Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,279 members, 7,839,383 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

I Earn A Lot More Than My Husband - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Earn A Lot More Than My Husband (3332 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / He Is A Better Lover Than My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Earn A Lot More Than My Husband by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 10, 2013
Me think this post was transfered from romance to family
Re: I Earn A Lot More Than My Husband by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2013
Re: I Earn A Lot More Than My Husband by MrsChima(f): 4:29pm On Aug 10, 2013
2buff:

If you even read the OP's post at all before succumbing to the urge to tricking your mouth/fingers up in here, you'd get that a joint account actually makes sense in HER marriage too given the current situation.

I read your post and responded accordingly.

Don't drag OP in your bullshit!!
Re: I Earn A Lot More Than My Husband by MrsChima(f): 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
jay bee: Marriage is a partnership and you both are each others helper.
Pay more of the bills until he can find his feet. I'm sure that's what he would have done if the situation was reversed

Look.at this self-servicer.
Re: I Earn A Lot More Than My Husband by esmeralda1(f): 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
@op the situation is not abot ur job, infact u maintaining ur job will go a long resolving this challenge. I believe u know him well n he cared for u when all was good wit him, it mite be frustratn or low self worth, he mite want to be d man again.
My advice is that u shuld now operate a joint acct, give him all access to d acct, he may want refuse but assure him that's how u want d family to be I.e him being in charge n u could even go d extent of taking permission from him before u take money from the acct though its ur money.
My dear wit all these he will be assured of being d man again n pls Pray about it.
Don't worry about giving him all ur right. The Bible says "A wise woman builds her house but d foolish tears it down with her hands." Be wise dear peace at home is more to be treasured than material things.
Re: I Earn A Lot More Than My Husband by deols(f): 9:22pm On Aug 10, 2013
Without asking, how did she conclude that the money sharing is the cause of the problem?
Re: I Earn A Lot More Than My Husband by ireneidiva(f): 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2013
debrief08: I am sorry but the whole post stinks of ego and show off from the wife "Living large among my friends" "Everyone wanted him but I got him" "I swore not to take a job lower than 150k because I had a 2.1"
I can just imagine what she must be putting the poor man through.
Showing off to him, hurtful side comments.
Life no be like that oh, sometimes you are ahead sometimes you are behind, when you were behind he supported you, now he is behind you suddenly realise your power its all right.

How much is N200k self? Lol, silly pride, you are not the first woman to earn more and you won't be the last but so many don't go making a Federal Case out of it.

The way you presented the story with so much show off and ego, I honestly doubt he just "changed". I can imagine how much you rubbed it in.
Anyway, whatever you want to do, do jor, after all you are a "Big girl" earning N200k na.
What is your point? Exactly nothing. Hush up please
Re: I Earn A Lot More Than My Husband by kunlej2: 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
future is nt guaranteed til u become an enterprenuer. i cant undastand why pple get sweep away by fat pays. that is my lesson. sory no advice
Re: I Earn A Lot More Than My Husband by MrsChima(f): 2:32am On Aug 11, 2013
A man having access to a joint account. Isn't going to change the fact that his wife is the main breadwinner.

Instead of arguing over account...set up a budget and set up a contribution plan where both are paying the bills. The main breadwinner pays 60% and the spouse pay 40%.

Create a budget plan and agree on it collectively.

He can have access but what is good without a budget plan?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Modified....Please I m In Need Of Advice..... / I Don't Love My Husband Anymore! / 10 Ways You Are Being Unfaithful To Your Spouse — And You Don't Even Know It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.