Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

What Is Wrong With Saggy Pants? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Wrong With Saggy Pants? (823 Views)

What Is Wrong In Being Black? / Why Every World Map You're Looking At Is wrong / Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Saggy Pants? by timmy2409(m): 9:54pm On Oct 24, 2010
Many people believe saggin pants is an inherently wrong and stupid act/fashion fad. Most of them argue that pant sagging originated from prison where it meant the ‘sagger’ was willing to have butt sex with anybody that might be interested. Some others, mostly Nigerian, think it is a bad American habit and for that reason alone, is wrong.

Well for me, I sag my pants because sometimes, while I'm neither doing nor thinking of anything sexually related, I get these really nasty erections that just won't die down, so I just have to sag my pants to hold Mr Bulge in. I tried wearing boxer-briefs, but I just couldn't stand the discomfort they gave me, so pant sagging just had to come to the rescue.

To people that argue about the homoerotic nature of sagging: Are male skinny jeans also gay since they show a man's butt shape? If they are, how come nobody complained back in the day when men wore those Elvis Presley/Fela type pants (those pants that were extremely tight at the waist and flared at the bottom)?

Also what truth does the homosexual prisoners story hold? If sagging signified gayness, wouldn't all inmates would be gay since they don’t all wear belts and thus their pants can fall below their waist level at any time

Just my opinion though, what do you think?
Re: What Is Wrong With Saggy Pants? by Dsense(m): 10:27pm On Oct 24, 2010
Nice topic poster, Don't think if i've come acrossed such topic on Nl before.
Well to me, Sagging is nothing but a way of feeling more comfortable nd wearing tight jeams doesn't mean ur a gay .However most of ma jeans re tight nd pple re free to say watevr dey like.Also i've been accused many times of walking like gay which didn't upset me bcoz i know i'm not nd can neva be.
To cut it short ''sagging'' doesn't mean some1 is not responsible,Neither wearing tight jeans means u re gay.
Re: What Is Wrong With Saggy Pants? by InkedNerd(f): 10:37am On Oct 25, 2010
Oooooh, nice discussion. I'd like to see more responses from people though. timmy2409, I think you might be my new favorite member on NL.
Re: What Is Wrong With Saggy Pants? by kokoye(m): 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2010
this is a duplicate thread - there's a longer one on the front page.
Re: What Is Wrong With Saggy Pants? by timmy2409(m): 1:32am On Oct 26, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Oooooh, nice discussion. I'd like to see more responses from people though. timmy2409, I think you might be my new favorite member on NL.

Haha I'm flattered. smiley

kokoye:

this is a duplicate thread - there's a longer one on the front page.

Yeah true. My bad.
thread continues here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-538221.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians And Excessive Use Of Shorthand In Their Messaging. / When Will Presidency Reach The Igbos / China Ends One-child Policy After 35 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.