Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues (6369 Views)

My Car Issues / Car Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 2:30am On Aug 08, 2013
From my experience in Nija as an Automotive proffessional i have come to the conclusion that the major problem we face which has caused many car owners lots of head ache frustration and money is proper diagnosis or troubleshooting of car faults.so let do proper diagnosis here.post your problems and lets solve it here and save you time money and head ache

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by flexya: 9:33am On Aug 08, 2013
autodudez: From my experience in Nija as an Automotive proffessional i have come to the conclusion that the major problem we face which has caused many car owners lots of head ache frustration and money is proper diagnosis or troubleshooting of car faults.so let do proper diagnosis here.post your problems and lets solve it here and save you time money and head ache

Dude, you r stating the obvious, particularly for anyone that visits this (CAR TaLk) section. If you r offering your services as a mechanic or engineer, make we know. Just drop ur details and location. Best create greater awareness of such service too by amendin the title of this thread
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by osundu(m): 12:01am On Aug 10, 2013
Pls is total ATF good for honda accord(DC)2007?if nt wats de best ATF for it gearbox?tanks
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by kenmaro: 9:10am On Aug 10, 2013
If one mistakenly add about half litre(i.e 500ml) of abro atf to an 8litre capacity transmission filled with dextron 6 atf, will it have any negative to the transmission? Pls, note that the 500ml of abro is just a little quantity.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 9:48am On Aug 10, 2013
kenmaro: If one mistakenly add about half litre(i.e 500ml) of abro atf to an 8litre capacity transmission filled with dextron 6 atf, will it have any negative to the transmission? Pls, note that the 500ml of abro is just a little quantity.

It wount have any immediate effect. But your atf has been contaminated.The question is how much.The contamination with time will cause a little build up of sludge which might clog filters and oil passages.safer to flush.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by kenmaro: 11:56am On Aug 10, 2013
autodudez:

It wount have any immediate effect. But your atf has been contaminated.The question is how much.The contamination with time will cause a little build up of sludge which might clog filters and oil passages.safer to flush.

Thanks. Do you have an idea where a transmission flush could be done in Lagos?
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by cardoctor(m): 12:34pm On Aug 10, 2013
osundu: Pls is total ATF good for honda accord(DC)2007?if nt wats de best ATF for it gearbox?tanks

You better use Honda's ATF-Z1. That's the special tranny fluid formulated by Honda for their cars manufactured from 1998-2010.

From my own personal experience with honda automatic gearboxes, using the wrong transmission fluid will always result into a failed transmission.

Please follow my thread on Nairaland Auto Talk with the heading of Honda automatic gearbox problems.

1 Like

Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by cardoctor(m): 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
kenmaro: If one mistakenly add about half litre(i.e 500ml) of abro atf to an 8litre capacity transmission filled with dextron 6 atf, will it have any negative to the transmission? Pls, note that the 500ml of abro is just a little quantity.

Abro ATF I believe can only work best with power steerings and not modern automatic gearboxes. I have stopped using them for gearboxes in my workshop but most people still do because its cheaper than manufacturer recommended ATF.

Before I came to realise this, previous transmission oil additions or transmission flush using abro ATF resulted in catastrophic consequences because it cannot handle the higher temperatures and pressures of the design of most modern gearboxes.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by tee2faith: 5:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
Please help o!
Users of Honda Accord and all, please help o.
I got this Honda Accord 2003 EX in February. I changed
the engine oil and filter on April 20.
On June 10, I realized that the oil is short and below the
minimum gauge, I decide to change the engine oil and filter
again but this time, I opted for Mobil 1 after trying
endlessly to get 5W-20, I didn't really use the car other
than going to and fro the office. I checked the oil last
week after a journey from Abuja to Akure and realize
that the oil was below the minimum gauge( I didn't actually
check it before I embarked on the journey, I don't know if
its the Mobil 1 engine oil that is not compatible with the
car.
I want to go and service the car again, please advise me
on the engine oil to use and I won't mind if anyone can
also direct me to a good auto-mechanic in Abuja.
Also does anyone know why these 2 lights should be on:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp and the ABS light, I think it
has been like that since I got the car.
Please help me before another of this Abuja trial and
error road side guys fry my pocket o.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by Kolade9(m): 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2013
What could be responsible for huge fuel consumption of a Nissan Primera 2.0 slx

This wasn't the case. But it now consumes fuel like anything.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by kenmaro: 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2013
tee2faith: Please help o!
car.
Mobil 1 engine oil is ok for your car. How many quarts or litres did you use?
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by osundu(m): 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2013
Pls hw many litres of gear oil do I need for my honda accord 2007 4 cylinder?
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by auhanson(m): 1:28am On Aug 11, 2013

sometimes a faulty OVP can iginite those light try tesing with a confirm ovp from another car. If this doesn't solve the problem, then try scanning the car first of all to know the root cause
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by Dinobenson: 3:40am On Aug 12, 2013
autodudez: From my experience in Nija as an Automotive proffessional i have come to the conclusion that the major problem we face which has caused many car owners lots of head ache frustration and money is proper diagnosis or troubleshooting of car faults.so let do proper diagnosis here.post your problems and lets solve it here and save you time money and head ache
good day to u my brother,i have been having a serious problem with my 2005 nissan altima.the accelerator stops responding when it gets to a certain speed,because of this over taking is now a serious problem.pls what do u think is the problem and how can i go about resolving it ,thanks and God bless.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by jum33: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2013
Dinobenson: good day to u my brother,i have been having a serious problem with my 2005 nissan altima.the accelerator stops responding when it gets to a certain speed,because of this over taking is now a serious problem.pls what do u think is the problem and how can i go about resolving it ,thanks and God bless.

Check ur spark plug and ignition coil and if issue still persist, u can Scan the car to determine the cause.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by Ogum(m): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2013
dear fellow nairalanders i am really in need of a morden and well equiped auto repair center where i will undergo the training. I am a graduate of Electrical engineering and would want to specialize in auto repair and diagnosis. Pls help a brother to find a career. I am staying in festac. Your recomendation will be highly appreciated thanks.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
Dinobenson: good day to u my brother,i have been having a serious problem with my 2005 nissan altima.the accelerator stops responding when it gets to a certain speed,because of this over taking is now a serious problem.pls what do u think is the problem and how can i go about resolving it ,thanks and God bless.
I will advice you do a scan first then we can work from there but check the fuel pump pressure

1 Like

Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
au.hanson:

sometimes a faulty OVP can iginite those light try tesing with a confirm ovp from another car. If this doesn't solve the problem, then try scanning the car first of all to know the root cause
You will really have to do a scan on your Engine and ABS system to determine the cause of the lights
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by redcliff: 2:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
what does white smoke after starting your car signify? It clears up after some seconds.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
car.
has been like that since I go
t the car.
does your car smoke (white smoke) from d exhaust? if no then your engine oil is leaking .ask your mechanic to look for leaks.Then about the two lights you have to do a scan for you engine and ABS system and clear the codes.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 6:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
redcliff: what does white smoke after starting your car signify? It clears up after some seconds.
Are you sure its white smoke not stream? if its white smoke then you probably have a valve cover seal leak or valve oil seal leak.so take out the plugs and see if oil is seeping through them into the cylinder if not then its a minor leak from d valve oil seal
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by redcliff: 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
autodudez:
Are you sure its white smoke not stream? if its white smoke then you probably have a valve cover seal leak or valve oil seal leak.so take out the plugs and see if oil is seeping through them into the cylinder if not then its a minor leak from d valve oil seal

@bolded can you please show me a diagram of that in a Golf 3? thanks..
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by kayhalladay: 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2013
[quote author=Ogum]dear fellow nairalanders i am really in need of a morden and well equiped auto repair center where i will undergo the training. I am a graduate of Electrical engineering and would want to specialize in auto repair and diagnosis. Pls help a brother to find a career. I am staying in festac. Your recomendation will be highly appreciated thanks.[/quote...if you were in P.H i would have recommended AUTOWIZ DIAGNOSIS AND SERVICE CENTRE..
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by davolisticdavo: 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pls sir (Mr autodudez) kindly help me out
make: Volkswagen
model: passat
year: 2000
engine: 1.8 L turbo
transmission: automatic
american spec
front wheel drive

issues:
white smelly smoke
high fuel consumption
check engine light on
abs on
EPC on

I scanned and these were the code I got:
1) code p0118 engine coolant temp sensor circuit high
2) code p1287 turbocharger bypass valve open
3) code p0102 mass or volume air flow A circuit
low
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
davolisticdavo:

Pls sir (Mr autodudez) kindly help me out
make: Volkswagen
model: passat
year: 2000
engine: 1.8 L turbo
transmission: automatic
american spec
front wheel drive

issues:
white smelly smoke
high fuel consumption
check engine light on
abs on
EPC on

I scanned and these were the code I got:
1) code p0118 engine coolant temp sensor circuit high
3) code p0102 mass or volume air flow A circuit
low

your white smoke might be caused by that turbocharger bypass valve

ABS your need a scan that can scan ABS and it should point where the problem within the ABS system i might a sensor on one of the wheels

EPC its something to do with the throttle most likely the reason why it is buring too much fuel that might be the reason you have a an Air Mass code

code p0118 engine coolant temp sensor circuit high ---- needs changing 1st double check if connections are tight enough
code p1287 turbocharger bypass valve open ----
code p0102 mass or volume air flow A circuit low --- needs changing 1st double check if connections are tight enough
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by davolisticdavo: 9:25am On Aug 30, 2013
@ zim drill thanks so much. pls do u've a workshop in lag
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:30am On Aug 30, 2013
davolisticdavo: @ zim drill thanks so much. pls do u've a workshop in lag

nope am in UK
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by davolisticdavo: 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
Oops! well tnks so much
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by graceamazing(f): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
Pls I just had problem this morning with my Nissan Xterra 2003 model.As I was drriving out the car just stopped with d igntion on but not moving on any gear.When d mecahnic came I was told d gear is burnt.And he told me it will cost me 55k to get it sorted.What can I do pls.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by smithoo(m): 11:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
Kindly advice in lay man language on the needful to be done based on the following codes;
P0302....Cylinder 2 misfire detected
P0505....Idle air control system
P1258.......Vtec system failure
P0402......Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank 1)
P0301.......Cylinder 1 misfire
p0304........Cylinder 4 misfire
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 4:46am On Sep 05, 2013
smithoo: Kindly advice in lay man language on the needful to be done based on the following codes;
P0302....Cylinder 2 misfire detected
P0505....Idle air control system
P1258.......Vtec system failure
P0402......Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank 1)
P0301.......Cylinder 1 misfire
p0304........Cylinder 4 misfire
what car is this?
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by smithoo(m): 8:38am On Sep 05, 2013
@autodudez. The car is Honda accord babyboy 1999 model

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bugatti Veyron Vs Six-wheeled Covini C6w / 10 Common Reasons Why Your Car Won't Start & How To Fix It / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.