Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here (39870 Views)

Get That Flawless Look In 7days! / Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / Patience Jonathan's "Stunning" Look In Pink Kaftan [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 9:30am On Oct 25, 2013
Thanks
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Spanishmario(m): 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
@uzoo nd co...

M a guy nd m stuck trying 2 pick a subcareer(sumfyn non-academics) nd moi choice z eida fashion designing or hair stylist...naturally a fan of both....plz which z more classy nd I can learn in tym nywaiz m a fst learner...fenkz
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 4:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Spanishmario(m): 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
Spanishmario: @uzoo nd co...

M a guy nd m stuck trying 2 pick a subcareer(sumfyn non-academics) nd moi choice z eida fashion designing or hair stylist...naturally a fan of both....plz which z more classy nd I can learn in tym nywaiz m a fst learner...fenkz
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
Spanishmario: @uzoo nd co...

First of all sorry for the delay in replying you it took me quite a while to read and make out your written abbreviations here before i could understand what you were really asking,never the less i think i can understand what you really want to know.

i'm not a career adviser ,however i do think you should look for the particular one (fashion designing or hair styling) which you enjoy doing and which gives you some sort of fulfillment at the end of your achievements (something you can look at and be happy with). I believe this should always come first when choosing between the two because then, your real gifts/talents in those areas are naturally manifested. I know that some will argue this by saying that you should go for the one that will reward you more financially whether you like the job you 're doing or not , and whether your clients are happy with it or not.

So again , look closely at both and figure out which one you really really enjoy doing, by doing this , your work will be appreciated and everything else will start o fall in place.

i hope this helps.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Spanishmario(m): 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
Wow...fenkz@uzoo...ama gonna stick wiv hair dressing den....hoping 2 find a gewd skul...
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by kaze4blues(m): 6:57am On Oct 26, 2013
@uzoo, thanks a bunch.

I will also want u to talk about the different sun shades that can be used depending on the shape of one's face.
Both male and female though
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 6:55pm On Oct 28, 2013
smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 7:38pm On Oct 29, 2013
kaze4blues: @uzoo, thanks a bunch.

I will also want u to talk about the different sun shades that can be used depending on the shape of one's face.

will get back to you soon... trying to sort out my connection
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
So i stumbled upon a picture of the 5.11ft gorgeous 33 year old model Gisele leaving the airport after the Sao Paulo fashion week in Brazil

Wearing an animal print blazer and ripped skinny jeans with black ankle boots , she looked effortlessly chic. Its so amazing to see that the animal print is back in season.

So ladies if you've got questions on how to style yours . Drop them here .

In the mean time follow the link to get some ideas on styling smiley

http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/2013/11/rrrrrrgghh-wild-instinct.html

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
kaze4blues: @uzoo, thanks a bunch.

This requires a lot of demonstration through visual images so kindly Go here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAOZ2CDX0tk

let me know how it goes smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by kaze4blues(m): 7:15am On Nov 06, 2013
uzoo:

This requires a lot of demonstration through visual images so kindly Go here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAOZ2CDX0tk

let me know how it goes smiley

Thanks for d tip.

How about skinny pants on men that have a somehow big thigh?

Does it look cool??
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
kaze4blues:

Thanks for d tip.

How about skinny pants on men that have a somehow big thigh?

Does it look cool??

nope , i won't consider that to be cool.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
smiley

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by jessepinkman(f): 3:06am On Nov 08, 2013
Wow, your blog is amazing. It helps me a lot.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
jessepinkman: Wow, your blog is amazing. It helps me a lot.

Aww... thanks a lot. I'm glad i could be of help,and thanks for visiting my blog. smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 4:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
HOW TO STYLE YOUR WIDE LEG PANTS

If You think that the skinny pants and jeans will never fade away ,well, think again because as i type this ,the the latest hollywood trend now is the Wide -leg pants. The y come in diferent designs , different fabrics like the Plaid and tartan which is also trending now, and also in different shapes.

High-waist wide leg Pants - For this , you can either wear a cropped top for a more casual look like the picture of Gwen Stefani below or a long sleeve shirt tucked into the high waist pants to get a semi formal day time look. Now the rules behind any high waisst pant is to avoid wearing any belt on them because the job of the extended waist band on the pant is to do that which the Belt will ordinarily do and that is to give you a more defined waist line and a longer Torso.

Flare Leg Pants - This style is often very tricky to co-ordinate because the wrong type of blouse or accessories can totally destroy the look you are going for. So for dressing a flared pair of pants its best to to wear them with high stilletoes ,or heels , i prefer to style this with high heel clogs or wedges ( thick wooden soles)
If you have these pants with any detailing like studded waist line or a lose fabric belt that comes with the same pants then its advisable to wear them with the blouse tucked in. If you wear pastel colours or colours from the same bright family, try to break the colour pattern by introducing a bold coloured belt to the ensemble (e.g is picture number 4 in the sets)

You can also pair a wide leg pant with a blazer or Jacket or try any of the victorian shirts in the sets.

DONTS

PAIR ANY FORM OF HIGH BOOTS WITH WIDE LEG PANTS (No mid-calf boots ,no knee length boots)

TRY TO FOLD THE ENDS OF A WIDE LEG PANT TO MAKE IT A CROPPED PANT

if you have any questions on styling this particular outfit ,kindly drop them here. In the mean time ,you can view the pictures of the sets i created below and also the ones with celebrities to get an idea of what i have written here. Thanks

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
Here is a picture of Sofia Vergara in a pair of wide leg jeans , i always like to use her when creating sets because i think she has the perfect hour glass figure that can rock virtually anything.

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 1:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
Missed my favorite section of the forum....

Anyone still looking for what to wear this christmas season , visit here http://www.jalisasfashionfiles.com/blog/article/-3-christmas-outfit-ideas-2013-

i Like the Faux leather skirt , perfect for the harmattan season creeping in slowly

Wanted to post more pictures but my connection is really messing up..i'll keep trying

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2013

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Rhukie(f): 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
Thank you so much for d tips. Some of it have saved my day. Pls is there a longer version of the leather skirt?

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by gianni(f): 1:21am On Dec 18, 2013
Hello uzoo! I need some advice on colors. I get a lot of compliments each time I wear black .shirts, blouses, sweats, dresses, etc
Now I'm changing my wardrobe and since I can't have an all-black line up,can you, please, suggest other colors that can also give me this same wow-factor .

P.s: I'm dark-skinned, Mac 'NW45', Revlon 'caramel'. I hope that helps.lol.
THANKS.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
Rhukie: Thank you so much for d tips. Some of it have saved my day. Pls is there a longer version of the leather skirt?

You're welcome .

You can visit the links below and find them . If you are in Nigeria and would like to shop for something similar and sent to you contact this chic egbudje@gmail.com or bbpin: 273A921D

http://www.riverisland.com/women/skirts/tube--pencil-skirts/Black-leather-look-pencil-skirt-645488?mid=38432&cur=GBP&cmpid=af_Linkshare_UK_Hy3bqNL2jtQ&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-nClcM3YjnvN4Cztr_OIoHw
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 3:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
gianni: Hello uzoo! I need some advice on colors. I get a lot of compliments each time I wear black .shirts, blouses, sweats, dresses, etc
Now I'm changing my wardrobe and since I can't have an all-black line up,can you, please, suggest other colors that can also give me this same wow-factor .

P.s: I'm dark-skinned, Mac 'NW45', Revlon 'caramel'. I hope that helps.lol.
THANKS.

Hi,
welcome to the family ....lol i'm also a black ensemble lover , but i do like some colours once in a while.

Have you tried Pastels , they are subtle ways of bringing in colour into an outfit .

will be posting pictures soon , i'm creating a few sets to give you ideas... just a minute

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 4:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
@gianni

Here are pictures of some pastel outfits , they can also be worn with black , but if you really want to bring in black , try adding them as accessories like your bags ,shoes , belts , etc.

For other bold colours besides black , you can try deep blue , navy blue or purple.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
@gianni

Like i said you can add some bold colours to the pastel like the picture below

You can also wear them as jackets( pics below), you can bring in the inner wear with some details like the white one beside the jacket , and take out the jacket when the weather gets a bit warmer and still look formal with just the blouse.

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by gianni(f): 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
Oh Uzoo, this is sooooo me. Thank you so much. Amma start hunting down these lovely pieces, tho I can spot some that I already have . This is just my style. Thanks.
Can you be my cyber-buddy? Please, say yes! Lol
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by gianni(f): 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
But Uzoo, hmm, pastels worn as bottoms, not sure about that. especially for curvy ladies like me. I don't think it would really give that slimming effect or what do you think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashion Or Madness? / Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here / Different Types Of Barbers You Will See In Nigeria. - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.