Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,340 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels (234106 Views)

NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P / Federal Government Agency Recruiting 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by corrall(f): 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
Hi friends, please who knows the salary of a federal govt worker? Someone is giving me an option and i would like to know their salary range before exploring the option. Thank you.

Please note, I am working now and I earn about 200k. But it's a contract job in a construction firm.

Advices and inputs are needed.

Thanks

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by 234GT(m): 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
Entry level for university graduates is between 75 and 85k after tax in core federal civil service. I am sure university graduates on level 8 in civil defence earn 121k after tax.
I advise you to stay at your present job and continue looking for other jobs in the construction industry using your experience as a launchpad.
The decision is yours sha!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Ayuslad(m): 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
For entry level University graduate, the monthly salary is #60k for workers in the Federal ministries. While the entry level University graduate in the Federal Parastatals earn at least #110k monthly.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by sholajohn(f): 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2013
Entry level of any fed. Ministries is 49-51k, dts take home. While it varies with parastatals and agencies, lookin @ 65-130k.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by corrall(f): 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
Wow, na wa o, that's low o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by goldwaters(f): 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
The fed govt job will be more secure in d long run. U shld not trade it for a contract job With no job security. My thoughts though.

14 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by joe4christ(m): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
goldwaters: The fed govt job will be more secure in d long run. U shld not trade it for an contract job With no job security. My thoughts though.

Dont u just get it?
She is already into the contract Job thing and she said she earns nothing less than 200k, else i think your post is true, she should get a more secured Job in federal paracetamol. Lol!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by sexy74(m): 7:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
@ Poster
The salaries veries in ministries and parastatals, this is due to the salary scale been used in the one you intend to be. Ranges from 80'-250K.
In my organisation after tax for a level 8 is about 250.
In respect of you already enjoying 200k in your current employment cannot compared to that of a government. Job security is more in the government than construction and u have more opportunities to rise and grow though in some cases it will be boring initially.
I will advice u take the government Job and build yourself from there. You will have time for yourself and update yourself more education wise. ( E.g getting a higher degree).
Please again chose the government Job.

8 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by corrall(f): 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2013
Thanks everyone for the input so far. I already have a masters degree, so I no de go school again jare. I am married n I bring my share to the table. I am based in Lagos, n the government job will be in Abuja, does that mean I will have to relocate? For a lower pay? Tough one I must say. And did someone say there will be no pay initially? Ha.

Sexy74 abeg which ministry are u under?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2013
^^^
For the first 2 months, no pay but you will get paid for the 2 months at the end of the third month...leaving 200k contract job for government job is a very tough decision cos government work is very boring and not challenging. Sometimes, for a whole month, you will just go to office to watch movie, sell n buy shoes, aso-ebi grin etc. Since you have a Masters, you can harmonize your appointment later (after entry) to be placed on the appropriate level.

If the job is in Abuja, you can always transfer to Lagos depending on how strong your link is cos almost all federal agencies have offices in Lagos...lastly, If I will advise, I will tell you to take the job based on security, free time for children n family; who knows you might end up as a Perm. Secretary someday. (highest position in civil service)

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by mkoabiola: 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
corrall: Thanks everyone for the input so far. I already have a masters degree, so I no de go school again jare. I am married n I bring my share to the table. I am based in Lagos, n the government job will be in Abuja, does that mean I will have to relocate? For a lower pay? Tough one I must say. And did someone say there will be no pay initially? Ha.

Abeg dash me ds ur contract job,I don't mind oooo,even if na 100K

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by rodeo0070(m): 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
Hey Sis. If your link is 100% sure, then go for that F.Government job. I know its not about the salary that bothers you but some "side legal cash" you get from your present job. I know this cos I work in a construction company too. There's time, and opportunity to grow there than in the construction sector. From there, you have more chance to excel in your chosen career and also have time to seek other good jobs or better still, set up your own outfit. FG job pays in the long-run...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by rodeo0070(m): 11:21pm On Aug 10, 2013
corrall: Thanks everyone for the input so far. I already have a masters degree, so I no de go school again jare. I am married n I bring my share to the table. I am based in Lagos, n the government job will be in Abuja, does that mean I will have to relocate? For a lower pay? Tough one I must say. And did someone say there will be no pay initially? Ha.

Ds one na real matter o! Indeed, matter don mess for pesin mouth come add salt join...
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by amadice(m): 11:36pm On Aug 10, 2013

......chairman if i were u i will concentrate on my current job which pays me 200k do u knw y?....ur a masters degres holder i guess u hav certifications already y dnt u turn ur contract jon into a permanant 1?....seekin a govt job which pays low, and i guess u might nt get job satifisfaction is insane?...n ur relocating to abj which is expensive to stay....oga wit ur qualicaation u can do better outside govt job.....JOB SECURITY IS BY GODS GRACE NT MANS GRACE....tanks

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by sexy74(m): 11:48pm On Aug 10, 2013
@ Poster
Am with an agency under science and technology.
Yes u have to relocate and since u have a masters degree you will be started from level 9.
Think properly and pray for direction to do the right thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Lyoncrescent: 9:13am On Aug 11, 2013
I work with a regulatory agency under the Ministry of Aviation in Lagos

I entered as a Level 9 cos I have a masters degree

The job security is awesome. Its hard for u to get fired.
The job also permits be to do some side businesses as I actually have a life rather than a rigid job structure.

I'm not sure if this is uniform across all federal agencies but that's how it is where I work.

Federal agencies are not as bad as people paint it. Trust me. I'm in d system and I know.

Relocating to abuja might be difficult for u but maybe u can be redeployed to lagos in d future. In summary, look beyond d salary. There's much more to working in a federal agency or ministry.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by zinaunreal(m): 9:27am On Aug 11, 2013
Y are all the university graduate salaries different
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by obinna002: 9:37am On Aug 11, 2013
Make una no dey advice her, she knows wat she's doing, she's is married n there's no way she will relocate n live her husband, if u guys like advice her till next 10years

15 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by corrall(f): 11:44am On Aug 11, 2013
obinna002: Make una no dey advice her, she knows wat she's doing, she's is married n there's no way she will relocate n live her husband, if u guys like advice her till next 10years

Lol at this post, trust me Obinna, if I get a 600k job in Abuja, oga will relocate too, lol.

But you have a point sha.

@Lyoncrescent, I am not sure it is like that in all agencies o.

But great points to note.
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by dridowu: 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
How i wish am in your shoe, i no go think am twice, na FG JOB SHAPSHAP................................but seriously look beyond salary and i believe with God you wont regret it, @least u will have more freedom than the private sector. For relocating to Abuja, is a small issue, u will surely get along with it, d only issue i have with dat how will u b able to cope since u are married and ur hubby and children are in lagos here.
Pray to God for direction
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by corrall(f): 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2013
Hmmm, well, the person that offered me went ahead to get me a letter of appointment. Guess what, it is stated no where the salary amount and that i will be on probation for two years.

Biko, i will continue with my contract job.

Thanks everyone for the advise.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by gbawee: 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
About about salary for Level 9 at the Federal Ministry of Justice?
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by mkoabiola: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2013
corrall: Hmmm, well, the person that offered me went ahead to get me a letter of appointment. Guess what, it is stated no where the salary amount and that i will be on probation for two years.

Haba!2yrs too much.
Wetin u go de spend b4 den.
Nawa ooo.
Nja I hail ooo.
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by corrall(f): 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2013
mko abiola:
Haba!2yrs too much.
Wetin u go de spend b4 den.
Nawa ooo.
Nja I hail ooo.

I tire.
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
You will be paid your full salary for the two years you will be on probation o.

3 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by obinna002: 7:02am On Aug 13, 2013
Don't believe this story,

2 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by steffans(m): 8:11am On Aug 13, 2013
corrall: Hmmm, well, the person that offered me went ahead to get me a letter of appointment. Guess what, it is stated no where the salary amount and that i will be on probation for two years.

I tink if u told us the name of d Org. We culd have helped u better.. And advice u accordingly...

Since u have decided to stay with u fmly...
All d best!!!

However, its jst Sad dat u were offered a Job and dey are MILLIONs of graduates dat need d Job u jst rejected.. And dey can't get it...

sad

8 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by corrall(f): 11:37am On Aug 13, 2013
steffans:

I tink if u told us the name of d Org. We culd have helped u better.. And advice u accordingly...

Since u have decided to stay with u fmly...
All d best!!!

However, its jst Sad dat u were offered a Job and dey are MILLIONs of graduates dat need d Job u jst rejected.. And dey can't get it...

sad

i understand you, i need a job, in Lag. If i had that job in Lag, i would not have minded the fact that they were employing me to do what i dont want to do. If i did not also have any other job, then i would have probably taken it. But i did not think it wise for me to leave my present job, relocate to a more expensive state, with a family, for a job that i did not even have a clue about what i will be paid, and to do a job that i will not enjoy doing.

I could not take that chance abeg.

Moreover, i was not interviewed for the job. It was at NCAC. Personally, i knew i would regret it if i took the job and i would have been looking for another one in no time. The person sha don vex say i turn am down.

I de find work for oil company jare.

And for Obinna that said he does not believe the story, well...what can i say.

4 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
obinna002: Don't believe this story,
U read my mind bro undecided undecided
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by obiajurumlucky(m): 8:26am On Sep 21, 2014
Pls can any boby in the house tell me the present salary of FMC for a level 8 graduate. Pls I need ur help felow niiralanders.
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lyoncrescent: I work with a regulatory agency under the Ministry of Aviation in Lagos

I entered as a Level 9 cos I have a masters degree

The pay is about 150k after tax

However I'm an IT person and I get some other source of revenue on d side when we have to buy software and do installations at work.

The job security is awesome. Its hard for u to get fired. Most people close 3:30 pm

I get to travel out of the country twice a year for training.

Being to Atlanta,India,South Africa and Singapore over the last 2 years.

For each of these trips, I also get paid. I also do the exams for each of these trainings so I'm equally developing myself

Also attend local workshops and trainings too.

The job also permits be to do some side businesses as I actually have a life rather than a rigid job structure.

I'm not sure if this is uniform across all federal agencies but that's how it is where I work.

Federal agencies are not as bad as people paint it. Trust me. I'm in d system and I know.

Relocating to abuja might be difficult for u but maybe u can be redeployed to lagos in d future. In summary, look beyond d salary. There's much more to working in a federal agency or ministry.
abeg help a fellow nigerian na

1 Like

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Mekyno(m): 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
ladunsky: abeg help a fellow nigerian na
wich kind help u min?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Test Invitation / Zenith Bank Interview 2016 / ICPC Recruitment Online Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.