Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) (1719 Views)

JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? / Tribute To The Best Rapper Of All Time 2pac Shakur 16/06/1971 - 13/09/1996 / American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by Shaz(f): 4:44am On Jun 03, 2008
Some new that I'm testing. Here goes anyways.

Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. (born September 27, 1982), better known for his stage name Lil Wayne, is an American rapper. He met the Cash Money Records collective as a teenager and eventually recorded for the label. He was a member of the rap group, Hot Boys.

He was born Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. and grew up in the Hollygrove neighborhood of New Orleans, Louisiana. Dwayne was in the gifted program at Lafayette Elementary School, and was in the drama club in middle school. At age eleven, he met Bryan Williams, rapper and owner of Cash Money Records. Wayne recorded freestyle raps on Williams' answering machine; Williams would eventually mentor the young Wayne and include him in Cash Money-distributed songs. He dropped out of school at age 14. At the age of 16, Wayne had a daughter named Reginae Carter with Antonia "Toya" Johnson, his high school sweetheart. The two later divorced.

In 1997, Wayne formed the group Hot Boys along with rappers Juvenile, Turk, and B.G., who released their debut CD Get It How You Live that year. In 1998, the group's major-label debut Guerrilla Warfare was released; it was followed in 2003 by Let Em Burn.

The first music album to feature Lil Wayne's vocals was the debut album of the Cash Money-signed group Hot Boys titled Get It How You Live!, released in 1997; Lil Wayne was the youngest member of that group. In 1998, Wayne was featured on the song "Back That Azz Up" by Juvenile. The second album by the group, titled Guerrilla Warfare, was released in 1999 before Wayne's solo debut was released.

Filmography
Baller Blockin (2000)
Who's Your Caddy? (2007)
Fast and Furious (2009) (forthcoming)
The Patriots (forthcoming)

Discography

Solo Albums
1999: Tha Block Is Hot
2000: Lights Out
2002: 500 Degreez
2004: Tha Carter
2005: Tha Carter II
2008: Tha Carter III

EP Albums
2007: The Leak

Collaboration Albums
2006: Like Father, Like Son (w. Birdman)

Compilation Albums
2008: Happy Father's Day (w. Birdman)

Official Mixtapes
2003: Da Drought
2004: Da Drought 2
2004: The Prefix
2005: Dedication
2005: The Suffix
2006: Dedication 2
2006: Blow: I Cant Feel My Face Prequel (w. Juelz Santana)
2007: Da Drought 3
2007: When The North & South Collide (w. Juelz Santana)

In Progress
2008/2009: I Can't Feel My Face (w. Juelz Santana)
2008/2009: Love Sawngz (R&B Album)
2008/2009: Best Of Young Worlds (w. Lloyd)
2008/2009: Dedication 3 (w. DJ Drama)
2008/2009: Best Of Both Worlds (w. T-Pain)

Drop your feedback if you so wish.
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by Shaz(f): 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2008
Uppin!
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by sect(m): 11:27am On Jun 05, 2008
'I cant feel my face' So saucekid stole that line from lil wayne. Poor kid who cant sing without stealing. . . .
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by mrjuwon: 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2008
I can't feel my face is not Lil Wayne but a line Juelz Santana uses.
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by sect(m): 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2008
Whether its lil wayne or santana's line my point is that saucekid stole the line. I never knew he lives off peoples beat and line all the time. Anyway, thanks for the correction Mr. Juwon
@Topic Who named him rapper of the month? Anyway, i dont really feel the guy except his collabos though. I wonder what Eminem is still doing underground, am tired of listening to Encore and RE-Up, i need a fresh album from Marshall Mathers.
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by thegame(m): 9:15am On Jun 06, 2008
olodo. has he told u he made them himself before? he is a mixtape artist and by the way, all artists borrow from others. even 2face borrowed a line from biggie,2pac.
anyway , ilove my favorite artists in my favorite films. so im looking forward to seeing the fast and the furious.
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by RThESlyR: 9:27pm On Jun 07, 2008
He is prolly going to the rehab soon though.
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by chiogo(f): 12:27am On Jun 08, 2008
Lmao at last post

Yup, he acts ₭inda retarded.
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by ztyle(m): 12:42am On Jun 08, 2008
Lippop
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by dami9ja(m): 9:34am On Jun 09, 2008
!Hope he doesnt r.i.p soon too! Tis Weezy f Baby!!!
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by baslone: 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2008
Take it or Leave it! It is their(young dudes) time now.
Guess he is the illest rapper around now. At least still saving
us from those bleeped up crunk raps taking over everywhere.

Hold up!I think I heard someone say Ja-rule(rapper of the month tongue) is back to take his spot?
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by Fadajasi(m): 3:32pm On Jun 09, 2008
Colors
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by naijadiva2(f): 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2008
who gave that fool rapper of the month? i think it was a mistake.
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by ugoenugu(m): 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2008
Here is Lollipop, his last video: Lollipop video by Lil Wayne ft. Static Major
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by g0dd3ss(f): 10:15pm On Jun 10, 2008
aint nut'n wrong wit' lil'weezy, his retarded acts is juz part of the steeze, so far so good, he stays unique. lollipop is a tight joint. word!
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by bgees(m): 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2008
what the fuss about this wayne guy. the fact is that U DONT KNOW REAL HIPHOP IF U LIKE LIL' WAYNE.

HIPHOP IS REALLY DEAD.
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by EBlossom(f): 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2008
i have to admit Wayne is clever and is beginning to master the art of playing on words.  Diddy claims that Waynes album The Carter III is a classic??  I can't really speak on that yet, I'll listen a few times and let you know what I think.

heres a link to Waynes latest appearence on track with Terror Squad.   http://pickurstyle.com/forum/index.php?topic=46.0

let me know what you think.
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2008
thegame:

olodo. has he told u he made them himself before? he is a mixtape artist and by the way, all artists borrow from others. even 2face borrowed a line from biggie,2pac.
anyway , ilove my favorite artists in my favorite films. so im looking forward to seeing the fast and the furious.

Sorry, but can you write more on that?

And, as for the topic, I HAVE STRONG AVERSION FOR LIL' WAYNE. THERE'S NOTHING TO HIM, NOTHING AT ALL.
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by jaymes(m): 2:22am On Jun 13, 2008
Nice one Shaz! I've been a Cash Money fan since 1999, remember they started the BLING BLING!!! I used to think Juvenile was the most talented and successful, but i guess lil' Wizzy proved me wrong! smiley plus he's as fly as can be!!! In case y'all don't know LOLLIPOP By Lil' Wayne is NUMBER ONE on the Billboard Charts!!!
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by lilweezy: 12:23pm On Jun 13, 2008
Weezy is kinda cool, wat will u say about BNTHUGS
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by fastmoney(m): 1:51am On Jun 15, 2008
lil wayne didnt form HOT BOYS, the hotboys was the name of a gang which suga slim (co- owner of cash money) used to run with back i the days in new orleans, you didnt even mention that lil wayne was in a group called "THE B.GZ" with labelmat B.G.
wayne is gay, kisses men
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by thegame(m): 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2008
mactao:

Sorry, but can you write more on that?
i cant really remember that of biggie and pac but i vividly remember his snoop dogg rap-line borrowing
"throw your hands in the air and move it like you just dont care"
originally
"throw your hands in the motherf*cking air and wave the motherfuck*rs like you just dont care"
Re: Rapper Of The Month - Lil Wayne (JUNE) by thegame(m): 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2008
by the way, the songs are nfana ibaga and snoop dogg by snoop dogg respectively. they are both songs anyway but i remember

(1) (Reply)

Ring The Alarm>>>>beyonce / My Grind From Mo'hits Of The Hook / Doggie Master No More "Snoop Dogg" But Now "Snoop Lion" (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.