Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Change In Weather: How is it affecting you? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Change In Weather: How is it affecting you? (731 Views)

Health Tips For The Hot Weather / current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration / Factors Affecting Nursing Practice In The Public Settings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change In Weather: How is it affecting you? by Afrocatalyst: 3:13am On Aug 08, 2013
At first,people assumed construction companies infused a particular chemical into the atmosphere which made rain not to fall and the attending consequence being 'this' weather. Funny.
It is a well known fact that this is nt d kind of weather we experience by this time of the year; cold and dry air,no rainfall and less sun. Infact the weather has gone to affect people's health adversely. Most people dnt understand this weather yet and I guess it's important we talk about it. Change in weather has come and we have to choose to accept it and live with it even tho it's strange to us or choose to fight/reject it and face multiple health problems this period. More people have already died this period than died in the first half of the year put together.
Please fp moderators,we need to talk about this change in weather. While we contribute our own quota in educating the populace,let us bear in mind that change is the only constant thing in life and if the weather can change,why can't we?
So if I may ask,how has the change in weather affected you and people around you? What are the things you observe about this weather and what do you think about it?
Re: Change In Weather: How is it affecting you? by Afrocatalyst: 3:27am On Aug 08, 2013
For me I've developed a runny nose and sneeze a lot. At night breathing is kind of difficult and I dare nt put on the air conditioner. In the mornings I feel like staying beside a fire. The effects to me are similar to that of harmattan's which is nt usually by this time of the year. Did I forget to mention also that mosquitoes have reduced too. Lol.
Re: Change In Weather: How is it affecting you? by Afrocatalyst: 8:40am On Aug 08, 2013
A woman just died this morning again in my street. People said they saw her yesterday evenin and that she was okay. Pls let's hear frm u so a lot of peeps out there wil knw how to cope wit our new weather.
Re: Change In Weather: How is it affecting you? by Copiousworld: 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
Nice subject i think change in weather is quite alarming. I came into Lagos 2wks ago and the next day i came down with cold, blocked nose, sneeze a lot and headache, i have been to pharmacists and even went to see a Doc, received various medications which have all been completed but to my surprise i still carry blocked nose for 2wks. I am feeling very uncomfortable with this new development. Though i sleep with AC all through the night not sure if this is contributing to my stuffy nose. I would appreciate more comments from this forum.
Re: Change In Weather: How is it affecting you? by Afrocatalyst: 12:55am On Aug 09, 2013
Copiousworld: Nice subject i think change in weather is quite alarming. I came into Lagos 2wks ago and the next day i came down with cold, blocked nose, sneeze a lot and headache, i have been to pharmacists and even went to see a Doc, received various medications which have all been completed but to my surprise i still carry blocked nose for 2wks. I am feeling very uncomfortable with this new development. Though i sleep with AC all through the night not sure if this is contributing to my stuffy nose. I would appreciate more comments from this forum.
the weather is dry. I dnt tink u need AC. This weather is new and I tink we need to study it so we knw how to adapt effectively. Nice one anyway.
Re: Change In Weather: How is it affecting you? by Afrocatalyst: 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2013
I tink it's getting normal tho. I tink it's a passing cloud.
Re: Change In Weather: How is it affecting you? by Afrocatalyst: 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
Harmattan tins now. Yes,this is the time for harmattan that we used to know. Anyways,merry christmas in advance. The weather always usher in the yuletide for us here in Nigeria. God is great,Nigeria is beautiful.

(1) (Reply)

Watermelon,is It Of Benefit?? / Iron Burnt / Any Gynecologist In The House!!!!! I Need Your Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.