Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (876) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5967907 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
DROP YOUR CRAZY ARGUMENTS

N POST PICS .

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 10:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
Tinfoil:

I don't like your insinuation. At least my posts are African related. This off topics B.S. derails the thread, especially Africaken, she is the worst violator
I'm not insinuating anything Buddy. Your antecedent on this thread speaks volume.
Your post(s) might be africa related but they are way posted in mockery of 'some' african militaries which suggest you are more attuned and symphatetic to terrorists course(especially that of Al-shabab).
I believe we are both dwelling on Patches assertion(s) rather than Africaken's. And BTW, is Africaken a Female?
Hope you aint offended Sire?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
Una!! How market o Will u stop dx sh1t and post pictures!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
Patchesagain:
***OFF TOPIC***

Weekly M.E round-up!

Iraqi columns getting wrecked in Mosul by VBIEDS - it seems the Iraqi's have never heard of the First Chechen war (or the battle for Grozny). Either way, very difficult threat to counter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvv5bpwqvAY

Shows just how close the frontlines at Dez-Azzure Airbase are, Syrian Arab Airforce Jets getting taken out by ATGM fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a9H1dXPM9U
The terrorists can keep on trying but the Iraqi army has just pushed through to the Tigris river. Funny the cannon fodders used in suicide attacks do not think of the fear of their own leaders who push them, but then try to scamper away when it's their turn to die.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
tdayof:

Visit of Senegal Delegation to PAC
02 Nov, 2015 - A 09 members VIP delegation Led by H.E. Mr. Mankeur NDIAYE, Foreign Minister of Senegal visited Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra on 02 November, 2015. The delegation was received by Air Marshal Javaid Ahmed, Chairman PACB Kamra. A brief presentation was given to the visiting team, presenting the products, services and capabilities of PAC Kamra. A brief question-answer session was carried out during the presentation. Areas of mutual interests and benefits were discussed. The briefing was followed by a tour to PAC Facilities. The delegation also acknowledged that Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra is fully equipped with manufacturing and aviation facilities. Both countries are looking forward for further expansion in relationships.

Thank you for the explanation.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
hi guys where is everybody ?
looks like this time henry240 himself got confiscated grin grin
last time it was his mobile phone that got confiscated grin grin

lol mi35 ver Rooivalk contest going on.... grin grin grin grin

let me take some pot shots at it provided i dont get killed by counter fire grin

MI 35 is troopship/gunship combo , highly suitable for low - medium threat environment.

Rooivalk is a dedicated AH suitable for high threat environment.

if a Apache attacks a MI 35 and a Rooivalk which one will have a higher survival chance (neglect the pilot skills ) ?

MI35 and Rooivalk r not even in the same category as i pointed out above.

i would use MI 35 for creation/sanitation of LZ inside hostile territory , special heliborne operations , Counter-insurgency operations , combat search and rescue operations. and if i dont have a dedicated attack helicopter then i would have to use MI35 for Counter Surface Force Operations.

i would use Rooivalk for destruction of Enemy Air Defenses (DEAD) missions , high intensity Counter Surface Force Operations , air defense against helicopters and UAVs, high altitude warfare , recon/scout role

during kargil war MI35 was found useless since it could not operate at high altitude angry

again MI35 is a beast - a sponge for taking punishment and surviving grin

nobody can compare a MACHETE(MI35) and a RAPIER(Rooivalk) grin
different design philosophy , different niche roles with some overlapping capabilities limited by the user skill/tactics etc

i also left out pilot skills , tactics and other things which can turn the tables on either side grin grin grin grin

would any of u waste time comparing the gorgeous 'out of reach' ladies/gals grin grin
or just look at them appreciate them and enjoy them.
(and start making plans on how to get em grin )

just do the same for weapons cool

jln115:

The highest service ceiling of any AH in the world
The highest hover of any AH in the world

i think the highest service ceiling/hover now belongs to another attack helicopter grin

guys thats it, see u next Sunday grin

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 2:44am On Jan 09, 2017
Trying so hard not to engage on the Rooivalk v Mi35 argument

Now I know how some peacekeepers must feel...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 3:16am On Jan 09, 2017
I JUST WANT TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT THIS IS A PHOTO AND VIDEO THREAD ONLY! PLEASE TAKE THE HELICOPTER DISCUSSION TO THE RELEVANT THREAD

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 09, 2017
nemesis2u:
hi guys where is everybody ?
looks like this time henry240 himself got confiscated grin grin
last time it was his mobile phone that got confiscated grin grin

lol mi35 ver Rooivalk contest going on.... grin grin grin grin

let me take some pot shots at it provided i dont get killed by counter fire grin

MI 35 is troopship/gunship combo , highly suitable for low - medium threat environment.

Rooivalk is a dedicated AH suitable for high threat environment.

if a Apache attacks a MI 35 and a Rooivalk which one will have a higher survival chance (neglect the pilot skills ) ?

MI35 and Rooivalk r not even in the same category as i pointed out above.

i would use MI 35 for creation/sanitation of LZ inside hostile territory , special heliborne operations , Counter-insurgency operations , combat search and rescue operations. and if i dont have a dedicated attack helicopter then i would have to use MI35 for Counter Surface Force Operations.

i would use Rooivalk for destruction of Enemy Air Defenses (DEAD) missions , high intensity Counter Surface Force Operations , air defense against helicopters and UAVs, high altitude warfare , recon/scout role

during kargil war MI35 was found useless since it could not operate at high altitude angry

again MI35 is a beast - a sponge for taking punishment and surviving grin

nobody can compare a MACHETE(MI35) and a RAPIER(Rooivalk) grin
different design philosophy , different niche roles with some overlapping capabilities limited by the user skill/tactics etc

i also left out pilot skills , tactics and other things which can turn the tables on either side grin grin grin grin

would any of u waste time comparing the gorgeous 'out of reach' ladies/gals grin grin
or just look at them appreciate them and enjoy them.
(and start making plans on how to get em grin )

just do the same for weapons cool

i think the highest service ceiling/hover now belongs to another attack helicopter grin

guys thats it, see u next Sunday grin
Nope! no AH even comes close to the Rooivalks out-of-ground effect hover ceiling!

"It has outstanding "hot and high" performance, illustrated by its 5,545m "out-of-ground effect" hover ceiling (the height at which it can hover without the cushion of air caused by rotor downwash). The next best is the US Apache (3,866m), followed by the Russian Mi-28 and Ka-52 (3,600m); the Franco-German Tiger (3,200m) and the Chinese WZ-10 (2,000m). The Rooivalk also has the highest cruise speed, the best rate of climb and the best range/weapons load performance, and shares with the Tiger the best power to weight ratio, all factors critical in operations and combat."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/rsa/rooivalk-mk2.htm

Honestly if i had to pick an AH to fight for MY life on African soil.....Ill take the Rooivalk over the Apache any day of the week!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 9:59am On Jan 09, 2017
IbnSultaan:
DROP YOUR CRAZY ARGUMENTS

N POST PICS .

.... they removed the 20mm?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 09, 2017
Why do you people post pictures and videos? To compare militaries? To admire Machineries or Boredom?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:15am On Jan 09, 2017
Brightwood:
Why do you people post pictures and videos? To compare militaries? To admire Machineries or Boredom?

Correct
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:48am On Jan 09, 2017
Nigerian Air Force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
nemesis2u:

Sunday grin

And who says the MI-35M can't conduct DEAD and SEAD missions, you? The MI-35M carries ATGMs and Anti-Air missiles. It is faster, heavier, proven and an advanced combat system.

Improvements have been made in the MI-35m which include main and tail rotor improvements for it to operate effectively in Mountainous and high altitude environments. Afghan helos operate in those environments without incidence.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
Brightwood:
all of the above.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
Nigerian infantry rifles

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
KAF Maintenance hanger at Moi airbase

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
UPDF Air Force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
Chadian and Norwegian peacekeepers in Mali

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
KAF- Laikipia Airbase

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2017
Brightwood:
+ reversing perspectives that african militaries are ill equipped

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
kabe1:

And who says the MI-35M can't conduct DEAD and SEAD missions, you? The MI-35M carries ATGMs and Anti-Air missiles. It is faster, heavier, proven and an advanced combat system.

Improvements have been made in the MI-35m which include main and tail rotor improvements for it to operate effectively in Mountainous and high altitude environments. Afghan helos operate in those environments without incidence.

kabe1:

Your article clearly states upgraded MI-24s. I'm saying the Russians are buying more and more new build MI-35m's. Most of the attack helicopter combat sorties in Syria are carried out by MI-24/MI-35m helicopters.

My point has been that all of them are attack helicopters. The MI-24 carrying a small load doesn't negate this fact. The MI-28 can also carry 3 extra men, does this mean it's not a dedicated attack helicopter, like some of you gentlemen would like to claim?

my reply is here https://www.nairaland.com/3220297/technical-discussions-international-military-equipments/103

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 7:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
Captain Victor Ugochukwu Ulasi. Medical doctor. Graduate of UNN. Husband and father of 3. Killed by Boko Haram in Yobe on Sat
RIP

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2017
"It has outstanding "hot and high" performance, illustrated by its 5,545m "out-of-ground effect" hover ceiling (the height at which it can hover without the cushion of air caused by rotor downwash). The next best is the US Apache (3,866m), followed by the Russian Mi-28 and Ka-52 (3,600m); the Franco-German Tiger (3,200m) and the Chinese WZ-10 (2,000m).[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

With this statistics above does that mean Rooivalk is better than an Apache or MI-28 or Ka-52
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:07pm On Jan 09, 2017
rugged7:
Captain Victor Ugochukwu Ulasi. Medical doctor. Graduate of UNN. Husband and father of 3. Killed by Boko Haram in Yobe on Sat
RIP

RIP Captain.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
Thank you all for your answers, Really Appreciate the feedback.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
Senegalese troops

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
SAAF oryx in CAR?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Senegalese troops

Always looking gallant.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gees9: 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
SAAF oryx in CAR?

Must be DRC if in UN colours, but not 100% sure
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
jteku:
"It has outstanding "hot and high" performance, illustrated by its 5,545m "out-of-ground effect" hover ceiling (the height at which it can hover without the cushion of air caused by rotor downwash). The next best is the US Apache (3,866m), followed by the Russian Mi-28 and Ka-52 (3,600m); the Franco-German Tiger (3,200m) and the Chinese WZ-10 (2,000m).[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

With this statistics above does that mean Rooivalk is better than an Apache or MI-28 or Ka-52
In terms of raw flight performance it indeed is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.