Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,704 members, 7,851,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:35 PM

What Do You Think? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do You Think? (827 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think? by onyinye2(f): 12:40am On Jun 03, 2008
Early this week, i was catching up with Flavor of Love 3 and was terrible disgusted. Is this what us black have become? The next day some white kids were passing by me on the street and one of them just came out with the N word. I was deeply disgusted and confronted them. They said that it was okay to say it cuz the black people here say it all the time so it doesnt offend anyone. I was shocked. Have we as a people accepted this to our culture?? Do you think shows such Flavor of Love, I Love New York, and All under one roof has increased the stereotyping against us black folks?? And if you do, what can we do to show more positive examples of B. I. B.?? (black is beautiful)
Re: What Do You Think? by SourSex: 12:51am On Jun 03, 2008
onyinye2:

hi onyinye
watzup
waz wondering y if u aint coming 4 2nits chat?
Re: What Do You Think? by onyinye2(f): 12:53am On Jun 03, 2008
could you clarify
Re: What Do You Think? by SourSex: 1:03am On Jun 03, 2008
B.I.B
just vote BO my man
bash Hilary.
NIGGER 4 life
lets talk bout u
i sent u a mail cuz one G said 'are u fine?'
Onyinye I.B
Black I.B
Re: What Do You Think? by naijadiva2(f): 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2008
@ onyinye

I understand what you are saying. but for real, i don't let things like that bother me because i am not living for the next black person, i am living for my self. so if people want to portray black a certain way, i just don't care anymore because i am me and not every black individual.

(1) (Reply)

The Easy Way To Rip And Put Your Dvd On Your Ipod / What Is Wrong With Saggy Pants? / Nigerians And Excessive Use Of Shorthand In Their Messaging.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.