Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" (2004 Views)

Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? / OPINION POLL: Silent Treatment - Maturity/immaturity? Good OR Bad? / Is Marriage An Achievement? (2) (3) (4)

What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by Dannyxy(m): 12:49am On Aug 13, 2013
A man of 35 years old who hv nt attained any level of success in his life or A man who is 25 years old nd has attained success in almost every level of his life...who can we say is mre mature?
Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 13, 2013
Dannyxy: who can we say is mre mature?

We can't say. We don't have enough information to determine who is more mature. Neither age nor success are automatic measures of maturity.

Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by EfemenaXY: 6:13am On Aug 13, 2013
Age and perceived financial achievements are not the overall determinants of maturity. Age does contribute to a certain degree, but is not the exclusive preserve / yardstick for measurement. Less so is financial achievement as this is subjective. I think a person's maturity is dependant on their attained mental development.

The way you handle and successfully deal with real life issues determines your level of maturity.

Have you googled up or checked the dictionary definition of "maturity"?

Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by bellong: 8:22am On Aug 13, 2013
Maturity is in character and relational skills which may or may not be formed from life's bitter and sweet experiences as well as age. Although, age is not an important determinant but relevant.

However, comparing achievements with age is not a matured way of viewing issues. Some are early starters while others are late starters. An "unsuccessful" 35yr old today may achieve all what should be achieved in a life time in as much as he has life. He may even surpass the 25yr old as described.

Maturity also entails not comparing life with another. Each person has his peculiar experiences and motivations.

Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by deols(f): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
IT is a thing of the mind. But maturity can make a good determinant of success.
Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by Kanwulia: 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2013
The ability to make the RIGHT DECISIONS in any given circumstance! kiss
Maturity is a POSITIVE ATTITUDE TO LIFE'S CHALLENGES. . . ALWAYS! kiss
Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by sexymoma(f): 1:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
Not by achievement or Maturity but by how intelligent you are when handling difficulties. kiss
Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by EfemenaXY: 10:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
Kanwulia: The ability to make the RIGHT DECISIONS in any given circumstance! kiss
Maturity is a POSITIVE ATTITUDE TO LIFE'S CHALLENGES. . . ALWAYS! kiss

Callotti, I do like this response of yours! smiley
Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by Ochiban: 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
Maturity is based on experience. Of course, the older you are, the more experience you should have had. unfortunately, some older people do not let experiences shape them for the better. so yes, you end up with a 25 year old who had responsibility on their shoulders being more mature than a 35 years who may be a last born and used to things being done for them so were never exposed to experiences.
Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by ow11(m): 8:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
@OP

Emotional Maturity is governed by perception!

Except an adult behaves like a toddler and can't control his bowels, I believe we are all mature. Those people that can't string five sentences without throwing in 'maturity' are elitists who try to belittle others.

Women are the worst culprits! You are also right, the gift buying fellow is usually the more mature one in the eyes of the hungry lasses out there
Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by baby124: 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Wait till you see a fool at 70. Am not kidding. It depends on the individual. And what they want from life. Some people are hell bent on dying immature. grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by EfemenaXY: 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
baby_123: Wait till you see a fool at 70. Am not kidding. It depends on the individual. And what they want from life. Some people are hell bent on dying immature. grin grin grin

Are you referring to the couple who lived close to your parents?

I mean the one with the husband-beating-wife...the lady that always chased her man out, while the man always ran for safety and cover to your parents... grin grin

I know I shouldn't be laughing at that but gosh! It's just too hilarious! Wetin?? cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by greatgod2012(f): 2:46am On Aug 25, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Are you referring to the couple who lived close to your parents?

I mean the one with the husband-beating-wife...the lady that always chased her man out, while the man always ran for safety and cover to your parents... grin grin

I know I shouldn't be laughing at that but gosh! It's just too hilarious! Wetin?? cheesy cheesy

@efe, even if she was referring to them, isn't that enough to categorise them as IMMATURE OLD FOLKS?
Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by Judas2013: 2:48am On Aug 25, 2013
maturity comes with experience not age or achievement.
Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by Gudintent: 5:33am On Aug 25, 2013
ileobatojo:

We can't say. We don't have enough information to determine who is more mature. Neither age nor success are automatic measures of maturity.

Just quoted you to show a 1000000 likes cool
Re: What Is The Defination Of Maturity?is By "Age" Or "Achievement" by kodewrita(m): 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
Maturity = Control

Control over emotions.
Control over utterances.
Control over actions.
Control over progress.
the greater the degree of control over the above, the more mature.

Personally, I interpret maturity as having answered as many of Life's questions as possible

who I am,
what I like
what I dont like
what is right
what is wrong
what is my place
why I do the things I do
why I wont do the things I wont do
where I need to go in life and why

Science Claims Women Are Not Hardwired For Monogamy. / Is This Marriage Or Madness? / We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty!