Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc (22989 Views)

This Beauty Died 2 Days After Saying Happy New Year! / A Tribute To Osayi Omoigui / Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by icerberg(m): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
A Tribute To My Late Friend "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc
By Emmanuel G. Onofua.

I am shattered; I found something I refuse to accept but everything indicates it is true. I remember on that hectic evening of July 2nd 2012-our first day in Kubwa NYSC Camp, we met, became friends and bonded like we’ve known each other forever. I was tagged 1334 and you were 1335. I remember our daylight and nocturnal winning and dinning in Mammy Market and how we designed our shirts to look different from others.

My hearts is full of cracks and everything I remember about you is through a fog of dismay and despair as I rub my eyes in disbelief to wake up from this evil dream; but it is like that dream when you are falling and you wish desperately to wake up before you hit the ground but it’s all out of your control. It’s hard to accept this is an eternal dream that will span a lifetime.

Nothing seems quite as tragic as the death of a young promising man. All the potentials for the future seem empty and wasted, all hopes, dreams, and plans are brought to a sudden end. All your warmth and sounds of life has become cold and silent.

Again, I am sorely faced with the reality of the ephemeral nature of life, the uncertainty of tomorrow and the emptiness of promises. The mystery of why dry leaves cling to a tree and fresh and promising ones fall to the ground was again magnified in the existence of man. You had great and lofty dreams, but your demise is an eloquent testimony that reality always gets in the way of dreams.

You saw your morning and vague snatches of the start of your noon; but the dark side of reality has prevented you from seeing your evening and night.
People say life is short. But ‘short’ is too long for the life you lived- your life was less than brief, you left us in grief.

Your demise vividly defines untimely death; but who am I to define the length of life.
If a loved one is just going to London to school or work, we cry for the absence and rejoice for the gain because we hope to see them again...

I wish I can say as much about death; I wish we can take an elevator down to visit our demised loved ones or they could fly over to spend some time with us to eclipse that eternal grief of their absence. But we cannot comprehend death until we fully comprehend life.

I could go on and never lack words because this heartache and heartbreak tirelessly feeds my muse, but my muse has unlocked the stream of my eyes and has broken the boundaries of my manly emotions.

It is taking all the strength in my soul to say goodbye. I least imagined that 2months and 5days after our glorious climax of our 1years National service I would be saying RIP; I ought to say congratulations on your appointment, but the auto crash seized your breath and changed the content of my message.

Now I know that even the anticipated celebrations of new years are sober warnings that one is another year closer to death and every breath of our lives is a step closer to death.

No one living has seen beyond the curtains of death into what lies beyond. But conventional belief tells that it is probably better on the other side.

Every moment with you was littered with love and happiness and I am grateful to God that in my lifetime I was blessed with a friend as you.

REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND; TILL WE MEET IN ETERNITY.
RIP EVANS AYI.
MAY 1987 – AUGUST 2013.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by MizSammy(f): 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
RIP!
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by mcevans1(m): 6:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
RIP BRO cry

12 Likes

Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
What a cute guy,R I P cry

5 Likes

Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by rash47(m): 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
R.I.P..
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by Pain(m): 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
Cause of Death?
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by mrkels(m): 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hmmm...and he was a big boy...na wa .
Sad
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by nerodenero: 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sorry for your loss and RIP to the dead.
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by alphaconde(m): 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
Am so sorry for ur loss, may God give us the opportunity to prepare for our own deaths.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by Vincent41(m): 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
R..................I.......................P.......... BRO
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by nerodenero: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
Pain: Cause of Death?
Kindly read again!

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by Uglyduckling: 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
RIP Evans!! Your death came as a rude shock to us all. My friend was wondering why you were on so many peoples' dps that faithful day but alas it was your death and not your birthday. Sleep on! And may God grant comfort to the ones who cannot be consoled.

5 Likes

Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by SANdos: 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
Soft boyyyyyyyy RIP!
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by PapiDShipCapt(m): 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
RIP
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
I'm so sorry for your loss, Icerberg.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by pendusky(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
some times i think i guess i wish RRIP Cld means return if possible cry
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by instinctg(m): 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
Too sad
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by Tsmooth1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
R
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by sugaarbear(m): 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
Mmm saddens my heart.......makes me wana cry...r.i.p brother
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by valdubem(m): 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2013

You see ur life! Read the whole write-up, you say NO!! Now you re asking me what killed him.

Anyways, he died in an Auto crash which means Accident.
#ode undecided

5 Likes

Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by lolaluv1(f): 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
Eyah.
RIP
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by danny301: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2013

Didn't you read the tribute?.....He said auto crash.. RIP to the dead.
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by mitey(m): 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
[size=14pt]Baba God Save Our Souls O![/size]

See as winch take spoil person life.

How will one console the parents of such a promising young man.

RIP bro. I only hope you are in a better place.
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by bokunrawo(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
The guy get swag,rip,may ur gentle soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by Ashabie(f): 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
May his gentle soul RIP,sorry for u lost.
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by Koolwilly(m): 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
RIP BRO!!! sad sad sad
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by juman(m): 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sorry for your loss. Ours will also come one day.
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by shangpearlz(f): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
I beta change ma ways so I don't get cut unawares...rip cutee

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by Exodus2k(m): 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
Too touching tribute, sorry for your loss. may his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by Welder(m): 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
Tragic.

Even this tribute brought tears to my eyes. I feel your loss iceberg and all including myself who have lost someone so young, so close, so cold.

God gives and he allows :'

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by macb(m): 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2013
O! When I heard about ur demise I went cold and sober. Nice dude, dressed so well while in school, I remember our encounter in school and in church. Such a cheerful homie. RIP.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc by dridowu: 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Most Mentioned Names/words On Nairaland / Wheelbarrow Pusher Washing His Clothes In A Gutter In Ketu, Lagos / Masquerades Flog Each Other (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.