Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

World's Smallest Power Inverter - Technology Market (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / World's Smallest Power Inverter (185090 Views)

Quality 2000w (2.5kva) Power Inverter UPS With Inbuilt Charger / World's Smallest Power Inverter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
I've opened it up and will remove the 7ah batteries

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
Marking out where the 24vdc fan will be located and then cut through. From experience the left side of the UPS is always better

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
Will use this silicone sealant to fasten the DC fan to the body of the UPS

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 4:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
Extending the battery cables of the UPS using black and red to indicate positive and negative

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
Locating where to connect the two cables from the DC fan. This can be a little tricky but there is a short cut. First connect the negative leg to the negative cable of the battery, then locate the point of the other leg on the board of the UPS.

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 4:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
Remove the buzzer from the board.

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 4:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
Couple it back and it's ready for use/delivery.

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 10:46am On Jun 27, 2016
feflo:

It has do with the quality of materials used in the manufacturing of the slim batteries, most of the conventional sized batteries are made in china and thus have a very short lifespan of about 24months. The slim counterpart have life span of between 5yrs and 15yrs, reason why they are much more expensive. The country of manufacture also matters, the slim batteries come from EU, USA, Germany etc. Please note that there are exceptions to this, some conventional sized batteries last about 5yrs even though they come from china.

Many thanks
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by saint2ace(m): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2016
feflo:
Introducing the DC PRESSING IRON. All you need is a 12VDC battery, once connected, you can iron your clothes.
features:
Wattage - 130W/150W
Temperature: 180 Degrees Centigrade
3 meters long power cable
Cost: N3500

Hello Bro, is the iron still available
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 7:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
saint2ace:

Hello Bro, is the iron still available

Very much available though with a change in price
Thanks

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
Today's installation for one of us at ketu, Lagos.
2pcs Genus fairly new 12v 200ah batteries
One 1.5kva APC converted inverter
One 50amps 24vdc charger
Installation
Total cost - 100k

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by saint2ace(m): 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
feflo:

Thanks

Okay, price please
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 8:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
saint2ace:

Okay, price please

5k sir

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by saint2ace(m): 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
feflo:

5k sir

Ok sir, thanks a bunch. I'll be in touch
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by casig: 10:10am On Jun 29, 2016
feflo:

Thanks
Can the pressing iron be used on a 12v 1kva inverter?
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 10:30am On Jun 29, 2016
casig:

Can the pressing iron be used on a 12v 1kva inverter?

The DC iron has absolutely nothing to do with the inverter, it's a 12VDC device. It goes directly to your battery.
Many thanks.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by Prdo: 1:13pm On Jun 29, 2016
Please is the 1.5kva the highest kva one can get from a UPS?. Is there any difference in terms of load bearing and durability between an APC converted inverter and the inverter itself. I am thinking of buying an inverter and I have gone through a substantial part of your thread, but don't seem to grasp these points.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2016
Prdo:
Please is the 1.5kva the highest kva one can get from a UPS?. Is there any difference in terms of load bearing and durability between an APC converted inverter and the inverter itself. I am thinking of buying an inverter and I have gone through a substantial part of your thread, but don't seem to grasp these points.

It's definitely not the highest kva but anyone above this uses more than two batteries. The purpose of converting UPS was to greatly reduce the cost of owning an inverter and converting higher capacities might defeat that purpose. 1.5kva is about the most common size of inverter cos it powers all your basic loads including a fridge.

In terms of load bearing and durability, from personal experience, the converted APC outperformed all the other inverter I have used of thesame rating and capacity. I personally use it in three different locations and it has really worked well. I have installed so many for clients and the feedback is heartwarming.

Coming to your case, if your load is within the 1.5kva capacity, go for the UPS otherwise use regular inverter.
The price of regular inverter is going crazy and we need to be ingenious to make alternative energy more affordable.

Many thanks.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
Today's installation at Ikorodu, Lagos.
1pc MHB fairly new 12v 200ah batteries
One 650va converted inverter
One 10amps 12vdc charger
Installation
Total cost - 60k

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by olabakefish: 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
I can bliv I read all the tread in one day, you ar indeed a blessing to this generation, I wish I had seen this thread earlier, I made very costly mistake that damaged my 200ah battery rita slim, I bought a used inverter from someone when the new one I bought blew up due to overloading, while I was trying to look for how to repair. I saw it very cheap and jumped at it, only for it to damage my battery which is now very expensive.

Please is there anyway the battery can be salvaged. It doesn't charge more than 3 minutes and when load a single 16w bulb the inverter starts to make.

Note I have fixed the inverter that blew up at their service centre.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by nasonaso: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
feflo:

If well managed, it will power the stated load for at least 6hrs. Thanks

Can I have d price for ur controllers
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by Adewakeup1(m): 11:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
Engr feflo,
Weld one bro, a great job you are doing here, I will soon contact you for my 1.5kva ups, meanwhile the man I installed the other smart charger for is enjoying it.
Thanks for the good work.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by electronic(m): 8:28am On Jun 30, 2016
1. 2.5KVA inverter
2. 4pcs. 12V 200AH fairly new deep cycle batteries
3. Rack for four batteries
4. AC breaker with fuse box
5. Knife Change Over switch
6. 30A External battery charger to complement the in built charger
7. Other accessories.

Mr femi pls how much would this setup cost now...thank you
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 8:50am On Jun 30, 2016
olabakefish:
I can bliv I read all the tread in one day, you ar indeed a blessing to this generation, I wish I had seen this thread earlier, I made very costly mistake that damaged my 200ah battery rita slim, I bought a used inverter from someone when the new one I bought blew up due to overloading, while I was trying to look for how to repair. I saw it very cheap and jumped at it, only for it to damage my battery which is now very expensive.

Please is there anyway the battery can be salvaged. It doesn't charge more than 3 minutes and when load a single 16w bulb the inverter starts to make.

Note I have fixed the inverter that blew up at their service centre.

Thanks for your compliments, really so sorry for your loss and hope you have learnt one or two things from it. I'll be glad if you can share the mistake that led to damaging your batteries here so that we all can learn from it. I personally don't know any technology that can be employed to salvage dead batteries. I'll love that you call me so that we can together look for solution to the problem at the most minimal cost.

Many Thanks
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 8:51am On Jun 30, 2016
Adewakeup1:
Engr feflo,
Weld one bro, a great job you are doing here, I will soon contact you for my 1.5kva ups, meanwhile the man I installed the other smart charger for is enjoying it.
Thanks for the good work.
Many thanks sir
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by olabakefish: 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2016
feflo:

Thanks for your compliments, really so sorry for your loss and hope you have learnt one or two things from it. I'll be glad if you can share the mistake that led to damaging your batteries here so that we all can learn from it. I personally don't know any technology that can be employed to salvage dead batteries. I'll love that you call me so that we can together look for solution to the problem at the most minimal cost.

Many Thanks

I can't tell the exact mistake I made, what happened was that I saw the inverter with a guy that sells power tools like drilling machine, grinders and the rest, he only happens to have the inverter in his shop and I asked him if it works and he said it is working fine, we could not even test it that day as there was no battery in his shop since that is not what he deals on. I was desperate for that inverter because the one at home was bad, he gave me his word that I can return it if it doesn't work, I connected it to my battery of less than 6 months brand new slim Ritar 200ah and there was light all night till 6am the next morning, then I put it on blving that it must have charged very well only for it to go off in 20min. I couldn't do anything about I left till I came back from work and I was told that there was light for considerable hours so I bliv it must be charged like the new one does only for it to do same.
I called the guy he asked me to bring it on getting there I tot he will refund my money, collected it and told me tp come back some days after that he would have fixed it, I he went back on the said day he gave back to me and was requesting that I give more money and I refused collected the inverter and left. During that time I had located the service centre and fixed my new inverter that went bad that's when I noticed the battery had gone bad. I took the inverter from the guy straight to the office and connect it to the battery in the office in less than 30mins it ran down a battery dat lasts hours, that went I knew I had use my money to buy wahala. The inverter actually damaged 2 batteries, one at home another at office, the run time for the at office was seriously reduced to like 45mins after the incident. That is when I new the that the inverter was the culprit. I just dump it somewhere. I will post the picture later for you to see. The most painful part was that I had a blue gate ups at home that I could have converted in the meam time. So when I stumbled on this thread I felt like crying because the cost of the battery now is so painful. With the way things are in the era of CHANGE. So please what was my mistake...
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by casig: 6:31am On Jul 01, 2016
feflo:
Couple it back and it's ready for use/delivery.
Please how does one determine whether a UPS you want to convert to an inverter is 12vdc or 24vdc?
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
olabakefish:

I can't tell the exact mistake I made, what happened was that I saw the inverter with a guy that sells power tools like drilling machine, grinders and the rest, he only happens to have the inverter in his shop and I asked him if it works and he said it is working fine, we could not even test it that day as there was no battery in his shop since that is not what he deals on. I was desperate for that inverter because the one at home was bad, he gave me his word that I can return it if it doesn't work, I connected it to my battery of less than 6 months brand new slim Ritar 200ah and there was light all night till 6am the next morning, then I put it on blving that it must have charged very well only for it to go off in 20min. I couldn't do anything about I left till I came back from work and I was told that there was light for considerable hours so I bliv it must be charged like the new one does only for it to do same.
I called the guy he asked me to bring it on getting there I tot he will refund my money, collected it and told me tp come back some days after that he would have fixed it, I he went back on the said day he gave back to me and was requesting that I give more money and I refused collected the inverter and left. During that time I had located the service centre and fixed my new inverter that went bad that's when I noticed the battery had gone bad. I took the inverter from the guy straight to the office and connect it to the battery in the office in less than 30mins it ran down a battery dat lasts hours, that went I knew I had use my money to buy wahala. The inverter actually damaged 2 batteries, one at home another at office, the run time for the at office was seriously reduced to like 45mins after the incident. That is when I new the that the inverter was the culprit. I just dump it somewhere. I will post the picture later for you to see. The most painful part was that I had a blue gate ups at home that I could have converted in the meam time. So when I stumbled on this thread I felt like crying because the cost of the battery now is so painful. With the way things are in the era of CHANGE. So please what was my mistake...

I don't think you made any mistake, the problem is caused by the inverter.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
casig:

Please how does one determine whether a UPS you want to convert to an inverter is 12vdc or 24vdc?

It's usually determined by the number of batteries you find in it though there are exceptions. One battery means 12vdc while two means 24vdc and so on.
Thanks
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
electronic:
1. 2.5KVA inverter
2. 4pcs. 12V 200AH fairly new deep cycle batteries
3. Rack for two batteries
6. 30A External battery charger to complement the in built charger
7. Other accessories.

Mr femi pls how much would this setup cost now...thank you

These are the available options now
A
1. 1.5KVA inverter
2. 2pcs. 12V 200AH fairly new deep cycle batteries
3. Rack for four batteries
6. Other accessories.
Total cost - 170k

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by olabakefish: 8:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
feflo:

I don't think you made any mistake, the problem is caused by the inverter.

So please what is the way forward am so confused now that things are tight, I was able to get things without stress, now I dare not cos of finance. It's just so painful, my friend that got his before mine is still enjoying it. cry
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 7:41am On Jul 02, 2016
olabakefish:

So please what is the way forward am so confused now that things are tight, I was able to get things without stress, now I dare not cos of finance. It's just so painful, my friend that got his before mine is still enjoying it. cry
Kindly call me on 08023662352 or 08165304602.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (108) (Reply)

pre order and order Elephone,xiaomi,meizu, Lenovo and all Chinese OEM here... / new 2TB & 4TB external hdd fully LOADEDâ„¢ with exciting contents **DAILY UPDATE** / Learn How To Start Mini Importation in Nigeria with as low as N4,000. See Proofs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.