Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria (5670 Views)

See How This Abuja Taxi Driver Packaged Himself / Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash / Best Car For Taxi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria by aeu1: 9:55am On Aug 14, 2013
This question has been ringing in my mind after years of observation. You will hear Honda is a reliable and good and among the best selling cars worldwide, BUT I dont see it anyway being used as taxis. I see lots of Gulf, Sunny, Jetta, Primera, Mazda 626, 323, volvo 244, Sienna, 504,505, then fewer of benz, opel, bmw. Am I right in my observation and what is the scenario like in others countries? let the discussion start
Re: Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2013
Here in Nigeria most taxicab operators only accept Toyota,Nissan and VW tis only in UNIZIK that i've seen a man using MB 190 (W201) as students shuttle.
Re: Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria by elektra80: 9:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
Honda cars are not very rugged... that doesn't mean they are not reliable though. Also when it comes to using a car for commercial transport, then fuel economy and ruggedity are the first 2 things to come to mind. I have seen a few Honda Concertos being used for taxi. Honda civic and city are the compact cars with good fuel economy but they are way too fragile. Accords are stronger, but fuel economy and maintenance is higher than Toyota and the rest.

Most of the cars u mentioned are either cars of the 80's or 90's. I have never seen a Golf 4 used for taxi. Neither have I seen 2000+ model of Jetta, Primera, Mazda 626 (very fragile), or volvo used for Taxi. Most cab companies that use newer model of cars use either Toyota or Nissan Sunny. At the airport u can see varieties of cars as taxi including 2000+ model Hondas. You will hardly see 2000+ model Golf, Mazda, Volvo etc. You might see Jetta though.
Re: Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria by cardoctor(m): 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
We are waiting for you to be the first.
Re: Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 15, 2013
Well i can also remember seeing the Honda Accord (Babyboy) some couple of times.
Re: Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria by aeu1: 8:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
car-doctor:
We are waiting for you to be the first.
I don't quite understand you here?
Re: Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria by chuqudy(m): 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
Fake and ignorant advisers here again.
Re: Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 16, 2013
IMO, it's because their bloody front wheels fall off after hitting a few bumps the way our taxi drivers do

damn frustrating. . . though I've never experience it, my heart goes out to those who have
Re: Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
chuqudy: Fake and ignorant advisers here again.
U are becoming Irritiating on Nairaland...maybe ur 13 years of age wasn't verified b4 registering..cox am sure u took junior waec dz year.
Re: Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria by elektra80: 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
Bossforeva: U are becoming Irritiating on Nairaland...maybe ur 13 years of age wasn't verified b4 registering..cox am sure u took junior waec dz year.

no mind the stupid guy. The best thing is just to ignore any of his posts. Why waste time with someone so immature
Re: Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria by chuqudy(m): 12:59am On Aug 17, 2013
Bossforeva: U are becoming Irritiating on Nairaland...maybe ur 13 years of age wasn't verified b4 registering..cox am sure u took junior waec dz year.
elektra80:

no mind the stupid guy. The best thing is just to ignore any of his posts. Why waste time with someone so immature

silly and half baked car teachers. Still sucking breeasts.
Re: Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria by adanny01(m): 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hondas are not used because of its suspension system especially the rear.

The honda's rear suspension cannot be modified to carry more weight or repaired when bad. There is something to do with the diameter of Honda shocks which is smaller to both Toyota and Nissan and even Mazda.

These commercial drivers sometimes modify the suspensions by doubling the coil spring to carry more weight while there is no allowance for that in Honda shocks. Also, the toyota and Nissan shock absorbers can be opened and resealed once the oil and rubber seals leak. While the VW and Opel shock absorber is very cheap at about N1,500.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria by Osama10(m): 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
^^^^^^^^^

More like it.

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. / Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe / Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.