Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts (1346 Views)

China Phone Maker, Xiaomi Set To Launch In Africa / Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. / Samsung To Pay Apple $1.05B for Patent-Infringement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts by mcgboye(m): 12:08am On Aug 15, 2013
I'm a sucker for cheap, quality smartphones that give users good-enough specs and performance without leaving a hole in the pocket. I absolutely believe in the very near future there will be increased demand for budget smartphones and high-end manufacturers like Samsung, Apple, HTC etc will be forced to bring down prices. If you are one of those who hate anything Chinese and make lot of noise about Samsung/Apple, maybe you should stop reading and move to other threads.

Well, there is news from China.

Xiaomi‘s flagship smartphone, the Mi 2S, is the most popular phone in China, according to Chinese benchmarking company, Antutu.

According to Antutu’s data on “active device volumes”, the Mi 2S was the most popular phone bought by Chinese users in the first half of this year, followed by Samsung’s latest S4 device.

The Mi 2S is the successor to Xiaomi’s popular Mi 2 smartphone, which sold 7.19 million units in 2012. The Mi 2S was just released in April, at about the same time as the S4.

You can read more here: http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/12/xiaomi-beats-samsung-to-top-chinas-smartphone-charts/

1 Like

Re: Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts by Koolmexxi(m): 12:58am On Aug 15, 2013
1st to comment.. Well let all d brandname fanboys kip making noise about their brands having superior components to these "Chinkos". For their info these "Chinkos" offer basically same functions to d products of big name brands nd at really pocket friendly prices.
Re: Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts by proboy: 1:02am On Aug 15, 2013
i don't even knw d difference between samsung and other chinese fones cos samsung is a japanese phone and dey also gat xo many company in china... 90% of All dis samsung fones are produced in china . DIG IT

1 Like

Re: Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts by azpekuliar: 3:14am On Aug 15, 2013
proboy: i don't even knw d difference between samsung and other chinese fones cos samsung is a japanese phone and dey also gat xo many company in china... 90% of All dis samsung fones are produced in china . DIG IT

Samsung is South-Korean mate.
Re: Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:39am On Aug 15, 2013
plus samsung do not produce in china

plus xiaomi is a proper brandname recognised everywhere contrary to the crappy rubbish u pple keep peddling and marketing on nl

plus if only u had ever paid any attention to what people have been telling you this fact would not be surprising to you that there are BETTER CHINESE OEMS WITH BETTER PRODUCTS

plus even those socalled big name oems do have cheap phones but you are too lazy to gind out. e.g that same useless samsung also sells the samsung galaxy core for 34k and galaxy grand for around 40 k

when trying to badmouth peoples work, at least be factual.

those oems are well represented in budget phones and will win out in the long run when d difference in quality begins to show in time.

i wonder how the nigerian market is now such a big factor for big oems. they cant move 500k devices here of any model.. there are markets where they move 3 million of 1 model

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts by slinkman(m): 7:12am On Aug 15, 2013
before nko... the chinese guys makes alot of standard phones... check out zoppo, jiayu, gionee, xiaoni, thl... all standard and quality phones, recognized worldwide...

but check TECNO,,.. even the chinese no knw dis phone...
Re: Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts by mcgboye(m): 7:31am On Aug 15, 2013
I said this somewhere before that GEJ, during his recent official visit to China, should have arranged a direct meeting with top Chinese phone makers to come set up their companies here. But I guess that is a matter for another day.

But talking about Tecno, I read somewhere that Tecno is owned by a Chinese company that set up a pseudo-company with a different name to market its product for the Nigerian market. The person suggested that it was a business decision that was meant to reduce taxes paid in china. I don't know much about this to be honest, but I know for a fact that some companies do similar stuff for economic purposes. We know of countries who set up branches in tax havens for the same purpose.

Maybe that's why you won't see the name of Tecno in china. And it sorta makes sense because even when you google their name, you don't see anything in china. Even the smallest companies in china have functional websites.
Re: Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts by mrdrizzy(m): 10:07am On Aug 15, 2013
Pls oh xiaomi is not a proper brand name,and its nt recognised everywhere,it doesnt even have much online presence,from thier marketing rate,xiaomi makes most of of their sales offline(within them) just 30%+ made online,also its 3g service isnt accessable in all country(eg mi2 is jst 850mhz/1900/2100mhz)..all those crap u meantion being posted on Nl(d zte's,zopos,jiayu's) have good online support and their 3g can in accessable in africa(atleast)..anyway big ups to xiaomi,dey also watch their back well,cus the oppo and the zte even hasee will come with their beast anytime soon,i kinda like their (xiaomi) brand,bt buying a fone which may nt be fully usefull in my country is a NO deal!!..xiaomi should learn to come off their block,reason beyond china and asia,den dey will be fully recognised universally

1 Like

Re: Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts by mrdrizzy(m): 10:19am On Aug 15, 2013
Imagine their 1st mtk chip fone red rice!(which is like the cheapest quadcore fone) Is only designated for china alone..abeg their not serious joor..smh

1 Like

Re: Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts by slinkman(m): 10:24am On Aug 15, 2013
truest talk oo..

d only chinese mobile company i trust is

gionee, jiayu and thl..

the rest, me never confirm..
Re: Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts by mcgboye(m): 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
One of the most basic marketing strategies is to know your market. That is what the likes of Tecno, Xiaomi etc have mastered and are using to their own advantage. I don't think I need to expatiate that.
Re: Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
Oh so u mean because Xiaomi makes phones that work on Chinese network bands to be sold in china, then their products are not relevant? cheesy cheesy cheesy

why do they need to make an international phone when they have not yet gone international?

Ever heard of MIUI rom? Xiaomi's fork of the android OS. better than any other fork ever created.
you should try it. you will need a proper phone though

and its a real fork, not just somebody building AOSP with a funy launcher. They actually improve the ROM and have many unique features they added to android.

Xiaomi is licensed by google and is a proper member of the open source alliance.

Xiaomi is featured on every gadget blog in the western hemisphere and beyond. despite the fact that they have not even formally expanded out of china

Xiaomi sells more than most of the oems in existence in just china alone already.

Xiaomi hardware is very very respected around the world.

Xiaomi is featured on competent mobile sites including GSM arena. infact go to gsm arena and see so many weird unknown names of OEMS,... our "savior" is no where to be found

and even better, their first release of a low end mediatek processor phone shats on everyone else in the business and it costs 130 dollars... thats about 19k and thats with proper specs o http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/31/xiaomi-unveils-the-red-rice-smartphone/

abeg.......

we know Gionee is actually BLU rebadged. BLU is sold in the US.

which one tecno dey? this kain naija only fone na wah

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Maker Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top China’s Smartphone Charts by mrdrizzy(m): 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Everyone knws they have good products,all we saying is..let dem go fully international,haba must dey jst be in one angle.inshort we are nt even supposed to be talking of them sef,and sure.lols miuiandroid.com is where u get most of custom rom,anyway if dem like dey should go and make anoda red beans for 100$ and it locked only for china,na dier own business,dey will clearly nt even make much!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

/ / Airtel Please Stop Calling My Line! / Blackberry Q5 New For Sale SOLD!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.