Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam (2334 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / List of Notable Converts to Islam from Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by tpia5: 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
i'm not sure why this is generating so much discussion, although granted the girl's father is aggrieved here, seems she's settling some scores with him.

however, we do not know if she will possibly do better with the emir, who knows, maybe he will help her further her education- to become a trained professional and/or phd level, anything is possible, lets wait and see.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 7:34am On Aug 10, 2013
true2god: If the girl was not technically kidnapped, y cant dey transfer the lady to law enforcement agaent, y take laws into ur hand cos ur a powerful person in the society.

Again I say no matter how powerful, the Etsu is not more powerful than the president who is a close buddy of CAN president
Let the dad, CAN and others report to the police. Is it really that difficult? Let us hear the police version!
An adult does not need to transferred to law enforcement agent as an adult even if I have eloped with a lover

true2god:
If the girl were to be Tinubu's daughter do u think the emir will still have the gut to keep her in his custody?

I don't want to drag personalities into this.
President Jonathan has never spent 4hours attending a function organised by or for Tinubu
But president Jonathan spent 4hours at Pastor Oritsejafor's event last year

true2god:
Can 'exonoration' of the emir was based on the fact they tot emir wil keep to the agreement by transfering the girl to the gov lodge as agreed which he didnt later fulfil hence CAN has evry right to be suspicios of the emir's ulterior motive. U need to understand that diplomatic languages must be used in negotiations like dis, u dnt expect CAN to start accusing the emir while they make plea to hav a girl back frm his custody.

Exoneration was about "is the Etsu keeping the girl against her will?" CAN said "No, Etsu did not kidnap the girl"
And you have ignored (I should say conveniently) the report by a fellow Igbo convertee who said she spoke with the girl and reported that the girl is acting in free will

true2god:
And remember it had never been reported in history that the Igbos kill cos of religion nor have any member of any Igbo family lost his\her life for switchin religion

A rich Igbo family can do really terrible things to their daughter and people who can squeal will be paid handsomely to keep quiet. People have been known to forcibly marry off their daughter to somebody she does not like because the girl who tries to convert and elope with a guy
This can happen in every part of Nigeria!

Religion is a much more touchy thing in Igboland than amongst the Yorubas
And in these days of BH, it will be much more stigmatised
I can show you the thread on NL where Igbos promise to deal with their brethren who convert. They may not infact do the worst things they promise, but the person will have a very very hostile treatment.

true2god: The allegation of threat was made to tighten the rope that separate the family frm the girl.

And the girl's family allegation that she was kidnapped is true? And she could not have told the fellow Igbo lady who phoned her to "please send people to rescue me?"
How many kidnap victims are allowed to use the phone and describe the location of where they are being held?

true2god:
If i may ask, if an Igbo chief keep custody of a fulani girl under any circunstance dnt u think dat there would have been killling of Igbos in the north. Dnt talk as if u live in Germany and not a Nigerian.
I am a Muslim but you have to realise that that what you describe is not the recommended reaction by Muslims
I would recommend that if they sincerely believe that this is a kidnap case, they should petition the IG
and I can assure you that these folks are much more enligtened about the law and procedures than me anyway
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 8:17am On Aug 10, 2013
@ RoyPCain, u mean a lady who 'converted' to Islam should reject her parents who had been with her, nurse her, groomed her and spent their life earnings on her should leave her cos she's now 26? If someone converts to Islam is etsu nupe's palace the place the person must practice?

Y cant etsu nupe allow the girl to speak to the public in an open media (like live TV PROG) for all to view her side of the story , y the secret interviews to be circulated to the media houses? The father in his interview said the girl had accepted to go home only for two of the emir's body guards to drag her back to the palace, insisting that its only the emir that can give order for the girl to leave the palace. When has the emir become the chief security officer of the state? If a life is 'threatend', in a civilized environment, i think the best place to seek redress is through the state security apparatus which is not in dis case.

Religions is a vry sensitive issue in Nigeria, u will agree with me. I will ask u one simple question, if it's an Igbo chief dat 'accomodates' an hausa lady for this long without the approval of her parent wat do u think might have happend by now? Do u think that the lady's parents will say she is 26 and let go , or would hav started killing Igbos at sight? Dont be a hypocrite by guy.

I pray one day u hav a daughter and u dnt face this trauma the parents are presently facing.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 8:54am On Aug 10, 2013
true2god:
I pray one day u hav a daughter and u dnt face this trauma the parents are presently facing.

When a Muslim family had the same problem, Christians saw nothing wrong with it

Please read through the comments by your fellow Christians
Note that unlike the Nigerian case, ALL the children were involved
Unlike the Nigerian case, the children did not have the opportunity of weighing both religions

https://www.nairaland.com/1175099/muslim-couples-children-handed-christian

Wayne County Minnesota - Rehab Amer was found innocent of responsibility for death of her 2 year old son (1985). But too late - her children must remain as Christians with adoptive family.

On Tuesday, a judge cleared the birth mother, an immigrant from Lebanon living in Dearborn, of responsibility for her 2-year-old son's 1985 death. The death led Michigan authorities to give her three young children for adoption.

The evangelical Christian adoptive mother of a Muslim couple's three children says birth parents should be glad of the upbringing she gave the children, who were removed after the suspicious death of a sibling
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 8:56am On Aug 10, 2013
BetaThings:

Again I say no matter how powerful, the Etsu is not more powerful than the president who is a close buddy of CAN president
Let the dad, CAN and others report to the police. Is it really that difficult? Let us hear the police version!
An adult does not need to transferred to law enforcement agent as an adult even if I have eloped with a lover

I don't want to drag personalities into this.
President Jonathan has never spent 4hours attending a function organised by or for Tinubu
But president Jonathan spent 4hours at Pastor Oritsejafor's event last year

Exoneration was about "is the Etsu keeping the girl against her will?" CAN said "No, Etsu did not kidnap the girl"
And you have ignored (I should say conveniently) the report by a fellow Igbo convertee who said she spoke with the girl and reported that the girl is acting in free will

A rich Igbo family can do really terrible things to their daughter and people who can squeal will be paid handsomely to keep quiet. People have been known to forcibly marry off their daughter to somebody she does not like because the girl who tries to convert and elope with a guy
This can happen in every part of Nigeria!

Religion is a much more touchy thing in Igboland than amongst the Yorubas
And in these days of BH, it will be much more stigmatised
I can show you the thread on NL where Igbos promise to deal with their brethren who convert. They may not infact do the worst things they promise, but the person will have a very very hostile treatment.

And the girl's family allegation that she was kidnapped is true? And she could not have told the fellow Igbo lady who phoned her to "please send people to rescue me?"
How many kidnap victims are allowed to use the phone and describe the location of where they are being held?

I am a Muslim but you have to realise that that what you describe is not the recommended reaction by Muslims
I would recommend that if they sincerely believe that this is a kidnap case, they should petition the IG
and I can assure you that these folks are much more enligtened about the law and procedures than me anyway
@ BetaThings, the Northerners fear\respect their emirs than any president, even Obama. The British understands this better dats y the indirect system workd perfectly there. I tell u this matter will take a political dimension if there is direct intervention by GEJ, even GEJ advised the lady be kept at the Niger state gov house which the emir refused.

Of course a lady can elope with her lover, are u insinuating that that might be the case here? It seems both of us are reasoning alike here. But y must the person of the emir, a respect custodian of islamic culture be involved. I dont think islam sanctiond a lady eloping with a boy\manfriend.

There is no any official statement frm CAN dat exonorated the emir, wat CAN said was that they now understand wat happen better. This is where the word 'exonoration' initially came in. However wen CAN later discoverd dat the emir had double-crossed, they went to the media to release an official statement denying exonorating the emir. Frm CAN's language, they said they suspected the girl acting under certian influence (or bluntly said charmed) at the palace. The refusal of the emir to honour the agreement at the last meetin only solidified CAN'S suspicion on the intent of the emir.

And i can confidently tell u dat it had never been on the record dat the Igbos harm anyone who converts to Islam. If there is anything like dat at all it can be only be found in Islamic countries like Saudi arabia, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc where there exist a law requiring an apostate muslim to be put to death. My brother, i can tell u confidently dat the reward of any muslim that changes his\religion in saudi arabia is death. It is even in the constitution.

U might be a Yoruba\Nigerian muslim and u may knw dis apostate\blasphemy law in saudi.

U can google it.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 9:43am On Aug 10, 2013
true2god: @ BetaThings, the Northerners fear\respect their emirs than any president, even Obama. The British understands this better dats y the indirect system workd perfectly there. I tell u this matter will take a political dimension if there is direct intervention by GEJ, even GEJ advised the lady be kept at the Niger state gov house which the emir refused.

What political dimension? 2015? I remember how GEJ addressed traditional rulers when he went to Borno
Please look it up youtube Channelsweb
All GEJ needs to do is ask the IGP to investigate.

true2god:
Of course a lady can elope with her lover, are u insinuating that that might be the case here? It seems both of us are reasoning alike here.

I am not insinuating anything. I brought it up that even if such is the case which I would never support, the law enforcement agents cannot force the girl to come out of that place

true2god:
But y must the person of the emir, a respect custodian of islamic culture be involved. I dont think islam sanctiond a lady eloping with a boy\manfriend.

If the girl was truly kidnapped, we know what the media, the Human rights people (who besieged the Senate recently) would have done!

true2god:
And i can confidently tell u dat it had never been on the record dat the Igbos harm anyone who converts to Islam.

People who convert might not be physically harmed. But they can be psychologically harmed
Infact this girl now has some psychological baggage. People can be ostracised and treated in a manner that they will live to regret

true2god:
U might be a Yoruba\Nigerian muslim and u may knw dis apostate\blasphemy law in saudi.

This is why I don't like discussing issues like this here. Who told you I am Yoruba? I am a Nigerian. I have no reason to apply Saudi law on this matter. Christians have been openly converting Muslims in this country for decades. Saudi law is irrelevant!
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 10:23am On Aug 10, 2013
BetaThings:

What political dimension? 2015? I remember how GEJ addressed traditional rulers when he went to Borno
Please look it up youtube Channelsweb
All GEJ needs to do is ask the IGP to investigate.

I am not insinuating anything. I brought it up that even if such is the case which I would never support, the law enforcement agents cannot force the girl to come out of that place

If the girl was truly kidnapped, we know what the media, the Human rights people (who besieged the Senate recently) would have done!

People who convert might not be physically harmed. But they can be psychologically harmed
Infact this girl now has some psychological baggage. People can be ostracised and treated in a manner that they will live to regret

This is why I don't like discussing issues like this here. Who told you I am Yoruba? I am a Nigerian. I have no reason to apply Saudi law on this matter. Christians have been openly converting Muslims in this country for decades. Saudi law is irrelevant!
I admire ur defense if only its borne out of a sincere mind, which i suspected otherwise.

I must tell u dat u cannot rule out this issue taking political toll if GEJ gets directly involved. Traditional ruler, unlike here in the south, is highly revered in the north. They value\fear d sultan of sokoto than the gov of sokoto state (or even Jonathan). I knw u fully understand dis.

The issue of human right abuse is a strange language in the north. An average northerner can\will never protest a human right abuse. Ok r u xpecting the girl's parent to carry placards in bida and start protesting. U will surely see an immediate chain\effect which no one will like to see. So thats y diplomacy is still being used to ensure a peaceful resolution.

I dnt think u can fully represent mind of the lady if she comes back to her parent, as in the psychological depression. Initially u were talkin about physical harm now u hav softened it to psychological. I believe if the emir is as flexible as u r this issue would hav been settled.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 10:41am On Aug 10, 2013
BetaThings:
I am sorry if u r not Yoruba.

The reason I brought up the issue of saudi arabia here is that all the while many posters said the Igbos will kill their children for convertin to islam which is a lie. Hence i put it to u all that execution of someone who left his\her religion ONLY happen in muslims part of the world, u can disprove dis if i am lying (with facts). And i can engage u in koranic verses that supports execution of apostates in the koran.

So if saudi arabia is applying dis law (apostasy law) it is normal according their teachings\believes. If u dont like that part of the law, i can say u r not a true muslim (or a wahabis muslim, the purest of muslims).

Ya xtains\pastors have been converting muslims to xtain but there is no record where the concerned convertee left his\her parent house to take refuge in a bishop's house (dito a female child). Nevertheless challenges will always come, but the convertee always prevail if he\she had a real conviction for his belief.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
@true2god; i know an igbo parents who are doctors and their student doctor child became muslim, she could have been killed if they are back in nnewi or aro chukwu or umo chukwu. you dont have to tell me about how religious bigot humans are. up till now distant cousins of my wife's parents want her to divorce this yoruba man, in spite how much i care. thank God she does not live close to them. they will import men from america to come for her as if america is not on this earth and i know enough of it. Alhamdulillah she is a muslim, too.

Islam will enter igbo heartland and the hearts of Igbo people. Amin.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
@ BetaThing, can u tell me what could happen to a muslim who converts to christianity in saudi-arabia, the power, source and traditional home of islam? I believe u r not more Islamic and reliosly learned dan the saudi clerics who made apostasy a criminal and a capital offense, taking their judgment from the koran.

Dont u believe that apostasy in saudi arabia is equated with drug courier? I left u muslims to judge with ur God-given concience if this law is morally right or wrong.

To my Igbo brodas\sista, lets continue to pray God to help get a final solution to this problem in such a way it wil escalate into a religios crisis so that the devil will not rejoice. And always keep ur children (duaghters) away frm evil pple.

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
@truetogod; some saudi arabians are not practicing Islam in its fullness in saudi arabia. and outside arabia, when they get to the other part, there at least 1 that has ignored Islam. i remember i was introduced to a princess from the arabian country and my friend told me she is a saudi princess. i gave her salaam and she did not respond and i was taken aback because she was in her own home and if she were in the crowd in Los Angeles, i would not have guessed that she will not give me full salaam. while i will not say i know she is not practicing Islam, there is no sign of it on her.

the igbo woman who converted is not in the same condition, because ignoland is not the power source and traditional home of christianity. or is it? more over, the igbo woman is not living in igbo land. she is in minna, a good days of foot trekking. I think what could be loosely similar to Saudi Arabia is the Vatican. I am sure a christian living in Vatican city and wishes to remain there can not even become a protestant christian and it will be impossible for him to survive as muslim openly and be living in vatican city, still.

so what you want is religious crisis in nigeria and islam is now evil as if the igbo people were not animist before christianity that was beat into them? are you okay and you may actually be worshiping god instead of God?
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 3:48pm On Aug 10, 2013
@ RoyPCain i like ur intelligence but i hate ur hypocricy. For your information there is presently a mosque in rome, the home and source of the catholics. I can tell u confidently dat if any roman citizen converts to Islam nobody will harm him\her.

And i can tell u sincerely that there is no single cathedaral in saudi arabia and if any muslim converts to xtainity, the law made it mandatroy that such a person should be killed according to koranic injuction. Can u see the difference bw civilization and savagery, tolerance and intolerance? I hope u r aware of the blasphemy law in pakistan that make it a capital offence for anyone to insult prophet mohammed which had led to loss on lives among muslims and minority xtains in pakistan? I hope u r aware that an imam desecrated the koran and hide it on a small xtain girl's bag for her to be charged for blasphemy and executed. If u r familiar with international news this wont be strange to u.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by tpia5: 5:36am On Aug 11, 2013
with royalty, i think its considered forward if you address them before they address you.

thats probably why the lady didnt respond.

just guessing.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 8:56am On Aug 11, 2013
true2god: Can u see the difference bw civilization and savagery?

Is this civilsation?
http://tribune.com.pk/story/454614/honour-killing-couple-who-converted-to-islam-killed-by-family/

A Christian couple, who recently married of their own will and converted to Islam, was gunned down by family members in South Punjab in yet another case of honour killing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPQxCnu0jkw

"The Doctrine of Discovery said that if Christians came upon a land that was inhabited by non-Christians, the Christians had title to the land and should enslave the people. So, fundamentally, it was a doctrine of domination, of Christian superiority or supremacy. And it said, in its interpretation, that indigenous people didn't have souls, that they weren't full human beings and therefore should be enslaved."

Do you think these Christians Iraqi soldiers were taught tolerance in their Churches?

They were snickering like schoolboys. They had commissioned the Special Forces interpreter, an Iraqi from Texas, to paint a legend across their Bradley’s armor, in giant red Arabic script.

“What’s it mean?” asked Humphrey.

Jesus killed Mohammed,” one of the men told him. The soldiers guffawed. JESUS KILLED MOHAMMED was about to cruise into the Iraqi night.

The Bradley, a tracked “tank killer” armed with a cannon and missiles—to most eyes, indistinguishable from a tank itself—rolled out. The Iraqi interpreter took to the roof, bullhorn in hand. The sun was setting. Humphrey heard the keen of the call to prayer, then the crackle of the bullhorn with the interpreter answering—in Arabic, then in English for the troops, insulting the prophet. Humphrey’s men loved it. “They were young guys, you know?” says Humphrey. “They were scared.” A Special Forces officer stood next to the interpreter—“a big, tall, blond, grinning type,” says Humphrey.

Jesus kill Mohammed!” chanted the interpreter. “Jesus kill Mohammed!”

A head emerged from a window to answer, somebody fired on the roof, and the Special Forces man directed a response from an MK-19 grenade launcher. “Boom,” remembers Humphrey. The head and the window and the wall around it disappeared

This is what Muslims are enjoined and that is the reason we don't abuse your Popes and Reverend

And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah , lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do.
Qur'an 6:108
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 9:13am On Aug 11, 2013
true2god: Can u see the difference bw civilization and savagery, tolerance and intolerance?

true2god: @ RoyPCain i like ur intelligence but i hate ur hypocricy

How dare you speak of hypocrisy?

You are concerned about Saudi Arabia, Rome and Pakistan
But here in Nigeria, which both of us can relate to, here is what is happening.

In the South where people speak of tolerance

https://www.nairaland.com/1319550/muslims-denied-place-worship-rivers

Daily Trust investigation revealed that Christian faithful such as the Anglican, Roman Catholic and Pentecostal worshippers have befitting places of worship in the university campus, which was constructed by the university authority. There were a series of letters written by the Students and addressed to the National Universities Commission, Rivers State governor, the office of the Vice Chancellor, as well as the Supreme Council for Islamic affairs to intervene in the matter. Despite all these letters no action was taken to remedy the situation.

The recent in the illegal acts of the authorities of the University occurred on 25th of January 2012. While the Muslim students were observing their morning prayers, some officials of the university came and forced their way into the makeshift Mosque that was erected by the Muslim students, and in a gestapo manner these officials started demolishing the structures. The makeshift structure was brought down and some Muslim Students were arrested and handed over to the Police.

Ustaz Oloyede, the Imam of Muslim Community and chairman of welfare, League of Imams and scholars, Rivers State chapter told Daily Trust in Port Harcourt that the Muslim community in the State have explored all the avenue for dialogue to ensure that the Muslims in the university are carried along in the scheme of things. He said that having failed to achieve that through dialogue, the Students decided to seek legal action in the matter.

The court thereafter granted the applicants prayer and in a Judgment delivered on 19th February 2013 by Justice Akanbe ordered the university authority to allocate a piece of land to the Muslim students for the purpose of construction of their Mosque. Since the judgment was delivered the university authority has refused to comply with the judgment, as the students are yet to secure a place of worship in the university.

Is it tolerance to cane an underage girl 43 times? Is it Christian love? And she wore the Hijab outside school hours
were she a Christian she would have rights and the Human Rights activists would have taken up the matter were she

http://www.punchng.com/metro/outrage-as-principal-flogs-pupil-for-wearing-hijab/

Outrage as principal flogs pupil for wearing hijab

A pupil on the assembly, who pleaded anonymity for the fear of reprisal, said Aishat was given no fewer than 43 strokes of the cane.

She said, “At about 4pm on that day; we had closed before we heard that there was an emergency assembly.

“The principal addressed us and warned that if we didn’t stop putting on religious outfit during the school hours, we were going to get into trouble. She subsequently called on Aisha and gave her about 43 lashes.

“Some of us started crying on the assembly. Her body was covered with marks of the cane. The principal had warned us before, but that day was more serious.”

Aisha told our correspondent that since the school had closed, she thought that the principal’s warning would no more apply
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 9:27am On Aug 11, 2013
true2god: @ RoyPCain i like ur intelligence but i hate ur hypocricy

Here is a clear example of hypocrisy

https://www.nairaland.com/1124871/indian-village-bans-use-cellphones

https://www.nairaland.com/1136837/principal-questioned-conducting-virginity-tests

Case A
A community bans mobile phone to check cases of girls eloping with men. Somehow Islam became a victim although the community never mentioned religion as the reason for their action.

It is instructive to note that when we point out atrocities committed by Christians, we are asked to point out where the culprits claimed to be acting in the name of religion.
Such subtlety was dispensed with by Christians on the thread as they proceeded to lambast Islam

Case B
On the other thread. A Reverend decided to conduct virginity test on girls in her school. Religion never featured in the discussion

Which is more serious and a more valid concern?
Fear that your own daughter will run away with a man
or that another person's daughter might be doing it?
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 9:49am On Aug 11, 2013
true2god: Can u see the difference bw civilization and savagery

Please you need to study Nigerian history and stop listening to propaganda
BTW - do you know the story of King Jaja of Opobo?

http://www.punchng.com/politics/crossfire/muslims-are-being-cheated-akintola/

In Lagos, Islam was introduced around 1725 and there were Islamic schools all over Lagos. There is no record that the Muslims fought anybody before they introduced Islam in Lagos. But there is record that the British bombarded Lagos with guns and the people of Lagos ran helter-skelter. Houses were burnt, people were killed by the British. When it was unbearable, the Oba of Lagos surrendered. The British, who were Christians, forced themselves and their religion on Lagosians. Then they introduced their education and their uniform.

In 1894, Lagos Muslims boycotted British schools. They withdrew their children from the schools because they were being taught the Bible; they were being forced to convert; they were being taught Christian history and literature. And their parents said they want the Quran; they want Arabic.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
@true2god;
by true2god: 3:48pm On Aug 10
@ RoyPCain i like ur intelligence but i hate ur hypocricy. For your information there is presently a mosque in rome, the home and source of the catholics. I can tell u confidently dat if any roman citizen converts to Islam nobody will harm him\her.
i said vatican city. vatican city is a country, inside rome. different law from rome and italy. i know about rome and italy. vatican city was my question; a place muslims can not live in. a place even non catholic christian can live in. a place prostitu.tion can not openly be operated. a place that has its own law, its own bank. come on. talk to me about vatican city. can a protestant operate in it, build a church there and hold weekly sunday service there for a year? dont toy with me. i am happy when people change my direction. lets focus on vatican city. the guards have to be swiss citizens. do you know that?

And i can tell u sincerely that there is no single cathedaral in saudi arabia and if any muslim converts to xtainity, the law made it mandatroy that such a person should be killed according to koranic injuction. Can u see the difference bw civilization and savagery, tolerance and intolerance? I hope u r aware of the blasphemy law in pakistan that make it a capital offence for anyone to insult prophet mohammed which had led to loss on lives among muslims and minority xtains in pakistan? I hope u r aware that an imam desecrated the koran and hide it on a small xtain girl's bag for her to be charged for blasphemy and executed. If u r familiar with international news this wont be strange to u.
saudi arabia and if you wish the whole of gulf is like rome. the difference is land mass. when you show me a non catholic place of worship in vatican city, i will tell you the difference between saudi arabia and vatican city, but being countries, but there is a gulf of difference in their essence. it is the essence that i will tell you when you show me a non catholic place of worship in vatican city. if you wanna win, show me a mosque in vatican city.

prophet Muhammad [sa] is not a personality you pick your teeth with. Muhammad [sa] is in a higher level of purity. The highest of anyone whoever walked the face of the earth. it is ignorance to think just because people can exercise their rights of speech to insult those higher than them in pure spirituality. do you allow your child to insult you or do you think a parent will allow his child to insult him?

while i will dialogue with a reasonable person, those that insult prophets, i am not willing to talk to except that others who are naive may think that what they say is accurate the reason there is no rebuttal.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
@RoyPCain, vatican city was carved out of Italy (in 1929) and i can tell u dat some yrs back it was part and parcel of Italy. Vatican city is the smallest country in whole world, 44 hectares and at the centre is st peter basilica which almost covers the entire city, together with the adjoining chapels.

So now, how do u want a mosque to be built inside st peter's basillica. The era of jihadist conquest is gone where conqured holy shrines are converted to Islamic holy shrines e,g the mosque presently at the temple of solomon in east jerusalem was conqured from the jews and turned to a mosques. The palestian now try to use east jerusalem as their future capital which the israelis and the US has vowed to resist, even if it leads to great conflict.

From experience, it is only the muslims dat have transformd old religios relic, be it a christian church, buddist temple, hindu temple to a islamic holy shrine after its conqured. So hw do u xpect the Italians in dis modern era to allow a mosque at st peter's basilica. Ur argument is always of a typical hypocritic muslim.

No xtain will expect a church built at the cite of the black stone dome in mecca where pilgrims are alleged to literaly stone the devil (if i can only assume dat their is a devil to be stone in mecca, which confirmed the presence of the devil there. But i can tell u dat saudi arabia as a country much more bigger dan italy as a whole with many big cities.

Pls dnt compare saudi with vatican city.

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 9:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
@ BetaThing u said and i quote, 'There is no record that the
Muslims fought anybody before
they introduced Islam in Lagos.
But there is record that the
British bombarded Lagos with
guns and the people of Lagos ran helter-skelter. Houses were
burnt, people were killed by the
British. When it was unbearable,
the Oba of Lagos surrendered.
The British, who were Christians,
forced themselves and their religion on Lagosians.'

Pls can u tell me hw Islam came to the north and the role uthman dan fodio playes in the propagation of islam?
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2013
@ BetaThing u said and i quote, 'There is no record that the

Pls can u tell me hw Islam came to the north and the role uthman dan fodio playes in the propagation of islam? And equally tell me me source of ur history u mentioned above.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 2:31am On Aug 12, 2013
true2god: @ BetaThing u said and i quote, 'There is no record that the

Pls can u tell me hw Islam came to the north and the role uthman dan fodio playes in the propagation of islam? And equally tell me me source of ur history u mentioned above.

In Lagos, Islam was introduced around 1725 and there were Islamic schools all over Lagos. There is no record that the Muslims fought anybody before they introduced Islam in Lagos. But there is record that the British bombarded Lagos with guns and the people of Lagos ran helter-skelter. Houses were burnt, people were killed by the British. When it was unbearable, the Oba of Lagos surrendered. The British, who were Christians, forced themselves and their religion on Lagosians. Then they introduced their education and their uniform.

In 1894, Lagos Muslims boycotted British schools. They withdrew their children from the schools because they were being taught the Bible; they were being forced to convert; they were being taught Christian history and literature. And their parents said they want the Quran; they want Arabic.

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 3:01am On Aug 12, 2013
true2god: @ BetaThing

Pls can u tell me hw Islam came to the north and the role uthman dan fodio playes in the propagation of islam? .

So any post that does not corroborate your argument about Islam is ignored. Interesting! Yet you have "true2God" as your username and you accused someone of hipocrisy

It discourages one from spending time giving long response. I hate typing

Uthman is not an Hausa name. It is the name of Islam's 3rd Caliph
Mihammad is also the name of the Prophet (SAW)

Uthman was born in the Hausa state of Gobir, in what is now northwestern Nigeria. His father, Muhammad Fodiye, was a scholar from the Toronkawa clan

Summary - Islam came to Hausaland through trade and migration
Uthman dan Fodio was born a Muslim. He was well educated and did not like how the leaders practised Islam. His ideas led his being exiled. As his ideas continued to bring him into conflict with the leaders, he resorted to armed struggle which eventually is what is usually related about him. He preached for the education of all and his wives and daughters were well educated

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 8:10am On Aug 12, 2013
@ BetaThings, Islam come to hausaland through jihad led by uthman dan fodio. Go and pick up a simple histroy book on the origin of sokoto caliphate in Nigeria and u will understand.

Uthman dan fodio is a sudanese who came to hausa-land for trade in the early 18th century. As typical of any fulani normad, he came as gentle as dove only to invade the host community unaware and declare an holy war against them, conquering dem and imposing islam afterwards.

An average muslim cant preach and convince anyone with his Islam. Right from the mohammed era in mecca and medina, othoman empire in turkey, the songhai in mali, the uthman dan fodio in northern nigeria and a whole lots of others, there is always violence conversion via war and horse-raid. And remember, the muslims\arabs started slavery in Africa before the europeans joind.

During the dark ages the catholics were like the present muslim when it comes to intolerance, but over ther yrs they have evolved to a more peaceful approach but the muslims hav not.

Even today there is still violent killings and bombings over religios difference among the vry muslims, shia, sunni and ahmadiyya. Check the lastest bombings worldwide on religios issues, it is always among the muslims. Why?

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by golpen(m): 11:45am On Aug 12, 2013
Islam did not reach the northern Nigeria through usman dan fodio. The existence of islam has been in documentation in hausa land since the 9th century, and then became a major religion during the time of mai idris aloma in the 15-16th centuries. The usman dan fodio you talk about came about in the early 19th century, so you need to go back to your school books.

The crux behind the warfare you talked about has been explained by @betathings.

BTW, when you go through your searches of how islam was truly propagated, pls read about how christianity treated people by killing and molesting them while propagating. We may help with some references too.

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 12, 2013
@true2god;
by true2god: 9:26pm On Aug 11
@RoyPCain, vatican city was carved out of Italy (in 1929) and i can tell u dat some yrs back it was part and parcel of Italy. Vatican city is the smallest country in whole world, 44 hectares and at the centre is st peter basilica which almost covers the entire city, together with the adjoining chapels.
almost is not entire. what is not covered, tell them to allow masjid there and we can talk.

So now, how do u want a mosque to be built inside st peter's basillica. The era of jihadist conquest is gone where conqured holy shrines are converted to Islamic holy shrines e,g the mosque presently at the temple of solomon in east jerusalem was conqured from the jews and turned to a mosques. The palestian now try to use east jerusalem as their future capital which the israelis and the US has vowed to resist, even if it leads to great conflict.
there is a piazza/plaza [open air space ther]; that will take only 20 muslims. lets build a masjid there and we can talk. the place masjid aqsa is now was a ruin, with no standing 'building' when islam conquered jerusalem. muslim did not pray in the church, but later built their own; aqsa and dome of the rock. do you know muslim family has the key to the christian's most holy church, in jerusalem? the muslims are the peace keeper for the factional christians. please research spain and learn about many mosques turned to church when inquisition took roots there.

From experience, it is only the muslims dat have transformd old religios relic, be it a christian church, buddist temple, hindu temple to a islamic holy shrine after its conqured. So hw do u xpect the Italians in dis modern era to allow a mosque at st peter's basilica. Ur argument is always of a typical hypocritic muslim.
babri masjid in india and at least one famous masjid in spain are no more masajid, but in the hands of non muslims. in fact masajid were not returning to spain until recently. go do some research about how nice the others are to the muslims they butchered.

No xtain will expect a church built at the cite of the black stone dome in mecca where pilgrims are alleged to literaly stone the devil (if i can only assume dat their is a devil to be stone in mecca, which confirmed the presence of the devil there. But i can tell u dat saudi arabia as a country much more bigger dan italy as a whole with many big cities.
the city site of the black stone is masjid Haraam. the whole of makka is contained by it; meaning the whole city is part of it, the masjid that serves it. so how do you build anything inside a masjid, except what masjid will contain? you wanna preserve the vatican that is not what the founder of christianity prescribed, yet what The Lord of all commands you wanna destroy.

Pls dnt compare saudi with vatican city.
the whole of saudi is land of the prophet [sa]. name the prophet the vatiican is land of?
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
golpen: Islam did not reach the northern Nigeria through usman dan fodio. The existence of islam has been in documentation in hausa land since the 9th century, and then became a major religion during the time of mai idris aloma in the 15-16th centuries. The usman dan fodio you talk about came about in the early 19th century, so you need to go back to your school books.

BTW, when you go through your searches of how islam was truly propagated, pls read about how christianity treated people by killing and molesting them while propagating. We may help with some references too.
Kindly note that presently there is Islam in south east and south south but in a very insignificant number.

Take a scenario whereby an 'asari dokubo' decided to ransack the entire south east and south south in order to establish islam fully as an official religion, thats exactly wat uthman dan fodio did. U knw this, so dnt embark on damage control in order to giv the evil actions of uthman dan fodio a good outlook.

Ok history apart, xtains have over 10,000 different denominations and more 20 established biblical interpretation while the muslims have less than 10 denominations and diffrenet koranic interpretations. Hw many times hav u seen a different xtain denomination bombing another cos of their diffrent biblical views. But this happens almost on a daily basis in many Muslim countries, even during ramadan dats just concluded recently, sunnis are still bombin shia muslims in Iraq, Ahmadiyyas cant worship freely in Indonesia cos of fear frm mainstream muslims, let alone xtain minorities.

So u get wat im saying?

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by true2god: 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
golpen: Islam did not reach the northern Nigeria through usman dan fodio. The existence of islam has been in documentation in hausa land since the 9th century, and then became a major religion during the time of mai idris aloma in the 15-16th centuries. The usman dan fodio you talk about came about in the early 19th century, so you need to go back to your school books.

Kindly note that presently there is Islam in south east and south south but in a very insignificant number.

Take a scenario whereby an 'asari dokubo' decided to ransack the entire south east and south south in order to establish islam fully as an official religion, thats exactly wat uthman dan fodio did. U knw this, so dnt embark on damage control in order to giv the evil actions of uthman dan fodio a good outlook.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by vedaxcool(m): 1:07pm On Aug 12, 2013
true2god: Kindly note that presently there is Islam in south east and south south but in a very insignificant number.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Evangelism by lies, take am easy, i don't think any religion approves of lies,even a child wgo did social study would tell you Islam was well established before Uthman Dan Fodio and Uthman Dan Fodio merely reformed the ills of the society,

Usman dan Fodio was proclaimed Amir al-Muminin or Commander of the Faithful in Gudu. This made him political as well as religious leader, giving him the authority to declare and pursue a jihad, raise an army and become its commander. A widespread uprising began in Hausaland. This uprising was largely composed of the Fulani, who held a powerful military advantage with their cavalry. It was also widely supported by the Hausa peasantry who felt over-taxed and oppressed by their rulers. Usuman started the jihad against Gobir in 1804.

The Fulani communication during the war was carried along trade routes and rivers draining to the Niger-Benue valley, as well as the delta and the lagoons. The call for jihad not only reached other Hausa states such as Kano, Katsina, and Zaria, but also Borno, Gombe, Adamawa, Nupe, and Ilorin. These were all places with major or minor groups of Fulani alims.

After only a few years of the Fulani War, dan Fodio found himself in command of the largest state in Africa, the Fulani Empire. His son Muhammed Bello and his brother Abdullahi carried out the jihad and took care of the administration. Dan Fodio worked to establish an efficient government grounded in Islamic law. After 1811, Usman retired and continued writing about the righteous conduct of the Muslim belief. After his death in 1817, his son, Muhammed Bello, succeeded his as amir al-mu’minin and became the ruler of the Sokoto Caliphate, which was the biggest state south of the Sahara at that time. Usman’s brother Abdullahi was given the title Emir of Gwandu, and he was placed in charge of the Western Emirates, Nupe and Ilorin. Thus, all Hausa states, parts of Nupe and Ilorin, and Fulani outposts in Bauchi and Adamawa were all ruled by a single politico-religious system. From the time of Usman dan Fodio there were twelve caliphs, until the British conquest at the beginning of the twentieth century.
Religious and political impact

Many of the Fulani led by Usman dan Fodio were unhappy that the rulers of the Hausa states were mingling Islam with aspects of the traditional regional religion. Usman created a theocratic state with a stricter interpretation of Islam. In Tanbih al-ikhwan ’ala ahwal al-Sudan, he wrote: “As for the sultans, they are undoubtedly unbelievers, even though they may profess the religion of Islam, because they practice polytheistic rituals and turn people away from the path of God and raise the flag of worldly kingdom above the banner of Islam. All this is unbelief according to the consensus of opinions.”[6]

In Islam outside the Arab World, David Westerlund wrote: “The jihad resulted in a federal theocratic state, with extensive autonomy for emirates, recognizing the spiritual authority of the caliph or the sultan of Sokoto.”[7]

Usman addressed in his books what he saw as the flaws and demerits of the African non-Muslim or nominally Muslim rulers. Some of the accusations made by him were corruption at various levels of the administration along with injustice regarding ordinary people's rights. Usman also criticized the heavy taxation and obstruction to the business and trade of the Hausa states from the legal system http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uthman_Dan_Fodio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uthman_Dan_Fodio

Feel free to argue with lay down facts, But we saw non of your condemnation of the wickedness of the British who shovered Christianity down people's throat;

In Lagos, Islam was introduced around 1725 and there were Islamic schools all over Lagos. There is no record that the Muslims fought anybody before they introduced Islam in Lagos. But there is record that the British bombarded Lagos with guns and the people of Lagos ran helter-skelter. Houses were burnt, people were killed by the British. When it was unbearable, the Oba of Lagos surrendered. The British, who were Christians, forced themselves and their religion on Lagosians.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by vedaxcool(m): 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
true2god:

Ok history apart, xtains have over 10,000 different denominations and more 20 established biblical interpretation while the muslims have less than 10 denominations and diffrenet koranic interpretations. Hw many times hav u seen a different xtain denomination bombing another cos of their diffrent biblical views. But this happens almost on a daily basis in many Muslim countries, even during ramadan dats just concluded recently, sunnis are still bombin shia muslims in Iraq, Ahmadiyyas cant worship freely in Indonesia cos of fear frm mainstream muslims, let alone xtain minorities.

So u get wat im saying?

laughter Inside Churches, Hospitals, and Schools
Thousands of[b] Tutsis tried to escape the slaughter by hiding in churches[/b], hospitals, schools, and government offices. These places, which historically have been places of refuge, were turned into places of mass murder during the Rwanda Genocide.

One of the worst massacres of the Rwanda genocide took place on April 15-16, 1994 at the Nyarubuye Roman Catholic Church, located about 60 miles east of Kigali. Here, the mayor of the town, a Hutu, encouraged Tutsis to seek sanctuary inside the church by assuring them they would be safe there. Then the mayor betrayed them to the Hutu extremists.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/rwandangenocide/a/Rwanda-Genocide.htm

all those involved were Christians and sadly an estimated 800, 000 christians were murdered by their fellow christians.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by BetaThings: 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
true2god:

Your telling of history is false. It is becoming tiring

true2god:

Here are what we have seen
Saint Bartholomews Day Massacre - the memento for this is still at the vatican
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bartholomew%27s_Day_massacre
The St. Bartholomew's Day massacre (Massacre de la Saint-Barthélemy in French) in 1572 was a targeted group of assassinations, followed by a wave of Roman Catholic mob violence, both directed against the Huguenots (French Calvinist Protestants), during the French Wars of Religion

Though by no means unique, it "was the worst of the century's religious massacres." [2] Throughout Europe, it "printed on Protestant minds the indelible conviction that Catholicism was a bloody and treacherous religion"

Wars of Religion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Wars_of_Religion
The French Wars of Religion (1562–98) is the name of a period of civil infighting and military operations, primarily fought between French Catholics and Protestants (Huguenots). The conflict involved the factional disputes between the aristocratic houses of France, such as the House of Bourbon and House of Guise (Lorraine), and both sides received assistance from foreign sources.

The exact number of wars and their respective dates are the subject of continued debate by historians; some assert that the Edict of Nantes in 1598 concluded the wars, although a resurgence of rebellious activity following this leads some to believe the Peace of Alais in 1629 is the actual conclusion. However, the Massacre of Vassy in 1562 is agreed to begin the Wars of Religion and the Edict of Nantes at least ended this series of conflicts. During this time, complex diplomatic negotiations and agreements of peace were followed by renewed conflict and power struggles.

Ireland

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/northireland1.html
Political separation of Northern Ireland from the rest of Ireland did not come until the early 20th century, when Protestants and Catholics divided into two warring camps over the issue of Irish home rule. Most Irish Catholics desired complete independence from Britain, but Irish Protestants feared living in a country ruled by a Catholic majority.
Re: A Case Study Of A Christian Who Converts To Islam by golpen(m): 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2013
It seems true2God is becoming something else, like lies2satan or something. The problem with most of them is that they don't know a bit about what they antagonise.

I just pray you won't let the cat out of the bag, at the pace we're moving.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Allah’s Name In Arabic Form Allegedly Appears On A Mystery Tree In Ibadan / Does Listening To Music Or Watching Movies Breaks One Fast? / We Let Muslims Celebrate Eid El Kabir In Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.