Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam (2328 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / List of Notable Converts to Islam from Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by arsenalwenger: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
Happy ramadan to my muslim brothers and sisters. As most of us are aware, there is a recent controversy on the conversion of a pastor's daughter to islam. However the father wants to have the custody of his daughter even though she is old enough to take personal decisions.

I would like my muslim brothers\sisters to advise if it is approriate to go back to her parents or take refuge in a govt lodge (if her life is threatened) or remain in etsu nupe's custody for her to practice her religion.

Moreover, is it islamic for a man who is not the biological father of a lady to marry off a lady to a man, even if the biological parents object to it.

Please i need a mature response.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
the one who can give muslim woman aware in marriage is always a muslim male; blood relation or not. the bride who has no male muslim relation will have a muslim male of her choice as 'wali or wakil' who will give her away. islam is specific in all matters of worship and marriage is worship because helps those in it to be better if they are sincere in the relationship, focusing on the Order of God.

as to a grown person who consciously chose Islam, there is no reason for her parents to want her out of islam. there is no reason for the muslim community to turn one of their own over to a person or people bloodline or not that are enemies of Islam and wish to harm the muslim person.

lets call a spade what it is. the father of the muslim woman will do her in forgetting that she has her rights and one of that is religious obligations, the right to accept or reject guidance. the woman because she is grown needs to be treated as grown and just because you the father does not give you power or right to trample on her decision.

she is a mmuslim now. and if the muslims of nigeria were organized, she would not need her father for nothing and she will protected from his hands and all intentions of depriving her of her inert quality; submission to God.

i admire the yorubas who will not arm twist. at least not this openly. i know a woman in obodo america whose igbo parents in spite of their education and living in yankee are behaving just like this pastor.

people should see something about a new way of life of their people. is this person better or worse than before? a woman who is covered up abandoning being over exposed should be admired for effort and decision to do so. not insist that she must leave the 'enemy' camp, when in reality islam is not enemy, except disbelief is enemy of Islam.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by arsenalwenger: 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
RoyPCain: the one who can give muslim woman aware in marriage is always a muslim male; blood relation or not. the bride who has no male muslim relation will have a muslim male of her choice as 'wali or wakil' who will give her away. islam is specific in all matters of worship and marriage is worship because helps those in it to be better if they are sincere in the relationship, focusing on the Order of God.

as to a grown person who consciously chose Islam, there is no reason for her parents to want her out of islam. there is no reason for the muslim community to turn one of their own over to a person or people bloodline or not that are enemies of Islam and wish to harm the muslim person.

lets call a spade what it is. the father of the muslim woman will do her in forgetting that she has her rights and one of that is religious obligations, the right to accept or reject guidance. the woman because she is grown needs to be treated as grown and just because you the father does not give you power or right to trample on her decision.

she is a mmuslim now. and if the muslims of nigeria were organized, she would not need her father for nothing and she will protected from his hands and all intentions of depriving her of her inert quality; submission to God.

i admire the yorubas who will not arm twist. at least not this openly. i know a woman in obodo america whose igbo parents in spite of their education and living in yankee are behaving just like this pastor.

people should see something about a new way of life of their people. is this person better or worse than before? a woman who is covered up abandoning being over exposed should be admired for effort and decision to do so. not insist that she must leave the 'enemy' camp, when in reality islam is not enemy, except disbelief is enemy of Islam.
Ok. What if the family will not harm her and even agreed to sign an undertaking to that effect. Do u still think it is appropriate for her to remain in etsu nupe's house? Do u think there is any known incidence whereby in the eastern part of Nigeria someone loses his\her for changing religion?

Dont you think that it is psychologically devastating for parents not to have easy acess to their children no matter what might have happend?

I think if there is a security threat to ones life, in a civilized environment, the police or paramilitary should take custody and not a powerful individual. What if the lady is the president's daughter, do u think etsu nupe will take custody of her? These are just my thought.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 07, 2013
the daughter of the president should have the freedom of choice of religion when she is an adult. a child has no such freedom so following papa's religion does not mean it will be the same when girl becomes a woman. chelsea clinton married and converted to judaism. that tells you freedom is important for adult, while the clintons are still christians.

there should not be the responsibility of the 'authorities' to keep the custody of the daughter from her father, especially when she says i dont trust him and i have made my choice. the responsibility of the authorities is to be sure that she is safe, as a citizen to continue with her choice and her father has no single right to pressure her, whatsoever. you know i dont let my spouse 'knee' as in kun le for my folks. there is rule to follow;obey your parents until they ask you to disobey God, so you must disobey them instead if you are a believer.

i know igbo in america whose parents have made it hell on her if not in christianity but remain in islam. they cut off education for the student doctor while both parents are doctors themselves. imagine if they are in nigeria. they would not do less than to harm their own child because of their hatred of islma.

a parents that is having a bad relationship with child so much so that he will sign docs to be able to get adult child to talk or come home with him is not to be trusted because he will not hesitate to waste the child instead of learning and observing her new way. only backward mentality of third world society will be pursuing a grown up child like the pastor is doing. 18 years old is an adult. anyone older than that should not have to go to that extend to prevent extreme hard time from the hand of papa. empty papa should free my sister, abeg
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by deols(f): 3:42am On Aug 07, 2013
WE are not talking of a 13 yr old here. The woman is 25 for God's sake. I wonder what the father wants to do with her when elsewhere, 19 y.olds already live away from home.

I assume the Etsu's palace is large. There is usually a side of the house for women. That should be where she lives.

When she's ready for marriage, the Etsu can be her wali.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 4:12am On Aug 07, 2013
arsenalwenger: Dont you think that it is psychologically devastating for parents not to have easy acess to their children no matter what might have happend?
Further this idea of psychological trauma applies both ways
But the parents and other members of the family can find comfort in one another's company
But what about the psychological devastation to the girl deprived of biological family's love because she converted

You have to remember that parents also put up with similar feelings when their daughters marry and have to live far away
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Mintayo(m): 4:24am On Aug 07, 2013
deols: WE are not talking of a 13 yr old here. The woman is 25 for God's sake. I wonder what the father wants to do with her when elsewhere, 19 y.olds already live away from home.

I assume the Etsu's palace is large. There is usually a side of the house for women. That should be where she lives.

just curious,pls what is d meanin of WALI?
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by nextpart(m): 9:23am On Aug 07, 2013
What would have happened if the opposite is the case, i.e a muslim girl converting to Christianity?
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Mintayo(m): 11:25am On Aug 07, 2013
deols: WE are not talking of a 13 yr old here. The woman is 25 for God's sake. I wonder what the father wants to do with her when elsewhere, 19 y.olds already live away from home.

I am sure u r a yoruba lady,no?

when u r ready to get married,will u allow someone's else to take d place of ur parents? To act as ur wali when ur parents r still alive?

Or when u 'grow up' and have kids and ur kid wana get married,will u allow somebody else to take ur place as ur child's WALI(custodian,guardian,parents)?
Does islam allow this?
This is kinda interesting!
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by deols(f): 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
Mintayo:

just curious,pls what is d meanin of WALI?

Wali means guardian. In relation to marriage, it refers to the person who gives the lady out in marriage.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by deols(f): 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
Mintayo:
I am sure u r a yoruba lady,no?

when u r ready to get married,will u allow someone's else to take d place of ur parents? To act as ur wali when ur parents r still alive?

Or when u 'grow up' and have kids and ur kid wana get married,will u allow somebody else to take ur place as ur child's WALI(custodian,guardian,parents)?
Does islam allow this?
This is kinda interesting!

If you are here to judge Islam, I have no time to respond to you. If you want to learn, you'll have to ask politely.

This case is not the usual. I am sure the lady in question wishes that her parents are Muslims and are the ones giving her out in marriage.

But if they are not and are threatening her life, it becomes important that someone else acts on their behalf. If they allow peace, there should be no reason to deny them presence at their daughter's wedding.

That someone else becomes wali can happen even if the parents are Muslims. If they wont allow her to marry a righteous man, if for any reason her being under them is a threat to her doing the right thing, someone else can be made to take their place.

So, you can stop whining already.

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Mintayo(m): 10:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
deols:
If you are here to judge Islam, I have no time to respond to you. If you want to learn, you'll have to ask politely.

This case is not the usual. I am sure the lady in question wishes that her parents are Muslims and are the ones giving her out in marriage.

But if they are not and are threatening her life, it becomes important that someone else acts on their behalf. If they allow peace, there should be no reason to deny them presence at their daughter's wedding.

That someone else becomes wali can happen even if the parents are Muslims. If they wont allow her to marry a righteous man, if for any reason her being under them is a threat to her doing the right thing, someone else can be made to take their place.

i am sorry if i am whining,but you have not really answerd my question.

The joy of every parents is to give their child/ward in hand to marriage!
Do u think it is proper IN ANY circumstances,that they should be replaced or someone else take over their role?
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Mintayo(m): 10:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
deols:

Do u think it is proper IN ANY circumstances,that they should be replaced or someone else take over their role?

I will leave u with ur thought!
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2013
deols:

I dont know ur tribe or religion. But if u r a lady, will u allow another man to give u out in marriage irrespective of wat happen bw u and ur father? Minus xtainity and Islam, we Africans have culture peculiar to our society and environment. And our tradition mandate it that the father of the bride should give her daughter out in marriage. Cos the father raised\tutored the bride from childhood and he has evry right for his emotion and right be respectd on issues that bothers his children.

Besides, as regards the custody of the girl still at etsu nupe's palace, even while the sharia court has vacated the case and askd the girl to unite\settle with her family, i think it is socially and morally wrong for the girl to remain at etsu nupe's palace. No parent will approve of that, etsu nupe will never accept that.

On the issue of the girl's life being threatened, i believ it is a fear created to further create enmity in the family. If the girl's life is presumed threatend, the govt house or even military baracks should have been the most morally decent place to keep custody of the lady.

My fear is that ther might be certain things the public might knw if the girl is released to the public cos the lady will definitely relate some of her experince while at the palace.

The matter will further aggravate if the lady becomes pregnant while at etsu nupe's palace which i strongly suspect cos a man (boyfriend\manfriend) is surely acting behind the scene. Just my thinking.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by tpia5: 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2013
if the lady becomes pregnant then she/her associates can decide what her next step will be from there.

she's grown.

at most she'll born the pikin, not so?

i hope it wasnt her quest for a man which got her into this situation anyway, nothing new really.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by deols(f): 10:36pm On Aug 08, 2013
true2god: I dont know ur tribe or religion. But if u r a lady, will u allow another man to give u out in marriage irrespective of wat happen bw u and ur father? Minus xtainity and Islam, we Africans have culture peculiar to our society and environment. And our tradition mandate it that the father of the bride should give her daughter out in marriage. Cos the father raised\tutored the bride from childhood and he has evry right for his emotion and right be respectd on issues that bothers his children.

Besides, as regards the custody of the girl still at etsu nupe's palace, even while the sharia court has vacated the case and askd the girl to unite\settle with her family, i think it is socially and morally wrong for the girl to remain at etsu nupe's palace. No parent will approve of that, etsu nupe will never accept that.

On the issue of the girl's life being threatened, i believ it is a fear created to further create enmity in the family. If the girl's life is presumed threatend, the govt house or even military baracks should have been the most morally decent place to keep custody of the lady.

My fear is that ther might be certain things the public might knw if the girl is released to the public cos the lady will definitely relate some of her experince while at the palace.

The matter will further aggravate if the lady becomes pregnant while at etsu nupe's palace which i strongly suspect cos a man (boyfriend\manfriend) is surely acting behind the scene. Just my thinking.

I didnt read all you wrote. I stand by what I wrote previously. The lady in question is grown up and I believe is wise enough to know what is good for her.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by vedaxcool(m): 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2013
Mintayo:

i am sorry if i am whining,but you have not really answerd my question.

Circumstances
1: parents re mentally incapacitated
2: parent r proven criminals who r into running a prostitution cartel
3: parents r dead
4: parent threaten child with violence
5: parent attempts to force child into a marriage that is against their consent

So many scenarios.

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 1:29am On Aug 09, 2013
nextpart: What would have happened if the opposite is the case, i.e a muslim girl converting to Christianity?
Christian boast all the time that they convert muslims to christianity in droves
At other times they claim that conversion of muslims to christianity leads to serious acts of violence against the convertees
Which of the two claims are we to believe?
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 1:40am On Aug 09, 2013
true2god: I dont know ur tribe or religion. But if u r a lady, will u allow another man to give u out in marriage irrespective of wat happen bw u and ur father? Minus xtainity and Islam, we Africans have culture peculiar to our society and environment. And our tradition mandate it that the father of the bride should give her daughter out in marriage. Cos the father raised\tutored the bride from childhood and he has evry right for his emotion and right be respectd on issues that bothers his children.

I have seen Muslims convert to Christianity. When the parents object the way the parent of the girl are doing here, I don't see the church being so concerned about the niceties you describe here

true2god:

Based on this single incident, CAN president has gone to the press to claim that MuslimS kidnap Christian girlS and marry THEM off. Note the plurals. So they have raised the stakes
If the girl was kidnapped, why is the police not involved? We know the IGP reports to the president and we know that the CAN president is close to the president. There is law against kidnapping. It does not apply to underage people alone

true2god:

Another Igbo girl who converted claimed she spoke with her

https://www.nairaland.com/1383705/it-wrong-play-politics-religion#17218448
faroukbabs:
When I read the story of Charity in Weekly Trust, I was surprised because we are talking of somebody who is 25-year old; if you look at it she is a full-fledged adult. She is a woman in any ramification and for me the question is, can a 25-year old woman be abducted against her will? And I looked at a personality like Etsu Nupe, abducting somebody. Why would he want to do a thing like that? I spoke with the young woman, I got in touch with her and I talked with her, we had series of discussion. And the first question I asked her was, Charity (Aisha), Between you and your God, did anybody force you to accept Islam?” She told me, “No. I got convinced and I wanted to become a Muslim and I am still praying that my parents allow me”, that was what she was telling me.

I decided to find out because if somebody forces you into the religion, I don’t think you would practice it very well. I asked Aisha, did somebody force you, she said “no”, I asked her repeatedly, that she should sleep over it; she slept, the very next day she sent me text messages saying, “Mummy nobody forced me to accept Islam. I accepted Islam because I saw Muslims and I loved the religion and I want to be practising the religion”. Even during this Ramadan period, I asked if she was fasting, and she said yes.
So, I see it as a kind of playing politics with religion but the religion goes beyond politics.

http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php/new-news/13505-it-is-wrong-to-play-politics-with-religion-says-igbo-convert
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 9:45am On Aug 09, 2013
deols:

I didnt read all you wrote. I stand by what I wrote previously. The lady in question is grown up and I believe is wise enough to know what is good for her.
thenationonlineng.net/new/my-daughter-was-crying-when-we-saw-her/

I think u should read the link i posted, it is her father's account of the story.

My point is this, if someone convert to Islam, must he practice at etsu nupe's palace? I dont think u understand the bond that exist bw a daughter and a father, otherwise u wont talk this way.

If someone's life is threatened i believe the best place to seek refuge, legally and morally, is the govt house or barracks or any govt security institution.

This is purely against the law of naturally justice. Take for instance ur unmarried daughter converts to xtainity and take refuge at Pastor Adeboye's house, wil u say she should remain there while ther are many churches on the street where she can worship? Lets forget sentiment here. On the article, the father said the girl agreed to go with her only for 2 men to held her back thats only the emir that can ask her to go. That means that even Goodluck Jonathan cannot free the girl from the emir. Thats morally bad. The father even agreed to sign an under-takin that nothing will happen to her daughter, yet this is not convincin enof to let the girl go.

If anything is to go by, we can say the girl is under captivity cos she is not enjoying her freedom anymore. The only solution is to allow the girl go home and practice her Islam freely if there is nothing suspicios of the emir.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Mintayo(m): 10:05am On Aug 09, 2013
vedaxcool:

Circumstances

So many scenarios.

Charity's parents did not fall into any of these 'ur scenarios'!
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Mintayo(m): 10:13am On Aug 09, 2013
deols:

yes true,charity is grown up,bt d fact is that, it is wrong for d emir to take d role of the parents as a wali or whatever u call it...we will all bcome parents some day!
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by vedaxcool(m): 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
vedaxcool:

Circumstances

So many scenarios.

https://www.nairaland.com/1375318/aisha-uzoechina-says-she-not

How did your father come to know about
your change of faith?
When I ran to the palace, I told you, it was
very difficult before I could see the Emir.
When I saw him, the emir refused to accept
me, because my father did not know about it.
He, therefore, collected my father’s number
from me and called him. The following day my
father came and said he wanted to see me.
When we met we talked one on one.

What did you tell him?
Well the emir told him that I have converted to
Islam. When my father talked to me, he said
let’s go home, but I refused. I told him that I
will not change my faith, because I have
already accepted Islam and this is where I
want to stay. He, therefore, threatened me so
much so that I became scared of him.

What did he do to you amounting to a
threat?
In the first place you know, I put on Hijab
(veil), he said I should remove the Hijab. He
was angry and used some harsh words on me,
directing that I should remove the Hijab, but I
refused. He threatened to take me to a village
where nobody will set his eyes on me. So I
became scared of him, therefore I refused to
follow him. That is it.

Did the emir intervene?
The emir gave him one week to come back, but
he came back even before it reached one
week. He said he must take me home. He will
not take me to our house, but he’ll take me to
somewhere that nobody will set his eyes on
me. I quickly ran back to the emir and to the
Shari’a Court for protection. I don’t want to go
back to my father, because he is threatening
me.

How did you come to know about the
Shari’a Court?
I found out from people. I went to them on my
own to formally lodge my complaint.

Why Shari’a Court?
They have to protect me. You know when you
take a case to court over life threatening
issue, the court must protect you. That is it.

Did your father come back after you
refused to follow him?
He came back. He kept on coming back. The
other time he even threatened to bring some
people to kidnap me.

Mintayo which of the above scenario i listed best capture charity situation?
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
i am sure mintayo will sign a different tune is its a muslim parent wants his daughter who converted out of islam to come back from the custody of pastor chris or any of them christian leader.

this was the case with the ohio south asian blood girl. the civilized usa with the religious freedom did not return the minor to his bangladeshi father, while we want a grown woman to go back to a potential 'killer' who is a pastor ready to eliminate anything islam from his tribe and definitely from his blood.

incidentally, a millionaire in florida adopted his own girlfriend so that he does not pay out millions. so the grown woma, my new sister is neither a minor who needs the shelter of parents nor is she deceived or forced into islam, since it her choice, the father needs to back off. if in the west he could be arrested for harassing her at some point.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
vedaxcool:

https://www.nairaland.com/1375318/aisha-uzoechina-says-she-not

your change of faith?
me, because my father did not know about it.
father came and said he wanted to see me.

What did you tell him?
Well the emir told him that I have converted to
Islam. When my father talked to me, he said
let’s go home, but I refused. I told him that I
will not change my faith, because I have
already accepted Islam and this is where I
want to stay. He, therefore, threatened me so
much so that I became scared of him.

What did he do to you amounting to a
threat?
In the first place you know, I put on Hijab
(veil), he said I should remove the Hijab. He
was angry and used some harsh words on me,
directing that I should remove the Hijab, but I
refused. He threatened to take me to a village
where nobody will set his eyes on me. So I
became scared of him, therefore I refused to
follow him. That is it.

Did the emir intervene?
The emir gave him one week to come back, but
he came back even before it reached one
week. He said he must take me home. He will
not take me to our house, but he’ll take me to
somewhere that nobody will set his eyes on
me. I quickly ran back to the emir and to the
Shari’a Court for protection. I don’t want to go
back to my father, because he is threatening
me.

How did you come to know about the
Shari’a Court?
I found out from people. I went to them on my
own to formally lodge my complaint.

Why Shari’a Court?
They have to protect me. You know when you
take a case to court over life threatening
issue, the court must protect you. That is it.

Did your father come back after you
refused to follow him?
He came back. He kept on coming back. The
other time he even threatened to bring some
people to kidnap me.

Mintayo which of the above scenario i listed best capture charity situation?
Ur defense is obviosly borne out of religios sentiment. There seems to be no much collaboration bw the daughter's and the father's statement, but the issue is this, if a person's life is threaten, is it the etsu nupe's palace dat should provide protection or a govt institution?

Note that in the last mediation held on august 1st, the understanding was that the girl be kept at the Niger state govt lodge, but y did the emir refused to abide by the agreement and insisted that the sharia court granted her custody of the lady, even refused to let go the lady while she was willing to go?

The point is this, if it were an Igbo pastor who shelterd a fulani\hausa lady for so long after all plea to release the girl there would hav been serios bloodbath\riots by now. And note that it is never on record that an Igboman killed his child for converting to another religion. So the fear that she might be harmed was obviosly manufactured by the muslim community in order to keep her in their custdoy.

So as a person that understands law and morally upright, do u think morally right to keep ur daughter in the hand of an individul or govt agency if it seems her life is threatened?
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by vedaxcool(m): 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
^
All your story seem to be from your mouth

your change of faith?

me,
because my father did not know about it.
father came and said he wante to see me.

T2g you r engaging in deliberate manufacturing of your own truth to find your comfort, the lady in question went to etsu nupe palace for protection on her own accord the above is her words, the only claim left for you and CAN is simply to label her mad.

Repeating your senseless claim that Muslims manufactured the lady's claim that her own father wanted threatened her show you simply a fervent follower of evangelism by lies, as I posted an interview in which the Girl used her own mouth to accuse her father of wanting to harm etc
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
RoyPCain: i am sure mintayo will sign a different tune is its a muslim parent wants his daughter who converted out of islam to come back from the custody of pastor chris or any of them christian leader.

this was the case with the ohio south asian blood girl. the civilized usa with the religious freedom did not return the minor to his bangladeshi father, while we want a grown woman to go back to a potential 'killer' who is a pastor ready to eliminate anything islam from his tribe and definitely from his blood.

incidentally, a millionaire in florida adopted his own girlfriend so that he does not pay out millions. so the grown woma, my new sister is neither a minor who needs the shelter of parents nor is she deceived or forced into islam, since it her choice, the father needs to back off. if in the west he could be arrested for harassing her at some point.
I can see the mindset of some muslims as regards this issue which i long suspect.

The sharia court at the its penultimate rulings asked the lady to look around and choose any muslim guy she wants to marry, which had long been their collective intentions and the venue they are going to. If you are using US as a reference in this case that ok. But y cant the Nigerian muslims approve same-sex (and beastiallity) marriage as being done in the US? Y cant they approve\legalize pornogra.phy as being done in the US? For the fact that an incidence or movement happened the US does not always make it morally right. Dont make refernce to the US for selfish reason. We r Africans and have a family bond no matter hw old u r.

The emir's body language is that of no wanting the issue of the girl settle cos if he does the girl would have been taken to the Niger state govt lodge as agreed by all parties in their last meeting. Remember that the CAN of Nigeria rep who went for the mediation went to the public to 'exonerate' the etsu nupe after the meeting hoping that he will hand-over the girl to the Niger state as agreed only to turn around to deny that wen they discoverd that the emir didnt accept handin over the girl as agreed.

So u need to understand the manouvre goin on in this case. The bottomline is this, it is the lady's family that are suffering cos no one will be comfortable with her daughter in the hand of a complete stranger, no one.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
@ RoyPCain, also note that on the 1st of August, the sharia court has vacated order that kept the young lady under the custody of the emir and yet the emir did not want the lady to go. As a civilized fellow u will agree with me that the emir's action here is vry wrong unless u r of the opinion that 'emirs can do no wrong'.

The same sharia court that granted the emir the custody in the first place had rescinded it earlier decision on the matter in order for peace to reign. U will agree with me that the emir is not being fair here to the family of the lady and a gross misuse of power.

If, God forbid, the girl dies at emir's custody wat do u think could happen?

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2013
true2god: Ur defense is obviosly borne out of religios sentiment. There seems to be no much collaboration bw the daughter's and the father's statement, but the issue is this, if a person's life is threaten, is it the etsu nupe's palace dat should provide protection or a govt institution?

Is the girl was kidnapped, should the police not have been invited?
Should it be the subject religious blackmail by CAN president?

true2god:
Note that in the last mediation held on august 1st, the understanding was that the girl be kept at the Niger state govt lodge, but y did the emir refused to abide by the agreement and insisted that the sharia court granted her custody of the lady, even refused to let go the lady while she was willing to go?

But CAN exonerated the Emir, did they not?
Were they forced too?

true2god:
The point is this, if it were an Igbo pastor who shelterd a fulani\hausa lady for so long after all plea to release the girl there would hav been serios bloodbath\riots by now. And note that it is never on record that an Igboman killed his child for converting to another religion. So the fear that she might be harmed was obviosly manufactured by the muslim community in order to keep her in their custdoy.

Please stuff happens! Not every act of severe intimidation by parents are reported

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 5:27pm On Aug 09, 2013
BetaThings:

Is the girl was kidnapped, should the police not have been invited?
Should it be the subject religious blackmail by CAN president?

But CAN exonerated the Emir, did they not?
Were they forced too?

Please stuff happens! Not every act of severe intimidation by parents are reported
If the girl was not technically kidnapped, y cant dey transfer the lady to law enforcement agaent, y take laws into ur hand cos ur a powerful person in the society. If the girl were to be Tinubu's daughter do u think the emir will still have the gut to keep her in his custody?

Can 'exonoration' of the emir was based on the fact they tot emir wil keep to the agreement by transfering the girl to the gov lodge as agreed which he didnt later fulfil hence CAN has evry right to be suspicios of the emir's ulterior motive. U need to understand that diplomatic languages must be used in negotiations like dis, u dnt expect CAN to start accusing the emir while they make plea to hav a girl back frm his custody.

And remember it had never been reported in history that the Igbos kill cos of religion nor have any member of any Igbo family lost his\her life for switchin religion. The allegation of threat was made to tighten the rope that separate the family frm the girl.

If i may ask, if an Igbo chief keep custody of a fulani girl under any circunstance dnt u think dat there would have been killling of Igbos in the north. Dnt talk as if u live in Germany and not a Nigerian.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
only in lawless enclave can the right of a grown person be trampled this much. anyone of 'adulthood' as defined by the society is free to choose religion without fear or concern about what will papa say. indeed he/she should be free to make personal choice in everything that benefits her/him in as long as it is for progress and in case of moral matters, advise is simply given.

a parent can divorce a child legally or at least i hear people not please with the value of child say he/she is not my child. where people regards the others and value the quality of individual, you cant encroach too much to the point of this its my way at all cost. this is when its my way or the high way is relevant in blood relationship because when it comes to matters of God, we adults are responsible for our individual selves, while we are responsible for minors under our roof, still.

i take what is good of america and discard what is immoral, like the homosexual matter. yet not everything about our african culture is good. this case of not letting the grown up be grown up is an example.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Listening To Music Or Watching Movies Breaks One Fast? / Photo: Allah’s Name In Arabic Form Allegedly Appears On A Mystery Tree In Ibadan / African Migrants: "Arabs Hate Us. They Don’t Think Blacks Can Be Muslims"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.