Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Know The Difference Between Investment And Business - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Know The Difference Between Investment And Business (7582 Views)

$100 Investment And What I Will Do With It This Year / Ordinary And Preference Shares! What Is The Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Know The Difference Between Investment And Business by juliebest(f): 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
To know the difference we have to explain what investment and business is. First let’s take investment and ask Wikipedia for the definition. Investment is the commitment of money or capital to purchase financial instruments or other assets in order to gain profitable returns in form of interest, income, or appreciation of the value of the instrument.

Whew. Ok let’s speak that in English. Investment is simply putting money in something in the hope of making a profit in the future. You can invest many things apart from money like we saw in the book, but we are concerned with the investment of money. There are so many examples of investment like real estate, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, forex, etc.

What is business: A business is an organization or corporation that provides goods and services and makes profit as a result. We have internet business, retail (buy&sell) business popularly known as mom &pop shop and others as examples of business.

Now the main difference between investment and business is that if you have a business, you may or may not be a full participant. Though in the beginning you will be participating fully,... continu here- http://www.moneyinayear.com/difference-between-investment-and-business/
Re: Know The Difference Between Investment And Business by SETHARTHUR(m): 9:44pm On May 21, 2018
MONEY FROM BUSINESS HAS TO DO WITH MAKING MONEY FROM ENTREPRISES COMPANIES ORGANIZATION INVESTMENT IS MAKING INVESTMENT VEHICLES LIKE REAL ESTATES ,STOCKS , ETFS E.T.C

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Investment And Business by juliebest(f): 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2018
Correct. You'll see details in the article above

SETHARTHUR:
MONEY FROM BUSINESS HAS TO DO WITH MAKING MONEY FROM ENTREPRISES COMPANIES ORGANIZATION INVESTMENT IS MAKING INVESTMENT VEHICLES LIKE REAL ESTATES ,STOCKS , ETFS E.T.C
Re: Know The Difference Between Investment And Business by Fxmanager(m): 4:22am On Jun 02, 2018
Business is when people are working for you, while investment is when your money is working for you. Check our profile signature for an investment under a Government licensed, regulated, monitored and audited financial firm where your money can work for you. Our target is an average of 10%+ monthly return to investors after performance fees. Visit the website for more details.

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Investment And Business by vebehe8599: 8:30am On Apr 24, 2022
These poll ideas for Instagram stories are sublime about whether giving a cash offer to buyer a better option or not, and I thank you for sharing these ideas about GT Invest here. I will use some of these ideas to sell my house through Instagram.
Re: Know The Difference Between Investment And Business by NikolaValenti: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2022
In today's world, it has become very popular to make money with the help of investments. I did not stand on the sidelines and began to deal with this topic as well. I discovered an excellent application https://brokstock.co.za/. BROKSTOCK offers you a unique investment offer. It is implemented as an integrated asset management service and allows the user to handle all investment matters right in the app. The company is reliable, because it has many satisfied customers.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days / BOOM! Part 1 Of Crypto Vocab: Cryptocurrency Lingo / Twitter IPO Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.