Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,370 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" (1479 Views)

Racism: South African Blacks Are Weak / Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez / Interesting Article, Destroying Myth Most Blacks Are On Welfare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by adconline(m): 6:50am On Jun 03, 2008
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by MyTempID: 7:25am On Jun 03, 2008
I think he apologized for his rermarks. Whatever they were, he said they were taken out of context.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by mazaje(m): 9:32am On Jun 03, 2008
i will like you guys to provide evidence to show that his assertions are false, for all of you who keep on insisting that blacks are equally as intelligent as white's.
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by Anuliph(f): 11:04pm On Jun 04, 2008
I've always believed it.
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by NegroNtns(m): 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2008
I have an earful for you when I finish this business and I get time later to get on computer. No go anywhere oo
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by JayFK(m): 11:27pm On Jun 04, 2008
Anuli ph:

I've always believed it.
that blacks are less intelligent than whites?
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by papi07(m): 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2008
magazine or,   angry,  the quality of life of man has never depended on his skin color and that u seek reasons not 2 bliv what d "interestin" doc said  undecided :ois more statin where u stand. i 4 on bliv every one is entitled 2 his/her opinions about his fellow man as in this subject issue but never judge/condemn/or b prejudiced towards another man because no one is qualified enough; as it is we r bound by rules we created 4 ourselves which r bound 2 b changed or broken! if there any power as great as the forces of nature is the will of man irrespective of color. shhhhhhhhhhhhh and learn wink grin cool!
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by thando(f): 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2008
a great number of us simply haven't been xposed to education . it aint easy living yo own to follow anothers , y the hell did it have to be caucasians that invent all technology .one of the reasons we always looked down upon
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2008
thando:

a great number of us simply haven't been xposed to education . it aint easy living yo own to follow anothers , y the hell did it have to be caucasians that invent all technology .one of the reasons we always looked down upon

Are you joking?? According to some, Nigerians are the most educated in the world compared. What again do you want to blame on lack of education
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by thando(f): 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2008
u get knowledge thru an education. problem is there is still an alarmingly high number of uneducated black ppl compared to our white counterparts few of us get this most basic right of a proper schooling .as u might know ppl in general like to generalise so if only 20% of blacks get access to an education and the rest dont then all black ppl r uneducated.majority will always outweigh the minority, thats basically the point i was tryin to make
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Jun 21, 2008
thando:

u get knowledge through an education. problem is there is still an alarmingly high number of uneducated black people compared to our white counterparts few of us get this most basic right of a proper schooling .as u might know people in general like to generalise so if only 20% of blacks get access to an education and the rest don't then all black people r uneducated.majority will always outweigh the minority, thats basically the point i was tryin to make

Here is the problem. If 20% of blacks are educated and only 17% of whites are educated. It still stands that blacks are more educated percentage-wise than there white counterparts. So, in essence, education can no longer be classed the problem if this be the case. I specifically pointed to the claims by some Nigerians that Nigerians are more educated percentage-wise compared to most all groups in Africa and in America. If this be the case, then it does point to education not being part of the main issue with Nigerians, right?? So one can not claim that the reason why Nigeria remains as is, is due to lack of education as it has been established ( according to the claim), that they are more educated than their counterparts in the developed world.
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by SeanT21(f): 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2008
Being stupid doesnt depend on your color. It depends on your effort to learn.
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by thando(f): 6:23am On Jun 22, 2008
u still very much refering to a small group of blacks how many ppl in nigeria alone get to finish high school . that is y we in a standstill position or moving most dont care or dont understand . we need education entrenched in ou r culture .like i said leaving yo own to folow another mans ways is not easy coz u gotta play catch up all the time meaning u gotta work twice as hard but we only doing half as much. y are asia and south america ahead of us when we are supposed to be betta of
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by Kobojunkie: 6:30am On Jun 22, 2008
thando:

u still very much refering to a small group of blacks how many people in nigeria alone get to finish high school . that is y we in a standstill position or moving most don't care or don't understand . we need education entrenched in ou r culture .like i said leaving yo own to folow another mans ways is not easy because u gotta play catch up all the time meaning u gotta work twice as hard but we only doing half as much. y are asia and south america ahead of us when we are supposed to be betta of

I am not refering to a small group unless you are trying to come back with the argument that the more educated people we have the better for us. Back in the 70's, that country had less educated people in it but was far more developed than it is today with more people at least high school educated living and working in it. When you speak of percentage of people educated, you are actually comparing numbers. If out of 300 million people living in America, only 20 million are educated and then you go to Nigeria and out of 120 million only about 12 million are educated. Drill down and you will realize that it still remains that there are more educated people in Nigeria than there are in America percentage wise. One would argue that if this were the case, it would indicate that Nigeria should be more developed than America is it were all or mostly based on number of educated. That does not seem to be close to being the case at all. Why are asians and south americans ahead of us?? Well,  when you find the answer, do let me know.

I do know that we have more PHDs in Nigeria than most other countries can boast of. Most of our leaders and those in leadership position as oif today and the past couple of years have been college educated at one time or another. I really do not believe education is the problem in most of Africa. I have absolutely no clue what you mean when you say "leaving your own to follow another man's way, ", You can always not follow another man's way and then not have to work twice as hard then. Why not do it your way and still do it the best or is this "ANOTHER MAN" to blame for the appalling situation we continue to deal with in Africa?? I really don't get it.
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by dudubobo1: 11:40am On Jun 23, 2008
I understand thando.
Everything we seem to be trying to do is modelled after what is mainly foreign to us. Even the language we learn with is foreign. It means that most of those things will be second nature to us and we will always be playing catch up.

One of the problems we have is that we are always looking to model our acts on western prototypes
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by Kobojunkie: 12:07pm On Jun 23, 2008
dudu-bobo:

One of the problems we have is that we are always looking to model our acts on western prototypes

How did you arrive at this It is a problem for me to model my house after my neigbours house when I know and see that his building his house with bricks and steels works better than my continued use of beach sand and palm fronds??
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by dudubobo1: 12:17pm On Jun 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

How did you arrive at this It is a problem for me to model my house after my neigbours house when I know and see that his building his house with bricks and steels works better than my continued use of beach sand and palm fronds??

It is not a problem to try and copy what is not yours. you just need to do more work than the ordinary to achieve what others achieve.
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2008
dudu-bobo:

It is not a problem to try and copy what is not yours. you just need to do more work than the ordinary to achieve what others achieve.

Why??
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by OBJ3(m): 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2010
this dr watson must have been thinking of people like kobojunkie. does he think all of us are like this kobjunkie woman?
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by morpheus24: 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2010
Whites are more intelligent than whites as an "aggregate of the availability of knowledge and how it is applied"

Blacks are less intelligent "when compared" to Whites. Note this does not diminish the ability to learn or become intelligent which is inherent in all Human species and does not have any biological or neurological implication.

the concept of nature and nuture come into play when judging ones ability to comprehend and apply information so there is no clear cut science that can explain the differencies in Human intelligence without factoring variables that come into play.

Dr Watson's words were probably taken out of context but are fairly true depending on what context you want to analyze the data.
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by cap28: 11:24pm On Apr 27, 2010
well whites will always try to justify their continued subjugation of blacks by labelling us as less intelligent, this has been going on for centuries, slavery was justified by the white slave owners and merchants because they claimed it was necessary to turn heathen blacks away from their primitive idol worshipping ways, they even used their bible to justify the atrocities that were meted out on black slaves, saying that it was necessary in order to "civilise" us. Now in the 21st century we still have so called academics coming up with this racist ideology.

Until we as a race of people learn to do for ourselves and not look to the white man as our alpha and omega we will continuously be exposed to this our ancestors built the pyramids a feat so outstanding that present day skyscrapers all over the world are modelled after its structure and design.
Re: Dr. Watson Explains "blacks Are Less Intelligent" by morpheus24: 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2010
cap28:

well whites will always try to justify their continued subjugation of blacks by labelling us as less intelligent, this has been going on for centuries, slavery was justified by the white slave owners and merchants because they claimed it was necessary to turn heathen blacks away from their primitive idol worshipping ways, they even used their bible to justify the atrocities that were meted out on black slaves, saying that it was necessary in order to "civilise" us. Now in the 21st century we still have so called academics coming up with this racist ideology.

Until we as a race of people learn to do for ourselves and not look to the white man as our alpha and omega we will continuously be exposed to this our ancestors built the pyramids a feat so outstanding that present day skyscrapers all over the world are modelled after its structure and design.

Tell this to the illiterate leaders we have in Africa who are sick with the disease of greed and stupidity, They simply perpetuate the stereotype

(1) (Reply)

South Africa 'doomed Under Zuma' / On Streets Of Athens, Racist Attacks Increase / The Geopolitics Of World War III: Reasons Russia & Syria Are Being Targeted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.