Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test (26368 Views)

Toke Makinwa Dressed In Tissue Paper / Best Products For Your Skin Type. / Skin Type And Creams And Soap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by anneduke: 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2013
Wash your face with a neutral (not made for a particular skin type) soap or cleanser. Rinse with water. Pat try with a towel just enough to absorb moisture do not rub. Wait one hour, and then blot your entire face with one ply (or layer) of a large facial tissue. Press lightly all over your face and leave for about one minute. Then remove the paper carefully and examine it near a window or a light.

What do you see?

• If you see oil throughout the tissue, you most likely have oily skin.

• If you see oil only in the T‐zone (across forehead, down nose and chin), you most likely have combination skin.

• If you see very little oil throughout, you most likely have normal skin.

• If you see no sign of oil at all, you most likely have dry skin.

• If your skin feels irritated or slightly itchy, you most likely have sensitive skin.

You’ll need to perform this test several times a year‐during dry and rainy‐because your skin changes with the seasons.

http://www.facebook.com/nigerianbeautyworld

3 Likes

Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Gboliwe: 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2013
I have very oily skin. Any advice for me please?
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by kandiikane(m): 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
Oh lawd, I don't need this test because I can use the oil on my face to cream my body.

11 Likes

Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Gboliwe: 1:38am On Jun 21, 2013
kandiikane: Oh lawd, I don't need this test because I can use the oil on my face to cream my body.
just like me. How do you attempt to control it?
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 21, 2013
Gboliwe:
Frequent face wash would do.
I also have an oily skin and i manage it quite well. Often times, i avoid too much heat and that reduces the rate at which the skin secrets oily substances. cheesy
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by anneduke: 11:09am On Jun 21, 2013
Gboliwe: I have very oily skin. Any advice for me please?
eat less of fattty and oily foods. also practice facial steaming
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Gboliwe: 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
anneduke:
eat less of fattty and oily foods. also practice facial steaming

i do all that
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
Gboliwe: What do you call the cold water therapy?
The same way as it applies to steaming but this time with cold water just to tighten your facial skin pores so death won't find it easy to come in and clog it up.
So it would be nice if you dabble your face with cold water at list twice a day....It cleans up the dirth that might have accumulated with the oily secretion and also firms up your skin the more.

Oil is actually good on the skin but it becomes bad when it mixes up with dirt.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Gboliwe: 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
What do you call the cold water therapy?
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by kandiikane(m): 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
Gboliwe:

I wash my face twice a day and use tea tree. Plus, when you wash your face, don't use oily creams. I normally go without one. I don't wear foundation but when I go out sometimes I use this white powder that helps control the oil and it's quite good.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Gboliwe: 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2013
kandiikane:

I wash my face twice a day and use tea tree. Plus, when you wash your face, don't use oily creams. I normally go without one. I don't wear foundation but when I go out sometimes I use this white powder that helps control the oil and it's quite good.
someöne adviced me to start using foundation and I just got one from Mac. I use the oil control light brown 'Ponds' powder too. For the foundation, I only use it once and then its there for the day till I get bk frm work and take my bath.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by kandiikane(m): 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2013
Babe, foundation won't help oily skin. It will just clog your pores and made your skin bumpy or spotty. Quite rough. You can wear foundation but just not everyday. Where do you live? The powder I was talking about it's a very loose powder it looks like baby powder but it blends in with your skin and you only have to put a tiny bit on your face. It's just to control the oil.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Gboliwe: 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2013
kandiikane: Babe, foundation won't help oily skin. It will just clog your pores and made your skin bumpy or spotty. Quite rough. You can wear foundation but just not everyday. Where do you live? The powder I was talking about it's a very loose powder it looks like baby powder but it blends in with your skin and you only have to put a tiny bit on your face. It's just to control the oil.
i live in Nigeria. Ponds is also very loose but i seriously doubt its efficacy.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Gboliwe: 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
Brand_new:
The same way as it applies to steaming but this time with cold water just to tighten your facial skin pores so death won't find it easy to come in and clog it up.
So it would be nice if you dabble your face with cold water at list twice a day....It cleans up the dirth that might have accumulated with the oily secretion and also firms up your skin the more.

Oil is actually good on the skin but it becomes bad when it mixes up with dirt.
thank you. I have always thought it was the warm water that had any effect. I'll try the cold water steaming too. Thank you
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by lexyjoy(f): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
good day! dis is my 1st time though i v bn readn ur comments on skin. i v an oily skin and a chocolate skin. all the creams that i v used, it is either they make me darker or lighter. i got tired and ever since dis yr i v not been applyn any cream cos am still lookn 4 d cream to use. pls can u help me on it. i need a lotion with natural ingredients. i v made research on some lotions and i wz able to get these ones like Alpine Naturals (Orchids and silk souffle) and their likes but i dont knw wer i can get it. pls i need ur advice
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by anneduke: 4:32am On Jun 26, 2013
sorry for not replying sooner. @lexyjoy use sheacocao jasmine body butter. it doesn't bleach. The body butter provides up to 24 hours moisture without the feeling of grease or the attraction of dust on your body, compared to other products whose main ingredients are chemicals; such as petrolatum. Try it out today.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Gboliwe: 7:40am On Jun 26, 2013
lexyjoy: good day! dis is my 1st time though i v bn readn ur comments on skin. i v an oily skin and a chocolate skin. all the creams that i v used, it is either they make me darker or lighter. i got tired and ever since dis yr i v not been applyn any cream cos am still lookn 4 d cream to use. pls can u help me on it. i need a lotion with natural ingredients. i v made research on some lotions and i wz able to get these ones like Alpine Naturals (Orchids and silk souffle) and their likes but i dont knw wer i can get it. pls i need ur advice
We have the same complexion and skin type. I used to have the same challenge too. Every cream or lotion I use darkens or lightens me until I got Palmers cocoa butter. It doesnt bleach, it doesnt control the oil anyway but it supples ur skin givin it a bouncy sweet look. It also doesnt gather grease. Try it and lets see how it goes
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by lexyjoy(f): 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
thanks for your reply. one thing i forgot to include in my text was that i have an oily skin. also i have been reading your updates and have also made research and from what i found out, my skin needs a body lotion that contains natural ingredients. also i find out about Alpine Natural body lotion. i want to know if the Alpine natural body lotion will be good for me although the ingredients are good. also i want to know where i can get this Alpine Natural body lotion.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
HELP ooO !!!!
I have a skin am yet to determine and it actually pisses me off!

*After bath, my face lighten as if i have powder on it. its no doubt a gathering of executive dirts.

*If I fail to wash my face VERY well, dirt accumulates more with whitish bumpy spots on my nose and it sides.

Its between oily or not, I take lots of water too!
I just need help ASAP help me its frustrating ...just profer a solution.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Gboliwe: 9:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
lexyjoy: thanks for your reply. one thing i forgot to include in my text was that i have an oily skin. also i have been reading your updates and have also made research and from what i found out, my skin needs a body lotion that contains natural ingredients. also i find out about Alpine Natural body lotion. i want to know if the Alpine natural body lotion will be good for me although the ingredients are good. also i want to know where i can get this Alpine Natural body lotion.
Goodluck in your search. When you find this Alpine natural lotion and it works for you, please let me know. I don't know what it is or where you can get it.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by lepasharon(f): 11:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
I have dry skin sad..even with cream it still looks dry
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by lexyjoy(f): 10:53am On Jun 27, 2013
Thanks so much, I appreciate. For that Alpine natural, I v to place my order on net, so it s gonna be difficult to get so I will rather used the creams you suggested for me. Thanks once again. I also v anoda issues I want to inquire about. My face is becoming too rough and the pimples on my face are becoming much especially their black spot. Please what can I do to take care of these issues. Please help me out
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Gboliwe: 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
lexyjoy: Thanks so much, I appreciate. For that Alpine natural, I v to place my order on net, so it s gonna be difficult to get so I will rather used the creams you suggested for me. Thanks once again. I also v anoda issues I want to inquire about. My face is becoming too rough and the pimples on my face are becoming much especially their black spot. Please what can I do to take care of these issues. Please help me out
I am lucky, I dont get pimples until a few days to my period and it vanishes as soon as its done. Maybe its the cleanser I use or just the general hygiene of washing my face regularly and not using heavy makeup or just natural, I really dont know. But I dont have pimple problem, never had it any way.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by killemall: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by 50calibre(m): 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2013
This is for women, only women have the time for this.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by baby124: 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2013

Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. Oil will be history. In fact your face will be tight. Also, reduce your makeup and stick with light face creams. Face creams with no oil too.
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by yuncka: 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
Tnx Op, I just discovered I have d billioniare skin wit crude oil deposit.

6 Likes

Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by bellaberry: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
shocked just carried out this test on my bf and found out he has a sper.my skin. What do we do pls? shocked
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by iamswizz(m): 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2013
look for egg or plaintain.. get a frying pan or borrow if u dont have.. then let the Holy spirit lead you on what to do with them

1 Like

Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Egbagirl(f): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okay o. So now that we have identified our skin type, what do we now do?
Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Egbagirl(f): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
iamswizz: look for egg or plaintain.. get a frying pan or borrow if u dont have.. then let the Holy spirit lead you on what to do with them

Lmao!!!!!! For a min, I was seriously reading your post till I realized what you were getting at grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test by Egbagirl(f): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
baby_123:

Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. Oil will be history. In fact your face will be tight. Also, reduce your makeup and stick with light face creams. Face creams with no oil too.

8-10 shocked shocked shocked wow. Any other recommendations apart from this water thing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lightening Products / Onyinye Obiora-Okoye Wins Mrs Accolade Nigeria, Maiden Edition (Photos) / Mr & Miss Nigeria International 2018 1st Round Voting (pictures of contestants)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.