Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike (14384 Views)

Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by djeezy(m): 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
Red_Card: It's such a good news to know that our very own RSUST wasn't on strike while others were. It's good because RSUST used to be the first to embark on strike. Well, you still need to get it right....RSUST no longer operates under ASUU. They had a little problem with ASUU which made them leave the association and that's why they weren't on strike. Maybe they will reconcile with ASUU when their current VC steps down and a now VC elected in. Hands are folded for now.
haha. I knew they were not going to join the strike right from day 1. Our ASUU has long been on strike.lol even before this national one. So I wonder the ASUU that is here to go on strike again. Long live RSUST.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by donigspain(m): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
djeezy: Not everyone was affected. Even if they've held me random, isn't it a good thing that they're making up for it? ASUU is just after their own selfish interest and how much they are been paid, they do not care about the students. They sit at home whilst their children school abroad, same with government officials too. I beseech other universities to follow suit and call off the strike. By the way I see no reason for Rsust to join the strike when the lecturers are the second highest paid in Nigeria.
Ok, I got you.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by premlove(m): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2013
glizengem: Wow d@s luvly... I wish ansu go emulate dem ... Btw u r all invited 2 my wedding don't get me any present jst bring hu go marry me
my dear i go marry u, c ur hip ur smile na one of a kind sweetheart abeg marry me
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by sylve11: 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
Na wa. sad cool
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by nosique: 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
@djeezy, go fokasibee. Enjoy ur session jare n gudluck in ur up coming exam.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by fr3do(m): 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2013
priscaoge: ASUU pls now, students are beginning to forget their Matric number.....Am gonna Port to RSUST now. Tired of staying @Home. Am gonna use ma Matric Number to port to dat sch now.

psc1205....
shocked i've 4gotten
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by gracy83: 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
Thank God we are in full session. Exams will start in a week' time. Up live ust.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by astronautog(m): 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2013
How do i port to rsust whats their short code??**singing*i don port o kirikaka carry dey go,no more ASUU gbege!??
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by jamesbridget13(f): 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
donigspain: What most of you do not know is that RSUST has been on strike (internal crisis) for over 3 years now. My friend who got admission same as I is still in his 200 level in that fvcked school while I've graduated and presently serving with just two months to POP. The school should be left out of whatever external crisis that is bedeviling the Nigerian university board. Abeg, make una no pour sand sand for my guy garri make he try graduate. angry angry angry angry
i put it 2 u dat u re over exagerating d whole thing. Ur friend defiled his admission or something else happened 2 him somehow or u went 2 a private university. Cos i knw RSUST lost an academic year 2 strike but what u re saying is like they lost 3 years. Haba! Why they didn't join d strike is cos they opted out of ASUU

1 Like

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by Ayima: 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nigerian leaders doesn't deserve students votes, because they have been taking us as fools and people who doesn't need any better education.Let me see who will come and tell me to go and vote.

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by Biodup: 10:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
spongeback: Amaechi isn't so bad after all
waiting concern ameachi for this one. Every school own the right whether to join strike or not. Uni Ilori has done that in the past.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by WuzilistiQ(m): 12:49am On Aug 11, 2013
Una no dey pity RSUST? Every time na dem Nigeria dey use do the wrapper to carry the keg of strike, before dem go sey strike the whole school don close, we never talk of their internal strikes wey fit happen twice a year, taking away two to three months from the calendar plus ASUU wey fit take six months wetin go come remain for the year na? Now don't be deceived UST is the worst school to attend, engineering course that should be for five years will keep you for ten good years

My friends are still there just because of the new digital development in the school, this has lead to the loss of results if the lecturer can't find them it means a resit.

My friends this year will make them nine & they have been given pass irrespective of the problem, the governor on the other hand is not helping the school, he appoints whosoever pleases him to run the school, sometimes he appoints people that are not qualified, leading to lack of compatibility an this is how the school will be in disarray & the physical notification is the internal strike

As I speak with you,ASUU lecturers in the school are still on internal strike still on the old issue that lead to a five months plus this nationwide strike like 50% of the lecturers are on strike, so they are the worst institution on this part of the planet, so don't be deceived the governor is suffering a boomerang of what he did to the VC election process where his friend came of last out of the five candidates and he selected the last person and imposed him on them so since then the school has not been stable, they just recruited new lecturers to cover for the ASUU commited members in the school

I just hope the struggle for benefits will no be effective in that school so that they will see how bad it will look when the deal has been settled

1 Like

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by flakkygirl(f): 1:50am On Aug 11, 2013
canalily: What? Why not take my transcript nd switch over to RUST ! !
Port out of yr current institution and port into RSUST.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by donigspain(m): 7:07am On Aug 11, 2013
jamesbridget13: i put it 2 u dat u re over exagerating d whole thing. Ur friend defiled his admission or something else happened 2 him somehow or u went 2 a private university. Cos i knw RSUST lost an academic year 2 strike but what u re saying is like they lost 3 years. Haba! Why they didn't join d strike is cos they opted out of ASUU
Dude, I won't exchange words with you because I see your write-up is coated in sentiments. Read up what WuzilistiQ wrote up there^^
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by jamesbridget13(f): 7:33am On Aug 11, 2013
@WuzilistiQ! Dont tag any sch as d worst as u ve not been priveleged 2 visit all. I must also put it to u dat ur ''friends'' had extra year ''spill over'' thats what is keeping them in sch ok! Am not a UST graduate oooo but dont say what u dont knw.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by badbros(m): 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2013
am proud to be a student of RSUST
GREATEST GBOGBO!!
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by mrcassanova(m): 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
Good for them..
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by Shugajay(m): 12:00am On Aug 12, 2013
Kudos 2 RSUST jhoor... Anybdy wey e dey pain, meke em hang imslf... RSUST no longer operates under ASUU n itx a turnout 4 dia students... I really do pray UNIPORT emulates dem... I jux pway dz strike ends any sooner cos twill b vewi funny seeyn ya coursemates lookyn differnt 4rm wah u've always knwn dem 2 be...
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by chillykelly86(m): 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
gracy83:
Thank God we are in full session. Exams will start in a week' time. Up live ust.

Please when are exams in UST starting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session / How Do I Get A Scholarship? / JAMB 2018 Exam Slip | How To Enable Pop-up On JAMB Website On Chrome Or Firefox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.