Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name (12290 Views)

Photos: Sen. Florence Ita Giwa And Her Newly Married Daughter Step Out In Style / Mike Adenuga Paid N200Million For A Burial Space In A Cemetery / Things You Never Knew About Mike Adenuga, Nigeria’s Second Richest Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Flirtyfemi: 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
Father-daughter fights are quite common but when that fight has to do with the daughter retaining the family name, it can get very emotional.
Reprots claim that the Chairman of Globacom, Dr Mike Adenuga, and his beautiful daughter, Bella are engaged in a serious bicker over the removal of ‘Adenuga’ from her name.
Bella was said to have stood her ground that she was a happily married woman and would rather bear her husband’s surname ALONE and be known as Bella Disu; rather than a hyphenated surname…Bella Adenuga-Disu.
The ensuing bickering took another dimension weeks back when her father bluntly refused to sign a very important company document because it bore Bella Disu and not Bella Adenuga-Disu.
Sources reveal that this infuriated Bella so much that she admonished her father to grow up, and start living with the fact that she is now married. She also threatened to resign from his company, where she works as an Executive Director.
Further reports claim that it took days for the billionaire business man to finally succumb to the voice of reason and sign the document…his initial refusal, held the entire organisation to ransom.
You see, it’s the hardest thing for a parent to let their little princess go like that…trust me. Not to mention a daughter as priceless as Bella who has contributed immensely to the growth of his business empire - but is it proper for Wale Adenuga to fight his daughter on such basis?http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/08/globacom-chairman-mike-adenuga-fights.html

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by demelza: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
If this story is true, Mike Adenuga sure has a lot of time on his hands.
He should have refused giving out his daughter in marriage or better still marry her.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by homesteady(m): 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
Let me wait for stella dimoko korkus to give us the full gist gringrin
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by dplomaticVal: 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
Rich Fool lndeed

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by angelTI(f): 8:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
Mrs Disu is pretty and looks like her dad
Pls, i need someone to enlighten me. What will the inclusion of her father's name in her name do in her life?
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by StellaBella(f): 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
Rich people WORRY over irrelevant things.

I beg if ya daughter no wan answer your name,

I will,
I shall,
I promise.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
Let me register my registration before this makes front page, cos it will.

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Nomski0(f): 9:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
Awww He must have been the kind dad who wont want their daughters to grow up.....protective till the end and always wanting to be their daughters' heroes
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by k2039: 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
My billionaire friend is just being arrogant.
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
A lot of dull people on Nairaland. He is only worried about her and her share of his wealth.

He doesn't want her husband claiming what belongs to her in the future. Plus her bearing his name does her good and his enterprise good too.

Can someone explain to these people?

3 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by ednut1(m): 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
Dis blogger needs to be sued, dis is crap
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
Mike Adenuga shud focus on his glo network that has deteriorated drastically over the last couple of weeks rather than mundane things....
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by LesbianBoy(m): 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
Smh.....its FOOLS like mike adenuga that encourage young nigeria girls these days to think of having hypenated surnames. WHEN A WOMAN IS MARRIED SHE SHOULD TAKE HER HUSBAND'S SURNAME AND DROP HERS!!! Any girl who disagrees with this should pay the man's groom price then! wink

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Hadone(m): 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
HOPE HIS OWN WIFE IS BEARING HER FATHER'S NAME.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
sholypopz: A lot of dull people on Nairaland. He is only worried about her and her share of his wealth.

He doesn't want her husband claiming what belongs to her in the future. Plus her bearing his name does her good and his enterprise good too.

Can someone explain to these people, I'm lazy.

How will the husband claim what belongs to her with or without the name change in this day and age if the will bears bella disu? Are you also saying she cant survive on her husbands name alone I dont understand you

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Natureboyfk(m): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
k2039: My billionaire friend is just being arrogant.

Sharap!!! Hu b ur friend? Is ur fathers name on d internet? Dreamer!!

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Natureboyfk(m): 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
Let's observe a one-minute silence in honor of our late football hero Samuel Okwaraji...exactly 24yrs today wen he passed on..His Memory Lives!!
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
sholypopz: A lot of dull people on Nairaland. He is only worried about her and her share of his wealth.

wise one, is this all you have to say? SMH for you.

3 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by 3ace(m): 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2013

Why do you have to call people dull? That's not fair. The fact that they haven't posted something similar to your post doesn't make them dull. Okay, since you're intelligent, can you give us possible reasons why Bella disobeyed based on your submission above? Your comment seems to me like an arrogant one.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by abdulkayus(m): 11:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
Adenuga is somehw right sha. In Islam, even wen u get married, u are to still bear ur father's name cos ur father is ur father till eternity. Bearin husband surname is western culture dat we hav copy.
Wen i get married, my wife will bear her father's name like d way my married sister is still bearin our Dad' name as surname.
Dat is my opinion sha.

3 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
Adenuga should let her bear her hubby name Jor. What's the pleasure in still using ur dad's name after marriage. To be called a MRS is every woman's dream.
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by tpia5: 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
She's a top official in her dad's companies, so if the husband has no objections, it might be more expedient for her to combine both names.
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by sobastical: 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
But this man has a male child nau
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Lolasho: 12:54am On Aug 14, 2013
Everyone with his/her opinion. when you are in Adenuga shoes, i know you will feel the same. Don't let us blame her father,It's an empire and he never said she should not add the husband's name to her names..just to include Adenuga..Thats not bad! to me oh.

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Opoki(m): 1:04am On Aug 14, 2013
Why fighting her own daughter when i and many people are ready to adopt his name provided he can give us the same opportunity he gave her.
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 14, 2013
Lolasho: Everyone with his/her opinion. when you are in Adenuga shoes, i know you will feel the same. Don't let us blame her father,It's an empire and he never said she should not add the husband's name to her names..just to include Adenuga..Thats not bad! to me oh.

I still fail to understand this point? Include Adenuga for what now Paddy is there and carries Adenuga forever.
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by k2039: 3:12am On Aug 14, 2013
Natureboyfk:
Sharap!!! Hu b ur friend? Is ur fathers name on d internet? Dreamer!!
You are a fool of the first order.

So you think we billionaires in Nigeria don't know one another, mtchew. All this poor Nigerians just vex me so much a lot of time. Smh.
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Nobody: 3:23am On Aug 14, 2013
Mike is just too arrogant and ignorant. Why would he be inciting such statement that the son-in-law my inherit or claim what belongs to the daughter, indirectly calling the guy a gold digger. This dude is a crass nitwit and a slow poke. Luck him he didn't make this statement public. angry undecided
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Nobody: 3:32am On Aug 14, 2013
k2039: You are a fool of the first order.

So you think we billionaires in Nigeria don't know one another, mtchew. All this poor Nigerians just vex me so much a lot of time. Smh.
grin billionaire wey tie wrapper, carry mat dey sleep for nairaland shocked go find your level abeg. Attention seeking whor.es undecided
Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by Nobody: 3:51am On Aug 14, 2013
3ace: Why do you have to call people dull? That's not fair. The fact that they haven't posted something similar to your post doesn't make them dull. Okay, since you're intelligent, can you give us possible reasons why Bella disobeyed based on your submission above? Your comment seems to me like an arrogant one.
Nah, not arrogant.
The name Adenuga is a brand name in Nigeria. The father has been able to build his brand and goodwill around that name.
Ivanka Trump (Donald Trump's daughter) owns Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry, the name of her purse is Ivanka Trump. The woman has got herself an upscale market in purse and jewelry sales because of that name Trump. It made it a little easier for her to rank her products in the leagues of Cole Haan, Dooney and Bourke, Calvin Klein and Micheal Kors. This might be the thought process of Mr. Adenuga.

I'm not Mr. Adenuga himself, so all I'm typing is an assumption. If the contract Mr Adenuga was suppose to sign involved her being the face of a new branch of business by the Adenugas, a change of name can be detrimental.
People want to hear the Adenuga name, people will buy Adenuga not even the product.
Again, he might just be a selfish father that has invested so much in his children and want to take some sort of pride and glory from their accomplishments. Whatever she does inside and outside Nigeria, he wants everyone to know that it's the Adenugas. It's all about the name!
His decision could stem from him trying to increase the Adenuga conglomerate; make it a huge family business. Increasing the amount of properties in the Adenuga name. He wants whatever property owned by her to remain Adenuga and not Duni. He doesn't want to feel like a part of his wealth is being shared with or transferred to another.

I find it almost ridiculous that everybody that read the article before me just typed without raising an eyebrow or just piggybacked off other people. I agree, I might have used dull with reckless abandon....

4 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga, Fights His Married Daughter, Bella, For Not Retaining His Name by k2039: 3:56am On Aug 14, 2013
slimmy05: grin billionaire wey tie wrapper, carry mat dey sleep for nairaland shocked go find your level abeg. Attention seeking whor.es undecided
Doubting thomas', smh. Howbeit we speak wisdom among those that are matured, not the wisdom that this dull nigerians can understand.

@Sholypopz, you done vex.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian Breaks The Internet / Down The Aisle With Love: Nollywood Star Ini Edo & Phillip Ehiagwina’s White Wed / Meet Nigerian-american Fitness Trainer Agu Ukaogo Who Likes Being Nude.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.