Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. (27278 Views)

This Wedding Was Shot With An Iphone 6s Plus And The Results Are Spectacular / This Hilarious Trick Turns Your 3k Phone Into An Iphone. / What Is The Best Internet Plan For An Iphone 4/4s (2) (3) (4)

Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by Kslib(m): 1:14am On Aug 09, 2013
hmmn
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by PatAkpos: 1:53am On Aug 09, 2013
If the theft was done by a Nigerian, u go hear everyone hala * Naija again?* sad grin
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by Kgdavid(m): 2:42am On Aug 09, 2013
la furia: phone stolen from spain, ended up in dubai. what is stoping her from going to dubai to get the phone rather than stalk a a complete stranger who might not be the one that stole the phone.

only part i found odd is he sent her a message on facebook meaning he konws her or what? well na she sabi.

the guy probably believes the dropbox is a default app that stores his pics automatically grin

are you sure you are serious?? so you really expect a normal human being to up and go to dubai merely to retrieve an iphone because dubai is just a stones throw from her home in england abi? the cost of making that trip in the first place is at the very least probably twice the cost of the phone in the first place!! even if it cost five naira to go to dubai, wen she gets there wat exactly is she gonna do??
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by Hendryx(m): 3:04am On Aug 09, 2013
Brand_new: Ever had a smartphone stolen? Nine times out of 10, you never hear of it again. Even tools such as Find My iPhone don't usually work; too often, the thief is smart enough to wipe the phone and destroy its SIM card.

But for one user, the theft of her iPhone on vacation in Spain at the end of July was only the beginning of the story. The thief, it seemed, had not turned off the feature that uploaded photos to Dropbox whenever the phone was connected to Wi-Fi. Not only that, he sent her a message on Facebook.

Now that anonymous user has turned these inadvertent updates from the thief into a Tumblr, "Life of a Stranger Who Stole My iPhone." It now has 14,000 readers.

Those readers have discovered that the alleged thief's name is Hafid, he lives in Dubai with roommates, and that he is interested in costumes, cars and selfies. Apparently he is still unaware that his photos are being shared — though that hasn't stopped a few hundred Tumblr commenters from pretending to be Hafid.

This isn't the first time a gadget's unauthorized owner has been exposed via the stolen device. In April, a stolen laptop started sending surreptitious pictures from its new home in Tehran. Last year a tourist on a Disney cruise discovered her phone had been snatched by a Disney employee; she posted the employee's pictures to Facebook.

Below are some of his photos and updates.
http://lifeofastrangerwhostolemyphone.tumblr.com/

Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by mployer(m): 4:20am On Aug 09, 2013
steffans: Pls ehen.... Hw is d Connectivity btwn an Iphone and oda fones

Wich is better to get Iphone or Samsung S3

Have bin tinking abut dat!!!
just buy both

Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by nijanigga: 4:45am On Aug 09, 2013
News of sacked Nigeria policeman gone viral."Nigerian policeman caught extorting money on camera is sacked".Summary of Nigerians.
source: http://news.yahoo.com/nigerian-policeman-caught-extorting-money-camera-sacked-121222549.html

Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by Burger01(m): 5:16am On Aug 09, 2013
peppy luv: Ok na,I don hear angry
*back to my position waiting for d old foooool*
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by goodslayer: 6:31am On Aug 09, 2013
naija networks are bullshyte they cant help you track nada if you lost your device.

Lost my htc one x of less than one month last two week. And i called the guy in the morning foir zain to track the location of my number last received call na waec.

Even the avg anti theft of no use. Do anyone know of that anti theft device that takes pictures of phone theives and send it to your mail addy.
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 09, 2013
peppy luv: Ok na,I don hear angry
*back to my position waiting for d old foooool*
LWKMD! I actually won't be surprise if he's pick-off by a sharp shooter one of these days!
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by Woke4all(m): 7:30am On Aug 09, 2013
The guy might be an innocent buyer of a used phone lipsrsealed
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by jreyez(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2013
steffans: Pls ehen.... Hw is d Connectivity btwn an Iphone and oda fones

Wich is better to get Iphone or Samsung S3

Have bin tinking abut dat!!!

Think... Thinkinkikaly grin
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by jreyez(m): 7:32am On Aug 09, 2013
Woke4all: The guy might be an innocent buyer of a used phone lipsrsealed

Maybe.... Maybeticaly grin
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by dragnet: 7:34am On Aug 09, 2013
what's being discussed here? iPhone theft or religion?
if I get as much as 3 more religious comments, This thread kisses the bin wink
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by Supergenius(m): 7:58am On Aug 09, 2013
la furia: phone stolen from spain, ended up in dubai. what is stoping her from going to dubai to get the phone rather than stalk a a complete stranger who might not be the one that stole the phone.

the money spent in travelling to Dubai can buy her two iphones...i tink wat d real owner did is the best,give him d embarrasment of his lifetime
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by eddyddon234(m): 8:12am On Aug 09, 2013
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by zolajpower: 8:14am On Aug 09, 2013
I DONT KNOW WHY ANDROID DOESNT HAVE THIS FEATURE. SO SAD THAT I CANT FIND MINE ANY MORE. IT WAS STOLEN BY A THIEF/ PICKPOCKETER
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by jreyez(m): 8:25am On Aug 09, 2013
zolajpower: I DONT KNOW WHY ANDROID DOESNT HAVE THIS FEATURE. SO SAD THAT I CANT FIND MINE ANY MORE. IT WAS STOLEN BY A THIEF/ PICKPOCKETER

Who tell you say android no get am Bro check play store.
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:30am On Aug 09, 2013
the last bb i used years back the guy who "borrowed" it was on my guys bbm list. then we got his phone number and he is now on my whatsapp. cheesy

know a lot abt him. including the fact he has a baby.....

these incidents are just amusing
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by scientology(m): 8:31am On Aug 09, 2013
ow long with dis rubbish be on the FP nahhh
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by networkgenuis: 9:21am On Aug 09, 2013
longjon: ^^
iPhone . Apple IOS is very advanced
Advanced ko undecided
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 09, 2013
shocked sad
dragnet: what's being discussed here? iPhone theft or religion?
if I get as much as 3 more religious comments, This thread kisses the bin wink
Now I get a clue to why the so many hidden comments. @topic, Hafid should return this gadget that's made him a star of some sort mbok. That way, he gets to be him4elf once again. Imagine this reounding disgrace?
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by enigmang: 9:35am On Aug 09, 2013
goodslayer: naija networks are bullshyte they cant help you track nada if you lost your device.

Lost my htc one x of less than one month last two week. And i called the guy in the morning foir zain to track the location of my number last received call na waec.

Even the avg anti theft of no use. Do anyone know of that anti theft device that takes pictures of phone theives and send it to your mail addy.

Here is the app mate...
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by phayvoursky(m): 9:40am On Aug 09, 2013
I cannot categorically tell u anytn now. Cos I may say its the mans fault n my oga @ d top will say its another person.

THIS POST HAS REFUSED TO BE HIDDEN.
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by potentials: 9:53am On Aug 09, 2013
Brand_new: Ever had a smartphone stolen? Nine times out of 10, you never hear of it again. Even tools such as Find My iPhone don't usually work; too often, the thief is smart enough to wipe the phone and destroy its SIM card.

But for one user, the theft of her iPhone on vacation in Spain at the end of July was only the beginning of the story. The thief, it seemed, had not turned off the feature that uploaded photos to Dropbox whenever the phone was connected to Wi-Fi. Not only that, he sent her a message on Facebook.

Now that anonymous user has turned these inadvertent updates from the thief into a Tumblr, "Life of a Stranger Who Stole My iPhone." It now has 14,000 readers.

Those readers have discovered that the alleged thief's name is Hafid, he lives in Dubai with roommates, and that he is interested in costumes, cars and selfies. Apparently he is still unaware that his photos are being shared — though that hasn't stopped a few hundred Tumblr commenters from pretending to be Hafid.

This isn't the first time a gadget's unauthorized owner has been exposed via the stolen device. In April, a stolen laptop started sending surreptitious pictures from its new home in Tehran. Last year a tourist on a Disney cruise discovered her phone had been snatched by a Disney employee; she posted the employee's pictures to Facebook.

Below are some of his photos and updates.
http://lifeofastrangerwhostolemyphone.tumblr.com/
z dz supoz 2b a topic or wat? Crappy crap!
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by oluagness(m): 9:55am On Aug 09, 2013
My mind tells me the guy is innocent to some extent, he is unfortunate to have procured a stolen phone.
Re: Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. by jreyez(m): 9:57am On Aug 09, 2013
potentials: z dz supoz 2b a topic or wat? Crappy crap!

Na.... Grammer.. Grammertically and spiritually grin

How father bishop adeboye and wale shoinka dey flex inside ios grin

7 Ways To Protect Your Phone From Been Hacked. / How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting / How To Chat With Gtbank Customer Care Online To Solve Your Banking Problems

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56