Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Chemical Peel - A Magic Wand To Solve Your Skin Problems - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Chemical Peel - A Magic Wand To Solve Your Skin Problems (2295 Views)

Hi, I'm A Skin Care Blogger, Got Skin Problems Or Questions? Drop Them Here / Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test / What Dudu Osun Soap And African Shea Butter Can Do For Your Skin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chemical Peel - A Magic Wand To Solve Your Skin Problems by Bbgirlnaija: 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2013
I wonder if some of you guys have ever tried this? Some call it a chemical peel, some chemexfoliation or just derma-peeling. Basically, it is a technique to improve the appearance of pigment changes in the skin, acne scars, mild sun damage, or fine wrinkles.
It’s also meant to reduce dark patches due to pregnancy or taking contraceptive pills.

The chemical peels destroy and remove the upper layers of skin to allow for skin regrowth, improving the look and feel of skin that is dull in texture and colour.

There are different types of chemical peels, depending on how strong a chemical (acid) is used. Superficial peels are the mildest type and usually use glycolic acid. This peel may slightly reduce but unfortunately sad does not eliminate signs of aging. Medium peels are used to treat mild to moderate wrinkles, long-term sun damage and pigment changes. And the most extreme, deep peels are used to treat severe wrinkles, long-term sun damage and pronounced pigment changes BUT -and this is very important so take note - deep peels are not done on darker skin types, because they bleach the skin (!!!)

So yes, generally speaking, loads of benefits in terms of improved look of your skin … but remember that although deeper peels result in more dramatic effects, they also entail higher risks, increased pain, and longer healing time. Crusting, scaling and swelling may be common and increased sensitivity to sunlight. And if you guys have a history of herpes outbreaks then you are especially prone to infection after a chemical peel.

So what’s your take on that? I guess it is matter of balancing out …

I will check out a few beauty clinics and then make up my mindsmiley

As always, see more at www.bbgirlnaija..com
Re: Chemical Peel - A Magic Wand To Solve Your Skin Problems by marvelling(m): 12:09am On Aug 07, 2013
Bbgirlnaija: I wonder if some of you guys have ever tried this? Some call it a chemical peel, some chemexfoliation or just derma-peeling. Basically, it is a technique to improve the appearance of pigment changes in the skin, acne scars, mild sun damage, or fine wrinkles.
It’s also meant to reduce dark patches due to pregnancy or taking contraceptive pills.

The chemical peels destroy and remove the upper layers of skin to allow for skin regrowth, improving the look and feel of skin that is dull in texture and colour.

There are different types of chemical peels, depending on how strong a chemical (acid) is used. Superficial peels are the mildest type and usually use glycolic acid. This peel may slightly reduce but unfortunately sad does not eliminate signs of aging. Medium peels are used to treat mild to moderate wrinkles, long-term sun damage and pigment changes. And the most extreme, deep peels are used to treat severe wrinkles, long-term sun damage and pronounced pigment changes BUT -and this is very important so take note - deep peels are not done on darker skin types, because they bleach the skin (!!!)

So yes, generally speaking, loads of benefits in terms of improved look of your skin … but remember that although deeper peels result in more dramatic effects, they also entail higher risks, increased pain, and longer healing time. Crusting, scaling and swelling may be common and increased sensitivity to sunlight. And if you guys have a history of herpes outbreaks then you are especially prone to infection after a chemical peel.

So what’s your take on that? I guess it is matter of balancing out …

I will check out a few beauty clinics and then make up my mindsmiley

As always, see more at www.bbgirlnaija..com

Lol
Re: Chemical Peel - A Magic Wand To Solve Your Skin Problems by pri3stess(f): 1:47am On Aug 07, 2013
marvelling:

Lol
What's so funny?
Re: Chemical Peel - A Magic Wand To Solve Your Skin Problems by babestell(f): 8:47am On Aug 07, 2013
Cancer things, when black soap dey market grin
Re: Chemical Peel - A Magic Wand To Solve Your Skin Problems by pri3stess(f): 2:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
babestell: Cancer things, when black soap dey market grin
Ignorance things, chemical peels do not affect people's health.
Re: Chemical Peel - A Magic Wand To Solve Your Skin Problems by babestell(f): 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
pri3stess:
Ignorance things, chemical peels do not affect people's health.

Thats what they say now! Then few years later new knowledge will change it all!!!

1 Like

Re: Chemical Peel - A Magic Wand To Solve Your Skin Problems by pri3stess(f): 5:49am On Aug 08, 2013
babestell:

Thats what they say now! Then few years later new knowledge will change it all!!!
Huh? What?
Re: Chemical Peel - A Magic Wand To Solve Your Skin Problems by sashaa(f): 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2013
really need to try this. Guess I'l go for the mild one since am dark skinned. Where can I find these to buy in nigeria?
Re: Chemical Peel - A Magic Wand To Solve Your Skin Problems by Bbgirlnaija: 11:41pm On Aug 08, 2013
sashaa: really need to try this. Guess I'l go for the mild one since am dark skinned. Where can I find these to buy in nigeria?

Hello, I think Body Temple Spa in VI does it
Not quite sure where else it's done in Lagos (not sure where you are?), but be careful they are experienced and actually know what they're doing.
Also be careful of sun damage to your skin afterwards

Body Temple Spa address
21C Akin Ogunlewe street, Off Ligali Ayorinde, V-Island, Lagos.

Tel:07068779977 - 08122279999

When I get more information - I'll put it on my blog www.bbgirlnaija..com

(1) (Reply)

What Do We Call This Dress? / Check Out The World's Most Beautiful First Ladies In The World / Go Bright For Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.