Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels (234602 Views)

NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P / Federal Government Agency Recruiting 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Heineken(m): 11:36am On Jun 24, 2016
corrall:
Hi friends, please who knows the salary of a federal govt worker? Someone is giving me an option and i would like to know their salary range before exploring the option. Thank you.

Please note, I am working now and I earn about 200k. But it's a contract job in a construction firm.

Advices and inputs are needed.

Thanks
nawao.. 200k? Bless me small na sis. Me no get job o
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Heineken(m): 11:39am On Jun 24, 2016
sexy74:
@ Poster
The salaries veries in ministries and parastatals, this is due to the salary scale been used in the one you intend to be. Ranges from 80'-250K.
In my organisation after tas for a level 8 is about 250.
In respect of you already enjoying 200k in your current employment cannote compared to that of a goevrnment. Job security is more in the government than constrcution and u have more oppourtunites to rise and grow though in some cased it will be noring initiallty.
I will advice u take the government Job and build yourself from ther. You will have time for yourself and update yourself more education wise. ( E.g getting a higher degree).
Please again chose the goernment Job.
hi bro.. Please help me if you have any connection.. Am a graduate of Mass Communication and in Abuja.. Am just at home doing nothing after my nysc.
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Heineken(m): 11:43am On Jun 24, 2016
Lyoncrescent:
I work with a regulatory agency under the Ministry of Aviation in Lagos

I entered as a Level 9 cos I have a masters degree

The pay is about 150k after tax

The job security is awesome. Its hard for u to get fired.
The job also permits be to do some side businesses as I actually have a life rather than a rigid job structure.

I'm not sure if this is uniform across all federal agencies but that's how it is where I work.

Federal agencies are not as bad as people paint it. Trust me. I'm in d system and I know.

Relocating to abuja might be difficult for u but maybe u can be redeployed to lagos in d future. In summary, look beyond d salary. There's much more to working in a federal agency or ministry.
hi bro.. Please help me.. I am a graduate of Mass Communication.. No job for now after nysc. Please.. Am not thinking straight again. If you have any connection abeg boss.
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by jayquesamz: 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2016
How much is the pay at National bureau of statistics in Abuja,

Does anyone know?
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Dexty10: 1:24pm On Jan 11, 2017
Please people,
I don't know too much about government institutions, but which pay more; ministries, parastatals or agencies?
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Makudus(m): 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2017
Dexty10:
Please people,
I don't know too much about government institutions, but which pay more; ministries, parastatals or agencies?
parastatals and agencies pays more than ministries
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Snowstorm: 10:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
iscowilliam:
WELCOME TO THE
BROTHERHOOD.
Join the Illuminati cult
following information's
so that we can commerce on
your registration as a full member
in the
secret order of the
Illuminati of the magician
Full name..............
Country................
State of origin........
Date of birth.........
Sex....................
Address....................
Phone...................
Email address..............
photo.....................
Attach Scan I'd card,passport
or driver
license containing your full
details
Tell us little about yourself... Attach scan
school certificate..
No dirty game,no sacrifices
fill careful and get back to us
as soon as
possible
Note: if you are not ready to
do this
Illu secret court please
do not fill this
form, but if you are
serious minded you can fill and get back to
us as soon as possible

here is the email address you need to contact : (iscoilluminatiagent@gmail.com)or you can call on this phone number : (+2348147673395)
REGARD
Isco Williams
jonzing guuy

1 Like

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Valindazz(m): 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
rodeo0070:
Hey Sis. If your link is 100% sure, then go for that F.Government job. I know its not about the salary that bothers you but some "side legal cash" you get from your present job. I know this cos I work in a construction company too. There's time, and opportunity to grow there than in the construction sector. From there, you have more chance to excel in your chosen career and also have time to seek other good jobs or better still, set up your own outfit. FG job pays in the long-run...
pls cn I work with your firm? I'm a civil engineer.

1 Like

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by hugochuks60(m): 12:43am On May 30, 2017
consider career path, age n job satisfaction before u move. if u r a civil engineer then ncac is not a good place for u to work as u will eventually be redundant doing nothing n even if u do, it will as tho someone will be forcing u to do it. NRC, nnpc, n the ministry of works will be good places for u if u av link in these areas start going. moreover u av a good paying job that gives u experience n satisfaction coupled with a reasonable pay which in d ministry u will need to get to level 11 or 12 before u earn such. u will still work with government, but for d main time retain ur job, work hard to maintain it n then wen to get to a certain stage u resign n join government work where u will sit n rest n watch film by them ur kids r already grown to a level that they can go n come back home. remember old people don't work in companies, it is only young graduates that do so. y not use ur youth to be productive n make enough money m gain experience that will help u wen u r older.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by hathiba: 10:57am On Nov 08, 2017
amadice:
......chairman if i were u i will concentrate on my current job which pays me 200k do u knw y?....ur a masters degres holder i guess u hav certifications already y dnt u turn ur contract jon into a permanant 1?....seekin a govt job which pays low, and i guess u might nt get job satifisfaction is insane?...n ur relocating to abj which is expensive to stay....oga wit ur qualicaation u can do better outside govt job.....JOB SECURITY IS BY GODS GRACE NT MANS GRACE....tanks

Federal Government civil service job is one hell of a job that brings about brain drain, lots of redundancy, no challe nges to spur u on, plenty of irrelevant gisting time. Promotion is turn by turn and not based on qualification or certification.. while reason people prefer Federal govt job to other jobs is based on job security...bt alas !!! there is more t life than job security.. of what use is the job security when you are not fulfilled on the job? of what used to is the job security when I cannot think proactively on the job...

4 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by hugochuks60(m): 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
[quote author=hathiba post=62182098]
Federal Government civil service job is one hell of a job that brings about brain drain, lots of redundancy, no challe nges to spur u on, plenty of irrelevant gisting time. Promotion is turn by turn and not based on qualification or certification.. while reason people prefer Federal govt job to other jobs is based on job security...bt alas !!! there is more t life than job security.. of what use is the job security when you are not fulfilled on the job? of what used to is the job security when I cannot think proactively on the job...[/quote

U r so on point dear

1 Like

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by raginmond: 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
hathiba:

Federal Government civil service job is one hell of a job that brings about brain drain, lots of redundancy, no challe nges to spur u on, plenty of irrelevant gisting time. Promotion is turn by turn and not based on qualification or certification.. while reason people prefer Federal govt job to other jobs is based on job security...bt alas !!! there is more t life than job security.. of what use is the job security when you are not fulfilled on the job? of what used to is the job security when I cannot think proactively on the job...

Thats brain drain for whoever chooses to do nothing. I obviously wnt waste the free time doing nothing....The beauty of fg job is that you can do additional stuffs without constraint....a tech enthusiast for example can go to work with his or her laptop and spend the day learning new stuffs rather than sit idle

9 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by micflo28(m): 11:22am On Dec 28, 2018
You are a woman with a husband working too what do you need so much money for. Take the government job and augment the family with certainty you will never search for jobs again. It might interest you to know that you can get subsidized lands from cooperatives an outsider may not be privy of and other fringe benefits. If you are still this ambitious i pray you dont fall into the hands of terrible male bosses that need you to sleep with them to keep your job. Contract is not permanent. You will get booted out someday. Dont feel too comfortable.

1 Like

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by tozzkinnie: 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2019
Please how much is fedral ministry of finance level 8 salary
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Heineken(m): 3:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
Imagine since when I posted till now no job. For how long na God.. Am tired
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by toluleke(m): 9:16am On Mar 24, 2020
Heineken:
Imagine since when I posted till now no job. For how long na God.. Am tired
when God decides to wipe your tears he would wipe it off without leaving a trace of any droplet

1 Like

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Heineken(m): 9:23am On Mar 24, 2020
toluleke:
when God decides to wipe your tears he would wipe it off without leaving a trace of any droplet
wow.. Amen o. Thanks so much sir.
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by tomdon(m): 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2020
Lyoncrescent:

The job also permits be to do some side businesses as I actually have a life rather than a rigid job structure.

I'm not sure if this is uniform across all federal agencies but that's how it is where I work.

Federal agencies are not as bad as people paint it. Trust me. I'm in d system and I know.

Relocating to abuja might be difficult for u but maybe u can be redeployed to lagos in d future. In summary, look beyond d salary. There's much more to working in a federal agency or ministry.

Can someone get level 13 with work experience
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by Lyoncrescent: 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2020
tomdon:

Can someone get level 13 with work experience

If your work experience is with government or with a recognised institution then yes you can. However based on calculation, entry level of bsc is level 8 so for level 13, you need 12 years post nysc experience.

1 Like

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by tomdon(m): 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
sexy74:
@ Poster
The salaries veries in ministries and parastatals, this is due to the salary scale been used in the one you intend to be. Ranges from 80'-250K.
In my organisation after tax for a level 8 is about 250.
In respect of you already enjoying 200k in your current employment cannot compared to that of a government. Job security is more in the government than construction and u have more opportunities to rise and grow though in some cases it will be boring initially.
I will advice u take the government Job and build yourself from there. You will have time for yourself and update yourself more education wise. ( E.g getting a higher degree).
Please again chose the government Job.

Hello man,
Please can someone get level 13 with 12 years work experience and certification from regulatory body of one's field

And as from what level is director
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by tomdon(m): 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
Lyoncrescent:

If your work experience is with government or with a recognised institution then yes you can. However based on calculation, entry level of bsc is level 8 so for level 13, you need 12 years post nysc experience.

Thanks man for your response.
I have 13 years of work experience in two private companies over the span of 13 years post nysc. The second company is well recognized and this is my 9th year here in.
The company I currently work does exactly the same thing as the government organization I am eyeing for a start but with higher standards ( government organizations have very poor standards and one wonders why they don't seek improved standards).
I also have certification in my field awarded by the regulatory body and I'm currently doing masters in my course. Is level 14 remotely possible for me?
Why I'm asking is because a friend was telling me that the best I can get is level 12 though he's not sure, but i don't think I can take level 12.
How I am supposed to get a job is through the DG of an organization who already offered me civil service job through my dad though I declined before but I'm now ready to accept .
My current emolument is over 300 monthly and I'm only interested in civil service because of the directorship in view in few years and also because I heard they send staffs abroad for training as from a certain level. What level does directorship start

1 Like

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by micflo28(m): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2020
I advice you go for a permanent position in that your construction firm. I am a federal worker in Abuja but I can assure you the salary is rubbish here in Abuja. I am going to boost my qualifications and ditch the so called govt work for a good private company.

3 Likes

Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by akojifred: 1:06am On Jun 25, 2020
corrall:
Hi friends, please who knows the salary of a federal govt worker? Someone is giving me an option and i would like to know their salary range before exploring the option. Thank you.

Please note, I am working now and I earn about 200k. But it's a contract job in a construction firm.

Advices and inputs are needed.

Thanks
my guy how many government work will pay u that kind of money
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by nurez305(m): 11:20am On Jul 22, 2020
Lyoncrescent:

bro please can you link me to any federal government job.... I will really appreciate it
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by GentlePEACE: 6:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
corrall:
Hmmm, well, the person that offered me went ahead to get me a letter of appointment. Guess what, it is stated no where the salary amount and that i will be on probation for two years.

Biko, i will continue with my contract job.

Thanks everyone for the advise.
Hello, can you pls link me up. My email is okebarn@gmail.com Thanks
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by sogmart(m): 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2021
Same here! Abeg i still dey find job. Btech graduate here.
Valindazz:
pls cn I work with your firm? I'm a civil engineer.
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by micflo28(m): 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Don't bother coming to an FG job, I am in one already and will soon leave for the private sector.
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by evioke(m): 10:07pm On Feb 04, 2021
micflo28:
Don't bother coming to an FG job, I am in one already and will soon leave for the private sector.
Bros good evening, please fix me in this job.
Re: Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels by VTJN(m): 8:07am On Feb 08, 2021
micflo28:
You could swap me up with the federal Job if you don't mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Test Invitation / Zenith Bank Interview 2016 / ICPC Recruitment Online Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.