Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

What To Do When Laptop Is Slow, Frozen Or Refuses To Shut Down - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What To Do When Laptop Is Slow, Frozen Or Refuses To Shut Down (813 Views)

Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? / Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / Hackers Threaten To Shut-down Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Do When Laptop Is Slow, Frozen Or Refuses To Shut Down by charsobodo(m): 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2013
1. Restart your laptop or computer by forcing a shut down.
You can force a shut down by holding the power button until the laptop turns off, if this does not work, then force a complete shut down by following the steps below.
· Disconnect the power cord
· Remove the battery from the laptop
· Wait for some time (20 seconds)
· Replace the battery into the laptop
· Reconnect the laptop power cord
· Turn the laptop on

2. Check for duplicate program running on your system
Check through your laptop to know if you have two versions of the same program running on your system, you can do this by using the Windows control panel, you will find all the programs that have been installed or downloaded on your system listed there. If you spot duplicates, uninstall one version of the program.

3. Remove Recently Installed Program
If the problem started immediately after you have installed or downloaded a program or software, please remove or uninstall that program or software.

4. Do not install more than one antivirus program on your laptop
Its very important to protect your computer with appropriate antivirus software but running two different antivirus programs on your system at the same time can cause conflicts.

5. Run an antivirus security check
Run an antivirus security check and update, because the presence of harmful malware or viruses can make your computer sluggish. A virus scan will clear out out all forms of malicious and harmful virus attack on your system, hence improving the laptop’s efficiency.

6. Perform a system restore
This process is very effective for fixing a lot of computer faults, it will revert your system to the last state in which it was working well. To perform this procedure, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. If you are using Windows 7 Operating System, just enter system restore in the search box, if you have an available restore point the date will be highlighted, just click that that date and simply follow the step by step wizard to complete the process. You will get a confirmation after successful restoration.

source: http://www.learnlaptoprepair..com/p/laptop-repair-tips.html

(1) (Reply)

Help / Pls Help Me Unlock My Mtn Modem / I Need A Laptop Btw 17000-24000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.