Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:46 AM

Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space (10153 Views)

Nigeria Astronaut Will Land In Space Before 2030 - Minister Of Science & Tech / Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space) / See What A Man In Aba Made Using "I Pass My Neighbour Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by MCKULQ(m): 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nigeria has taken serious steps to put the country’s first man into space in 2015 with the assistance of the British government. The federal government, according to dailymail.co.uk, has accepted £300million this year alone to set in train ambitious plans to launch the country’s own rockets. The medium said the first Nigerian astronauts are being trained to join Russian, Chinese or American missions within the next two years. Britain’s support for Nigeria’s space initiative and other countries has been criticised by its nationals, who said that the Department for International Development’s budget will rise by 35 per cent in real terms by 2015. They said while aid costs are ballooning, spending on the military, the police, border control and care homes is being slashed by the government. Britain is also spending about £280million a year on aid to India, another country with its own space programme.

Jonathan Isaby from the TaxPayers’ Alliance said: “When budgets are tight both for families and the government alike, people cannot understand why ministers are sending more of our hard-earned cash overseas. Taxpayers find it especially unacceptable when their money is sent abroad as aid to developing countries which then somehow find sufficient cash to fund the likes of a space programme.

“It is totally unacceptable that British taxpayers’ money is effectively subsidising Nigeria’s efforts to send an astronaut into space”, he said. Nigeria’s space programme started in 2003 but its first satellite lost power and disappeared from orbit.

It now has three in space, NigComSat-1R, NigeriaSat-2 and Nigeria-Sat X, the first to be constructed by Nigerian engineers. Although Nigeria has bought its own satellites and launched on Russian rockets, the federal government has built laboratories which it hopes will produce its own space craft by 2028. -

http://leadership.ng/news/100813/nigeria-moves-put-first-man-space-0#sthash.cuc7vRSu.dpuf

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
And of all the pressing issues we have as a nation,is space technology the most important?
Why don't we start with 'light' technology 'Road' technology.when the citizens can live fairly satisfactory lives,then they can appreciate complex issues such as space technology

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by mkmyers45(m): 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2013
A tab bit ambitious and beyond our reach...will just be a HUGE waste of resources

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by Siga: 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
..... Na Jonathan we wan carry go first... grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by 80million1: 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
send OBJ
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
FP TINZ.....
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by 80million1: 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
#80million:
send OBJ
Guy, u just came 4th.
Dats not bad on a monday afternoon!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by 80million1: 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2013
Bryt3: FP TINZ.....
Oya, go claim ur biscuit!
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2013

Sometimes I tie my feet together while in the bath and pretend I'm a merman.
Other times I radically lose my priorities and pretend I'm the Nigerian government.
Sometimes, still, I donate money to fòôlish causes and pretend I'm the British government.

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by 80million1: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
Siga: ..... Na Jonathan we wan carry go first... grin
Mr Siga, how are u today sir?
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by YoshiMaster: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
Hahahaha, look what the OP has caused, made me spill my Alomo everywhere.

Nigeria, Nigeria, we sure know how to set our priorities straight.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by 80million1: 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
SimonAndal:

Bros, what are u up too? Booking space thingz,abi.
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by Hernadez99: 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
So na dis wan con concern dem pass for federal mata abi??

*continues playing "Gbege" by Charass*

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
I don't know about this
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by Phonon: 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin grin grin grin

#falls on the floor#

These clowns should focus on improving the state of Physics and Engineering programs in the universities we have before thinking of killing whoever the volunteer would be for that space junk they plan to build in conjunction with Innosson.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by scientology(m): 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
but i tot abati and okupe came from space nah undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by onyeguy: 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
waiting concern agboro with overload undecided
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by 80million1: 2:22pm On Aug 12, 2013
lorretta u: And of all the pressing issues we have as a nation,is space technology the most important?
Why don't we start with 'light' technology 'Road' technology.when the citizens can live fairly satisfactory lives,then they can appreciate complex issues such as space technology
Good point u gat there Sister, but dose eediots sure have misplaced priorities.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by adtiezy1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 12, 2013
this thread is hilarious grin
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by g4ucom: 2:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
Wit all d pressing needs for nigeria na to send person go space na dat one hungry dem Assu dey strike nothin has been done about it, our roads are bad, phcn no giv us light, corruption everywhere. We neva solve all dese problems finish na space dey hungry dem go. Oya naw safe journey. cool

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by 80million1: 2:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
ibkaye: I don't know about this
Come, let me tell u.
Sssh. I'm d only one at home.
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by 80million1: 2:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
mkmyers45: A tab bit ambitious and beyond our reach...will just be a HUGE waste of resources
it's oil money, bro.
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by ohye(f): 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
Nija self
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by SisiKill1: 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
Sometimes the jokes just write themselves. cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by 80million1: 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
onye guy: .
who is this one again?
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by 80million1: 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
adtiezy1: this thread is hilarious grin
Laugh all you want!
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by yuzedo: 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
We don't even manufacture "space bar" on a computer keyboard, we want to send man to space! grin undecided

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
#80million:

Bros, what are u up too? Booking space thingz,abi.
_

It takes time to come up with a relevant Merman Theory.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
send buhari
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
WHAT A JOKE.
THE QUESTION IS WHO WILL VOLUNTEER?
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by 80million1: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
ohye: Nija self
Me sef tire!
Re: Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space by fiscalcliff: 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2013
With all the challenges facing us as a nation,this is the best comic relief we can come up with

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Legal Way To Get Free N100 Airtime Every Time I Recharge??? / What Exactly Happened To The Lost Apollo 18 Astronauts! Act Of God Or Man Theory / Photos Of Aliens Living Under The Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.