Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Emenike Delight At Fenerbahce Return For Us$17.4m. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike Delight At Fenerbahce Return For Us$17.4m. (494 Views)

Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard / Fenerbahce Release Joseph Yobo / Emenike, Nsofor, Ameobi Return For Super-Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emenike Delight At Fenerbahce Return For Us$17.4m. by BlackPikiN(m): 2:49am On Aug 11, 2013
By Oluwashina Okeleji
BBC Sport, Lagos
Emmanuel Emenike has revealed his delight at returning to Turkish giants Fenerbahce after they agreed to sign him from Spartak Moscow for US$17.4m.
The 26-year-old Nigeria international re-joins the club after two seasons with the Russian league leaders.
"When the possibility of coming back was first mentioned, I said to myself 'I hope both clubs will agree to that'," Emenike told BBC Sport.
"Once a deal was agreed, I couldn't wait to see the fans and city again.
"Right now, I am just delighted to be back. It's like coming back home."
Continue reading the main story

I have unfinished business here because I owe it to the club and fans who never stopped supporting or believing in me

Emmanuel Emenike
Emenike underwent a medical at the Istanbul club on Thursday and is set to sign his contract in the coming days.
Emenike first joined Fenerbahce in May 2011, signing from Karabukspor at the end of the season, but he left in July the same year without without playing a a match for them.
He was questioned by Turkish police and arraigned for match-fixing allegations but acquitted in April this year, because of a "lack of credible evidence."
The Super Eagle insists he has put the episode behind him and is ready to shine for the club.
"I don't want to talk about the dark past because there is a bright future ahead," added Emenike, who will be unveiled by Fenerbahce on Saturday.
"I just want to thank Fenerbahce officials, fans and everyone for making this [his return] happen and for giving me a warm reception at the airport.
"I want to fulfil a huge dream of playing in front of our passionate fans.
"I have unfinished business here because I owe it to the club and fans who never stopped supporting or believing in me."
Emenike's agent Erdem Konyar has thanked both clubs for making the player's return a smooth one.
"He's grateful that things went smoothly with Spartak and he also stayed professional all through negotiations." he said.
"We thank Spartak and hope his return to Fenerbahce will help make him a bigger and better player than he is at the moment."
Before the switch, the striker scored three goals in his last three league appearances for Spartak.
Emenike was joint-top scorer when Nigeria won the African Cup of Nations in South Africa in February.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23618392
Re: Emenike Delight At Fenerbahce Return For Us$17.4m. by BlackPikiN(m): 2:50am On Aug 11, 2013
[size=20pt]Nigeria striker Emmanuel Emenike and defender Kenneth Omeruo have been ruled out of the Super Eagles' friendly tie against South Africa on 14 August.[/size]

Nigeria striker Emmanuel Emenike and defender Kenneth Omeruo have been ruled out of the Super Eagles' friendly tie against South Africa on 14 August.
Emenike has opted to remain in Turkey, after re-signing for Fenerbahce.
"He is highly valued in Turkey and has requested that he be allowed to settle well at the club," Nigeria media officer Ben Alaiya said.
Omeruo, who injured his shoulder at the Confederations Cup, has been told to stay at his club, Chelsea, to recover.
Gege Soriola and James Okwuosa - who are both based in South Africa - have been called up as replacements.
Emenike, who was the top scorer in Nigeria's victorious Africa Cup of Nations campaign received the backing of Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi, as he begins his second spell at the Turkish club.
"We will need him in the World Cup qualifiers but he has a lot of things to do at his new club and we must give him that opportunity," Keshi said.
"But I must say we are in good contact and we are happy with the way things are going with our top players in the transfer market."
The game - billed as the Nelson Mandela Challenge - will see the African Champions face Bafana Bafana for the first time in five years, in Durban.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23647892
Re: Emenike Delight At Fenerbahce Return For Us$17.4m. by ronalmagic10(m): 3:17am On Aug 11, 2013
Mr emenike, pls I want yu to be fit and score lot of goals against dat loser club ARSEnal during the champions league play off.

(1) (Reply)

Usain Bolt Wins The 100 Metre Men's IAAF Championship / Cross Cable Trainer / Naija League Week 25 Round Up/ Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.