Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,456 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5999454 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (2847) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 26, 2014
Nigeria COIN N.E

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by celeron40(m): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
Henry120:
Nigeria COIN N.E
Wow!..*at 1st pic*
Who new Nigeria had that! Ill stop visiting that Wiki page from now on..only God knows what is really in the N.A arsenal that went unlisted..Nice pics..keep them coming..also, what APC is that? Am sure its not a Steyr..it looks armed with a canon.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
IGIRIGI APC flanking a Bofors artillery.
COIN N.E

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
celeron40:
Wow!..*at 1st pic*
Who new Nigeria had that! Ill stop visiting that Wiki page from now on..only God knows what is really in the N.A arsenal that went unlisted..Nice pics..keep them coming..also, what APC is that? Am sure its not a Steyr..it looks armed with a canon.

It's a Steyr MT-LB armed with a 25mm cannon. The Enemy won't even know what him.

You should stop visiting wiki, I can only recommend you follow beegeagle..

That's an MGL the soldier in the first pick is carrying, I.Ding what particular type it is has been an herculean task. It is definitely not Milkor.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by realnas(m): 2:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
Henry120:
IGIRIGI APC flanking a Bofors artillery.
COIN N.E
oga henry merri xmas ,is it true that bh captured a bofors fh 77 wen they over ran mubi?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
realnas:
oga henry merri xmas ,is it true that bh captured a bofors fh 77 wen they over ran mubi?

I cannot confirm that story.

Merry Xmas Bro.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by celeron40(m): 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
Henry120:

It's a Steyr MT-LB armed with a 25mm cannon. The Enemy won't even know what him.

You should stop visiting wiki, I can only recommend you follow beegeagle..

That's an MGL the soldier in the first pick is carrying, I.Ding what particular type it is has been an herculean task. It is definitely not Milkor.

Steyr? I thought the MT-LB is Soviet made?..25mm..that's impressive..Its even a better package than a BMP-2 since it has a secondary weapon as an HMG..is that a DSHK on the Igirigi?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
celeron40:
Steyr? I thought the MT-LB is Soviet made?..25mm..that's impressive..Its even a better package than a BMP-2 since it has a secondary weapon as an HMG..is that a DSHK on the Igirigi?

Yeah, I always make the mistake of calling the MT-LB a Steyr 4K-7FA. They are indeed different.

The IGIRIGI's are armed with a DSHK.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2014
can someone compare the MI-35m helo to the apache? Do the same comparism between the T-72 and the Abrams.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 9:25am On Dec 27, 2014
craziebone:
can someone compare the MI-35m helo to the apache? Do the same comparism between the T-72 and the Abrams.
Don't know much about the MI-35m and Apache but little I know about tank I can tell u that u can't compare T-72 to Abrams as Abrams tank is wayy better but the Russian T-90 is one good tank that can be compared to Abrams
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by neighy(m): 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
craziebone:
Normally. MI 35 is MultiPurpose.. Can be used to ferry troops also Because of its Size... It'll only be fair to Compare the Apache AH-64 to the MI 28havoc Or the Kamov 50 and 52 ...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by neighy(m): 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
NighttWalker:
Don't know much about the MI-35m and Apache but little I know about tank I can tell u that u can't compare T-72 to Abrams as Abrams tank is wayy better but the Russian T-90 is one good tank that can be compared to Abrams
Yea
BTW... The T-90 seems to be better
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
neighy:
Yea
BTW... The T-90 seems to be better
T-90 is a good tank but isnt better than Abrams, T-90 is the only modern tank that has barely seen combat, relies too heavily on ERA armor, and is slower than any western tank or most modern tank
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
neighy:
Normally. MI 35 is MultiPurpose.. Can be used to ferry troops also Because of its Size... It'll only be fair to Compare the Apache AH-64 to the MI 28havoc Or the Kamov 50 and 52 ...
when it comes to attack helicopters the Apache will come out on top, as it has been tested numerous times in combat. Its combat record puts the helo on top of others in its class.

The E version has advanced data links, its co pilot can even control UAV(s).
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2014
NighttWalker:
T-90 is a good tank but isnt better than Abrams, T-90 is the only modern tank that has barely seen combat, relies too heavily on ERA armor, and is slower than any western tank or most modern tank
The T-90 combat record will always put the MBT below the Abrams and Challenger.

Opinion: According to me the Russians have never produced any good tank since the world war 2 T-34 tank. All their tanks which came after the T-34 have performed bad in combat.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by neighy(m): 7:41am On Dec 28, 2014
MikeCZAR:
when it comes to attack helicopters the Apache will come out on top, as it has been tested numerous times in combat. Its combat record puts the helo on top of others in its class.

The E version has advanced data links, its co pilot can even control UAV(s).
The Radar makes it almost Impossible to Miss a Target.. It also automatically Searches for Target...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by neighy(m): 7:42am On Dec 28, 2014
NighttWalker:
Reasons??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by celeron40(m): 10:54am On Dec 28, 2014
MikeCZAR:

Opinion: According to me the Russians have never produced any good tank since the world war 2 T-34 tank. All their tanks which came after the T-34 have performed bad in combat.
Yeah, in the hands of poorly-trained Iraqis, Syrians and Egyptians..The T-55 was an excellent tank, lightweight and easy to operate..Its size made it very fast in tank country too..Yet the Israelis blew them up in droves..The 1st Gulf war to was a disaster to Soviet made equipment,,the reason remains that they were manned not by Soviets and Russians but conscript militaries whose government's paranoia did not allow them let their militaries be well trained..Now our T-72s are tearing up Boko Haram columns in the North East..There is nothing wrong with Soviet tanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
neighy:
The Radar makes it almost Impossible to Miss a Target.. It also automatically Searches for Target...
The Russian MI-28 also has radar.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
celeron40:
Yeah, in the hands of poorly-trained Iraqis, Syrians and Egyptians..The T-55 was an excellent tank, lightweight and easy to operate..Its size made it very fast in tank country too..Yet the Israelis blew them up in droves..The 1st Gulf war to was a disaster to Soviet made equipment,,the reason remains that they were manned not by Soviets and Russians but conscript militaries whose government's paranoia did not allow them let their militaries be well trained..Now our T-72s are tearing up Boko Haram columns in the North East..There is nothing wrong with Soviet tanks.
Soviet and Cuban soldiers manned them at times in Angola, still they performed badly.

Again you should look at the design of Soviet tanks, they're highly likely to blow up when hit. Killing the crew. Chances of survival in Russian armoured vehicles or tanks is quite low, as they're built to be operated in numbers. This comes from their experience in world war 2. "Quantity has a certain quality"

With Nigeria's case and BH, you can't use such war to judge how good it(T-72) is. Causee BH doesn't have modern main battle tanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
MikeCZAR:

FirsTly u can never compare d T72 with any of d abrams !
When u want to compare the abrams u compare it with the T90, then I'll go for the T90 !
Both are the same generation tanks that as not witness enough combat, compared to the british challenger wich as the highest number of tank kills.
The only advantage the abrams have over the T-90 is its soft skin armor. The abram performed poorly in "operation desert storm" because d abrams was too heavy and d desert spoilt the tank wheels must of them never got to the tank battle and that was why the bradley IFV as the highest numbers of tank kill than the abrams,sure the abrams as a lot of electronics on it that makes it a dangerous killer but its weight is a big flop and that's why its no more in production and its far too espensive.
By 2020 we might not be seeing any abrams the american goverment will av introduced the "Ground fighting vehicle"; something more lighter that comes with better body amor and more affordable and cheap to maintain.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
Nigeria Random.

Service chiefs and the former IGP

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
Amisom special forces from the KDF, part of somalia's President Security detail.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
craziebone:
Let me paint a picture for you, seems most of the chaps here know little about modern day hardware.

Apache vs MI-35m
Result: The MI-35m would be like a large sitting duck. The apache would score kills over and over in any posssible scenario you try to pitch it against the Mil. Nothing short of a flawless victory.

Abrams vs T-72
Result: seriously The T-series are badasses, but this is just one battle the T-72 would lose, it is just too reliant on its kontakt armor.

Come to think of it the T-90 is touted as a mean killing machine, the question is has it been tested in the most hostile of territories against a mean sized number of anti-tank hardwares.
Answer is NO.
So while the T-90 is cheap, light, rugged, fast and urban minded, given a choice to go into battle with either the Abrams or T-90 I'd choose the abrams.
Because even the Catherine sight on the T-90 is of no use.
Modern warfare is all about first see, first kill...I would appreciate the added luxury of seeing far beyond my turret and painting targets even before they start steaming.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 12:25am On Dec 29, 2014
Let just be clear....if United state uses its Abrams vs Angola's T90's then its a win for Abrams MBT, but if Russia use its T90 vs and lets say Angola uses Abrams as it MBT , than its a win for T90....thats all the comparism
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 1:07am On Dec 29, 2014
jteku:
Let just be clear....if United state uses its Abrams vs Angola's T90's then its a win for Abrams MBT, but if Russia use its T90 vs and lets say Angola uses Abrams as it MBT , than its a win for T90....thats all the comparism
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 1:08am On Dec 29, 2014
jteku:
Very valid point, buying and upgrading machines and neglecting the man that would man the machine is wasteful.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 1:11am On Dec 29, 2014
A Motswana soldier in Somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by neighy(m): 7:42am On Dec 29, 2014
MikeCZAR:
The Russian MI-28 also has radar.
the Havoc not so bad Either... Nor the Kamov-52
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by neighy(m): 7:50am On Dec 29, 2014
bidexiii:

FirsTly u can never compare d T72 with any of d abrams !
When u want to compare the abrams u compare it with the T90, then I'll go for the T90 !
Both are the same generation tanks that as not witness enough combat, compared to the british challenger wich as the highest number of tank kills.
The only advantage the abrams have over the T-90 is its soft skin armor. The abram performed poorly in "operation desert storm" because d abrams was too heavy and d desert spoilt the tank wheels must of them never got to the tank battle and that was why the bradley IFV as the highest numbers of tank kill than the abrams,sure the abrams as a lot of electronics on it that makes it a dangerous killer but its weight is a big flop and that's why its no more in production and its far too espensive.
By 2020 we might not be seeing any abrams the american goverment will av introduced the "Ground fighting vehicle"; something more lighter that comes with better body amor and more affordable and cheap to maintain.
FacT... The abrams are very expensive so if they were to be a war between russia and the west it would be like 5000 T-90's against 2000 abrams...
So It will be like 3T-90 to 1abram
They believe in Quantity Of Which they'll be favored... They produce cheap to have more...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:59am On Dec 29, 2014
M14A1:

Let me paint a picture for you, seems most of the chaps here know little about modern day hardware.

Apache vs MI-35m
Result: The MI-35m would be like a large sitting duck. The apache would score kills over and over in any posssible scenario you try to pitch it against the Mil. Nothing short of a flawless victory.

Abrams vs T-72
Result: seriously The T-series are badasses, but this is just one battle the T-72 would lose, it is just too reliant on its kontakt armor.

Come to think of it the T-90 is touted as a mean killing machine, the question is has it been tested in the most hostile of territories against a mean sized number of anti-tank hardwares.
Answer is NO.
So while the T-90 is cheap, light, rugged, fast and urban minded, given a choice to go into battle with either the Abrams or T-90 I'd choose the abrams.
Because even the Catherine sight on the T-90 is of no use.
Modern warfare is all about first see, first kill...I would appreciate the added luxury of seeing far beyond my turret and painting targets even before they start steaming.

For heaven sake why would you compare the apache with Mi-35 that is total wickedness ; if you want to do the right comparisom then compare the
Ka-52 kamov(allegator) or the Mi-28NE(Night hunter) ... That's the right comparisom though the mi-35 as being tested over time, people don't understand yet that the apache is an attack helicopter because its light and it can do maneauvers while the MI-35 is a Gunship, its a troop transport helo armed with canoons and rockets , and it can be used as support for infantry men and CION operation who does not av handheld SAM's ! In conclusion the apache is a full fled attack helo while the mi-35 hind is a multi-role functional helo.
Second on the abrams and T-90 issue I totally disagree with you that the Catheine sight on the T-90 is useless says Who .? Do u think the russians r like us,that will spend millions of naira on something and it will be useless at the end of the day, russians don't don't waste money on anything that will be useless. Here is a link that would confuse you on the T-90 vs abrams and I want you to read the session talking about the catherine sight on the T-90 very well : http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/what-america-can-learn-from-russias-cheap-but-deadly-t-1540829820
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2014
An Unfamiliar N.A APC with cage armour.

Beegeagle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (2847) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Exjoker(m), oyinpr(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.