Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Urgent Help Needed - C240 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent Help Needed - C240 (1321 Views)

Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing / Reliability Of Mercedes Benz C240/c320 / Honda Accord 2005 Model V6 Vs Mercedes Benz C240 2003 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed - C240 by matson: 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
Can someone help me out:

My car went off yesterday while taking a bend and refuse to revv When it comes on. Had a mechanic to look up the problem But suggested we add some more fuel even tho my car had fuel to the 1/4 level. The car came on, revved quite alright, performed alright till same night, and same thing happened. I had to get more fuel to get the car going.

With a bit over a half tank, took car out today and same thing happened. Had to get additional 4 liters before the car could stay on and revv.

Any idea on what the problem might be before going to the mechanic tomorrow?

The car is a 2003 C240 W203. Also, a service B has been done but still display a 200 miles exceeded on service B.
Re: Urgent Help Needed - C240 by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
matson: Can someone help me out:

My car went off yesterday while taking a bend and refuse to revv When it comes on. Had a mechanic to look up the problem But suggested we add some more fuel even tho my car had fuel to the 1/4 level. The car came on, revved quite alright, performed alright till same night, and same thing happened. I had to get more fuel to get the car going.

With a bit over a half tank, took car out today and same thing happened. Had to get additional 4 liters before the car could stay on and revv.

Any idea on what the problem might be before going to the mechanic tomorrow?

The car is a 2003 C240 W203. Also, a service B has been done but still display a 200 miles exceeded on service B.

from what you are saying it seems like you got a faulty fuel gauge

try to fill the tank to full and note when it start to do that and the miles you would have started
Re: Urgent Help Needed - C240 by matson: 10:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
I won't rule out the faulty gauge completely, but the third time it happened, I had way more gas as displayed by the indicator than the previous times. I'd do a full tank in the morning. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Urgent Help Needed - C240 by cardoctor(m): 11:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
matson: I won't rule out the faulty gauge completely, but the third time it happened, I had way more gas as displayed by the indicator than the previous times. I'd do a full tank in the morning. Thanks for your contribution.

From the sound of things, it seems you have had a lot of tampering and modifications done to your fuel pump and guage.

Most of this kind of issues I have encountered have been as a result of one mechanic or rewire trying to adapt the fuel pump with another type and then in the process wrong fitting and in adequate pump pressure becomes an issue.

Also check to see if the suction line to the fuel pump in the tank is reaching the bottom as sometimes the suction line bends upwards leaving the fuel at quater level and below inaccessible.

Recently at my workshop, a 2007 BMW 320i came in with a similar problem. We eventually changed the fuel pump to the original and that solved the problem.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Urgent Help Needed - C240 by matson: 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
Car doc, no mod as been done on the car. Never hard any problem from fuel bump. Will Have ur suggestion on the list to look at. Thanks.
Re: Urgent Help Needed - C240 by cardoctor(m): 11:33pm On Aug 11, 2013
matson: Car doc, no mod as been done on the car. Never hard any problem from fuel bump. Will Have ur suggestion on the list to look at. Thanks.

Have a look into your fuel tank. I'm sure you will find something interesting.
Re: Urgent Help Needed - C240 by matson: 12:10am On Aug 12, 2013
car-doctor:

Have a look into your fuel tank. I'm sure you will find something interesting.

Ok, will do. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get A New Car Through Finance?? Lagos / Check Out This 2 Suvs / Amazing DIY Transformation Of An Old Junk Mercedes Benz Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.