Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

HONDA CRV Switching Off While Driving. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HONDA CRV Switching Off While Driving. (1197 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HONDA CRV Switching Off While Driving. by Syenite(m): 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
Please my nairaland Auto experts.

My Honda CRV Switches-Off While on Drive.
While in motion, everything goes off except the radio. Will park and restart it and it will start immediately again.
I thought the engine was low. It was raised and the problem persisted. We even used fuel injector cleaner, still the same.
My mechanic said it could be that the security is about to expire and that some1 can decode it. He said it could cost me up to 25K.

Abeg I need experts advice on it.
It is a 1999 Honda CRV. It bought it in December 2012.

Waiting on ur advice. Thank you.
Re: HONDA CRV Switching Off While Driving. by cardoctor(m): 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
Syenite: Please my nairaland Auto experts.

My Honda CRV Switches-Off While on Drive.
While in motion, everything goes off except the radio. Will park and restart it and it will start immediately again.
I thought the engine was low. It was raised and the problem persisted. We even used fuel injector cleaner, still the same.
My mechanic said it could be that the security is about to expire and that some1 can decode it. He said it could cost me up to 25K.

Abeg I need experts advice on it.
It is a 1999 Honda CRV. It bought it in December 2012.

Waiting on ur advice. Thank you.

Security system expiring? Never heard of that before. This your mechanic must be a crook.

Anyway, what you just described seems like an electrical problem. Get a competent auto electrician to check the electrical connections to your cars fuse box and ecu aka brainbox.

He should also check for loose connections in the engine bay as well as the engine itself and gearbox. Also have him check that there are proper earth connections from the negative terminal of your car battery to the chassis and body as these can get rusty and inhibit full earth/negative contact.
If rusty, have the contact serfaces sand-papered and tigthtened back.

I fixed a similar problem with a 2001 model of the same car that was brought to my workshop some months back and these solutions cured the problem.

Car-Doctor
Re: HONDA CRV Switching Off While Driving. by Syenite(m): 7:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
car-doctor:

Security system expiring? Never heard of that before. This your mechanic must be a crook.

Anyway, what you just described seems like an electrical problem. Get a competent auto electrician to check the electrical connections to your cars fuse box and ecu aka brainbox.

He should also check for loose connections in the engine bay as well as the engine itself and gearbox. Also have him check that there are proper earth connections from the negative terminal of your car battery to the chassis and body as these can get rusty and inhibit full earth/negative contact.
If rusty, have the contact serfaces sand-papered and tigthtened back.

I fixed a similar problem with a 2001 model of the same car that was brought to my workshop some months back and these solutions cured the problem.

Thank you Car Doctor. I greatly appreciate your advice. God bless you richly and abundantly.

More advice are welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: How To Survive A Car Accident As A Pedestrian / Port Harcourt Pre Purchase Inspection / Please Recommend A Good And Trusted Toyota Mechanic In Apo, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.