Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

South Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses (637 Views)

Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea / Soldiers Didn't Burn BRT Buses In Lagos - Nigerian Army / South-Korea & US Start Drills As Tensions With North-Korea Escalate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses by Sagewood: 5:22am On Aug 14, 2013
By William Pentland, Forbes.com – Mon, Aug 12, 2013 7:53 PM EDT

An electric bus that charges its batteries while driving (rather than while sitting idle in a charging station) is no longer science fiction.

Researchers at Korea’s Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) recently constructed a seven and a half mile stretch of asphalt roadway in the city of Gumi in South Korea with specialized electric cables designed to power batteries on a moving passenger bus.

The first of it’s kind technology doesn’t need the vehicles to stop at a point to charge.

The bus’s batteries are equipped with a novel technology called “Shaped Magnetic Field In Resonance” that sends electromagnetic fields created by the electric cables buried in the asphalt to the bus but not normal cars.

The technology recognizes vehicles capable of accepting the electric charge and those that cannot.

A coil in the battery can turn the electromagnetic fields into electricity at a distance of more than half a foot above the road.
Re: South Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses by Sagewood: 5:24am On Aug 14, 2013
This technology has the capacity to revolutionize transportation systems worldwide.
Re: South Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 14, 2013
shocked shocked

Oh Afrika! You're sinking...

Billions upon Billions and nothing to show.. except Kindergaten & Old men Politics, Degres in form of paper & Religion..
Re: South Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 14, 2013
acidosis™:
shocked shocked

Billions upon Billions and nothing to show.. except Kindergaten & Old men Politics, Degres in form of paper & Religion..

we'll get there boy
Rome was not built in a day
Re: South Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses by k2039: 6:20am On Aug 14, 2013
acidosis™:
shocked shocked

Reality will soon dawn on us. Oil is gradually being replaced.
Re: South Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses by k2039: 6:24am On Aug 14, 2013
Yungwizzzy:

we'll get there boy
Rome was not built in a day
The only reason why other countries are developed is because they spend billioons of dollars on research and development. Our own billion are being embezzled by a selected few visionless leaders. The problem with this counrty is just that we have none leaders leading.
The truth is just that this concept and idea has been nutured by Korea for long.
Truth be said, unless Nigeria tow this path (invest heavily in R& D), our rome may take ages to be built.
Re: South Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 14, 2013
k2039:
The only reason why other countries are developed is because they spend billioons of dollars on research and development. Our own billion are being embezzled by a selected few visionless leaders. The problem with this counrty is just that we have none leaders leading.
The truth is just that this concept and idea has been nutured by Korea for long.
Truth be said, unless Nigeria tow this path (invest heavily in R& D), our rome may take ages to be built.

I'm happy you cited the problem of the country and not incompetent engineers to construct similar innovation. but how can we make headway when all we(the youth) do is wake every morning and post trash on the internet without any meaningful contribution to savage the problems. if we really wake up and revolutionise against corrupt leaders and leave sentiment and partisan politics for the old folks maybe things will change.
we have great minds in this country, I'm amazed when I see Nigerians come out tops in top foreign universities and yet we are least developed.

all I'm saying is that the youths are the change we need

1 Like

Re: South Korea Constructs Road That Wirelessly Charges Moving Electric Buses by k2039: 10:14am On Aug 14, 2013
Yungwizzzy:

I'm happy you cited the problem of the country and not incompetent engineers to construct similar innovation. but how can we make headway when all we(the youth) do is wake every morning and post trash on the internet without any meaningful contribution to savage the problems. if we really wake up and revolutionise against corrupt leaders and leave sentiment and partisan politics for the old folks maybe things will change.
we have great minds in this country, I'm amazed when I see Nigerians come out tops in top foreign universities and yet we are least developed.

all I'm saying is that the youths are the change we need
I agree

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Rejects UN Security Council Seat / Latvia PM Resigns After Supermarket Roof Collapse That Killed 54. / As Ashraf Ghani Becomes Afghan President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.