Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here (39890 Views)

Get That Flawless Look In 7days! / Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / Patience Jonathan's "Stunning" Look In Pink Kaftan [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
Spanishmario:
dia wasn't any picture...y nt jst give me colours...fenkz

sorry, i didnt upload quickly, but its here now.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 9:56am On Sep 27, 2013
hello everyone.

here is an inspiration on styling a crop top.

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2013
If you are one of those that hate stressing the skin around the eyes especially when applying and removing make-up on the face and still dont want to look like you just got out bed .Here's a make up accessory to make your face come alive .

The Mascara.

Now you'd probably seen a lot of brands in the market and they often dont give you what it promises at least for me the one's i've tried in the past aren't that great either.
If you dont like fixing false lashes then you should try on this mascara from Maybelline,that is the brand i can honestly say it delivers what it says on the label.

http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/2013/10/maybelline-reason-why-i-have-never-used.html

The thing with make up is that you really dont need everything to make you look beautiful ,look for the essentials and that particular feature on your face you would like to enhance.
For me its usually my eye region , so whether i'm wearing a lipstick/gloss, foundation or not ,i always try to enhance my eyes and my eye brows.

a little eye brow brush ,some eye liners or better yet a mascara and your entire face brightens up. If your eye brows aren't perfect ,you can try filling them in.

I did this write up here because i have received a lot of questions on how one can dress properly with all that colours and prints with out any heavy make up and still not look over done.What i will not advice though is using other colours like red to fill in your brows. It defeats the purpose of playing down your make up in order for your dress ensemble to pop.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by babestell(f): 11:23am On Oct 08, 2013
Uzoo, Could you do something on face makeup and hair styles for ladies who wear glasses. Contacts is not an option here

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by oyinbogirl(f): 2:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hi, do you know were i can get that peach colour dress in the first pic? thanks....*follows topic * smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
babestell: Uzoo, Could you do something on face makeup and hair styles for ladies who wear glasses. Contacts is not an option here

Hi,for that i'm quite limited with choices. What you can do is accentuate the rest of your facial features that are not covered ,like your lips(i would suggest a red lipstick that suits your skin tone it will brighten up your face more) ,cheek bones ,eye brows too but not compulsory you apply anything on them if they already have a perfect arch .

Another thing you could try is to use dark eye liners for your upper eye lids and bright eye shadow colours like lavender or light blue to smudge slightly on the lower lid it makes it look you have contact lenses on ,and also, its the most visible part of your eye people can see through your glasses when looking at your face ( take a look at Zoe Saldana ,the black actress in the picture on the right beside Jennifer Aniston) to make your eyes brighter even behind the glasses. My cousin uses glasses too but she makes them fashionable ,like the one in the first picture (thick black frames that of Asha the Nigerian singer are still trending )

Hair style - Stay away from short bobs, or skull caps especially if the eye glass frames are thick and wide (You will end up looking like a head mistress or a grandmother,i'm only saying this because i'm assuming that you are looking for a young ,age appropriate look). Try up-Dos like Buns , or pony tails, or you could just let your hair down in a side or centre parting .

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
oyinbogirl: Hi, do you know were i can get that peach colour dress in the first pic? thanks....*follows topic * smiley

thanks for following , most of the items on my sets are sold on foreign online sites and unfortunately the dress has been sold out on the site here http://www.darlingclothes.com/category/dresses-tunics/249/

But here's another similar dress but without the metallic bronze detail on it

http://www.johnlewis.com/almari-seam-bodice-dress-coral/p665068?s_afcid=af_92295&awc=1203_1381341685_02ee502b127a13c3de891a39e4542854 its sold for £65 pounds, and they have available sizes.

also a similar one here

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/keeping-with-coral-dress?SSAID=256758&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=sas&utm_campaign=256758&utm_content=417942
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
this dress is so simple yet elegant.

i think with or without the jacket its a nice style inspiration smiley

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by lovelyharbie(f): 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2013
Love this smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
thanks smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Rejoyla(f): 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
Hi Uzo,I just got a pair of nude colored boots,its above ankle length bt below d knee.I got dem cos its d trend for fall(what we call harmattan in nigeria).Plssss,give me tips on how to rock dem so dt I dnt look tacky.Thanks
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Annie09: 5:14am On Oct 16, 2013
Hi uzoo, pls I need tips on how to accessorize my blue gown, though I was thinking of using a red shoe and bag I need to be sure the colours match cos I don't want to look tacky. Thanks
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 12:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
Rejoyla: Hi Uzo,I just got a pair of nude colored boots,its above ankle length bt below d knee.I got dem cos its d trend for fall(what we call harmattan in nigeria).Plssss,give me tips on how to rock dem so dt I dnt look tacky.Thanks

Hi, yea i know what you mean , i have a post on whats Trending this season here on nairaland , https://www.nairaland.com/1277461/trending-now-edited-version The boots are in.

I have the peep toe ankle ones in gold (pics below), which are not too bad for the humid weather too.

(To view the collection below in a larger picture ,visit here http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=100738544 )

First of all the colour Nnude(had to spell it that way 'cos the spam will change it to Unclad) isn't quite Nnude on African skin if you get what i mean so here you have an advantage of styling them with out being afraid to add some colourful accessories like the scarf or shawl around your neck or collars ,and more accessories like the hat or some chunky jewelry like the bracelet.

When styling a Mid-Calf women's boot , bottoms like Jeggings,Leggings ,Tights or skinny jeans are the best way to go ,by tucking them into the boots they give you a finished look.

Another way to style them is by wearing dresses or long oversized shirts . To make you look chic in a dress and a pair of boots get a Trench coat that's your perfect size , the ones with belts and/or button details can really give you that glam look. hope the pictures i put together will give you a heads up.

Number one : will work well for work

Number two : smart casual

Number three : casual / or play things up at night by wearing the leather skirts in the picture for a night out. If you are not comfortable showing of legs and also its getting a bit cold where you are then pair the skirts or shorts with some tights. The colours of the tights are up to you,really.

For the Faux fur Vest , you have to make sure the inner wear/top/blouse is a long sleeve when pairing with the Fur vest. With anything else you would look like you stepped out of the pub...lol
Also try an inner top/blouse with the cardigan/jacket beside the Fur vest , its got a belt which gives it that finished sort of like a preppy look

Number four : Out and about , for a smart look ,you can wear the trench coat with the knee length dress.

Number Five : this is my favourite look , its similar to number four except that its a flared dress, which you can also wear in any form of prints too

More pictures of Celebs below to give you more ideas

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
smiley

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
Annie09: Hi uzoo, pls I need tips on how to accessorize my blue gown, though I was thinking of using a red shoe and bag I need to be sure the colours match cos I don't want to look tacky. Thanks

Go for it! Damn ..that's a cool combination there , i could just picture it in my head as i was reading your post. One tip though,

For a navy blue dress or if its a blue colour that is on the dull side then make sure the red bag and shoe is bright red ,also
If you have are dark skin tone go for a bright red pair of shoes ,the shade of red of the bag doesn't really matter here with the skin tone, you can make both the same bright red.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Annie09: 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
Thanks uzoo will go for the bright red cos am dark skin tone. Really appreciate the tips.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Rejoyla(f): 6:56am On Oct 18, 2013
On behalf of everyone u av taken time off to answer our questions,thanks a lot uzo for the patienc,pictures and tips
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by babestell(f): 7:44am On Oct 18, 2013
Uzoo,
1) does it make fashion sense to wear boots in naija. And how would you advise one to pair it
2) all the dress combinations you posted, where can one buy them (am based in naija so it gotta be online)
3) am travelling to europe in Nov and am trying to figure out what dresses to take. It would be winter then
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
@Annie09
You're welcome dear.

@Rejoyla
Thank you too, glad i could be of help.

@ babestell
1) A Looooooot Of people especially Nigerians believe that boots no matter the length are meant for only cold regions and not for warm/hot weather like ours,but do you know that Boots originated from the state of Texas (USA) which has the same Humid and Arid climate as Nigeria does.Infact Texas is widely known as the home of boots yet they never experience snow or temperate weather.
So it doesn't matter any where you are ,putting on a pair of boots should be a thing of choice regardless of the weather but here's my advice when wearing boots.
a. Ensure they fit properly to enable walk properly
b. As a girl/lady You should go for trendy boots with heels if you are going for well dressed ensemble,Clean Smooth leather would be a good pick.
c. If you are not comfortable wearing full knee length boots especially in Nigeria (where all eyes will be on you and where they don't know its rude to stare) then go for a Mid-Calf pair of boots or a pair of Ankle Length Boots.
d. The best way to rock a good pair of Boots will be to Tuck your tights,leggings or skinny jeans into the boots ,you can wear this with a Good blouse with or without a jacket.
c. You can also wear mid calf boots or knee length boots with dresses ,probably knee length or slightly mini dresses ,with this ensemble i like to add a trench coat . Trench coats are perfect for the weather in Europe ,the ones with belts and buttons give you a very sophisticated look,Pop the collar if you want or roll up a scarf around your neck and you're ultimately a chic on the go. Have you ever walked the street of Milan ,or in Madrid those Spanish ladies know how to dress for me ,they way they accessorise an outfit will make you want to spend your entire cash on shopping for clothes.
e. If you wanna flirt ( by flirt i mean flaunt what you have like your legs ) try a knee length or mid calf boot with denim shorts/bum shorts,pair this with a long sleeve blouse or you can wear it with a short sleeve blouse with a boyfriend cardigan/a simple jacket.I see this combination a lot on Fergie, Cameron Diaz, and Jessica Simpson (see pics below).
For this look you can also wear the Uggs ( but honestly as much as i love to play dress up i'm not a fan of Ugg boots ) they give a more relaxed look for strolling out.

2)For shopping of any items you see online in the UK or any UK store contact this lady egbudje@gmail.com or bbpin: 273A921D ,she is a personal shopper who can get you any item you want for any size , she will ship to you and you guys can agree a fee for her job.

3) Jackets,blazers,coats,Denim trousers,Pant suits (Don't ever travel with out a nice Suit You never know what and where opportunities might bring you),jumpers,blouses,jeggings,leggings, and some tights for your short skirts ,some few dresses will not hurt for days that are not that chilly.

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
@babestell Continued

c. You can also wear mid calf boots or knee length boots with dresses ,probably knee length or slightly mini dresses ,with this ensemble i like to add a trench coat . Trench coats are perfect for the weather in Europe ,the ones with belts and buttons give you a very sophisticated look,Pop the collar if you want or roll up a scarf around your neck and you're ultimately a chic on the go. Have you ever walked the street of Milan ,or in Madrid those Spanish ladies know how to dress for me ,they way they accessorise an outfit will make you want to spend your entire cash on shopping for clothes.
e. If you wanna flirt ( by flirt i mean flaunt what you have like your legs ) try a knee length or mid calf boot with denim shorts/bum shorts,pair this with a long sleeve blouse or you can wear it with a short sleeve blouse with a boyfriend cardigan/a simple jacket.I see this combination a lot on Fergie, Cameron Diaz, and Jessica Simpson (see pics below).
For this look you can also wear the Uggs ( but honestly as much as i love to play dress up i'm not a fan of Ugg boots ) they give a more relaxed look for strolling out.

2) For shopping of any items you see online in the UK or any UK store contact this lady egbudje@gmail.com or bbpin: 273A921D ,she is a personal shopper who can get you any item you want for any size , she will ship to you and you guys can agree a fee for her job.

3) Jackets,blazers,coats,Denim trousers,Pant suits (Don't ever travel with out a nice Suit You never know what and where opportunities might bring you),jumpers,blouses,jeggings,leggings, and some tights for your short skirts ,some few dresses will not hurt for days that are not that chilly.

More ensemble with boots,i love this look with the black Ankle boots

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Yvete(f): 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
^^ Good job Uzoo. Love the grey and white look. Very cute for Fall/Winter. My favorite winter colors are Cognac, mustard yellow and orange with leggings and mid-calf boots.
@ Thread: I think suede and/or leather ankle boots are more appropriate for Naija. I've seen Nollywood actresses in tall boots and it looks tacky. lipsrsealed
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
Yvete: ^^ Good job Uzoo. Love the grey and white look. Very cute for Fall/Winter. My favorite winter colors are Cognac, mustard yellow and orange with leggings and mid-calf boots.
@ Thread: I think suede and/or leather ankle boots are more appropriate for Naija. I've seen Nollywood actresses in tall boots and it looks tacky. lipsrsealed

Really tacky Yvete, in fact its not just the tall boots but the way they walk in them and what they pair them up with. Some times i ask myself if these actors and actresses don't have a good ward robe stylist that can put something together to reflect the role they are actually playing in their movies.The type of boots i see them wear especially in their movies are absolutely hideous , i can not say much for the stuff they wear outside the set undecided
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 11:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
smiley thanks
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
more pics

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
more

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by babestell(f): 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
Thanks Uzoo,
Am encouraged to buy ankle lenght boots now. You are right about the staring, naija people can stare and mope and make you feel odd. That probably why I wont go for the mid calf and knee lenght types.
Thanks for the dress tips and for the contacts,
For me to see your post am guessing the issue with admins has been resolved. Good job
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
babestell: Thanks Uzoo,
Am encouraged to buy ankle lenght boots now. You are right about the staring, naija people can stare and mope and make you feel odd. That probably why I wont go for the mid calf and knee lenght types.
Thanks for the dress tips and for the contacts,
For me to see your post am guessing the issue with admins has been resolved. Good job

Yes dear , its sorted now .thanks
Enjoy your shopping.... smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here / Different Types Of Barbers You Will See In Nigeria. - Meme Collection / 7 Annoying Things Ladies Do When They Are Dressed To Kill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.