Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage (20033 Views)

Tiwa Savage Performs With Her Son, Jamil (Photo) / Wizkid performs with Chris Brown In South Africa / Tiwa Savage Performs With Flavour In London (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by seedord247(m): 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
timpaker:

does it show on DStv?

Do you have DStv?

2 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
somethin like fela n lil femi many years back..just wonder if we ever gonna hav someone as original as the legend himself...n talk 'bout da weed! Afrobeat continua,abeg 2nd beat,jare..
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by xynerise: 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
timpaker:

does it show on DStv?
NTA 7 died years ago
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by holuwarlay08(m): 3:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
like grandfather, like son and like grand son[size=30pt][/size]
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
Orin debi

When are they going to backlash GEJ and other corrupt politicians and pastorpreneur like ADEBOYE? I dont see trait of Fela kuti in them joor
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by ponco: 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
How i wish i had a father like this
I did a post on my father, read it below.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/06/growing-up-fatherless-lessons-i-learnt.html
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by born2boink(m): 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
bloglover: The man get swag...but he shouldnt force his children into music if they dont want to, they are kids and dont know what they want for themselves now
may be you do not know Will smith have force his son into movie and the guy is making cool money with his Dad at young age. He doesn't stop their education and it boost their career and expose them to the world easily.
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by ajf(m): 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
So he took his kids to the same shrine where (I hear say) they smoke igbo like there is no tomorrow abi? Issorraiii...................
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by Gamesmart: 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
bloglover: The man get swag...but he shouldnt force his children into music if they dont want to, they are kids and dont know what they want for themselves now

And who told you he was forcing them when they don't want to?
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by dridowu: 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
Judolisco: Grooming them to meet their grandfather in hell
who are u to jugde them, are u God ?
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by onyeguy: 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
NA GOOD ABI NA BAD THING HIM THEY TEACH SMALL SMALL PIKING SO?
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by 247tops(m): 5:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
Teach them the way to grow when they are old they are not gonna depart from it.
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by Ilekokonit: 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
Judolisco:
Grooming them to meet their grandfather in hell

If Fela were to be in hell, then a lot of the "so called" Nigerian Pastors will be in the hottest part of hell for neglecting to say the truth to our corrupt politicians and often times partaking of looted funds for their lavish lifestyle and still ripping off their long suffering and poor church members of their widows mite.

Fela with his dogged fight against Nigeria's Kleptomaniac Lootocrats that landed him in jail to be physically brutalised and his house being burnt down and his Mum (also a freedom fighter) thrown down from a first floor window and killed by Obasanjo's unknown soldier who also raped some of his wives and hospitalised him with their severe beatings all because he refused to keep quiet but CHOSE to fight for the Nigerian masses against the Corrupt Military, Politicians and so called Nigerian Big Men all point to the fact that it is not Fela that is a candidate for hell but the silent Pastor's in Nigeria who by their silence and at times outright encouragement of the Lootocracy in Government circles are accomplices to the terror of hunger and poverty that is unleashed on millions of Nigerians daily.

Fela had a conscience that is lacking in todays Nigerian Pastors which makes who the candidate for hell

Some of the songs Fela sang to fight for ALL of us

1977 No Agreement
1977 Sorrow, Tears, and Blood
1978 Shuffering and Shmiling
1979 Unknown Soldier
1979 V.I.P. (Vagabonds in Power) Live in Berlin
1980 Coffin for Head of State
1980 I.T.T. (International Thief Thief)
1980 Authority Stealing
1981 Original Suffer-Head
1985 Army Arrangement
1986 Teacher Don't Teach Me Nonsense
1989 Beasts of No Nation
1989 O.D.O.O. (Overtake Don Overtake Overtake)
1992 U.S. (Underground System)

I want to tell my brothers one bitter truth
I want to knock some truth right inside your heads
Before we all we have to Jefa Head o o (Before we can enjoy Nigeria's wealth)
We must be ready to fight for am o o
Suffer head must go o o o o
Jefa Head must come (we must enjoy Nigeria's wealth)

Dem go call us non-aligned nations.
We must to dey craze for head to dey sleep under bridge

Fela Kuti's Album - Oiginal Suffer Head

5 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by tareigns(m): 5:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
and where u c 4 d write up say him de force them or where him kikins de complain?....ova sabi de wory u.
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by kushsy: 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
Egba girl:

And you know they were forced how? Who says they don't know what they want? You grow up around a man who plays an instrument and performs around the world and you think you wouldn't be interested in playing the same instrument and wanting to be like your father?
I don't think they were forced. They might have been encouraged and that's a different case. If they did not want to, they wouldn't be on stage.

Anyway @OP, nice!!! I'd like to see them perform some day.
U can't be too sure!!
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by henryadex(m): 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
Br#ed of anti chri$t on stage
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by AFOLABISUNKANMI(m): 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ilekokonit:

If Fela were to be in hell, then a lot of the "so called" Nigerian Pastors will be in the hottest part of hell for neglecting to say the truth to our corrupt politicians and often times partaking of looted funds for their lavish lifestyle and still ripping off their long suffering and poor church members of their widows mite.

Fela with his dogged fight against Nigeria's Kleptomaniac Lootocrats that landed him in jail to be physically brutalised and his house being burnt down and his Mum (also a freedom fighter) thrown down from a first floor window and killed by Obasanjo's unknown soldier who also raped some of his wives and hospitalised him with their severe beatings all because he refused to keep quiet but CHOSE to fight for the Nigerian masses against the Corrupt Military, Politicians and so called Nigerian Big Men all point to the fact that it is not Fela that is a candidate for hell but the silent Pastor's in Nigeria who by their silence and at times outright encouragement of the Lootocracy in Government circles are accomplices to the terror of hunger and poverty that is unleashed on millions of Nigerians daily.

Fela had a conscience that is lacking in todays Nigerian Pastors which makes who the candidate for hell

the best comment, the best answer, kudos .
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by moshoodn(m): 8:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
ifetoyosi: nice one....buh education z best

So after education, what next?

Join the million unemployed graduates?

Music + education will be wow. . .

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by moshoodn(m): 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ilekokonit:

1977 No Agreement
1979 Unknown Soldier
1980 Authority Stealing
1985 Army Arrangement
1989 Beasts of No Nation

Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by ProGSM(m): 6:22am On Aug 14, 2013
Nice one. Like father like son!
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by Revolva(m): 7:45am On Aug 14, 2013
Those children go don see enuff big big y.nash ooo dancers...kai....
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by Muscomide: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2013

Shame on you!
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by oduz: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2013
Egba girl: The only question I have is: why are they not wearing trad? Like their pops and the rest of the group?

Bad Girl, u beat me to it, I was just going to point this out.

('Ba wa, Ba wa eburo mi' (spoken in conc Egba Language)- Translation; It is so true, so true my sister)

In their old age, whether they take to music or not, this picture could be of some value, but that value comes down less wearing an industrial comodity like this stuff because african fashion itself is still evolving, and do have their own tales, half of the materials in Fela Museum today are his unique fashion, not this kind of stuff, it's not as if He never wore these stuff, but they tell no tale, so no curator worth his name will give them much attention.

Summary, the T- Shirts won by Femi's Children here are not much different from the T- shirts worn by their Grt Grandfather Rev Ransome Kuti while he was recognised in his community 105 years ago as the first student to register at Abeokuta Grammar School

Kudos to Femi & his boys nevertheless, it takes quite some effort to blow the horns, not something u can be 'forced' to do ......... cool
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by bebechuks: 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
This is lovely. Hey but dude don't force ur sons into what they might not like,but if they love it, kudos to you,its nice.
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by Tayeni(m): 7:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
remember a kid called michael jackson?
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by Tayeni(m): 8:05pm On Aug 14, 2013
are u in hell? Did u see Fela there? How did u log into nairaland frm hell? grin

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by inene: 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
My take is that Femi should develop the minds of his sons by giving them good education so that they can make the choice to go into music on their own rather than showing them music as the only way. The fact that he didnt go the way of higher education should not delude him into thinking that the only way to build a legacy is by passing on music to his sons. They should be in school at this tine and not at the shrine. i dont think his father Fela forced music on him as he is trying to do to his sons.
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by cacius: 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ilekokonit:

1977 No Agreement
1979 Unknown Soldier
1980 Authority Stealing
1985 Army Arrangement
1989 Beasts of No Nation

If they will allow me to click like one million times I will click your post a million times. Thanks for bringing out memories of the great Ebami Eda. He was truly a freedom fighter. I am so surprised that you remembered the album titles and the years too. Fela should be remembered by the masses cos he was a true advocate against corruption. R.I.P Fela .
Re: Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage by bloglover(m): 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
Dis wan wey una dey cast me like dis, I neva said they were forced, i just said he shouldnt force them when they eventually grow up and maybe decide to choose anoda path...na wa oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adaeze Yobo Finally Reveals Her Pregnancy In Style.. / Toke Makinwa And Maje Ayida's Court Case Updates / Daddy Freeze To Begin Officiating Marriages In Christ, See His Requirements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.