Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,476 members, 7,954,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:58 AM

Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? (1851 Views)

Help Webmasters: How To Sell Recharge Pins Online? / Webmasters, How Can You Cash Your Adsense Earnings In Nigeria Easily? / How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? by mitey(m): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2013
A client wants us to create and manage his company's Twitter and Facebook profiles. But since we have not done something like this before, we need advice on how to proceed.

How do we bill? Per month or per year or per update?

Please if you have implemented something similar, kindly post how you went about it. And NO! I'm not outsourcing this one. If you can't post your advice here, kindly exit the thread.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2013
Do clients pay for that? I think only a few appreciate the role social media plays in promoting their business.
Re: Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? by mitey(m): 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
^^^^ Well this one is willing to pay, and I am willing to collect his money cool So any words of advice?
Re: Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2013
It really depends on so many factors.

1. What's kind of business they're running.
2. It's client base i.e Demographics.
3. It's Advertising/Publicity budget.
4. The Company's social media goals. i.e: How many Facebook likes/Twitter followers they are targeting.
5. How often do they want their feeds updated.

After all these is determined, then you can now state your fees and most times, that would be hinged around the companies budget.
Re: Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? by onyengbu: 3:59pm On Aug 08, 2013
Charge him 'per update' grin

Yea, I mean each time you post something he asked you to post.

Trust me it works, thats how I do it.
Re: Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
Per month.
Re: Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? by mitchyy(f): 7:12am On Aug 13, 2013
That's my job. I handle social media accounts for some known brands I'll rather not mention.

Well, after considering their target and what they hope to achieve, I charge according to the duration of the social media management.

A boat club I manage pays every 6 months. While another event place pays monthly. Some clients are Thomases and prefer to pay monthly to test the effectiveness of your work, while others who trust you and have seen your good work will go all they way and even pay for a year.

Biko don't charge them per post o, it'll make you look like a rookie. Charge per month according to the number of months they desire.

That's how it is.

2 Likes

Re: Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? by Babylox(f): 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
One thing you don't want to do is offer different prices to different clients. Small company, small money and big company, big money. Once they know you do this, you'll lose your credibility.

What you want to do first is create packages. These packages will include different services across different platforms.

E.g Bronze package = Facebook and Twitter Management. Management will involve posting relevant brand news & updates, engaging the fans and responding to comments and direct messages.

Silver Package = Will involve the same but include LinkedIn and Google Plus.

And so on so forth. You can bill for added services like graphic designs; avatar design, post graphics, etc as well as
For paid ads(Fb, Google) you should bill them exactly what it costs and charge a 10%(percentage is up to you) service fee.

Another thing you need to take into consideration is that handling an account with 10,000 fans is not the same as that of 500,000 fans. There's a lot more work involved and you may need to hire extra hands So you should include a clause that there's an extra charge of X amount for every X-thousand fans over a certain number of fans across platforms.

Another add-on is online PR. You can get popular bloggers to write about them or send articles to news websites and bill them the same way I explained online ad billing.

This is what I do anyway. Hope this helps. wink

3 Likes

Re: Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? by Babylox(f): 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
Oh I forgot to mention. Bill them for the first three months at a discount then monthly afterwards.
E.g 120,000 for the first three months and 50,000 for subsequent months. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? by mitey(m): 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
^^^^ That was quite a mouthful(or handful?).

Thanks for your input. Will take it under advisement.
Re: Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? by switchmax8: 9:39am On Aug 14, 2013
Hello,
You should charge him good morning Social Media Management and SEO is a big business in developed countries.to manage a top business organization via social media is not an easy task the way you are taking it.why you will be asked to manage to social media is to drive traffic to their website and sales not just to manage their company's presence on social media.hope you are getting my drift? however,you need to look at the company's earnings and profile to come up with a plan how you gonna drive traffic to the website and sales to the company that is the determinant factor for charges you will place on the compay/management. No dull yourself that is good business
Regards,
Saint
Re: Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? by switchmax8: 9:39am On Aug 14, 2013
Hello,
You should charge him good money Social Media Management and SEO is a big business in developed countries.to manage a top business organization via social media is not an easy task the way you are taking it.why you will be asked to manage to social media is to drive traffic to their website and sales not just to manage their company's presence on social media.hope you are getting my drift? however,you need to look at the company's earnings and profile to come up with a plan how you gonna drive traffic to the website and sales to the company that is the determinant factor for charges you will place on the compay/management. No dull yourself that is good business
Regards,
Saint

(1) (Reply)

Video Blogging Sensation Zoella Splashes Out On £1m Five- Bedroom Mansion / Iproo / Health Article Writer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.