Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

How Can I Stop Masturbating - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Stop Masturbating (4358 Views)

Is Masturbating With Images Of Your Spouse In Your Head A Sin? / He Needs Help On How To Stop Masturbating / Now That Want To Be A Christian, Should I Stop Listening To Non-gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
deb6: I have try to stop masturbating but i can't.I have prayed, gone for deliverance but only to stop for sometime and it will still come back.What should i do? i really want to be a good christian and go to heaven.i need ur advice.thanks
the root of ur sin is from the heart.... Blessed are the pure in hearts for they shall see God... Out of the hearts proceed lustful thoughts fornications and uncleanliness (mark 7 vs 21)

i was saved and though i was once a slave to this sin but Christ set me free (john 8 vs 32) but it always comes back even after repenting.. I speak wit experience... Now to make sure u conquer this..... U have to confess ur faults to one another that u will be healed of this sin (james 5 vs 16 ).. Reject all ghanian or immoral movies and be prepared to fellowship with a holy God thru personal quiet time which will include praises worship studying the scriptures and praying and trust me God's presence will fall on u everywer u go and wen the temptation comes the presence of God with u will help u overcome... Do not look and linger lustfully at the opposite sex... Do this and Christ will set u free
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by gemini35(m): 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
deb6: I have try to stop masturbating but i can't.I have prayed, gone for deliverance but only to stop for sometime and it will still come back.What should i do? i really want to be a good christian and go to heaven.i need ur advice.thanks
baby if you undergo mfm deliverance you must come back with a testimony here ,after 3 days dry fasting that spirit must leave,monday 7 am locate mfm ,if you really want to stop it,
Their is a girl she had a spirit man that always have sex with her ,as soon as the man come no body around will see it only her,she will get up and go inside and have it ,the giant man will go and she will come out ,nt dream live, both at noon , after she undergo deliverance ,she gave her testimony ,usually the deliverance start monday and end friday,she said within 3 days the man came saw her and turn back that was the end, i knw you enjoy the heavenly felling,but aftter that you will be sad, just do just give it a trial baby,
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
Thanks @prophetudeme n gemini
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by torchwave: 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
Op, don't give heed to any voice that tells you it is perfectly natural. The flesh can never please God, and that is why Jesus said the only condition to follow Him is to deny self.

Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:27, But I keep control of my body, and bring it into subjection, lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

1Thessalonians 4:4 also says, that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable.

God knows you can master your body because He made you more than a conqueror.

The reason people think they can't defeat sin is because they don't want to deny their flesh the pleasures of sin. It is as simple and complex as that. Learn to control your body by denying it and you will see that you are greater than sin, not the other way round.

A more excellent way to defeat sin daily which never fails is to walk in love. Love does not seek its own satisfaction.
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by wiegraf: 12:36am On Aug 07, 2014
deb6: Hmm once in a week.

Once a week....

Look at what religion as done to you.....

Chei!

Anyways, let's take wiki

wiki:

Frequency of masturbation is determined by many factors, e.g., one's resistance to sexual tension, hormone levels influencing sexual arousal, sexual habits, peer influences, health and one's attitude to masturbation formed by culture; E. Heiby and J. Becker examined the latter.[25] Medical causes have also been associated with masturbation.[26][27][28]

Different studies have found that masturbation is frequent in humans. Alfred Kinsey's 1950s studies on US population have shown that 92% of men and 62% of women have masturbated during their lifespan.[20] Similar results have been found in a 2007 British national probability survey. It was found that, between individuals aged 16 to 44, 95% of men and 71% of women masturbated at some point in their lives. 73% of men and 37% of women reported masturbating in the four weeks before their interview, while 53% of men and 18% of women reported masturbating in the previous seven days.[29]

Masturbation is considered normal when performed by children, even in early infancy.[26] In 2009, the UK Government joined the Netherlands and other European nations in encouraging teens to masturbate at least daily. An orgasm was defined as a right in its health pamphlet. This was done in response to data and experience from the other EU member states to reduce teen pregnancy and STIs (STDs), and to promote healthy habits.[30]

In the book Human Sexuality: Diversity in Contemporary America, by Strong, Devault and Sayad, the authors point out, "A baby boy may laugh in his crib while playing with his erect penis". "Baby girls sometimes move their bodies rhythmically, almost violently, appearing to experience orgasm." Italian gynecologists Giorgio Giorgi and Marco Siccardi observed via ultrasound a female fetus possibly masturbating and having what appeared to be an orgasm.[31]

Popular belief asserts that individuals of either sex who are not in sexually active relationships tend to masturbate more frequently than those who are; however, much of the time this is not true as masturbation alone or with a partner is often a feature of a relationship. Contrary to conventional wisdom, several studies actually reveal a positive correlation between the frequency of masturbation and the frequency of intercourse. A study has reported a significantly higher rate of masturbation in gay men and women who were in a relationship.[29][32][33][34]

Note, with wiki it's a good idea to check sources, and as you can see, they have lots in this case.

So, it seems like they are saying exactly what I'm trying to get across.

I know of females that masturbate 6x a day. You see the numbers that say 95% of men? Well, the 5% that claim they do not, they are lying. Pope, mullah, father xmas, all lying (though, again, tbf frequencies usually lessen with age). At least something like 99% has been cited in other (anonymous) studies. Why would they lie? Because, like you, they've been brainwashed and now laddened with misplaced guilt. I know the rate amongst females is lower, again because of aforementioned 'guilt', chastity and a host of other double standards blah blah blah in most cultures, but it's still very normal amongst females as well.

So what in the world are you worried about?? Once a week?!

------------------------------------------

Anyways, once again, there is nothing, absolutely nothing, wrong with what you're doing. In fact, many would say it's healthy. Just as brushing your teeth daily is recommended, a self-service every so often (certainly not everyday though, unlike cleaning your teeth) is advised. The only objection you have is that the 2000 year old storybook says it's a sin. And well...

For instance, Islamically, you have to wash your behind with water after you take a $hit. If there's no water around then you must sand! If there's no sand around, then you should use a rock!! Toilet paper? No, no, that's haram. You have to pray while entering, and you must enter left foot first, then leave with the right foot, else, haram!!! Why Because haram!!! You cannot speak while in there. You know why? Harram!!!

How does that sound to you? Crazy, bunkers and silly, no? That's exactly what you're doing now. You admit you harm no one, yet the action is bad simply because storybook says so?!.

Now, it becomes a problems when it's a an addiction, and that applies to just about any sort of addiction, even say addictions to caffeine. If you're doing it just once a week, a rather low rate, then you're clearly not an addict.

This sort of irrationality in thinking, brought about by religious beliefs, is the major cancer that plagues our society. People stop thinking for themselves. Worse off in our case, it's from foreign religions that the foreigners themselves are abandoning.

Please, learn to think for yourself. There's absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. And don't follow silly traditions just because.

kudos

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by Macelliot(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2014
Macelliot:
Hmm 17?
You feels guilty after you do it! Good that you acknowledged, it is wrong....
Hmm, I too battles with it, though I am 19yrs now, but by God's grace, all is well.....
Mine became worst and more addictive when I started watching Por.nograp.hy.......
It wasn't easy at all!
That doesn't mean you aren't a good Christian...
Every Man has his own CHALLENGE....
NOTE: I want you to know that it is a challenge given to you and you Must overcome it by God's grace.
Give thanks and Glory to God for every situation you find yourself..... (Thank God for things yet undone.)
Do not condem yourself so that you won't give in to Depression....
Jesus Christ will set you free.......

I pray all will be well Sister, it is a Challenge!!

I command You to be set free from ever Challenges you are facing in thy Mighty Name of Jesus.
Every forces of the Evil Ones be Destroyed in thy Mighty Name of Jesus. Amen
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by ogoom: 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
My dear, it is very nice and important that you realise it is wrong and have tried and attempt to stop it.
l will b honest with you, the journey of morality is of the spirit of God, you desire it first, then talk to him, God is more close and real than anything or body you know, Be humble in supplication, tell him you are human, without him you can do nothing, and that you will sin graceful. Tell him to shield you with the mantle of chastity, it will shield you from canal desire. But it is also important you do not watch immoral movies or read immoral articles and do not listen to immoral conversations
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by ogoom: 7:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
continuation from avoiding immoral conversation, if you are a catholic go to the chapel, lie they , the present of God will modify and heal you.
My dear, l am not quoting what is not possible, am a living witness of God's grace. Am 30 years and still a virgin. l don't mastubate. All these were possible because l gave God my self, l involved him in it, and he provided means and wisdom to keep on.
Note, it is very important when you are clothed in chastity, you don't feel proud nor look down on anyone that is not achieving it because it is not by your power. l once proudly, mistakenly and vainly said in my heart oneday when a spouse was trying to seduce me through calls that he is wasting his time that l am a pillar girl, in it l assumed it is by my making. That day l went through hell, some feelings l can't explain crowded me, it was strange for someone that have been covered with mantle of chastity and not feeling anything for a long time. l was scared. l kept busy, washing, cleaning but it was still they until l ran to the chapel[temple) and begged God to forgive my pride and not leave me uncovered with his grace or l will be the worst sinner. l slept off they because l cried while praying and it made me weak. l waked up,reached home and was doing my home duties when l realised the feeling have left me. It is always by his grace, just desire it and tell him. God bless you and strengthen you.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by Kyase(m): 7:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
deb6:
i dnt wnt to ve a bf.

Okay.
Its not easy buh try, support it with prayers.
Its not for He that runs or will........ I forgot the rest.
U can't do it by urself.

Romans 9:16
New International Version
It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or
effort, but on God's mercy.

New Living Translation
So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can
neither choose it nor work for it.

English Standard Version
So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but
on God, who has mercy.

New American Standard Bible
So then it does not depend on the man who wills or
the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.

King James Bible
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that
runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
So then it does not depend on human will or effort
but on God who shows mercy.
International Standard Version
Therefore, God's choice does not depend on a
person's will or effort, but on God himself, who
shows mercy.
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by ogoom: 8:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
l was reading some comments and some people were asking who self service is harming.
Self service is a sin that harms both your body and your soul. it is included in the sin of uncleanness st Paul wrotes about in the bible. lf it is not sinful, why not do it in public and why feeling guilty? it is because my dear you still possess the spirit of God in you that makes you feel disgusted, guilty and irritated every time you do it.
My dear apart from the spiritual aspect mentioned above, mastubation can harm you psychologically as a woman, you won't see the need of your husband when you are married,You will lack companionship, intimacy and respect for your husband therefore harming yourself, your husband and your children if divorce should kick in, and your marriage as a whole.
For a man, it can bring about premature ejaculation therefore harming himself, his wife in the case he is married and it will harm his home as a whole.
Note, to feel urge is not a sin, but it is what you do with it that is a sin. God comes in to help you not fall into sin through it, he comes in to withhold it, suppress it so as to help you live a christian life. God bless you.
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
@Ogoom virgin at 30?? Wow!! thanks for the advice.
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by Youngpo413: 10:54am On Dec 22, 2014
deb6:
I have try to stop masturbating but i can't.I have prayed, gone for deliverance but only to stop for sometime and it will still come back.What should i do? i really want to be a good christian and go to heaven.i need ur advice.thanks
how do ladies masssturbate?I will like to know
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by Youngpo413: 11:02am On Dec 22, 2014
deb6:
am just 17 n half i cnt marry nw.
who taught you how to masssturbate?
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by Youngpo413: 11:09am On Dec 22, 2014
Bella3:
dont mind all thes agents of darkness grin

Wait till you are 18 then get a boyfriendgringrin

You got yourself into the mess by allowing your imagination get the better part of you.
Self service is disgusting....ewwww
so you ladies knows the need of a boyfriend?then why una dey form?
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by Youngpo413: 11:10am On Dec 22, 2014
[quote author=deb6 post=20387727][/quote]na today?
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by obiZEAL(m): 11:25am On Dec 22, 2014
deb6:
i dnt wnt to ve a bf.
you never ready
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by eckersley: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
deb6:
am just 17 n half i cnt marry nw.
Who said u can't
Relocate to the north

PS.
Children of nowadays leave book and church wey dem go attend
na 'master-bation' dem dey do.

In case u don't know,
that uncle called 'Master Baytion' can lead to blindness grin

=================
ON A SERIOUS NOTE
================
Locate the Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries closest to u
And undergo deliverance.
Come back and testify here
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by asalimpo(m): 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
You guyz are doing some serious marketing for mfm here.
Re: How Can I Stop Masturbating by Youngpo413: 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2014
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Week Of Blessing By Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka / Difference Between Hallelujah And Halleluyah / Read What Dare Adeboye Tweeted Last Before He Diedthat Has Stirred Up Mixed Reac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.