chead
And possible it might be the M762 version

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 17, 2014
bidexiii:
Nigeria army orders polish beryl riffles, the first deals should be received in janaury next year 2015 : http://www.defensenews.com/article/20141216/DEFREG01/312160025/Nigerian-Defense-Ministry-Orders-Assault-Rifles-From-Poland?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Good news, I just read it's the M762 version. We are also going to buy up to 5000 of them. Our version would for the more powerful 7.62mm round, unlike the weaker 5.56mm.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 10:55am On Dec 17, 2014
Henry120:

Good news, I just read it's the M762 version. We are also going to buy up to 5000 of them. Our version would for the more powerful 7.62mm round, unlike the weaker 5.56mm.
You think this is gonna replace the current AK 47 our army use or is this just for the NASF?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ChukwuCantDie: 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
NighttWalker:
You think this is gonna replace the current AK 47 our army use or is this just for the NASF?
5000 guns for 160000 men?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
NighttWalker:
or mayb a new special force brigade.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 1:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
bidexiii:
This is what I hate about sub-saharan armies why not just embark on a modernisation programme on existing rifles.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
ChukwuCantDie:
5000 guns for 160000 men?
And gradually replace the AK 47
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 1:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
giles14:
or mayb a new special force brigade.
I think your right but why don't the army get Scar or FAMAS these are great guns and I'm sure its better than this (beryl)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 1:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
Henry120:

We currently operate 3 units of this IPV.

The Nigerian Navy are to receive 5 IPV's from the same dutch company.
dats very good news. The security situation in the gulf of guinea is about to change.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 2:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
MikeCZAR:
This is what I hate about sub-saharan armies why not just embark on a modernisation programme on existing rifles.
that would take time. I am very sure this rifles are just meant to be used by the new special force brigade and our men being deployed to the north east. I am very sure DICON is working out something( probably a slicker variant of the AK74.) but our urgent demands have to be satisfied first. Wish we could arrange for some sort of skills transfer and capacity building agreement where the last batch of the rifles will be coupled here in Nigeria under licence.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
NighttWalker:

I don't think so at this point. It all depends on how well the rifle performs. This first batch of 1,000 units would go straight to N.A SF units. The remaining 5,000 additional units would be giving to N.A COIN based units.

Since we specifically asked for the 7.62mm Ammo, I see the army much later replacing the AK's with this rifle. It makes sense get the 7.62mm as we only recently completed installation of two 7.62mm production lines at DICON.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
MikeCZAR:
You r right mate,but the first order;1000 and probably 5000 should be for the special force . Time and ongoing war against BH as demanded a "better" weapon with range and precision against the porpular "OBJ" used and produced by DICON, the obj is rugged and dosent jamm but the terrain in the N.E needs a riffle with range with precision. But hey who knows if the beryl riffle proves its-self, the NA might get a licence to be producing it and as time goes on ,or we improve the current OBJ riffle .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
NighttWalker:
I think your right but why don't the army get Scar or FAMAS these are great guns and I'm sure its better than this (beryl)

I love the SCAR, it's a really amazing rifle, plus we already use the FN F2000 in Nigeria. As for the FAMAS, it is now outdated. The beryl has a range of 600 meters, that's impressive.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
bidexiii:

You r right mate,but the first order;1000 and probably 5000 should be for the special force . Time and ongoing war against BH as demanded a "better" weapon with range and precision against the porpular "OBJ" used and produced by DICON, the obj is rugged and dosent jamm but the terrain in the N.E needs a riffle with range with precision. But hey who knows if the beryl riffle proves its-self, the NA might get a licence to be producing it and as time goes on ,or we improve the current OBJ riffle .
Yes, but interim solutions become permanent ones in armed forces around the world.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
Henry120:

I love the SCAR, it's a really amazing rifle, plus we already use the FN F2000 in Nigeria. As for the FAMAS, it is now outdated. The beryl has a range of 600 meters, that's impressive.
The newer HK rifles are awesome though, even USA sf prefer them over American rifles.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nam special forces training

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
MikeCZAR:

A gradual replacement is fine by me. I doubt the Nigerian government would approve a wholesale purchase of 170,000 rifles in one fell swoop.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
MikeCZAR:
The newer HK rifles are awesome though, even USA sf prefer them over American rifles.

All NATO special forces use the HK 416 for their units. They usually combine the HK 416 and any other rifle.

The Russians also use the HK 417.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
I wonder howmany of these igirigi the NA now has, they might be in hundreds cos they r every where ?
The one in army green colour is of the presidential guards brigade.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Henry120:

A gradual replacement is fine by me. I doubt the Nigerian government would approve a wholesale purchase of 170,000 rifles in one fell swoop.
I concur.

Nigeria should look at local production, for its new standard assault rifle. It wouldn't make sense to buy 170 000+.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
Does anyone have pictures of Swazilands Military?,I have always wondered what they look like and can't seem to find any picures of it undecided
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
gottfried21:
Does anyone have pictures of Swazilands Military?,I have always wondered what they look like and can't seem to find any picures of it undecided

Does Swaziland have an army? I believe the SANDF should cover them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
Henry120:

lol no. They do have an army and air force.

Used most of the time to suppress protests.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Henry120:

I think they do,And probably used as extra muscle for the king

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.