Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Poultry Farmers Answer This - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Poultry Farmers Answer This (1037 Views)

Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / POULTRY FARMERS IN ABUJA NEEDED TO WORK WITH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poultry Farmers Answer This by FarmTech(m): 3:06pm On Aug 08, 2013
Hello fellow poultry farmers. I am about to start a poultry farm with 500 layers. However, i read somewhere that day length affect egg size. So I'm wondering when is the best month to start rearing layers.

Which month do you usually buy your layers?
Re: Poultry Farmers Answer This by ayodeji752: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2013
I bought mine December 14 last year and they are doing ok
Re: Poultry Farmers Answer This by IKEDIKE: 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2013
FarmTech: Hello fellow poultry farmers. I am about to start a poultry farm with 500 layers. However, i read somewhere that day length affect egg size. So I'm wondering when is the best month to start rearing layers.

Which month do you usually buy your layers?

Good idea to start poultry. i think u should start first. when u get to that bridge i know u will cross it. just make sure the housing is convenient.
Re: Poultry Farmers Answer This by FarmTech(m): 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
ayodeji752: I bought mine December 14 last year and they are doing ok
How long did they lay small eggs? I read that there is a connection between egg size and the month you start rearing.
Re: Poultry Farmers Answer This by FarmTech(m): 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2013
IKEDIKE:

Good idea to start poultry. i think u should start first. when u get to that bridge i know u will cross it. just make sure the housing is convenient.
I am in the construction stage. I'll soon post my progress on nairaland with pictures. If you're into layers farming I'll like to know the month when you usually start rearing and how long they lay small eggs.
Re: Poultry Farmers Answer This by ayodeji752: 9:08pm On Aug 08, 2013
FarmTech: How long did they lay small eggs? I read that there is a connection between egg size and the month you start rearing.
just a week and i'm really making my money now
Re: Poultry Farmers Answer This by FarmTech(m): 8:05am On Aug 09, 2013
ayodeji752: just a week and i'm really making my money now
I'm happy to hear that. Enjoy!
Re: Poultry Farmers Answer This by adehsenior(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2013
You can buy your layers anytime of the year as long as you brood them with good feeds and vaccines,they will certainly do well.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Cashew Nut De-shelling Machine Needed!! / I Need The Cost Analysis Of Building A Broiler Pen Of 1000 Capacity / All Round Season Waterleaf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.